** Damage Control in Feb....HUMP DAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Sleeping Beauties:) Aren't I nice today?;)

I slept good last night...thankgoodness! Now I am up sipping my coffee. If DS isn't awake by the time its gone, I may get on the TM and get my workout over with. Or I may have to wait until later today.

Im going to read yesterdays thread to see what I missed and I will return!

Lori:)

Wendy** did you buy a new scale after? Or just new batteries? I don't know how people measure weightloss with those old scales!:confused: You would need to squat down to see if you lost a pound and then the needle would move! LOL

Jacque** Sounds like your daughter is going to have her handsfull!:eek: I can't imagine a newborn AND DS. He won't even let me sit for a couple of mins so Im sure feeding the baby would be right out the window! But Im sure I would manage! I would have to, right? When is the new baby due to arrive? Nothing is more exciting then new babies!!!!

Diana** The class you are going to be taking at the rec center sounds awesome. Ive never attended any sort of class around here. There is a bootcamp class that is suppose to be really tough....but I wonder if its just tough for common folk....and not people like us! LOL:rolleyes: I wanted to try the class but I work shift work so some weeks I would miss it.

Laura** I don't know what to tell you about your aunt! Thats just odd. Does the rest of your family know how evil she is? If they do, then I would just ignore it all! I can't imagine going through that. Is she around the same age as you? Sounds like she as tons for growing up to do. Maybe she is jealous of you or somethng.

Alright...I will bbl! I just checked on DS and he is still sleeping, even with all the noise DD was making when she left the house. She is so much like my sister it isn't even funny! She is soooo slow, leaves a mess around but then doesn't have time to clean up the mess b/c she was going to miss the bus. So after she leaves, I go around tidying up and turning off lights! She gets out of her bed (rooms a mess) gets in the shower (bathrooms a mess) gets ready in the rec room in front of a large mirror so she as the hairdryer and straightener left out and towels (another mess), plus she got her breakfast so everything in the kitchen is left out ( another mess) and lights left on everywhere! If I can make it through the teenage years I will be alright!!!

Damn you Lori! I was taking my time starting the thread. I should have known you'd sneak in on me in the mean time!:p

(cut and pasted)

Morning Glories!:cool:

I have some lovely DOMS in my calves from BBC cardio. OUCH! Every time I stretched in bed last night I was afraid I'd cramp up! :eek:

Today's work out will be BBC standing abs, inner thigh floor work, Squeeze LBC and Centergy class.

I am going to buy a new scale and new batteries today. I meant to do it y'day but totally forgot. I will change the batts my current scale and see if that helps. If it does I will return the new one. If it still seems wonky then I will toss it and use the new one instead. I don't know what else to think...I gained weight, changed my routine and dropped 4 pounds in a couple of weeks. Now I've supposedly gained 3 pounds back virtually overnight that I can't shake! My weight fluctuates but c'mon! Something's gotta be wrong here! All the while, ever since I reported the 4 pound loss, I've been pretty happy with what I see in the mirror and that hasn't changed with the sudden 3 pound gain and it SHOULD change if the gain is for real! ARGH!:eek:

Jacque: So what did your son think of Turbo Tax? What's your plan for your work out today? ITA regarding checking in. I love check ins cause it keeps me honest and motivated! I don't want to check in with some ridiculously easy work out either!:p

Diana: I have 2 weighted vests actually. I bought one from Amazon. I think it goes up to 30-40# and then I also have the X-vest. I have never had call for the heavier vest as of yet so I can't give a review of it but I use the X-vest alot and absolutely LOVE it. :) I had to laugh at your post to Lori about not being the "happy in the morning" bunch. Funny, you all get up early to work out but aren't "happy". I get up early and like it but can be very hard pressed to work out first thing. I really should take advantage of my early rising and start working out again. *sigh* Oh and trust me, I was crying through the lunge/squat combo with the vest on BOTH times. :eek:

Laura: So sorry about your evil Aunt. Thankfully your SIL isn't falling for her crap. Does anyone actually believe her lies??

Lori: You are so right about the old scales. I weighed myself on of them for years and it was difficult to see small losses. The digital scales are so much better for that!

Have a great day!:)

Last edited:
Sorry to have pi$$ed you off AGAIN miss Wendy!:eek::p I started a quick thread b/c thats what you usually do so I thought you would see that before you started your own! I can't keep up with you, i don't know what you are doing from one day to the next!:rolleyes::) LOL

I am done with my workout and its almost 10! DS is still up in his crib, although I think he is awake. I did a 25 mins run, then the weight seg's of HSC and before each seg I would hope on the TM for another 5 mins. So....I did 45 mins on the TM and all the weight/toning work in HSC. Good workout!

Off to start my day! DS was warm last night when I put him to bed, I hope he doesn't have the cold....I guess I will soon find out!

Morning ladies!!

