** Buff Badgers 5-3-10 thru 5-7-10 **

shakeubooty

Cathlete
Can't believe I'm starting the thread for the week. Everyone must be busy, busy. Had a good weekend. Pulled weeds on Saturday and got lots done around the house. DD had to talk after mass yesterday about her Mission Trip this summer. She did very well. I wouldn't want to get up in front of a church full of people and speak. :eek: Started the Jillian Slim Down Some More rotation so I did:

Saturday - Shred 3 and 1
Sunday - Shred 2

Today is NMTZ. Hopefully I'll do that after dinner. If I don't have enough time I'll go for a walk/jog outside and do NMTZ tomorrow. First time doing Shred 3. It was tough even though I've seen the exercises on other dvds. It's the way the workout moves so quickly that makes it tough.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed the sunshine (on Saturday anyway).

Hi! today was PUB and I should have mowed the lawn, but did not! I mowed not even a week ago and it really needs it...it will wait!

This weekend I did a lot of walking!

Susan, sounds like good workouts. I can´t do that after dinner...I just want to crash! Although Mondays are our ballroom dance classes!

Hi,

Yesterday I ran 3 miles with DH. He is faster than I am already. Hurt my calf trying to run in a new style, probably not a good time to try out new running styles. Will try to get in upper body today.

Sue, neat that DD is able to speak in front of people. I know I would not have done it at her age, or at mine now for that matter. Hope you enjoy your Jillian rotation. Did Laurie send you enough energy for you to share some with me?

Lala, I really like PUB, I'll probably do that one at lunch. How do you like your ballroom dancing. I just talked to someone up here who is taking them.

have a great day.

Karen - Sorry but the energy from Laurie ran out this morning. :) I got up this morning to workout but was tired and my knee is starting to twinge a bit so I watched a show I recorded last night instead and enjoyed morning coffee. :D

Lala - You know it's funny but I always workout right after I eat and never have a problem. I don't eat a huge meal though. DH has suggested taking ballroom dance lessons together for years but the thought of him acting all suave and sophisticated makes me crack up! I'd be laughing the whole time and not learning much about dancing.

Supposed to be doing Shred 1 & 3 today but unless my knee feels better I'm going to go walking instead tonight.

Have a great day!

Morning BB's,

Took a sick day yesterday, because these allergies where just making my head hurt. :rolleyes: Feeling way better this morning, probably because alot of the trees have less flowers on them. LOL :eek: Friday night, just before the storm hit was the worst sinus pressure I have ever had. Right after the storm I was able to breath again. :confused: Anyway I did manage to get a run done on Saturday morning, and it wasn't to bad. Nothing on Sunday or yesterday. :( But this morning I got in 40/20 and Ab Ripper X. Really thought 40/20 went by fast, and really had a great time with it. :D Another two thumbs up on this Hiit!

Sue, Sorry to hear the energy vibe didn't work. :( Hope your knee starts feeling better, I know how that can screw with the workouts. Your DD did a great job on getting up there to talk. I know at that age, I hated doing that. Now it wouldn't be a problem for me.

Lala, Funny how that rain just makes that lawn grow and grow. DH just mowed on Sunday, and it looks like he needs to do so again. Oh your ballroom dance class sounds like fun.

Karen, Hope your calf doesn't bother you to much, what style of running where you attempting?

Have a great day!

Hi BBs! Got in a short run today...so glad that my back held up and is still fine...mowed the lawn and THAT´S what is hard on my back ;) Actually mostly my hip...either the piriformis or ITB. :(

Sue, I do my share of laughing! but the dancing is really fun...funny thing, though, practice is a good thing and something we don´t do enough of!

Karen, hope the calf gets better. What kind of new tunning style were you trying?

Laurie, Those allergies can be horrid! I tend to get sinus headaches and there are those days that I just stay in bed with an icepack! but you made a great comeback! I do love 40/20, but still can´t do it without modifying!

Morning BB's,

This morning I had a headache, so instead of doing an Insanity workout I opted for LowMax. It was perfect, and now I don't have a headache anymore. :D Last night I did manage to get in W1D1 of Meso 2 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.

Tonight we are going to see our oldest in a play for her Advanced Acting class, and DD13 is working at a track meet. She is not running in this one, because it is a relay meet. At least she will be at the HS, so we can just get her from the track. ;)

Lala, Glad the run went well for you, and I'm thinking that someone else needs to take over mowing the lawn to give your back relief. :eek: ;) The one nice thing about allergies is that they go away so quickly. I just have to endure a couple of weeks of morning headaches, and then I'm ok after that. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Hi Today I am planning on doing Tonique when I get home from work. My calf is still sore and I still have a sinus infection. Any ideas on how to get better before my race on Sat.?

