** Damage Control in Feb....TUES **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Im up early to get a workout done before DS wakes up. Im having some girls over for baby group...(although it was last min descision and no one may show up:rolleyes:) So I wanted to get my workout in before that.

Two people I work with got laid off yesterday!:( My boss said its going to get worse before it gets better. Im not worried that I am next to go or anything....but apparently our shifts are going to change and there is only going to be one person in the building at a time. I don't like change and I have a feeling that I am NOT going to like this one either!

I will bbl to report my workout...btw...I hate my scale today!:rolleyes:

Lori

Good Morning.

Lori: Sorry about the lay-offs. It's always scary. So what work out did you choose this morning? I hope someone shows up for your baby group this morning. Do you serve any breakfast munchies or just lots of coffee? Perhaps a pitcher of the frozen drinks you love so much would be the better option! ;):D

Well, I am not working today so I'll come back after dropping DS at school and bang out BC#3. Very excited to try it for the first time. After that I'll head out shopping. I need to find some cute tops for vacation. The food store is also on my "to do" list.

Off I go for now but I'll be back!:D

My work out is done and WOW! BC#3 is ALL legs and shoulders!:eek: I loved it girls! I need to up the weights a bit on most of the exercises next time though. It's hard to get it right the first time around. I made notes and will adjust next week! :D

Morning Ladies!

this is the first day my @$$ and my legs are not hurting .. LOL!!! I changed my mind last night .. had all my regulars so I did super step cardio and abs .. it was sweatfest and I felt great afterwards .. although my legs were sooooooo heavy during the workout!

Today SIL and I will do STS disc 7 .. I looked at the w/o sheet and yes it is pushup up torture X10 .. :eek: .. my shoulder is doing a lot better .. but i know I wont be able to do all the pushups .. not sure on class .. thinking I am gonna do 6 steps heavy shaping .. (work what is not fried from STS w/o)

today we are shorthanded .. I am up front w/PIA .. :eek: .. hoping it goes smoothly .. she is on WW and has lost 20 # and it has greatly improved her attitude .. I am encouraging her to keep up the good work (for selfish reasons . lol) .. hey if it keeps her from whinning and doing her usual NON work poor pittiful me routine I am ALL FOR IT!!!!

Lori .. good luck w/the baby group!! scary hearing all the cutbacks .. our capitol just announced a MAJOR cut back on government and city jobs .. OMG .. the future is scary .. not to mention my 401K :( .. I hope it improves and does not bottom out!!! :(:(:mad::(

Wendy .. so is the BC from CLX??? I wish you were doing STS w/us .. b/c I know you would prbly tell me suck it up and quite complaining .. LOL :p ... but I am complaining b/c it IS challenging me in a VERY good .. NON boring way!!!:D

Di and Jacque .. are you sore from your first dic?? {{ insert evil grin }}

Hello to all that follow .. gotta run ... have a great one .. and I will BBL to check in w/you girlies!!!:D

I know, I know...I said I was going shopping but obviously I haven't left yet. I drank a glass of water after lunch and I'm waiting to pee before I leave so that I don't have to go while I'm in the stores. TMI? Sorry! :D

Laura:
WOW, an attitude change for PIA!? Amazing! Glad something is working! Yeah, I'd encourage her too! I don't blame ya one bit! ;) I will get STS some day and perhaps by the time I (re)purchase it and am ready to start, you will be ready for round #2 so we can do it together! :cool: I am going to do another P90X rotation and I'd also like to FINALLY complete a full X+ rotation before I go for STS though. There's also NROL4W that I've never done and I never finished my Afterburn rotation either! :eek: At this rate I won't see STS for another 5 years! :p LOL

Hey Girls!

Im going to TRY to check in. DS has been good all day but only cause I have either been playing with him or else sitting on the floor with him. Everytime I sit down to the computer, he comes and takes my hand.

