** 12 Week Challenge/ Jan 6th**

gidget1978

Cathlete
Top of the Morn'in Challengers!:)

How is everyone? I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. Im sure I would have made the time if DH had his laptop brough home but I was quit busy getting ready for DS's b-day party and de-christmasing. I hate taking down the trees! I sooo love the lights from christmas. I even thought about keeping the lights up around my cupboards but took it down anyways!

I uploaded some pics from yesterdays party if anyone is interested.
You can only imagine the sweets I ate yesterday. Remember I said I was gonna throw the cookies out after the party? When I looked my MIL was putting them back up into the freezer! Ugh! Actually, they aren't as bad as the cake sitting in my fridge and the chocolate I leftover from christmas. It was put away until my dad showed up on Fri. I should have given him the choclate when he left...oh well.

I will be back later to report my workout. I have GS legs and cardio planned.

Lori:)

Good morning, Lori! Bright and early on a Saturday, hugh? I couldn't sleep! lol We got in after 1am but I was up by 6!!! What's with THAT? lol

Lori...who is that CUTIE baby in your pics??? ADORABLE!

Rest day for me. I need it. My legs were FRIED yesterday!!! Week 1 is closing out with today. Gearing up for another strong week!!!

Today is a day of resting, relaxing, and remembering. Today would have been DH's 36th Birthday. I'll be taking the kids to the cemetary to release our annual BDay balloons up to daddy in heaven. I'll call the in-laws as well, since they are still really struggling with his loss.

Not to mention finishing off Clean Max. I need to do laundry, then dust, vaccuum and mop, yet today. GEESH! Does it ever stop?

Have an AWESOME DAY!

Gayle

Morning 12 weekers. Gayle - my heart goes out to you and your darling boys today. <<<MEGA HUGS>>> to you mama. You are an inspiration to so many of us in so many ways. I hope your trip is meaningful - I'm sure it will be. Thanks for sharing the photo on the OD page - great pic.

Lori - adorable pics! Sweets can be my downfall too - though not so much chocolate.

OK - today and next week it's about more accountability for me. I did my first weigh in and measuring this a.m. and DH will do pics later on (YIKES). So, (sheepishly and totally embarrassingly), here are my #s:

Wt 135
chest 35
waist 30
hips 38
rt arm 11.5 lt arm 11.5
rt thigh 23 lt thigh 22.5
rt calf 15 lt calf 15

YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!! Will BBL after pics. ^5s to all who are here.

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good morning Lori, Gayle and Lorrie and all that follow.

Sunday is weigh-in for me: down 3lbs!!! YIPPEE!! Today is a rest day and Free Sunday!! I get to choose one cheat meal today and I think it'll be pizza and a slice of strawberry cake with vanilla frosting...:9

Lorrie - I give you credit for posting your numbers. I just can't bring myself to do that yet.

Lori - I hear ya on the sweets. Once I get started, it can get out of control. The trick for me is to not get started..;) I took down my tree yesterday too. And put all the decorations away. I am glad that's over with, but last night the house looked a little sad.

Gayle - An emotional day on tap for you and the boys. I'll be thinking of you!!

Have a great day everyone and BBL!!

(shhhhhhhhhhhhh....taking a break from housecleaning! LOL)

Lorrie-thank you for a few things. First, for posting your #s. It is a HUGE step to just put yourself out there, but I GUARANTEE YOU....keep in mind each week during each food challenge or craving that you will be sharing your numbers with US. THAT will really help. Also, thank you for the thoughts on DH. My biggest issue with his passing is all the UNRESOLVED issues we had. I remember the night of his viewing after all the guests left and it was just me, Jeff (DH), my parents and the in-laws. I broke down, saying how MAD and ANGRY I was that he died before we had a chance to iron some things out! BUT....that's part of my new ME and my resolution I made on Octover 1st when I started my first challenge...to stop using his death as an EXCUSE! Anyway.....

Melissa-GREAT JOB on the loss, girl! WOO HOO! It's WORKING, isn't it? CONSISTANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori-I've got a major sweet tooth myself! So I understand!

Did I miss anything?

