** Damage Contril in Feb.....Tues **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

How is everyone? Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I was home all day and its harder to check in when I am home cause DS won't let me....such a control freak at such a young age!:rolleyes::eek:

I didn't do my workout until late last night. DS didn't have a nap all day so I had to wait until 8:30 to workout. I did 5 miles, PS & PUB chest work, and most of B&G's. I realized that I didn't work legs last week, DH was gone to hockey and i wasn't tired so I said, WTH...do it now.

Laura** DH owns a sporting goods store...should be right up my ally:D Im just not sure if I can work with the general public. People can be real idiots but I guess you really only have to see them for a few mins.

Wendy** So your gonna hold off on starting CLX? Thats why Im not in a huge rush to get STS, cause I really like the rotation I am doing now. And like yourself, I don't follow rotations very often. This is my 3rd one by FF.

Diana** So what did you think of STS? I don't think mine are even shipped yet. I have had no emails regarding the workouts. Either they aren't shipped b/c they are still shipping out preorders (is that even possible?) or maybe Im not getting an email. Who knows...they may just magically appear on my door step this week.

So today is my first day at DH's store and b/c I would rather be home with DS, I am going to work and pretending that I need this job! LOL That way I won't mind being there and thinking about being home instead! haha! When I get off I will probably take the baby and the dogs outside for alittle while. I will check in tonight and let you all know how my day went!

BBL!
Lori:)

Last edited:
Good Morning Damage Controllers! :D

Lorie: Crap girl, if you STARTED your work out at 8:30 and did ALL THAT, you must've been workin' out til about 10:30! YIKES! :eek: I will keep my fingers crossed that today is a good day for you! Very sweet that you'd rather be home playin' with your little boy then goin' to work. :)

Diana: YAY for STS! Are you strong enough to finish CLX before moving on? :p I can't wait to start CLX and was tempted to start this week when Cathy brought up a great point but I am holding steady as I want to finish my current rotation first. :D

No soreness from yesterday's work out. I am dumbfounded! :eek:

Today will be a 3-4 mile run and Squeeze or B&G Leg Blast.

My back hurts from sleeping wrong last night. UGH. I also had a horrid night's sleep. I had nightmares all night. :( Thankfully today is my day off so I can nap...well...whenever! LOL

Alrighty, off I go but I'll be back!

Done with my workout. 30 mins on the TM, 4DSKB and ME ab work.

Wendy** Yep, your right. I was working out until 10:30...would have been longer if I did everything from B&G's. The way things are going with DS, I think I am going to have to squeeze in everything I can...when I can:eek:
As for staying home...I get the guilts when I don't but when I do...lets just say there are days I would rather be working. And i am willing to bet that he would rather spend a couple of hours at the sitters today with other kids, then looking at me all day:confused::) Have a good workout! I don't think I moved last night! I woke up in the same spot that I went to sleep in, must have been the workout:rolleyes:

BBL!
Lori:)

Hey Girls.

So I got dressed to hit the gym right after dropping DS off from school and then discovered that my Ipod was dead. :mad: I am charging it now but lost my motivation to head out to the gym so I did CLX Burn it Off instead (It was AWESOME!). It was on the rotation for this week anyway and I can easily run later in the week. I'll finish the rest of my work out in a little bit. :)

Lori: Don't feel bad about not being home with DS all of the time. Having that time apart is healthy for both of you and he needs to be socialized with out you there or you could stand to have some major separation issues later on! Trust me, I see it all the time at the gym. :rolleyes: I commend you for working out until 10:30 at night. When I worked f/t I worked out after dinner all week long but it never went past 9 pm. I just couldn't...LOL

I guess I should do some laundry and pick up this house a bit now...