My workout was shorter (no cardio yet) cause DS woke up. I did 4DS chest and back 2x's and I am hoping to get a run in later. Probably tonight! Although...I called the girl who got laid off yesterday to see how she was feeling and she is home with the cold. I offered to go on call for her tonight ...another 4 hours on my paysheet:D...thats 12 extra hours so far this month. Im a little nervous about going into work tomorrow. Not cause I think I am going to be the next to go but b/c Im just wondering where my bosses head is and what kind of sheets I am going to have to work!:mad:

Wendy** Its always tough picking out the right weight when its your first time doing a workout! With so many Cathe workouts, I often forget what weight I used the last time. Pretty simple with 4DS though....just pick the heaviest weight:) Your day sounds awesome! All about the things you want to do...ahhhh....only in my dreams:rolleyes:

Laura** Lay offs are never fun, I know that I have something to fall back on though. Im just hoping DH doesn't find someone to work at the store before I get the boot at my job:eek: Hopefully it will never come to that!Sounds like your coworker was bitter about her weight;) and taking it out on everyone around her! LOL

Ugh...I have this friend...I feel awful even writing this but we have NOTHING in common anymore. Im not looking for advice, just looking to vent. I have known her for about 7 yrs and in that 7 yrs we have went seperate ways a couple of times...for no reason, just the way life is. But now we own a business together so we will always be friends. Not that that bothers me cause I wouldn't really want to end our relationship but I feel as if I have NOTHING in common with her anymore! The wheels in her head are always turning and I just don't get it. Why aren't some people just content with what they have? She is in her 3rd home, as 3 kids, a nanny,a house cleaner and I don't know what # job she is on. Last week she was telling me how she loved working at the store (with DH) and then last night she was telling me how bored she was! Now she wants to take some online courses. The thing that I don't get is that she as the perfect set up! Her DH doesn't take anything from the business b/c he as his own job, what he does take is her paycheck, which is fairly big and thats not used to pay any of their bills....just her play money:confused: Only in my DREAMS! She comes to work for an hour, sits at her desk, does a few things, goes to the gym....etc...she doesn't really work. And she isn't happy? Man, if only she had to go to work and stay at work and actually have to pay some bills with that paycheck.
Anyway...we just aren't on the same page anymore. She use to be down to earth but isn't anymore. After booking their trip to FL, she then gave her DH a hard time about booking a trip to see her brother, b/c he didn't book it for her, she didn't talk to him for a full week. Spoiled rotten.Talking to her is boring to me now...I just can't relate.

BBL!
Lori:)

Hi Girls.

Lori: I'd say doing ANY 4DS work out x 2 is more then enough of a work out for one day ESPECIALLY if you are not easing up the poundage the 2nd time around! You are a nut girl!:D As for your friend, she sounds like a spoiled, bored housewife. She NEEDS to work more and she would probably be happier! Staying home for more then maybe a year isn't all it's cracked up to be, IMO. I think it takes a certain type of person to be able to do that and not go a little bonkers! :confused: Anyway, just my 2 cents. Be cordial to her and go on with your life. That's what I say. :)

So I am back from shopping. OH.MY.GOD.!!! Where has this store been all my life!?!? I think I was in the store for almost TWO HOURS!!!! They had ENDLESS cute tops in there and most of them were on sale for dirt freakin' cheap!!! :D I bought 7 tops for less then $60! AWESOME BABY! I paid full price for only ONE item. I actually could have bought MORE but I didn't want to go overboard. LOL Vegas here I come!!!:D:D:D

Hey Ladies,

Had to be at work early today so no time to post this morning. I ate some pizza after my meltdown class (dh ordered it while we were gone) and woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach ache. I didn't sleep very well and didn't have much time for a w/o this morning. I ended up watching disk 2 (tomorrow's workout) while I did the EXT for 20 minutes.

I'm in an all day meeting and they brought in lunch but I opted for my salad w/ a can of tuna. Hope my tummy feels better soon. My abs feel nice and sore too from class yesterday.

