**(((----> clean-eating TGIFriday <----)))**

CollinsMom

Cathlete
WOOT WOOT!! It's *almost* the weekend!!! (I'm excited, can you tell?:D)

What's on tap for your Friday? Your weekend? Make it a good one (and a clean one)!

I think work will be a breeze for me today... A bunch of meetings, but who cares, it's Friday!! In between clients I am going to try to get a handle on my filing!

Grey's Anatomy / Private Practice crossover last night was on until 11 pm, so I decided to take my rest day today. I slept until 6 am -- heavenly!

As for my weekend... I told Collin that we would go pick out his Valentine's and whatever little gift he wants to give to his preschool class, so probably Target tomorrow. The weather is going to be nice, so hopefully we can do some playing outside.

Kate, I saw that Cathe announced that she is starting STS on Feb 16th, so Chris and I discussed it and we are going to wait to start on that day. There are a lot of reasons that it makes more sense to start then. How about you??

Okey doke, off to shower! Happy Friday!

I'm up :D

I'm going to do STS b&T...this one I have to use weird weights like 17, 16.5 :confused: I'm glad I have my pace weights. I wish I had more.

Valentines day is around the cornor. Oh boy.

I've been doing better with my protein intake. On wed I was 31g short but y-day I was only 18g short. I guess I may have to snack on BP.

Colleen, Katie & Kate how are you doing with 1RM testing?

Hey Morris and Klaudia what's new

good morning

katie, was grey's good? i have it on dvr for my long run this weekend, though, i may be able to go outside!! glad you slept in. whenever i decide to sleep in, the kids get up at 5. i must get valetines this weekend too.

hi robin. pace weights are such a good idea. when i did pub bis this week, 10,12,15 is too easy, but 16 reps with the 20's followed by mm bis is too much.

dh got in very late last night. we stayed in bed a little bit this am;) but i still had time for the elliptical. still not sure what weight work to do later. i dvred push pull and supersets but have never done them. may try today! are they all upper body or lower too? i am officially not stepping on the scale for a few days. i am going to focus on trimming each meal portion. i have not had anything sweet or processed in so long, but i still feel like i am eating too much. we will see how it goes. i do feel good with all the clean food, though. and eggplant is on sale this week! any recipe ideas? bbl

Good morning!

Quiet day here today, although I do need to get some food in the house. I'm planning on a lower body workout. I would love to try Plyo Legs, but I did CTX KB yesterday and I'm wondering if that would be overkill? What do you guys think?

Katie, you're not excited for the weekend or anything, are you?;) We don't have much planned except an ice skating birthday party for our neighbor tomorrow night. Maybe a trip to Costco-thrilling, no?

Robin, I want pace mates, too. How much protein are you going for?

Morris, I can never manage to go higher on the PUB biceps-I'm always wiped out by then. I've been stuck at 10, 12, and 15 forever. I'm jealous! Push/Pull and SS are both total body. I don't have SS, but I use PP all the time-you know how I like my short workouts;)

Kate, did you workout last night?

Hi Angie and Colleen!

b-cheerios, 1/2 pear

bbl...

hello!!!!

katie, i need to do v'day shopping too.
i might wait for the 16th.....but its getting hard to wait!!!:D
nice ti sleep in!

robin, dds hid 1/2 my paceweights!:mad: theyre in various place magneted around the wo room!:eek:
wtg on the protein!!!

morris, ive never had eggplant!:eek: but its pretty! more ratatouille?

klaudia, no, no wo!:( hopefully tonight. i feel decent but i cant shke this snotty nose & sore throat:mad:.
plyo legs left me crying for days.......:D:D:D
have fun ice skating!! i used to be pretty good bt i havent been since pre-gina

----------------
b - smart start w/ skim milk, 4 apple slices
s - apple, 1/4 c. almonds
l - chili ....mmmmmm...
s - ???
d - maybe chicken cacciatore??

Angie where are ya?

Kate Mufasa is not stupid he is just challenged.:D Try some raw honey for your throat. Feel better and you better find those pace weights or buy more before you start STS.

