** 12 Week Challengers Jan 1st ** HNY!!!****

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning and Happy New Year!

Im just getting us started and then I will be back. I didn't get to check in yesterday with all my goals and rotation b/c Im not starting until today. Im still reading through yesterdays post and then I will return!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies

Day two,Its all so exciting

Todays workout will be cardio from drillmax,its my first time doing drillmax.I preveiwed it yesterday and it looked like SO MUCH FUN!

The scale is 1.4 today,woohoo:7

There were alot of post I didn't get to read yesterday,but hopefully as the days go by I will be able to read how everybody is doing!

Morning Gidge:)

Have a great day and Happy New Year!:)

Happy New Year!!

Started the year off w/ Interval X+ and Abs/Core+. I was supposed to run w/ my buddies, but at 18* w/ snow & a LOT of wind we decided to reschedule for tomorrow! ;-)

I did well y'day, skipped the movie popcorn when we went to see National Treasure (I honestly haven't had movie popcorn since reading the nutritional info on it! :eek: ).

Have a great day! It's just going to be a relaxing day here! ;-)

Alright,Im back. And now to tell you a little bit about myself:) I am a Canadian mother of 2:) I have a 11 yr old daughter and a son who will be 1 on Jan 4th.Married for 6 yrs and work full time/shift work. I have no issues with working out at all and actually last nights joke about resoultions was that mine would be working out longer...and of course everyone laughed at me! They know I don't need to do that. If anything its my sweet tooth that gets the best of me! Right now its no worse for wear b/c i still maintain my weight while eating what I want.Its just not good for me! I could eat alot more food for the cals in sweet stuff.

I am currently 118, 5'4" so I don't need to lose any weight. Im going to tone up my UB a little more and do ab work more often.I tend to leave it for the end of my workout and the baby wakes before I am done...then no ab work for me.

So one of my goals is to eat as cleans as possible. I really need to get my sweet tooth pulled;) I can't say that I will follow BFL's eating plan or workout plan to a "t" but it is a great program and I will try to follow certain guidelines. I will get my sugar from fruits and eat more salads as well. With this being said, I need to get to the grocery store, which won't happen today b/c everything is closed.
My rotation (which I haven't made up yet) will involve the GS series,4 Day Split series, cardio and circuits.I am thinking 3 weeks GS, 1 week-2 weeks circuit,the 4 day split. I am a shift worker so its a little hard to make up a rotation when Im not sure what my schedule is.

K...thats about it for me. I had pics taken a couple of weeks ago so I will use them as my before pics!

Can't wait to get to know each and everyone one of you better!

Lori:)

Good morning Challengers: :7

I am waking up with a clear head ;-) and ready to go for the day. I have no idea what to do today for a workout. We are leaving for Mexico on Friday morning for a week so i will be MIA. My workouts have been basically whatever I feel like doing at that moment so today is very undecided. I'm going to be putting a rotation together soon (w/some help from Jess ;-) :* if she will) so when I get back from vacation it's full speed ahead to change!!

Today I'm going to buy a journal to record all my thoughts instead of eating them like I used to :D . I am going to get a workout logbook, too. I have some drawers and cupboards that need a good cleaning and some packing to to do.

I hope everyone has a great day, I'll be back on later, but I'm off to clean our bar and grill (I'm sure it's a mess from last night). It was our first new year's eve off in 12 years, it was so nice to be in bed at a decent time :7 .

Take care and I'll be back to catch up later!

Happy New Year Everyone

I've started my workout year with an upper body workout. I used Gym Style Back and Bicep Warmup. Then did my own workout of two exercises per upper body part. Then did the cool down from the gym styles DVD. I really want to build my strength up this year and I'm determined to stick to this rotation for twelve weeks and see what happens. I've put my first sticker on the Cathe 2008 Calender and started my first workout journal so I can keep a record of weights lifted etc.

Heres to a new more focused year and hopefully better results.

I might do a stretch from Cathes Total Body Stretching later on as I love the stretches from that.

Have good workouts girls.

Love
Laura
xx
:)

Hey girl!! I'm glad that you joined in here too!! You know I'm just an email away! ;-) Good idea w/ teh journal, I've heard a lot of people have had great success w/ that! Have a good one & can't wait to hear about your vacation! ;-) I'm JEALOUS!

Good morning, everybody. And Happy New Year! My word for the day is TIRED! lol I wasn't planning on a real late night, but plans change, right? HA! BF, younger DS and I went to a neighbor's house last night and were there till after 1am. We came home and I tucked in DS, then BF and I hung out chatting till 3am! Dozed on the couch till 6am, when he went home and I went to bed! lol Just got up at 9:30, and THAT'S not normal of me AT ALL! But what's one day, right?

My workout is going to be an iTread sprint/interval workout and abs, later today sometime. Right now, I'm waiting for the call to pick up my older DS at a friend's house.

Dinner tonight is our traditional New Year's meal...pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and veggies. YUM!

Have an AWESOME day. BBL to check in again!

Gayle

Happy New Year!

I can't believe how late I slept today--and I didn't stay up past 12:30! My workout today will be Bootcamp because I'm following Cathe's January rotation. I've just completed two months of 4DS and a homemade 4DS from other Cathe dvds, so I'm really hoping to see some of that new muscle I created that's still hiding under my extra 20 lbs :)

DH should be working out today, too--but he's on a beginner plan with 20 min. on the treadmill and one body part from PUB. I really hope he sticks to this!