What are your plans for today? I'm cleaning this AM, then at 1pm BF's DS has a basketball game. Then it's back home for R&R and FOOTBALL, baby. I'm sad, though, since my Steelers lost last night!

Gayle

Good morning to everyone. I started off my day right with 20 min on my elliptical and then 4 day split bi's/tri's. I bought some gloves the other day and they sure do help when lifting weights. My goal this week is 5 days of exercise. I did get on the scale yesterday and am down about 5 pounds from last week; I assume that's mostly water weight.

Keep up the good work ladies!

The Other Christine

ETA - I'm with you Gayle about the Steelers....very sad.

Just some cheerleading going on here before I head back to attacking these dust bunnies:

[marquee][font size=+3 font color=purple]Let's KICK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!![/font][/marquee]

Week 1 is just about behind us, and we're heading onto Week 2!

Gayle

Today is my off day, but I will probably end up on the treadmill.

Gayle- I will be thinking of you today.
Lori- I finished of the last three miniture candy bars yesterday.
Jacque- I only ate the candy bars and then I made salsa with baked
chips that was the only munching I did.

Lunch yesterday was a Larabar Cinnamon Roll and supper was porkchops, potatoes baked, and corn. It was probably not a good idea to drink 2 glass of champagne. I bought it for New Years, but we went to bed early. Congrats on everyones wt. loss I weight tomarrow.
Lorrie- I don't have the guts to post my numbers kuddos to you.

Wow!:eek: There is alot of weightloss going on around here! If that won't keep ya motivated, I don't know what will:)

Gayle** Yes, I will be thinking of you today as well. So sad! And so young! I know you aren't looking for sympathy but my heart goes out to you and the boys! And the baby is mine! LOL Although he would rather be with his father these days and I feel like disowning him, he is still my boy:)

Lorrie** Congrat on the weightloss! Woo Hoo!

Melissa** High fives to you to.Doesn't matter if its water weight or not as long as its comming off!

I planned on doing 4 miles on the TM but it started acting up on Mile 2. I ended up doing a 2.5 mile run,BM2 Cardio TS and GS legs (standing) Those intervals in BM2 are hard when you don't do the weight work after. There isn't much of a break before your back on the step again! My plan this yr was to pay of some crap bills but with my TM acting up I may have to buy a new one!

Have a good day everyone!

Lori:)

Mornin' Challengers,

I have to say I'm not really into this challenge yet. I did okay the 1st week but really need to buckle down my eating and workouts.

MIS and a cardio is on tap for today. Planned on doing them yesterday but took DS to the movies instead.

Lori-DS is such a cutie pie. Sometimes the best thing is to throw out all the junk food. I did that but then found myself having chocolate attack an ended up eating peanuts-which I don't need. I rec'd your post but when I replied it kicked back again. Can you pm me your new email address?

Gayle-My heart goes out to you and your family on this difficult day. I think its good that you have a plan for the day and the kids are involved. {{{{{hugs comin' your way}}}}}

Lorrie-Great job posting your numbers. I'm not that brave yet. I did take my weight and measurements and have them tracked in fitday and in my training journal. Just not ready to put'em out there for all to see.

Melissa-Wow, great job on the weightloss. My weight hasn't changed, but again, I need to buckle down on my eating and w/o's. Keep up the good work!

Other Christine-Lifting gloves are great aren't they? I feel like I can lift heavier with them on. Great job getting that w/o done first thing this morning.

Roxie-We all have those special ocassions where we splurge. No biggie. Hope the scale is kind to you tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Diana

Good morning. This morning I did a 20 min itread and a full body weight workout at the gym. It was a good workout, but I kind of rushed a little because I have a ton to do today.

I am going away on a business trip to Big Sky, MT. Some co-workers and I are driving tomorrow morning from Denver. It is an 11 hour drive, but with stopping and maybe weather it should be about 12-13 hours. BLAH! I will have internet access at the conference so I will probably check in on Tues-Fri. The conference is structured so that there is an early session of talks and then you have from 11 - 5 off. So, I will be working out then. I don't downhill ski, but I want to snowshoe and possible cross country ski. They also have a gym and a pool. I have been wanting to incorporate the pool into my workout regime, but have been too chicken to try it. Maybe this will get me going.

