** DaMaGe CoNtRoL in FeB......tUeS**

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies:D

Ha....don't be fooled by smiley face dude! Im not that happy or energetic! I swear if it was going to hurt so much I would have hauled two of my teeth clean fright out of my head last night!:mad: Two toothaches?? Whats up with that? Im hoping they will just go away for now:rolleyes: but I know they will resurface again! Come back after my FL trip and I will fix you then!:eek: I went to bed early but had to get up and take 2 pills, then 1:20 they wore off, so I had to take 2 more....then DH was tossing a turning cause he as the cold:confused: wasn't a good night! But my battle with the scale made me haul my buttocks out of bed to get a run in:eek:

I am currently doing a rotation by FF that I started the last week in Jan. I am going to pause it for a week and concentrate more on cardio and/or circuits. I have been lifting heavy for 3 monthes now so maybe I need a break. Then when my scale comes back down I will start up again..what do you think? Good idea?

Laura** I don't know why weekends have to go by so fast! My weekends off seem to zoom by but the weekends I work are slow going! Funny how that happens!:rolleyes:

Diana** I started replacing my VHS with DVD's from ebay. Had 2 come and realized that they weren't originals. Also gave feedback before I watched the entire workout....and then it started to skip!:eek: I see STS on ebay already! Not for a bargain though and they claim that they are all orignals? Why would anyone buy from ebay unless they are getting a super good deal?

Jacque** Nice workout last night! I hate toothaches! It shoots right up to my temple and I feel like my head is going to explode!

Wendy** Miss personal trainer....what do you think of my plan to ditch the weights for a little bit? Im also going to start my period in a couple of days so Im pretty sure thats not helping!

I should get my workout started! I always want to start at a certain time but when I stop by catheland I don't know when to leave!

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

Hey Peeps!:D

Im feeling better now that I got a good 5 mile run in. Ive been alternating mostly with hills lately. I've been doing alot of interval training and I read the other day that you should only do interval training when you are preparing for a race...cause your gonna hurt yourself! Hinch...the bad knee!:mad: Actually, its been pretty good lately! Anyway....I will bbl!

Mornin' Lori and all who follow!:D

No worries, Lori, I ain't that happy first thing in the morning either! ;) Yes, I think you definitely should change up your routine if you are not seeing the results you are after! If cardio/circuits is what usually helps you keep the weight off then by all means, switch gears for a couple of weeks and see if it works! Then once you are back where you want to be you can actually just do FF's heavy lifting rotation from the beginning! For me, TOO MUCH cardio sends my weight/physique into the gutter. I had to take it down several notches in order to see a positive change. Everyone is so different.

Jacque: I would not suggest this with the tweaky back (wait until it's all healed) but....your incline walk was great last night and if you donned a 10# weighted vest while doing it, it would be even greater! *insert evil laugh here* I want to try it but every time I get on the TM I gotta run. It's just something I gotta do! LOL

No DOMS to speak of from y'day's work out. Today will be: GS BS&B premix, BBC standing abs, Cathe floor work-either full routine or just inner thigh. Not sure yet. It depends on timing and energy and last but not least a 4 mile run. :eek:

K, my boy is not outta bed yet. This is odd. Must go wake his little heiney up! He has to go to school today.

BBL!:)

Wendy** Ohhh...and new scale!:) Hopefully it will be good to you! Are you getting a digital one? I've had my ww's scale for a while now, just keep replacing the batteries.
Yeah, I think I am going to switch things up a bit. Lifting heavy is nice cause I can really see a difference in my strength but as for definition...not gaining anything there. I guess I could still user moderate to heavy weights when doing full body but sometimes its tough to use heavy weights when doing endurance workouts. Have a good workout! When I called home to talk to DH, DS was in his crib (wouldn't get out) eating a banana and playing with his toys. DH is always in a hurry to get to work and DS is in no hurry to do anything! LOL I think he does it on purpose!

BBL!

Hey Lori.