Have a great day!

Kelly

Happy New Year everyone and good morning! Just finished up my protein pancakes and will be off to do the 2nd half of Imax 2 in a few minutes.

Survived the morning without coffee again! Feeling good!

Have a great day and I'll check back later!

Good morning! I'm working on getting my rotation set up for this month. I have a 3 mile run plus 4DS Bis & Tris on tap for today.

I'll check back later when I have more time...

Happy New Year 12 Weekers!

Hubby, kids and I stayed home and played Life last night. I resisted the frozen custard DH bought as a New Year's treat and went to bed at 12:01 a.m.! LOL I'm not much of a night owl so I'm surprised I even made it that long.

Today is Day 4 for me.

Workout is Barry's Bootcamp Chest & Abs plus the non-treadmill cardio. Might try to do my traditional New Year's walk around the block (1 mile - it's a big block) if the sidewalks aren't too icey.

Have a great day everyone and remember WE CAN DO THIS!!

Sue

Happy New Years my fellow Challengers!!!!!!!

I was originally going to start tomorrow, but I joined Weight Watchers this morning and I'm putting in my meals for today, and realize even with the rib roast I'm making today, I'll be on track! So I'm starting today!! Yay! I'm very pysched for this.

My workout will be Amy's Hi/Lo Extreme and APX Legs with some abs tossed in there as well.

Happy New Year!

Today I did GS (Bicep portion) and later I'll be doing TJ PKJ.

The cleaning bug has struck me......so I'm getting the house in order so going back to work/school tommorow will be less chaotic.

Last night I was home alone....so I got some sushi (no rice) and enjoyed that while creating my 90 day rotation journal.

It's funny how most everyone says the workouts come easy, but the eating is their challenge. I'm just the opposite. My clean eating comes naturally , but I struggle to get the workouts in when life gets in the way.

Hoping to become a daily 5am exerciser.

*Ellen*

Happy New Year,

I started out with Step Boxing by Kelly Coffey-Meyer with about a half an hour of kettlebell training.

I didn't say anything about myself yesterday. So here it goes. I have 10 children (yes, I had them all myself). They are 34, 30, 23, 21, 18, 16, 13, 11, 9, and 6. I am 52 years old and I have been doing Cathe for 13 years now. I did homeschool for 14 years, but last year I put my youngest 4 in school. I still homeschool my 16 year old.

I can't wait to read everyone elses posts! Have a great day!

Cheryl

Happy New Year Challengers!!

Today is day 1 for me. DS took some pics of me yesterday so those will be my starting pics. I will weigh and measure today and plan on weekly weigh-ins and taking monthly measurements.

The workout part is easy for me as I love it, its the eating that is my downfall. I will be cleaning up my diet for this challenge and hopefully see the benefits in pounds lost. That's the plan anyway. Maybe Ellen can share her clean eating habits with the rest of us.

Today I will be doing a GS Upper Body w/o and a cardio TBD.

We are all off to a great '08, so lets keep each other motivated and on track!

Diana

~~HAPPY NEW YEAR~~ :):)

I was a major party popper last night...I was asleep by 11 p.m. Finished up watching.. "Clean House." LOL Of course, I did get awakened by the phone ringing (My Sister from Las Vegas) and then my son stomped in the house around 12:30 a.m.

My official start day doesn't start until tomorrow. I tried to start yesterday, but w/ all the goodies in the house and BF being home their was no way!

Yesterday was PUB (feeling good DOMS today).. Today is HIIT, maybe I will pull out BBC Arms/Cardio...short but sweet! :)

Cheryl~ WOW 10- kids, you look wonderful!! I believe we might of met on the Road Trip this year...

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Good morning and Happy New Year, everyone!

Today I'm going to be doing Low Max and trying to start on two of my goals for the challenge -- to eat less sugar and processed food. ON Friday, I'm hoping to take some photos when I do my weekly weigh-in.

Hope you all have a great holiday today!

Happy New Year everyone.

Well I spent my morning measuring and taking pictures. Thank goodness for self timers, LOL. No one home but me so I set up the tripod and snapped away. The dog did get in a couple. She was just trying to help. Made up some food lists and am now ready for a workout.

Jean

Happy New Year everyone! I hope that everyone has a healthy, happy, and productive 2008.

DH and I just got back from the wedding in Estes Park. It was so freaking cold there. Our car thermometer read -5 degrees this morning. By the time we were back in Boulder it was more like 15 degrees. It felt like a heat wave :). We stopped off outside of Boulder and did an hour of snowshoeing. It was fun and I am calling that my workout today. We stopped at a local coffee shop and I had a cappuccino with skim milk. I thought that was a good choice considering what I have usually been getting.

The wedding that we went to last night was beautiful. I don't think I have ever been to a winter wedding before. The couple is going to Costa Rica for their honeymoon and I am so jealous.

I think as far as the rest of the day goes, I am going to make some stuffed sweet peppers with ground turkey for lunches this week. I also need to go grocery shopping. How much of your life do you think you spend in a grocery store? I feel like I am there everyday.

Off to drink some H2O!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.