Laurie, glad you headache is gone.

Lala, way to go on the run with no pain. It is called evolution running, combo of Chi and physcis. Takes some of the Chi principles with how your body works. Shouldn't have caused this much pain.

Sue, glad you enjoyed your morning of coffee and tv. Is you knee feeling better today?

Have a great day.

Hi gang! Sorry I was MIA. My weekend was busy and my back was sore so I just walked Ruby both days. Monday my back was still sore and Tuesday I did not get home until almost 7pm and then had to help DD with her homework. :( I am not a happy camper!

Today my back is still a bit sore. I think it's the way I sleep or our mattress. Some days it's good then next day it's worse. I plan on getting on the elliptical though for today. I have not felt the desire to get back in P90X and it's driving my nuts! :mad: I may have to just incorporate it with a different rotation...

Take care ladies and I hope to check back tomorrow!

Karen - Yes, the knee is better today. I think I've been doing too much high impact. It's funny though because I was doing HIIT a couple of months ago and all the high impact moves didn't bother me then. :confused: Sorry to hear your calf is still sore and about your sinus infection. You're taking meds for the sinuses I assume? Have you tried a neti pot? I never have but I've heard it's supposed to help with sinus infections. Other than that I'd say get plenty of rest. Sorry - not much help. I'll pray you're better by Saturday.

Laurie - DD has been having terrible headaches lately so we took her to the doctor who suspected allergies. She's taking antihistimine but says it isn't helping a lot. I like 40/20 because it isn't as high impact as 30/30 but man, those 20 second rests sure go by fast! I have to add in extra breathers AND modify! Gives me something to work toward. I'll bet your acting at Ren Faire helps make you good at public speaking. ;)

Susan - Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get to do the elliptical today. P90X can wait.

Lala - Sorry to hear about your hip. I agree you need someone else to mow while you rest your back.

Reading this post over. We're all a bunch of hurting units this week, aren't we? :(

Didn't walk last night so I went outside this morning for a 3 mile walk/jog and then did Boot Camp Lower Body segments. It felt great. I want to start jogging more now that it's warmer at 5 a.m. and no snow/ice to worry about. :D

Morning BB's,

Woke up this morning feeling just wonderful. :D My workout was Barry's Bootcamp treadmill workout with Rich, and Ab Circuits Med Ball Abs. This tm workout was harder than the one with Joey. I just couldn't make the full 2 min. at 10.0 though. :( Only had 20 sec left in the sprint, but my body had had enough by that time. :eek::rolleyes: Maybe the next time I try this one I will be doing the full 2 minutes.

DD17's one act play was very cute, and all the kids did a great job. The play was called Almost, Maine. Each portion of the play was different couples experiencing different types of love. DD's was a couple that meets after a bad breakup.

Karen, I like the neti-pot idea that Sue gave you. Are you taking some meds for the infection. They should kick in to help with that infection. Hope that calf muscle of yours starts giving you relief, you still have a couple of day to get better. ;) I have heard of the Chi running, just never investigated the concept.

Susan, So sorry to hear that you are still having back problems. We had to purchase a new matress a couple of years ago, and that really helped me with my back problems, and both DH and I started sleeping better too. P90X will be there when you are ready to get back to it. ;)

Sue, I have been taking the antihistimine with Tylenol or Advil, at least the pain med helps with the headache. The worst part is the pressure and the swelling of the sinuses. It does help to take the pain med before bed, might help with not waking up with a headache. Sorry your DD is having to go through this too. :( This morning wasn't so warm out at 5am. LOL :D Nice enough to run though. ;)

Have a great day!

Today was another run and my back is fine...and more mowing, but you are all right, the mowing is hard on the back!

Susan, hope your back gets better. I spent a week of rest, then a week of lower weights and walking...along with aleve, ice, stretching, and foam rolling.:eek:

Sue, yes, we are a hurting bunch this week ;)

Laurie, glad to see you´re feeling better!

Karen, how´s the calf? How far is your race Saturday? Are you taking antibiotics? Sometimes a sinus infection gets bad enough to warrant a visit to the doc.

Have a great weekend everyone...and Happy Mother´s Day
My MIL has her bday Fri, Sat all the kids will be home to celebrate Moms day and DS bday, so it will be filled with fun and food!!!

HI there!

Sue, I had to chuckle at the end of your post when you commented on how we are all a bit worse for wear! Must be that time of year!

