** Damage Control....in FEB...WED **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

Feeling rather sleepy today:rolleyes: I shouldn't have watched the Biggest Loser...should have went straight to bed!:eek:

Todays workout is gonna be 4DS bics and tris (2x's hopefully) some time on the TM and then 4DS KB. I like doing KB on a bic's day...gets the bic;s real good!

My sister arrived home yesterday and STS was there waiting for her. Their vechile is in the garage though so she as no way to the postoffice. Wouldn't surprise me but if she is really bored she will probably find some way there and back! Although it is freezing where she lives...so she would probably rather stay inside:eek: DH is going away this weekend though so I have lots of time to work on my 1RM. Then maybe I will be ready to start STS the beginning of March!

Jacque** The kids at this age, still aren't playing together much. They more or less, just take each others sippy cups and toys:rolleyes: When DS goes to the sitters there is a 2 1/2 yr old girl there and a contray 3 1/2 yr old boy. His mother doesn't believe in putting him to bed early so when we drop DS off at the sitters, Mark is usually having the big snooze on the couch at 9 in the morning:confused: I think DS and the little girl play well together (so the sitter says) but she as to watch Mark cause he can be bit of a bully and take things from the little ones. Im surprised DS puts up with that actually. He can be such a savage sometimes but if anyone takes his toy, he just stands up and looks at them. If I am there he will lead me over to get it back for him. One minute he is passive...the next he might be pulling on my hair!:eek:
My legs felt like they weighed a ton last night when i was running! I hate that feeling...they will probably feel worse today!:eek:

Alright...that catches me up with personals cause I checked in late last night. I think I am going to have to have one of DH's energy drinks in the fridge....I am going to bed early tonight!!!!

Lori:)

Hello Lori and all who follow.

Today's work out is Burn it Off and Centergy. I have to work so Burn it Off will wait until this afternoon. I was not in the mood for a work out this morning even though I was up early enough.

Jacque: BC is Burn Circuit as in CLX. Learn the lingo girl! :p

Lori: I had CM but I sold it. Just not fond of ab work outs that last more then 10 minutes. The only one I can handle that is long is the TJ ab work out but that's because half of it is done standing so that's different from doing crunches for 20 minutes on the floor. :eek: DH and I are headed to Vegas for a week at the end of the month. DS will be spending the time with my inlaws. This vacation is just dumb luck and not something we would have planned normally but DH bowls in a national tourny every year and this year it just so happens to be in Vegas. I never go with him but this year I was NOT being left behind. Vegas is awesome! :D My SIL goes on vacation every summer. We usually go with her. This year we will go for a long weekend wherever she goes in order to give DS a vacation. I think they are going back to Ocean City again so that's cool. With a little one you should figure on washing clothes while you are vacation. There is no way most could pack enough stuff to NOT have to wash when taking a little one on vacation. That being said, don't even stress over how many pairs of shorts he has. :)

Well I guess that's all for now but I'll be back later, chicas!

Im at work now:confused: and its snowing AGAIN! I don't think spring is ever going to come....our winters are usually long anyway. Thats why everyone goes away for a week...to Cuba or the Dominician:rolleyes:.

My workout was as planned. I did all the of the bic's and tri's workout 2 x's except for the 3rd set. I don't like those dips on the stability ball:confused: the stupid thing is rolling all over the place:mad: And I did a 30 min run on the TM. If have the energy tonight I may be able to do another 30 mins run. Gotta get these pounds of before vaca:eek: I was 124.8 today....4.8 to go.

Wendy** The house we are renting as a washer and dryer so we can do laundry. My friend (that I have nothing in common with) was talking about bikins yesterday. They go away every year so Im pretty sure she doesn't NEED anymore bikinis. Its a little different then going away to an all inclusive cause all you do there is sit around the pool but with FL we will be on the move more. I don't think there is a need to have a swimsuit for everyday...which is probably what she will have!:eek:
We were suppose to be going to vegas with friends as well (no kids) but opted to go to FL with the kids. Maybe someday we will get there! Passports are sent off so we can go anywhere once we get those done;) oh yeah...but I need some money to go with it:rolleyes:

I will check in again later. I have a feeling that this place is going to be pretty quiet today!