I have a digital one now and loved it until it went wonky on me. I will buy another digital for sure! I may also buy new batteries and try my old one one more time to see if it will work right again before I open the new one. We'll see...You know I would just throw the darned thing out and not even worry about weight except for an occasional weigh-in at the gym but my bf tester uses my weight in it's calculation so I can't do that if I want to keep track of my BF %. :mad: I got calipers with CLX and tried them this morning. They are too much of a freakin' pain in the arse! I used to have them and tossed them. Now I know why! :rolleyes:

I can relate to your DH. One of my biggest problems is that I have a hard time slowing down to my DS' pace. I do things at a certain "speed" and expect him to do them the same way. I forget that he's not even 4 yet! His attention span isn't the same as mine! LOL

Good luck with your new rotation plan! Hope it works out the way you expect it to! :)

Good morning chiquitas !

Which reminds me - anyone heard from Jen at all? Hope all is well with her recovery and with work.

Up early (winks at Diana ;)) - was awake even earlier but not getting outta bed that early ! :rolleyes: Not feeling much strength so will work with some weights after work, maybe a short cardio.

DS will be here after work to do his taxes - cute, wants to do them himself this time. Wait til he sees how easy it is - I use Turbo Tax. :p

Lori - took me a minute or two to find "us" this AM with your playful (foul ;)) mood and the caps interspersed with the lower case ! :eek: After a few extra sips of java it popped out at me, LOL ! Hope you get to feeling a little better - when is your FL trip? Think the old teeth will hang til then? I hope so for your sake. LOL at DS hanging out in crib. I think my GS is getting to that type of a point as my DIL says he's getting to be a pain these days. With the new one on it's way in a few months, we'll see how he changes. Hopefully not too much 'cuz I have already offered to take him for a bit while she adjusts since DS will not be taking off much time from work.

Nice job on a 5 miler before work. I soooooo need to get back into AM workouts for a better day at work but am soooooo demotivated. Need the "magic pill" I guess. Keep checkin' out the web but haven't found it yet !:rolleyes:

Wendy - Yes, I thought of you and "the vest" last night, but didn't want to overdo it. I knew the hills would be a good workout - just forgot how hard a walk at a pretty good clip could be. I always think of you ladies when I work out and seem to gain strenghth (or just don't want to be a wimp !:p) and push myself harder than I would if I didn't have my little checkin ya know? :D

Have a good day and a nice run !

Hey to the rest of you. BBL after work !

Ladies ..

OK .. evil aunt has out done herself now .. and involved MORE family members in her lies .. I am at my wits end w/her .. she has nothing but time on her hands and she has spun a web of lies REALLY well .. if I were not going thru it myself I would swear it reads like a really cheesy soap opera w/an evil person w/too much time on her hands as the villan .. and me as the ONLY one w/the real truth but can not defeat the evil force! :mad: I dont know whether to throw my hands up and ignore her .. and let all parties think she is right .. or to defend my honor and name and fight which will inevitably bring more BS from her!!! :mad::mad::(:( I need a really good cry or need to punch the crap outta of something!!!!!

ahhhhhh .. today is disc 4 .. and my mood is HORRIBLE ... my sensible part of me says screw her .. she is old ..she is obvious on the edge of a mental breakdown DONT let her affect you like this .. my other part says HOW DARE HER .. but I just feel beaten down w/no energy!! I dread meeting w/SIL b/c evil aunt took it upon herself to send them a letter trying to persuade them to her side ... and they dont have anything to do w/what she is doing!!! :(

Tonight is 4 step plyo - LB & core torture .. my legs are finally NOT sore . . last night's class was tough .. it hurt everytime I leaned over to pick up the weights... not to mention the LB work was tough!!

Will BBL for peronals ..cant muster them right now ... :( ... wish me luck w/meeting SIL .. :(:(

Hey Hey Girlies!

My work out is done.