Today was an extremely busy day. DD and I were in to the child psychiatrist for 2.5 hours! Our DD was recently diagnosed as Bipolar as well as ADHD so life has been a bit stressful. We've been having problems the entire school year and someone finally is helping. My DH's mother was bipolar and they say it is hereditary. DD has been intolerable most of the time but at least we now know there is hope and she will get better.

After that it was time to help DS with homework and off to baseball practice! So, in short, no workout except for walking Ruby. I tell ya, on some of my more stressful DD days, those workouts are a godsend! Oh! Today DD13 was asked to go steady by someone she likes, so she is very happy at the moment!:eek: Why must they grow up so fast???

Hoping to do Core Syn. tomorrow. Don't think I have anything goin' on....YET!;)

Talk to you soon! Susan

Hi

Yesterday I didn't do anything except try to learn to kayak. I got rid of my sinus infection myself and my calf is still sore. I feel like I am getting sick all over again. It is suppose to be 40 and rainy for the tri tomorrow.

Susan, glad DD is getting some help. I'll bet it was a stressful year. Kids really do grow up fast. Glad DD is happy for the moment. How is DS baseball team doing?

Lala, glad your back is feeling better. Have a great time this weekend with family and food. The run in 3.1, the bike is 17 and the kayak is 8 miles.

Laurie, I wish my treadmill went higher than 8.0 and faced the tv. No room and it is a manual incline. I would love to do those workouts. Someday. Sounds like the play was cute. I tried the netti pot, just made it worse. I used to really like it but it doesn't seem to work well for me anymore.

Sue, funny how Hiit catches up with us. Have you gotten anymore jogs in?

Have a good day. Hope I can do this race with not much sleep and not feeling very well. Just don't want to let DH down since we are doing it together.

Morning BB's,

Today was Aerobox with Kathy Smith and Michael Olajide. I need to get a better jumprope, or maybe some of those hand held things. My rope just got all tangled, so I had to ditch the thing. Really feeling my legs and shoulders right now. Michael really does those punches super fast, and I think I tightened up a little bit more than I usually do just to keep up with him. LOL

Lala, Glad to hear that your back is feeling much better. Sounds like you are going to be having a great weekend with the family.

Susan, Glad that you are able to get your DD some help. Being a teenager itself is difficult, and then add on those other factors. I agree with you on them growing up so fast, and you try to help, but they just don't want to listen. All I can say is it does get better as they get older. DD17 broke up with her bf (again), but this time it is way different. She is the one that broke it off, and there have been no tears except for the very first day. I have been so proud of her.

Karen, I'm going to send up some prayers that you are feeling in top form for tomorrow's tri. Please let us know how it goes, and I see that you decided on the kayak for the race. Funny thing is I really don't know how hight my tm goes to, because I don't think I have gone higher than 10.0. :eek: I know that my incline only goes to 12, so when he says to go to 15 I feel cheated. LOL :D

Have a great day!

Karen - Good luck in your Tri tomorrow! Hopefully the weather will be warmer than what they're saying. Let us know how it goes. No, I haven't gotten any more jogs in - maybe this weekend. I have minor shin splints so should wait a day or two.

Susan - Sounds like you had a stressful time but having a diagnosis and a plan will make you feel SO much better. My DD has ADD, anxiety and mild depression. She's okay as long as she takes her meds and gets plenty of sleep. I watch carefully to make sure she does both. Hugs to you!

Laurie - I think an incline of 12 is plenty high. :eek: I trip all over my jump rope, too. I have some weighted jumprope handles that detach from the rope so maybe I should try this workout. Could you use 1 or 2 pound dumbells instead?

Did Shred 1 & 3 last night. I sub'd plyo jacks for the rock star jumps to lessen the impact for my knee. Knee is better but I don't want to aggravate it. Tonight is BFBM, tomorrow is Jillian yoga (1st time trying this one from Exercise TV). Sunday is Shred 2 but I may substitute something else.

Quiet weekend. Trying to talk DH into taking me out for brunch on Sunday. :D

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!

Hey there. What a dreary, rainy day... Ugh! And then possible snow tonight?? Man, living in Wisconsin can be a pain! Went downstairs to do Core Syn and my "precious" children had been down there last night. Anyway, they trashed my exercise area! At least the area I do my cardio!:mad: And DD13 is not home to help clean it up and right now I am refusing to do it for her! So, in the area they did not mess with I will be doing Pilates Max followed by Pilates ABS. Tomorrow I shall do Core Syn!

My weekend is quiet and so far I just have to play soccer against my DS's team on Sunday for soccer practice (Moms versus boys). That should be interesting!

Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day! You deserve it!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.