I'll be back though!:)

Morning Ladies

I viewed some of the STS .. OMG .. cant wait to start!!! I did some of the upper body moves in disc 1 in class last night to kinda gauge my weights to use since I have not done the 1 RM yet. Now I know the importance of the RMs .. lol!! I am DOMING in my shoulders, pecs and bit into the bis. :) I did some of the moves in w/my 4 step class .. my class was moaning ... did attempt the pushups and yes I was good for 2 set on my knees no problem ... but by the third set the shoulder started catching a bit .. then the staggard pushups one side is fine .. but the other when the hurt arm is out at the angle .. OUCHIE >> that is a NO GO!!!:( I finished class w/abs on the ball and thought I was gonna be sore there b/c they were shaking but so far nope!!!

Lori: ooohhhhhhh a sporting goods store .. :eek: ... OH YEAH .. that sounds like fun .. and I would not think you would get a lot of fussy customers there!! (try my job .. HA .. just had one that said she was recording me and acting as if she is going to sue me .. FOR HER NOT PAYING HER BILL .. ahhh .. sorry I digress) I hope your first day is a good one!!! :D dont worry .. the little one will be fine ..

Wendy ..if you have no soreness from yesterday's w/o .. B&G will fix that right up .. LOL!!!! I had nightmares all night too .. TERRIBLE .. I even had one that something was biting my toes and it woke me up and I thought some varmant was in the bed w/me .. :eek: .. then I had HORRIBLE "cheating" nightmares about DH .. (guess his long hours are working on my subconscience) ...I woke up TICKED OFF :mad: .. he called this morning to check on me and I told him about them .. he laughed and said COME ON NOW .. dont blame me for your warped mind!! LOL poor guy catches it when I have cheating dreams about him!!! :eek: :confused:

DI .. think I am starting STS this week .. I cant wait ... the first disc is very similar to what I teach in class .. today SIL and I are going to do a short walk/run then do STS Pilate ABS .. tommorrow we are doing the STS tris and back at lunch .. we will conquer the legs SAT ... I will let 'cha know after lunch how I like the abs!!

so my tentative plan:
20 min walk/run and STS pilate abs (lunch
class: step circuit class w/LB focus
WED: STS back and bis
THURS: walk/run and STS yoga abs (lunch)
class: plyo/core class
FRI: rest (or light cardio)
SAT: STS legs
SUN: cardio/yoga/STS abs
Please note: schedule liable to change .. LOL!!!

I walked right out of the door today and left my carefully prepared lunch on the freaking kitchen counter :mad: dang it ... now I have to scramble to find something else to eat!!!!

OK .. Hello to all that follow .. have a great day and great sweaty workouts!!!;)

I'm back.:)

I ended up adding on to my original work out by doing GS Legs floor work BEFORE Squeeze. YEOWCH! Hello! I felt that!!! :eek::D

Laura: I've had dreams about DH that pissed me off and then I'd wake up mad at him until I realized it was just a dream. LOL It's funny how long it can take you to realize the dream wasn't real! See? We knew you'd come up with a game plan for STS! You go with your bad self girl! ;)

Gotta grab a shower...BBL!

Okay girls...I found this page on the 2nd page and it's only 3:45 in the afternoon! Someone's a-slackin'! :p

Hey ..

I did 20 min elliptical and the STS Pilate abs (20 min) .. very good workout .. there was some moves that were really different and have a feeling it will be a sneak up on ya kinda soreness .. I really enjoyed it!!

Getting ready to head out the door ... in about 30 min .. circuit w/LB emphasis ... LB needs it b/c UB is FRIED ... :confused:

OK .. better run .. it is WILD in here!

Hi ladies,

I couldn't wait to try out STS so I did disc 6 (I think), legs. I got up extra early but spent too much time sipping my coffee and visiting with DH before heading down to w/o. I basically flipped through the discs looking for a short one and did that. I really see the importance of the 1RM testing and printing the w/o card. Since I don't plan on starting the official STS rotation until March, I have some time to get those done.

Lori-Hope your first day is great. I know it's hard to leave the kiddos, but it is good for you and your son. Wow, you were up late w/o last night. Good job, I love FF's rotations too.

