** Damage Control in Feb....MONDAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

Hopefully Wendy as the sleep out of her eyes so she can see this today:D

I had trouble getting to sleep last night ( I think I had to much sleep this weekend) so I tossed and turned till after 12. Then i woke around 1ish cause there was a tooth bothering me:mad: I need a root canal and then a crown so ....just kind of dealing with the pain when it happens and putting off the procedure for as long as I can! LOL:confused: So, I have a feeling that I am going to be very tired later on today, hopefully work is busy, that way, Im not sitting around and being lazy~!:confused:

Todays workout is chest and a run. Im hoping to get a 45 mins run in, which means, i need to start soon~!

Wendy** I magically gained about 2 lbs, 2 weekends ago and it won't come off (not that I have taped my mouth shut or anything:rolleyes:) We went to my inlaws for a LATE fondue meal and its been with me ever since. Add that to last weekends eats and im not getting on the scale for a couple of days! And no.....I don't really like the smell of poo...but some how I have adapted to it!:eek:

Diana** Im just kind of testing the waters right now. I do like it at DH's store but we still aren't sure if he can pay me what I need to be paid. And as much as he may need me, Im not taking a cut in pay....just not happening. So we will see what happens. Right now though I am just earning extra money for FL!.

Angie** When I worked last weekend , we had pizza for supper and when I was cleaning up the mess, I noticed McDonalds on the counter. I said, "did you have McDonalds for lunch to?" His excuse was " there is nothing here to eat"! He is suppose to be starting P90X today....he was also suppose to start last Mon but he caught the flu...poor baby!:rolleyes:

I should get my workout in gear, not sure Im up for it yet but oh well.....

have a good day everyone!
Lori:)

Hey Girls:)

Back to report my workout:) I had to come into work 30 mins early so I had to cut it shorter then I would have liked. I also didn't realize that I was suppose to do Chest and Tris today! I only have CTX on VHS though so I wasn't fastfordwarding and rewinding all morning...that was going to cut into my workout time. So I did CTX and BM chest and shoulders. I am seeing some serious strength gains in the past couple of monthes but no big muscle definition. I guess I probably need to clean up my "diet" in order to do that.:rolleyes: Im not sure if I can commit to that one!
I also did 30 mins on the TM. Was hoping for a longer cardio workout but hopefully I will be able to squeeze another 30 mins in tonight.

BBL!
Lori:)

MONDAY .. UGH

Why do the weekends pass by so fast???? I hate the sound the alarm clock makes on Monday morning .. LOL!!!

OK .. I did STS Legs Saturday ... :eek::confused::eek::confused:... My hamstrings have NEVER .. EVER .. NEVER been this sore!!! OMG ... it was the painfull "I cant sit down and when I do I cant get up" kinda sore! ANYONE who says STS is EASY has LOST thier minds .. or they just are not doing it correctly or w/the correct weight .. :confused: ... I hurt so bad I could not do anything yesterday .. I tried to take my dogs for a walk/run .. but it hurt so bad poor Buster had to PULL me to make me move!!! :confused::eek: I am still sore and dreading my lunch workout and tonight's class . . :confused: .. I am moving like a 90 year old woman!! LOL

Lori .. you get your workouts in early huh?? I need to make myself get up and do some extra cardio but I dont sleep well .. and seems my best sleep it right before the stupid alarm goes off!!

Wendy ... have you started the CLX program yet?? Too bad on the parking at the gym ... that would be aggrevating!!!

Di .. to answer your question about STS .. IMHO it is a killer!!! and those people on the forum that says it is not .. I dont know are they superhuman or something?? I was posting on the STS check in .. but those ladies act as if STS is nothing .. and I am thinking .. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? are you doing it at all??? I mean I am a fit person .. and have been lifting weights for a while .. so it is not like I am a wimp or this is my first ballgame at exercise you know?? Sometimes I think they like to hear themselves talk and make themselves seem uber fit or something??? I dunno .. all I know if you do STS .. if you use the right weight you are working the CRAP out of your body!!!! I guess as w/anything it is different for everyone . . but I dont see how you can do the workout w/the correct weight and it not be a totally awesome workout!!!!