I am in a better mood today .. thanks to DH.. bless his heart .. even on long hours he managed to get off and run to the jewelry store .. I got home and I was unloading all this crap on him .. he goes into the next room gets a wrapped jewelry box .. hands it to me and says "Just wanted you to know someone loves you" .. :eek::D aaaawwwwwwwww .. what a sweetie .. it was a 3 stone diamond necklace .. really dainty and ssooooo sweet .... he said he felt so bad all this BS is coming from the evil aunt and it is so uncalled for and I should not be letting her get to me ... he wanted me to know how much he loved me!! {{ sniff sniff }} awwwwwwwwww ... GOD I LOVE that man!!!!

Glad to say SIL and DB are not buying into the evil aunts lunacy .. they know better .. my mother (rcvd a letter from evil aunt bad mouthing me) .. OMG .. DM blew a gasket and the evil aunt is gonna get something she never bargained for .. 50 years of pent up hostility and DM biting her tongue is going to be released upon the evil aunt. This aunt is my fathers sister .. gosh she is prbly 70 years old .. and needs to be locked up .. but she has drug so many innocents into her lunacy trying to excuse her deception and theft and is just arrogant enough she thinks what she says is the truth (even though is is insane blabbering) .. so MY immediate family knows the truth .. going to let DM have her say and I am going to ignore it for now!! If evil aunt thinks DM is bad .. wait till she gets DH phone call!!!:confused:

Lori .. LOL about beating Wendy to the punch again... :p ... good workout .. wish I could get mine b-4 work .. but no way ... hope the little one is not getting sick on ya!!!!

Wendy ... you gotta be quick to beat Lori .. LOL :p I getta kick out of seeing who started the posts first ... Good luck on the dreaded scale purchase .. I have a reg scale and a digital one that measures body fat .. I like the % on it (it always says I am REAL low .. like around 17%) .. but it can not be right .. :confused: .. my handheld says I am 21% ... and that is prbly more like it!

Hello to Jacque, Di and Angie!! Ang where are you girlie???

Today is a much deserved rest day. I have DOMS in the chest, shoulders and traps from STS .. I have DOMS in my hammies, back and core from my class .. I was gonna do some light cardio .. but have got to hit wally world .. have some valentine items to get b-4 they get picked over .. my aunt (AL ..NICE aunt who is more like a sister to me) b-day is Valentine's day .. so gotta find something awesome for her!!

Have a great day .. and great sweaty workouts .. w/o for me please!!:D

UGH - PAGE 2 again ! ;-)

Sorry - slacking on my end - I found us on pg. 2 :eek:

:p

Lori - LOL at you and Wendy! ;) Too funny girls ! OK - you reminded me of a good way to workout by doing TM alternating with other workouts. Have never done it that way, but remember you posting that way in the past and Wendy does it too. I don't seem to be very creative cuz while I'm heading to the workout room I am always thinking of other things to do. :( Need to concentrate on working out a bit more. Thanks for the idea ! :D Hope DS is OK. I have to say that DIL will be busy, but GS # 1 is pretty easy - like his dad was. Now to let you know, I had three in just under 4 years. They first two were boys and they were the easy ones ! :eek: She'll just have to suck it up or send the to Grandmas ! :rolleyes:

Wendy - Ohhh, hate the cramps ! My feet do it in the arch, top & bottom all the time. Can't even let DH rub his feet over mine or they feel like they are going tighten. Then I have to jump outta bed and stand ontop of the bad one with the good one ! Does that make a good picture? :confused:

DS finished his taxes - kids don't have much to put in there anyway but it was a good exercise for him. He was a bit disappointed he isn't getting back as much this year, but I explained that he had it to use rather than having the IRS hold it for over a year. Course the state is sending the IOU's anway.

And I think you may have talked me into putting new batteries in my scale too ! I have added 3 lbs and it isn't going away. And the only thing bad I've been doing is adding a handful of chips here and there - even drinking less CABs ! Hmmmmm . . . I know it is my lack of exercising and not being consistent with my eating. I need a wagon to hop on ! :rolleyes: Maybe that would be a better purchase, LOL !

Laura - so happy to hear that you worried for nothing, meaning no one believes "dear old psycho aunt". (your term not mine ! :rolleyes:) And how super sweet of your DH - yes ma'am you picked a good one !

Sounds like you are too sore to workout anyway - the rest will do you good. Remember tomorrow will be here sooner than you think. Enjoy the evening !

Diana - So where are you with the 1 RM's? I was gonna do some last night but DS stuck around for a while and the hockey game was on. Sharks came off a 3 game losing streak to beat the Bruins (#1 in the league at this point in time). It was a great game. So that took care of my workout, :rolleyes:. I then proceeded to do a Spanish lesson instead so wasn't unproductive.

So GS#2 is due mid-May. I have my fingers crossed he is born on the 15th, DH's Bday. DH is not a blood Grandpa, but GS#1 adores him. Would be kinda neat. Now if I can get them to move a bit closer . . . :rolleyes: I know you are far from your little girls so I am not complaining, but they grow so fast and are soooo darn cute when you only have them part time ! :p

Hey to the rest of you ! TTFN

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.