Wendy-So you liked Burn it Off!!! I like it because it is short. Also, a couple of drills that you wouldn't think raise your hr really do. Glad to hear that you liked it. I am missing doing leg workouts. The legs are hit in CLX, but it is not at all like doing a solid leg workout.

Laura-so your starting sts already. I really encourage you to do the 1RM's. I'm sure if you've previewed some of them you can see the importance of them. I knew you would be able to come up with a rotation the works for you.

Where's everyone at today??? Angie, Jacque, Jen, Shirl, Dee-pop in when you can and let us know what you are up to.

NEED TO CATCH UP HERE !

Running through on my way to do Disc #1 of STS.

BBL to see what has been happening as I have been SO MIA lately ! :(

TTYL

Ms. Wendy ? ? ? I'm B a c k . . . ;-)

Well, finished (well most of it) Disc #1, C, Bi's and Sh. Too many push ups for my bad back and crackling shoulders, but the remainder was STUNNING !

I am a little anxious (yeppers - another one of you that is totally C R A Z Y) to get up in the AM to see how the DOMS are. It may take until later tomorrow, say the afternoon, but I am having a hard time keeping my arms at keyboard heighth right now. :eek:

I was going to take the week slowly and get in some more cardio - like Diana - it is what keeps my "extra" away and I really need that. BUT . . .
just could NOT wait ! :rolleyes:

Well I have had another group of bad days and don't want to whine, BUT WTH why can't I just get back to normal? My sleep patterns are better, but now the allergies are kicking in again - D4m1/1 them ! :mad: Headaches for a couple days again so no workouts Fri - Sun. Yesterday I did a large handful of leg 1RM's and various bis, chest and shoulder to try to get more done.

It did help with the STS workout, but then again, by the time you get to the end of the disc you are half dead and cannot keep up with your 1 RM's anyway. I ended up dropping a couple of pounds about the last 25% of the exercises.

Can you say grueling ! :eek:

Lori - HA HA HA - ROFLMAO that you ordered STS. I was going to tell you to PM one of the posters who said it was taking too long to figure out and wanted to send it back. SNM said she couldn't so thought you could get her to sell you hers, but no need now ! :p Hope your day went well at the store.

Wendy - well lady you have been working out hard - CONGRATS on the # and in. losses ! What rotation are you following?

Didn't see you mentioning eats or CABS - with the loss are you loosening up a bit or sticking to the eating plan you had been on? (Just wondering cuz I am sooo weak and try different things.) Trying to cut the simple carbs as much as possible and it dropped a couple lbs for me the past few days, until I had chicken noodle soup packets to try to relieve the allergy sinus stuffiness. Too much sodium - but drank lots of H20 the next day and it went away. Whew ! ;)

Do you really think it was the running that kept the extra around?

Diana - figured out our taxes based upon what I had last weekend but now have more to add. Here in CA we will most likely be getting IOU's for any state refunds. :mad: Doggone legislators just cannot get their jobs done ! Interesting how they are trying to make up for the 8.8 billion deficit.

Hope the meetings go well - take your own food or think of us here on the board with a face like this: :mad: Don't eat those cookies ! LOL ! So you're waiting until March to start a rotation? I'm not sure if I will do a week or two and then begin again as I haven't done all the 1 RM's yet anyway. Posted a ? to Cathe to see if she has any ideas on subs for push ups cuz I just have such a hard time these days.

We'll figure out something to keep us all together on the STS. Guess Angie will be starting sometime soon also?

Laura - LOL that you couldn't wait either ! Did you get to preview some of them at work? Maybe the two of us will come up with a push up substitution? Let me know . . .

Woo hoo deer season is over - sorry to hear DH has such a horrible schedule. Guess you won't have many "extracurricular workouts" in the near future, huh? ;) More cardio honey ! :p

OK - time to go make the salad to pair up with the grilled tri tip ! YUMMY !:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.