Morris you still had energy for the ellip ;)

Klaudia wait until tomorrow to do plyos IMO

STS Back and tri was fun. she did a lot of supersets using the stretch band. I don't have a pull up bar so I wrap my tubing around the door knob and did back work that way. I need a heavy tubing b/c the Firm tubing is not thick enough. ShopShopShop.

meal1 Kashi bar
meal2 Egg whites 2 cann bacon
meal3 ground beef and veggies
meal4 speg. and turkey meat balls
treat mini choc bar :) yes only one b/c I buy only one

I'm trying to eat about 102 grams of protein
Do any of you see how I can add more protein?

Robin, do you like tuna or cottage cheese? They both have a lot of protein-tuna has 18 grams and 90 calories/pouch. Cottage cheese has 14 grams and 80 calories per 1/2 cup. Greek yogurt has 13 grams per 6 oz. I would replace the Kashi bar with the egg whites and add in the cottage cheese or tuna fish or Greek yogurt. Try for 5-6 smaller meals. I should listen to my own advice;)

Hi Everyone!

I had an early meeting and I just got a minute for air. I am really tired today - it was a struggle just to get out of bed this morning. I am glad it is the weekend, but I have a lot to do. I need to get my old car detailed since they had a problem removing the dent that was in the car. It was really cold when they did it and they cracked the paint. I guess I can't complain because it was free. I am leaving that problem in Chris' hands since his ladder caused the dent in the first place.

Kate, Chris did STS with me yesterday. He made it halfway through which was better than Monday.
Robin, I don't know how you can eat all that protein. Is your Kashi bar high protein? I don't remember how much protein they have but I thought it was low.
Klaudia, I am a go for it type of person so I vote for Plyos today.
Katie, glad you have the patience to wait for STS. I knew if we waited Chris wouldn't do it with me so I started.
Morris, both workouts are total body. I don't really eat eggplant unless it is prepared with a lot of cheese or oil. I wonder how it would taste roated.

w/o was DM Scrambled Cardio
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: banana & almonds

Robin, Challenged! Mike's name for him is Goof-Off.:p
You are ROCKIN the eats & wo's! You must be so proud of yourself!
Re protein: Im making a chili recipe right now that has 29g of protein! Want the recipe?

Hi Klaudia!

Colleen, GR to car troubles!
1/2 way is better than not at all!:)

Hey gals. Sorry such a late check in - have been out of the house all day with the ILs. Had a good day but unfortunately didn't get a WO in... oh well. I'll check in again tomorrow... almost dinner time...

Choking down another salad over here -- I can handle them for awhile, and then I get enough!

B'fast was cereal, banana and 1/2 clif bar for snack, salad and 1/2 sandwich for lunch, afternoon snack will be applesauce (the no-crap-added kind) and almonds. For dinner I think I will pick up a rotisserie chicken and then steam some broccoli and ??? some sort of starchy veg.

Day is going good but I am tired. Hopefully i'll catch my second wind at 4:30;):D

My brain is tired. I'll try to do better with personals on another day...

Katie, Thats funny about the salad. I cant make it thru the day without one! But your broccoli - blech!:D I will only eat it in a heavily-seasoned stir fry!
What applesauce do you get? The kids & DH like Motts - no wonder - its got HFCS in it!:rolleyes:

My eats are clean but I am struggling with what to have for PM snack?????:confused:

Katie you sound so tired. I hope you get some rest tonight.

Kate yes chili is a great idea. Maybe I'll make it tomorrow.

Colleen let him fix the car. The Kashi trail mix has 6g of protein.

Klaudia thanks I love tuna and salmon. That is a good idea. I can not find Greek yogurt in this part of NC. I may spread out and make smaller meals, more than 4.

Tomorrow is suppose to be 60 degrees :eek: strange weather down here.

Robin, I was thinking-beans, too and low carb wraps. I had two tortillas today-one with fat free bean dip and cheese, and one with just cheese. The wraps had 7 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein and only 50 calories. Two tablespoons of the bean dip had 2 grams each of protein and fiber for 25 calories. Add in 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheese=19 grams of protein, 16 grams of fiber. Not bad!! Quinoa has a lot of protein, too- 6 grams per serving. Ok, I'll stop now!

lol katie! have a great evening!:D

pm snack was a kashi waffle w/ pb and a banana.
dinner was spag.

ellip tonight but mike is trying to talk me out of it.
he also wants me to make ice cream:eek:

Good save Katie! Waiting for my dad to bring dinner over. He's so excited for this leek and rice casserole he made, I didn't have the heart to tell him no. Still haven't worked out. It's looking like another short workout, maybe ME lower minus the abs?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.