Serious DOMs in the chest ***all those pushups*** and in the shoulders too. Not sure how the biceps managed to escape the pain.

Wendy-Wow you sure do have a lot on your to do list. Who know when you'll have time for STS. What store did find all your cute tops??? We have Gordmans which is great for inexpensive cute clothes. Not top quality, but in my price range!

Lori-that's too bad about the layoffs. The cutbacks are happening everywhere and no one is immune. How was the baby group??? It's nice to get together with other mom's and let the kiddo's play. Nice advice from Wendy regarding your friend, be cordial and move on. You are one strong girl-any 4DS w/o times 2 is awesome. Great Job.

Laura-Doms, Doms and Doms from disc 1! I previewed part of disc 2 this morning and am looking forward to it. Maybe the weightloss is part of PIA's attitude change.

I have a meeting to get back to...

bbl

Just to report .. disc 7 was harder than expected ... think it was just the arrangement of exercises .. boy oh boy the pushups .. YIKES!! My shoulder started bugging me a bit .. so I did not do the staggard pushups .. and kept all of them on my knees ... the chest flies went heavier on and the shoulder is still catching at the bottom of the movement .. I really need to go ice it .. oh well!!! I will never figure out how she makes the bands that freaking painfull .. OUCHIE!!! It was a good workout though!!!

Tonight .. 6 steps .. heavy weights .. hope I make it thru~!

I spoke too soon about PIA ... :mad: . knew I should have nocked on wood .. she once again has perfected working to get out of work .. :confused:

Lori .. IA w/Wendy .. your friend sounds like a bored housewife .. that really doesnt know what REAL work is!! YUP . . chaulk it up to bored and spoiled!!! Time to be professional/cordial but dont loose any sleep over it .. her loss!!!

Wendy . . spill where did you find all the bargains???? I need to go shopping so badly .. but cant find the time!!

Di .. my bis were not that bad after 1 too .. ?? I just figuired everything else was hurting too bad to feel the bis... wait till disc 4 .. and DOUBLE that on disc 7 .. YOWZA .. I wont be able to move tommorrow!!!

OK .. PIA managed to "have" to leave early today .. :eek: imagine that ... so I gotta COVER for her .. ggggrrrrrrrrrr :mad: .. Note to self: NEVER brag on PIA ever again!!! :confused:....:p

Di/Laura: Fashion Bug is where I found all of the bargains. Don't know if either of you have one near you but I would suggest running there (not walking!LOL) if you do! :D

Hey there chickies !

My legs are still very sore from the 1RM's on Saturday ! :mad: Have slight DOMS from STS but not bad, yet . . . ;) Did not do IMax 2 this AM and am hoping when I get home my legs are loosened up enough to do it then.

Lori - Good you got your workout in :D but sounds like the play group didn't happen. Perhaps GTG's with others will help DS become more independent? Do you have any preschool options in the vicinity? We had one that took kids in diapers for a couple hours twice a week. Just enough to give Mom's a break and have the kids begin learning socializing skills. He'll be old enough for something soon.

Bummer about layoffs at work - I didn't quite understand why the girl that was laid off was scheduled for a shift tonight? :confused: Hope things aren't too bad when you do go back.

Wendy - I like leg & shoulder combos too ! What is BC? Well didn't you just score on the clothes today? Woo Hoo ! We have one of those stores here - have been in once or twice, but just don't do much clothing shopping unless I happen to see something at Wally World, Target or Costco ! Yep, totally the fashion queen here ! LOL !