Gayle - I'll be thinking of you and your family today. You are so strong and such an inspiration.

Lori - DS is so cute. Glad you had a good party yesterday. You have certainly kicked some butt this year with getting back into shape after being pregnant.

Diana - OMG, I live in Boulder. You are just down the road from me. I met another lady on the forums, geojill, and we were thinking of hiking this spring/summer. Would you be interested?

Andrea - Isn't iclimb 21 fab? Do you have any other favorites? Do you do the workouts on an elliptical?

Hey Karin-I'm here in broomfield. I would love to go hiking with you ladies this summer. Is geojill in Boulder too?

Diana

Lori – That’s an adorable young man you have there! At least having the sweets in the freezer instead of in our cupboard means out of sight, out of mind, right? When we have leftover cake we give it to our neighbors. They love cake and have tons of teenagers at their house all the time so if they don’t eat it someone else will.

Gayle – My heart goes out to you and your boys. Love the beautiful way you remember your DH. I lost my dad in 2003 and it still makes me cry at times. . . so let the tears flow today (if you need to) and remember the good times.:)

Lorrie – I’ll take your numbers! I didn’t measure yesterday but I know mine are much larger than yours (not that yours are bad).

Melissa – Congrats on the 3 pounds! Woo hoo!! Feels good, doesn’t it?

Other Christine – Congrats on 5 pounds! Woo hoo for you, too!!

Diana – Awesome workout planned today. Great way to start off the week.

I did Ab Ripper X this morning. This afternoon will be BBC Arms & Cardio.

Ended up doing the Forms class yesterday at my Dojo. Turned out to be more of a workout that I thought it would be. We did some sparring with padded swords which was fun but I am truly, undeniably choreographically and memory challenged when it comes to learning Forms. Forms are a series of Tae Kwan Do movements you have to memorize and execute on your own (my definition). It’s tough when you’re used to following along someone on a workout dvd and now have to do it on your own. Requires a higher level of concentration.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Sue

Good morning everyone!

Today I'm planning to do LIC. I'm still enjoying my relaxing Sunday morning.

I need to plan the meals for the busy week ahead. I'll be putting the crockpot to good use!

Gayle.....Many hugs to you and the kids today. When my girls were little and my mom had passed we also did the balloons to heaven. We also make Angel Food cake because it was her signature cake, and she's now an angel.

Week 2 coming up! Woot Woot!!

Looking forward to Desperate Housewives tonight!

Good morning Challengers !

Sounds like this week is ending well with most of the workouts and weigh ins. I am down about 2 lbs myself - yippee !

Today is a rest day but I think I'll take a half hour walk (just to get some extra steps in) and do Stretch Max. Nothing strenuous.

We have a hockey game next week (which means eating out) so I think I'll save my "free eating day" for then.

Lori: Looks like all the kids had fun. Like most of the others, I find not touching the sweets works better for me.

Gayle: Hugs and good thoughts for you and your boys today. I can't imagine what you have gone through, but see that your situation sure helped you to look life straight in the eye and make the best of it. You are so very strong and motivated ;-)

Lorrie: Wow - your measurements are so close to mine, just of a couple pounds and an inch higher/less everywhere. I did my measurements today too and knew it wouldn't be fun. Just reminds me of how much harder I have to work now that the big 50 is a couple weeks away. Doggone hormonesx(

Melissa: Great job being down 5 lbs ! Enjoy your cheat meal and have a bite of pizza for me.

TOChristine: Another of us down 5 lbs ! Kudos to you too !

Roxie: Sounds like we have the same taste buds:7 Hope your weigh in tomorrow goes well.

Diana: Hope next week goes better for you.

Karin: Drive safe and have a blast ! Got any room in your suitcase?
:+

Sue: Sounds like an interesting and very challenging workout yesterday. Wow !

forever: Gooooo crockpot ! I absolutely love just throwing stuff in and having lunches for a week in half an hour. And let the time fly until Desperate Housewives is on tonight.

Have a great day ladies !

Good afternoon!