BBC Standing Abs
Push Pull Inner thigh floor work w/ball
GSBS&B Timesaver Premix
(short break)
BBC Arms and Abs non treadmill cardio

Can we say FRIED!?!? :eek: I was originally scheduled to run 4 miles today but wasn't in the mood to head to the gym so I was going to swap it out with Thursday's cardio plan and do IMAX 3 blasts instead. Well I was just about to pop IMAX3 in the dvd player when I remembered the evil cardio from BBC and decided to go for it. HOLY CR@P! It kicks my @ss every single time! :eek: I really think it's HARDER then IMAX3! For ME, anyway! :eek: I'm sure glad THAT is overwith! LOL

Gotta grab some food and a shower and head off to the food store now!

BBL with personals!:)

Hey Ladies,

My legs are still quite sore from GS legs and my triceps are killin' me from the 1RM testing. I'm surprised my biceps aren't talkin' to me. This morning was 4DS KB & BC cardio. I am heading to the rec ctr, if only to get away from my desk for a bit.

We are going to another benefit for my SIL. Her daughters attend different High Schools and they play each other tonight. It will be a fun and exciting game.

I haven't mentioned it before but I think I have really hurt my knee somehow. It started several months ago and it simply felt tight, but not painful when stepping. A couple of weeks ago it was really hurting when walking up stairs and down stairs. Stepping is really painful so I've been laying off the step a bit more than I would like. I'm not sure if I need to see a Dr. about it or not.

Next week is the start of the Spring Meltdown Challenge class at the rec ctr. You all know how much I love this class. I'm really looking forward to it.

Lori-We aren't the "happy in the mornin'" bunch are we. We all seem to get up early for our w/o's but that's about it. I think your plan for more cardio/circuits and less heavy weights is a good one. I have the same problem if I do too much heavy lifting. I need a good amount of cardio too. Sorry about the tooth pain, you should probably take care of those sooner rather than later.

Wendy-you are superwoman!! I definitely think the BBC cardio is harder than any of the Imax's. I'm a cardio junkie and those short cardio segments are super tough IMO. You must have legs of steel with all the leg w/o's you've been doing. I really need to get a weighted vest. Where did you buy yours from? I would like at least 20lbs. I couldn't believe you did the lunge/squat combo a second time with the vest. I can barely manage one time through without a vest.

Jacque-Oh, I didn't know you have a new grandbaby on the way. How exciting for you. I too use turbo tax, have for years and I love it. I'm looking forward to starting STS next week. Hopefully I will have my 1RM's completed and updated in the workout manager. This weekend I want to print out the w/o cards and be ready to go.

Laura-Sorry your aunt is causing problems for you. Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and let it go! Is it really worth all the stress it is causing you. I'm sure your family realizes she is old and not in her right mind. Of course sometimes it is necessary to stand up for yourself, but not at the plight of others. Your teaching my favorite class tonight, wish I could drop in and take it. Hope things get better for you soon.

Have a great day ladies!

STS disc 4 done .. skipped the pushups as I will have LOTS of them in class tonight!!! this disc really seemed to work the shoulders and traps!!! will be feeling it tommorrow!

Wendy .. you are a monster on the w/o!! LOL .. BBC cardio is short but a killer .. !!:)

Lori ... no morning person here for sure ... I dont do mornings well .. my energy usually pics up around 11:00 and peaks again around 4 .. I am odd bird what can I say!

Jacque ... careful on your back!! congrats on the upcoming GB!!! I know you are excited .. No way would I ever tackle our taxes on our on .. let the pros do that .. yikes!!

Di .. thanks for the cheer up .. I need it .. at least SIL made me feel better .. she was rolling laughing .. .. but reassured me they all know what a crazy person evil aunt is .. it is such BS and still over this heirloom she tricked me into sending and is refusing to send it back .. I did drop it b/c it was useless and asked her not to contact me again... now 5 months later .. she is mailing my entire family and coming up w/one outrageous conveluted story to "justify" her keeping it and at the same time trying to make ME out to be the bad guy .. gggrrrrrr .. it is maddning at how far she is going and how she wont let it go and is pulling in MY entire family .. there is a special place for people like her.. and it is HOT down there!!!

Hello to all that follow .. will be able to work off some frustrations tonight in class!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.