Laura - good to hear your back end is not sore (but now I'm askeered to do legs on Friday - already so sore from just a handful of exercises ! :eek:
Hope you didn't overdo it with your shoulder - maybe some ibuprofen too just in case? ;) I am amazed also at how those bands seem so much harder in STS than her regular workouts ! Crap about PIA, once again ! Can you clock her from behind so she has no idea who did it? JK ! ! ! :rolleyes: Well I'm glad we can look forward to sore bi's next week :p. Pretty much the only time I feel them is with PUB for some reason. I could hardly get the barbell up yesterday so thought I'd feel it but not much. :confused:

Diana - I didn't do anything for a workout yet ! Great job getting in 20 minutes ! Sorry to hear about the tummy ache - good job taking your salad w/tuna today. I've been so hungry ! I brought a tuna type salad for snack and my stomach was growling by 9:30. Stuck tuna, cucs, celery, shallot & carrot (all chopped up - made enough for 3 days) and put it ontop of diced romaine with some FF mayo and balsalmic/red wine vinegar dsg. Yummy. Now I'm eating my Mexican chicken soup I made this weekend. We'll see how long it lasts before I need to eat again. Have nothing else here at work except PB and crackers (which I am trying not to eat !) :p

Will BBL to post my workout - hoping it is IMax 2 - think it may help the soreness so will give it my all. Diana - you gonna hit it after work or pass since you did the EXT earlier?

Hey Girls:)

Just finished my 2nd workout for today. I did a 5 mile run and CM#1. You know...I think its the 1st time I did CM1! Can you believe that!? That workout is tough. I think those levitation holds scared me before so I never bothered doing it:eek: I could take that workout to work with me and do when no one is around:eek:

Laura** I can't go pretty heavy with chest flies but I feel like my arm is gonna fall off:rolleyes: I feel it alot better when I use a lighter weight. I guess my form isn't right when I am using the heavier weight. I having a feeling that I am going to have a new PIA coworker soon. One of the girls who works with us as been there forever BUT she is only part time...which means, right now, she is at the bottom of the barrel and will probably be the next to go (if it comes to that) She was yaking yesterday about how the new schedule is going to be fair! I hope she doesn't think that she is going to be getting equal hours! She keeps talking about all the work she as to do but she doesn't even do anything! She is the marketing girl so she makes a few phone calls here and there:confused: Puh!

Diana** HOpe your belly feels better! I know pizza is suppose to be a "bad" food but if its not loaded with processed meats, I don't think its that bad. I only eat one peice anyway, probably less cals then I would eat if I were to eat a big meal. DS didn't really play with anyone today...he was out numbered by stinky girls!:D

Wendy** Good job with the bargins! When are you going on vaca? I guess in the next few weeks I am going to have to pull out my summers stuff:D and get it all washed and ready to go. I have to see how many pairs of shorts DS has...thats the real problemo!

Jacque** Yeah I had baby group but there was only 4 of us + kids. That was enough really. There are a few preschools around here and he also goes to the sitters. I am hoping its just a phase...I can't wait until DH is the one he clings to;)

I will bb bright and early in the morning! I have to go to work!:( BTW..DS was really good today. Probably b/c I spent the whole day doing what he wanted to do. I was going to take him outside to play in the snow but byt the time we got home from the passport office it was 5:00!

Lori:)

OK - done with IMax 2 - the legs weren't really loosened up, but it wasn't too bad. I wasn't totally FULL of energy, but made it through fine with some soreness. Uh yea, I just loved the Cathe comments toward the end - can't even remember them now but I bit my tongue ! :p

Lori - good to hear you had a great day and the group did come over. 4 seems reasonable - do the girls play different types of things at his age? Ya mean he doesn't have any Barbies they could borrow ! :eek: JK ! All these vacation plans are giving me the itch to get away. DH can't get vacation pay for a while so we can't take off during the week. Maybe when the sun comes back out we'll hit the beach in Monterey or head to San Fran. Ruth's Chris would be a great meal while doing STS - yeppers, right on target to have extra protein ! ;)

Off to make dinner (New England chowder) and do the abs that I didn't do yesterday. Will try again to workout in the AM, but I have to set up for a meeting so time will be more important tomorrow than usual.

Closing us out for the evening ! Toodles !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.