Good Morning Ladies,

I was exhausted last night, obviously from not getting much sleep the night before. I fell fast asleep and slept great. Love those nights! This morning is disc 2, back & triceps. I previewed a bit of it yesterday on the EXT. Cathe uses her pullup equipment-I don't think it's available for purchase yet. The alternate is to use the tubing, same as in P90X.

I don't need to be at work until 9 today, that works much better for especially on mornings like this where I slept in a bit.

The weather is much colder today, only in the 40's and there is a slight chance of snow but probably no accumulation. The temps should warm up for the weekend.

Cody come's out late tonight (after midnight) from seeing his girls. I was talking to him on the phone yesterday and could here the girls jabbering in the background. He said they "talk" a lot more now. He is looking forward to moving out there but I will miss him greatly when he leaves.

DS birthday is Saturday, he will be 13. He wants to have some friends over and go to the movies and have a sleep over. That's fine with me but he hasn't even written or taken the invitations. He thinks another friend is having a birthday party on Sat and his friends are already going to that party. I told him that giving them invitations on a Thurs for a Sat party is very short notice. We will be having the family over Sat for his actual birthday and it would be nice to have his friends over at the same time. Otherwise we'll have to do it again next weekend with his friends.

Lori-nice job with bi's & tri's (times 2)! Gotta love FF rotations. I don't like the dips on the stability ball either. I have noticed that the ball doesn't move as much if you don't put the riser under it.

Wendy-I'm draggin' here too, I should already be downstairs. I'm headed in that direction though. I'm not sure if fashion bug is still around here or not. I seem to recall them closing a bunch of their stores here. Do you have Gordmans?? They sell cute clothes for cheap. I just bought a pair of jeans for $20, and 2 shirts for $11.99 each.

Jacque-no other cardio w/o for me yesterday. If I don't get it done in the morning it's not happening. Today I plan on doing disc 2 and then hitting the rec ctr for some cardio. Since I normally work until 6pm, by the time I get home it's time to start dinner, laundry, go over homework etc.

Happy Hump Day Ladies.

Morning Ladies ..

I am stressing again (watch the weight loss will start b/c this is the second week of being stressed out .. the tummy rebels on me when I stress .. :( I sure dont want to loose the muscle I am working so hard for) .. anyway .. more evil aunt CRAP ... there is a special place in "you know where" for people like her .. then I get to work and PIA laid out today :mad: I will never brag on her again .. thankfully the other coworker who is having family medical prblms is back .. PIA has no work ethics at all .. NOT loyal in the slightest bit .. {{{ deep breaths .. deep breaths ... }}}

anywho .. I am doming in my bis, shoulder caps, chest from STS .. and in my inner thigh, hamstrings and core from my six step class .. class was moaning away last night :D

Lori .. WOOOHOOO on STS .. you are gonna love it .. I know I do!!! I cant wait till the next workout ..even though it is causing me great DOMS.. LOL .. the only thing since STS is my appetite is relentless .. SIL said the same thing ... I am ALWAYS hungry .. for FOOD .. not snacks .. REAL FOOD!! LOL .. I remember my nephew at 2 and 3 .. only child .. and man was he stingy w/his toys... we worked hard at teaching sharing .. but the little man meant he did NOT like sharing w/his toys then .. LOL!!! Good luck w/NEW PIA!!! Think there is a PIA in every work group .. SIL has one almost identical to mine ..??