I had my apendix out about 2 years ago .. plus had some major scar tissue that had adheased itself to my abdomen muscles scraped .. OMG .. I remember waking up thinking WTH ... I am gonna die!! I had 4 incisions but it felt like I was cut into .. I took the pain meds and was able to walk w/a pillow the next day .. but man sure wasnt expecting that much pain!! Hope your son does well ..

Ang ... glad you had a great time skiing .. and glad to hear you say the STS legs were hard .. OUCHIE X 10 for me!!:eek: I dread the slight increase in weight this week .. but me thinks my weight on my legs will be kept the same .. LOL .. will have to modify some of the shoulder exercises too :mad: .. but hhmmmm this could be a good thing ... LOL!!!

Jacque .. hate you have an injury .. we are a pittiful crew huh??? Dont overdo .. let your injury heal .. speaking from one hard head to another .. LOL!!!!!

OK .. gotta run .. SIL has not emailed me yet about lunch workout .. think she must have been hurting like me yesterday .. both of us wimped out on our workouts!!! LOL.. I may have scared her away from STS .. LOL!!! So we will either be hitting STS tris and shoulders today or tomorrow at lunch .. not sure what class I am gonna teach tonight!! Have a great one!!

Hi ladies,

I set my alarm this morning so I can get into the habit of getting up a bit earlier so I can get to work earlier. It seems I'm going to have to be working 8-5 for awhile so time to gear up for it. I used to w/o at 5:30am then over the past 3 years I've been getting up later. Once I didn't have to walk Jerod to school I guess.

I'm still pretty sore from GS Legs and KPC but wanted to get in a short cardio w/o. I did Tracey's Kickbox Challenge for the first time. It's only 40 min so I followed that up with Ab Circuits Weights & Plates segment. I need to get some paper plates. I was able to use socks instead of plates and they seemed to work okay on the puzzle mats. I'm also going to head over to the rec ctr for some additional cardio at lunch.

Lori-One of the best purchases I made was replacing all my cathe VHS tapes with DVD's. Good job getting your workout in so early! I'm working on cleaning up my diet too. It's so much easier for me to eat better at work.

Laura-I previewed disc 1 and then week one legs while I was doing my 1RM's. That leg w/o looks painful, and from the sound of it..or you it is! Even the first disc seems to flow pretty quickly and looks like it could be pretty tiring. Zach wants to go to school today but he's in college and Monday's are long days, from 11am-10pm with a couple short breaks between classes. I'm not sure he will be able to make it that long. Poor guy.

Jacque-did you see my ? to you yesterday? If not, here it is again. Are you interested in starting STS next week? I want to get all my 1RMs done this week and maybe start next week when Cathe does.

Hi Angie, Jen, Dee Dee & Shirl.

Hi Girls.

Today's work out was Squeeze LBC done as produced but I added 2# ankle weights to the final series of exercises which are normally done with no weight at all. After that I did PLB and GS Legs inner thigh floor work and finally BBC standing abs. :)

Diana: Glad you were able to find a substitute for the paper plates. I bought valslides from Target when STS was first announced but have yet to use them for anything. :eek: CLX work outs are so short that if I were you, before I stopped the rotation completely I would try adding on where you think it is lacking with some extra leg work and cardio! I know right off the kick that I am not taking 2 rest days as one of them will be my day for a run!

Laura: WOW, sounds like you have yourself some MAJOR doms there girl! Why not take some ibuprofen to ease it a bit? When it's that painful it's just not fun. I will start CLX on Sunday. This is my final week of the rotation I am doing now. I'll be sad to leave it behind but I will have done it for 4 weeks so I don't feel guilty. It's not like I will not have completed it. Plus I am uber excited to start CLX and can always come back to this rotation when CLX is complete!

Lori: Nice work out despite not having as much time as you would like. Yeah, doesn't it stink that you actually have to eat well in order to see definition? LOL I have some nice definition in my upper body but would always like more. My left side is definately more cut then my right. I want more shoulder definition!!! My legs will tone and get slimmer but I never see much definition in them no matter what I do. I have definition in my abs but it's not as good as it was since I gained weight. I am hoping it will get better as I lose it.