DH and I are taking our rest day today, but no slacking on our SBD :) Tonight is bunless hamburgers with pickles, reduced fat cheese, and a few slices of turkey bacon, along with a salad. I'm so proud of him!

We're finishing our de-Christmasing today and I'm staring at a huge pile of laundrey, so......see you tomorrow!

Gayle--my heart goes out to you and your boys. I will make sure my husband knows how much I love him today.

Kelly

Hello all!

Well, yesterday I was feeling a little down about having gained back one of the two pounds that I lost, BUT today is a new day! I am down a total 2.5 pounds for the week and a noticeable one inch around my waist! WOO HOO! Today was rest so I did core max3 and stretch max3. Breakfast was a Larabar today since we were running out the door to church. Lunch was a turkey pastrami and cheese salad. The kiddos and DH had sandwiches so I compromised with a yummy salad.:) I'll have a protein shake later and roast chicken with veggies for dinner.

Lori- what an adorable little guy! Happy Birthday to him! I understand the need to get rid of the sweets. Out of sight is the best place for them.

Gayle- What a wonderful tribute to your dh. You are giving your boys a wonderful tradition in which to remember their dad. I don't know your whole situation, but my thoughts and prayers are with you on this emotional day.

Lorrie- WTG on posting your numbers! That is a huge step! Stick with it!

Melissa- WTG on the 3 lb loss! YAY!

TOC- Awesome job on the 5 lbs! I miss my weight gloves. I had a pair and the dog chewed them up. You have reminded me that I need to get a new pair.

Roxie- enjoy your off day/treadmill. The champagne sounds tasty. Ours is still in the fridge from new year's.

Karin- have a safe trip tomorrow. Big Sky sounds beautiful! Enjoy the snowshoeing and the pool.

Sue- your Tae Kwan Do sounds tough. I know I wouldn't be able to memorize all those moves. Kudos to you.

forever- I love my crockpot! Have you seen the cookbook called "Fix it and Forget it"? There are some great recipes in there and I believe they have a low carb one as well. My dinner is in the crockpot as I type!

Jacque- Awesome job on the two pounds! Enjoy your rest day!

Kelly have a great rest day and UGH on the de-Christmasing! We still have to do ours. Hopefully today and hopefully soon!

Week one is down and only 11 more to go! Woo Hoo! We are going to be the fittest little Easter Bunnies ever!

:+

Hey there everyone! Well, I was planning to do Muscle Endurance today, but got sideswiped by MIL being sick so I had to take DD to church this morning. They had King's Cake today - I caved to a couple bites since I ate only a WW 2pt bar for breakfast, but considering how many slices they had left I consider that a MAJOR victory! Treated myself to a nice ham, veggie & (ff) cheese omelet after church, though.

Gayle, I'll be thinking of you today.

Lori, my DS' birthday is on Thursday - he'll be 10. He wants to go to a Mexican place for dinner. I'll need to plan for that one. His party will be Saturday - a sleepover - so we'll do pizza & cake and then chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast (I'll probably eat a whole grain waffle).

Karin, I like iClimb 9, 11, and 13 too. I do them on the elliptical - they were a great find since I'm SURE I never would have touched the level 8 button on my elliptical w/o Keith talking in my ear LOL! Lucky you to live in Boulder - I went to college @ CU & my brother lives in Denver. I live in Albuquerque, NM.

Well, I need to get going - still have some de-Christmasing to do before the boys are here next weekend. I'll see you all tomorrow - one of the 4DS cardio routines is on the agenda for tomorrow (will try to get my abs in too). Have a great afternoon & evening!

Today was a good day for me--I walked 3.25 miles with a friend this morning and then walked another 2.8 miles while DD ran. Oh yeah! (That's my 5th workout day this week.) Congrats to everyone on their achievements this week--and their positive attitudes.

Gayle, ((((((hugs)))))) to you and your little guys for today. I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband and I admire very much how you've kept yourself and your family moving forward and living life to the fullest despite such a devastating blow. You are doing a tremendous job as a mom to your boys and as a role model for everyone whose life you touch, like those of us in these forums. YOU GO GIRL!!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.