Wendy .. I am jealous .. VEGAS ... I hope we are still going to be able to go in April .. I LOVE Vegas ... we have some friends that just got back ..had a blast .. but they had a ROUGH returning flight .. think they hit some rough weather over TX .. we are to get that weather today .. possible LARGE hail .. 70 mph winds ... thunderstorms and possibly tornadoes!! :confused: HOPE NOT!!

Di .. I know you will miss your son .. but I know he will love living wthe babies ... hope his situation works out!! And good luck on DS b-day .. ooohhh 13 .. that was a biggie for me ... you think you are all grown up or at least about to be .. Hope the plans workout for him this weekend!!! tell him Happy B-day from your cyber-pal!!!!

Jacque .. I thought about what you said about evil aunt .. remember what I used to respect about her .. after her actions I was mistaken she was NOT the person I thought she was .. and probably would have known it sooner if she lived here .. I have no respect for her .. and anything I did have she has destroyed it. SAD!!!! but thanks for trying to give me soemthing to hang on to that was positive .. but sadly enough it does not exist!! ... I love the tris and back STS .... you will like that disc .. warning the evil bands are in there though! And make sure you have a nice RECOVERY day after you do the legs one!! LOL .. I didnt realize that we did the BONUS part of the legs .. we thought that was part of it .. LOL!!!!

Hello to all that follow .. happy HUMP DAY ... I dont have class tonight .. going to the gym and going to do the elliptical and the TM .. all cardio today!!!! Have a great day and great sweaty workouts!! !;)

Last edited:
Soo...I got some insight on what the new schedule will look like:confused: 12 hour shifts from 12 in the afternoon till 12 at night:confused: At first it didn't sound so bad but not that I think about it...its not that great. I was talking to one of my coworkers though and she thinks we can make it work if we spilt those 12 hour shifts...from 12-6 and 6-12...sounds ALOT better!

Diana** Do you get to see the girls very often!? Still can't believe you are a grandma!;) What State is your son moving to? Sounds like you had lots of sleep last night...I am freezing at work today so Im wide awake!:eek: I can't wait to get into bed tonight:D

Laura** I don't understand how people can gain weight when they are stressed out. I lose weight to...although, Im not usually stressed out very often. Great...STS is just what I need to make me eat more:rolleyes: As long as its not snack food, I may be o.k:)

I will check back in again later! Just finished my lunch:)

Back to report: Lunch workout: SIL wanted to work legs too .. 20+ min on elliptical .. then with SIL bright idea .. heavy legs in the gym .. :confused: .. ummmmm . . my legs were already heavy and hurting .. and the elliptical finished them off .. but I pushed thru .. when SIL laid down to do hamstring curl .. she looked at me and said .. uummmm maybe this isnt the best idea .. I AM sore in my hamstrings .. I told her OH NOOOOO .. you wanted legs .. lets do it!! :p SO reporting LB officially fried!!! but in a good way!!;)

Got sweaty .. it is humid here .. and looks like the bottom is gonna fall out at any moment!! thank goodness I had a compact to tidy up the face!!! the hair got a little kinky b/c of sweat and the humidity .. OH WELL .. gotta a good workout in!!!:)

Lori .. LOL .. so you loose weight while stressing too? Glad I am not the only one .. everyone else says they eat and gain weight when stressed .. I am the opposite .. think my body goes into nervous energy mode and I usually cant sit still and dont really think about food and what food I do eat usually makes my tummy mad!!! I just dont wanna loose any muscle .. would be nice if I could signal my body to take it from my midsection (the main place I have fat ..thanks to my CABS) .. LOL

OK . back to work .. have a great one!!!:D

Hey ladies,

Loved Back & triceps this morning. I'm sure I will be sufficiently sore in the triceps for sure. I started out using the tubing for pullups and then switched over to my door gym.. aka P90X dejavous.