Ang: Sorry the eats haven't been tops for you. No worries, I wasn't perfect this weekend either. My days were good but my dinners were not. I also indulged in cabs. ;) Glad you had fun skiing. We haven't been yet this season. I wanted to go a few times but it looks like we may not even get there once now. I shouldn't even have bothered going last year...*sigh* I haven't started an official CLX rotation yet. I've just been trying out the cardio and ab routines as well as the yoga/stretch routine. I love everything so far. I will begin an official CLX rotation on Sunday. I'm psyched! :D So are you doing an STS rotation or still doing 1RM's right now?

Have a great afternoon ladies!

Well hey there ladies !

Wanted to get to work early today to leave early. Not feeling like working out in the AM's right now, but may need to get back in gear soon since I have signed up for an evening course for 6 weeks and am trying to get through Rosetta Stone's Spanish courses at night too. Since I couldn't workout yesterday I went through the whole first unit of Course 1 - woo hoo, 25% done with that one ! Pretty much just review for me but hopefully I'll start learning a few things soon.

Lori – LOL about eating too much ! Sounds like my DH ! I may not control what I put in, but am getting better at not overeating. Too bad we can’t do both, huh? I still say ya gotta live life !

I got some great sleep this weekend too but lo and behold, just like you also, my schedule is screwed up again ! :confused: Why can't we all just have our bods do what we need them to do, huh? Or is it a test? How much can we handle? Sometimes I wonder. Good to hear you have the chance to earn a few extra $ for FL even if you don't switch jobs. LOL about the guys and their food - mine won't do the leftovers when I'm not around either ! He grills when I'm here and I guess I'll take that and not whine. Sorry to hear about the toothaches - that has to be tough ! I'm a wimp for that type of pain !:eek:

Wendy – you are on with the LM blast challenge. I’m feeling pretty good today but think I may take it easy with a slower less difficult cardio today and hit the 1RM’s and perhaps LM blasts later in the week. Well you have fun with your CLX. I'm kinda playing around with STS too and guess I'll start on Mon with Diana, Cathe and probably a group of others.

Angie – Oh well about all the eats/CAB’s. Well you are in quite a bind with the tax situations, huh? Ours are very simple and with the IOU’s from the state it wasn’t such a rush, just wanted to get them outta the way. DH spent most of the day on the couch watching the qualifying for Daytona. And hockey, well . . . the Sharks have come down to earth and lost the last two. Nice game between Red Wings and Penguins though. We watched that one yesterday AM.

Diana - Yeppers - saw your post and think next Mon will work (knock on wood I don't pull something else doing 1 RM's). I'll finish them up before then and work on some other cardio until we start. Are you going to do Cathe's version of cardio or something different? I know I need more cardio for the endo part of me and since this first cycle is more endurance I may be able to swing it and lose a couple of pounds too. Whatcha thinkin' here ?

Laura - I have to pretty much agree that some must not be doing STS correctly or they just like to "brag" (if that is what you could call it). If it were me, I'd be a bit upset if it was so easy for me and try to look for ways to toughen it up. In fact, our checkin seems to have wonderful ways of toughening up just about any workout ! :eek:

OK - off to the workout room for ? ? ? Let's see what jumps out at me today ! :rolleyes:

Okie Dokie - back to post my workout. Started KPC but the pulled side of my upper back was twinging so stopped that. Didn't feel like doing a step routine so just hopped on the ol TM and tried to do some HIIT.

Walked a 4 mph/15 min pace for 45 minutes going from 0 - 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10, then back to 0 and up again. Then went downward the next set, and back up to 4 - 6 - 8, down to 4, then 2 and finished the last 2 min at 0.

Total 45 min and 3 miles walked. Was a drippin' sweat just like an IMax workout ! Wish I had put my HRM on to see how I did. TM showed about 550 cals burned with the upper levels at red.

Usually by the time I hit over 30 min the HRM and TM are getting close. Felt good anyway so whew, time for a shower and hopefully a good nights sleep.

Will try to start matching Diana and the morning workouts again! ;)

Nighty nite ladies !:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.