I had planned on hitting the rec ctr at lunch but DS called from school to remind me that he has a choir concert tonight. He said he needs black dress pants, nice white shirt, and black dress shoes. I quickly called DS in Oregon to see if he had a black pair of shoes in his room that his brother could wear. He said sorry, but he took his nice shoes with him. I hate to buy shoes for 1 occasion but think I may have to-his feet are bigger than his dads and his brothers so he can't borrow a pair. Guess I'll be going shopping instead of doing cardio at lunch.

Laura-sorry about the drama with your aunt, I think you just have to let it go. I try to stay out of our family drama situations, life is too short to let it consume me (or you). Thanks for the bd wish for DS, he'll be thrilled. So there is a bonus section on disc 3, or does cathe just sneak it in there on us?? I'm a stress eater so I gain weight when I stress. Deep breaths and let it go.

Lori-Well the girls lived with us for their first 6 1/2 months before their mom decided to move back home to Oregon. I also got to see them the last week of December and am trying to determine if we can go visit them over memorial weekend. We have a big 10K race here that I run in most years, over 40,000 participants. Actually, Amanda ran it with me last year and we had a good time. How many days per week do you have to work the 12 hour shifts? Our night operators work 3 12 hr shifts and get paid for 40hrs. The work from 6pm to 6am 3 or 4 nights in a row and then have 3 or 4 nights off.

Time to go shopping...hopefully I'll find some great buys for me too!

I'm back.

Burn It Off is done and I had fun. Now let's hope I can find a parking spot for Centergy class tonight. :eek:

Diana: So any luck shopping today?? I don't have a Gordman's around here. Never even heard of it tbh.

Laura: Sorry about evil aunt and pita! LOL'ing at SIL trying back out of the leg work! You put her in her place though. Good for you! ;)

Lori: Sorry about the schedule change. Hope you can make it work.

Ah well...time to figure out what's for dinner....Not sure if I'll make it back here tonight but if not, I'll be around tmrw for sure! :)

Hey Gals!

Thought i would check in tonight before I go to bed...gives me less to yack about in the morning so I can get right to my workout:p

Diana** You must have really missed the girls when they moved? Can you drive to where they are or would it take forever?

Wendy** Hope you find a place to put your butt in class tonight!

I decided not to workout tonight, put in a good cardio and ab workout in the morning. Surprisingly i wasn't tired today at work. Im a little stressed tonight though (LAURA!:rolleyes:) I was pretty optimistic at work that everything was going to be o.k but I appear to be the only one! Now I am nervous that everyone else is right and that we may not be working much longer:( I guess I am just realizing how much I enjoy my job. I won't even get started on how weird the schedule is going to be:(

BB in the morning!

Finally got here today - Whew !

Running all day at work feeding the sales team who had a meeting off site today. Hope it kick them up a notch cuz we have quite a ways to go before fiscal year end in 2 1/2 months ! :confused:

Just finished # 2 - I am loving these workouts ! For some reason I just love making it through to the end. Dropped my weight a couple lbs. on about 1/2 the exercises from my 1 RM and didn't pull one single muscle ! Woo Hoo for me. I was a bit scared since this is the disc where I pulled my back muscle a couple weeks ago. It felt fine and I just went slow. Think my abs will be feeling it as much as anything else while I worked on keeping my core tight so as not to pull anything.

Yep, definitely loving this. So Lori, maybe you'll have to double up a bit the first couple of weeks so you can at least catch up to Diana and me? :eek:
LOL !

WENDY - CLOSE YOUR EYES TO THE REST OF THE POST ! ! !

(Secretly waiting to see if Wendy caves . . . shhhhhhh - don't tell her I said so ! :p )

Well looks like KPC is on the list for tomorrow. Wondering if I'll be able to lift my arms by that time? Or perhaps I should act like the rest of you and add hand weights ! Naw, nevermind ! I am claiming "oldness" and wisdom ! Ha ha !

I'll catch up on personals tomorrow at work - no assistant to pay attention to what I'm up to ! :rolleyes:

See ya all later - hope you enjoyed the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.