** 12 Week Challenge Jan 3rd/ Week 1**

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

I also wanted to put the "day" in the title but its pointless cause we are all on different days!:) So I will leave it as is.
Yesterday was a good day but I did eat a couple of things that I shouldn't have. That is always the hard thing at work. My work is FULL of sweets and when i am bored and alone, i end up picking at stuff. Its usually not until later in the day so its a good thing I don't start first thing in the morning:eek: Today I will try to do my best to stay away from the junk. After DS's b-day party on sat any sweets I have in the house leftover from Christmas is going in the trash...that will also solve that prob!

Todays workout is a run + Bm1 circuits. Im aiming for a 4.5 mile run today but we will see how that goes!

My eating will be vey similar to yesterdays b/c when I packed my bag for work yesterday, I just packed double.

BBL!
Lori:)

Good morning, Challengers - well tomorrow we fly out of this 5 degree below zero weather to the warm sunshine of Mexico. :7 Happy Dance :7

I wrote in my food journal yesterday - YUCK - boy, does that ever hit home and make you think. I didn't realize how bad I eat sometimes? Keep in mind we are trying to eat everything in the house so the cupboard is bare for when we are gone, but WOW!! Now, I just need help straightening it out!!!

The good thing: my exercise was great - I taught a step/interval class last night and I worked them hard. We did abs and planks at the end and I think everyone was cooked. }(

Today will be try to eat better than yesterday for sure!!! Exercise will be tough because I'm working tonight (we own a bar and grill so I bartend, too ;-) ) after my full-time job at the school. I volunteered for this, though, to make as much as I can before we go on vacation. I feel the need to spend while I'm gone ;)

I'll be back later.

Take care,
Marcia.

Mornin' Lori, Marcia and all who follow. Lori - you are so good at getting us started so early!! What time do you wake up my dear?!

Marcia - have an AWESOME time and enjoy the warmth! I know I would.

Well - my monsters are back to school this morning so I hit it at 4:15. Got in the 4DSKB and itread 13 (sprints) along with some LB freestyling. Later on today hope to hit it with BBC legs. Breakfast was Cinch shake and berries. Ok - off to wake the monsters. BBL - have a great day all! Spring is right around the corner!

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hey Girls!:) Glad to see you all decided to join me!;) JK!

I got my workout done today and again, it feels sooo good knowing that it is done and out of the way! I went to bed at 9:15 last night and was fast asleep shortly after! I did a 4.5 mile run (40 mins), 4 seg of BM1 and abs. Even though I am not working in the morning I am debating getting up and working out before DS wakes. That way when he goes for his nap in the afternoon I can clean the house and get somethings ready for his party on Saturday.

Lorrie** I don't get up that early, not as early as you. I woke at 5,lay there for a few mins, got some coffee and started my workout around 5:50.I don't mind getting up early when I have had a good nights rest. The kids aren't back to school here until Mon.

Marcia** I would be soooo excited if I were going away! My friend is going to the Bahamas on the 20th and I want to crawl into her suitcase!

Have a good day everyone! I will BBL!

Good morning!

Thought I'd pop on here early today. I'm not sure if I'm going to work out today or not. GSL is on tap and I'm feeling a little wobbly in my legs for some reason, so I may just take today off instead of Sunday.

Lori, I'm with you, I ate well yesterday until the afternoon, but mine was a few to many nuts........good thing I didn't open the peanut butter }( . I'm hoping to do better today though.

Marcia, have a wonderful time in Mexico!!!!!!! I hope it's sunny everyday for you while you're there.

Have a great day everyone!

Sally

Good Morning Ladies:)

Day 4 in SBD and i've lost 3lbs so far,woohoo! I know this will slow down after im out of phase one but...woohoo!;-)

So Yesterday I decided to take a rest day and de-christmas,so todays workout will be drillmax(as much as my body will allow :+)

Marcia-OH MAN,MEXICO...I wanna go ;-),Ive been to Cozumel and it was lovely! I also hope you have some pretty wheater while on the trip!

Hey to everybody else,bbl

OMG! Amelia! That is awesome! Prehaps this is just what you needed! Im soooo excited for you b/c I know how long you have been stuck! This really keeps you motivated, doesn't it? YAHHHH!!!!

Sally** Nuts aren't as bad and tiny little muffins! LOL Im not overly concerned about it. If I were looking for weightloss then I would be pissed at myself but Im o.k. Today will be better though. I love PB as well. Sometimes I put a teaspoon of it in my shake with a little choc syrup, taste like reese peanut butter cups:9

No boss around today...(yet) can you tell?;)

Morning everyone,

today was Irongirl Spinning workout. Slowly getting back into the swing of things, especially getting up at 4am to workout. hard to do after 10 days from it. I did workout on those days I had off but it was later in the morning when I seemed to have a bit more energy.

Eating yesterday was the best it has been in over a week. Slowly getting back on track. Kinda nice to be back at work where there are no tempting treats sitting around. I bring in my own snacks and food.

Hope everyone has a great day,
Rhonda

Thanks Lori,your a sweetheart:) yeah ive been stuck for quite sometime now!! LOL I just replied to you over on the WW thread! Prehaps your boss won't come in today so you can chat all day;-)

Everybody have a great day :)

Amelia-Now THAT's the way to start off the New Year, right? Great job!

Marcia-think of me when you're in Mexico. It's in the teens here today, with wind chills in single digits. YIKES! ENJOY YOURSELF!

OK....late post for me. Thursday mornings I do School Store at the school for 4th grade.

This morning's workout was iTread 13 Sprints and Core Max 3. Tonight I'd like to plug in LIS cardio once again. for some extra.

The scale is being SOOOOO KIND to me these days. lol I took all of last week of as rest week and pretty much ate anything and EVERYTHING. Listen to THESE NUMBERS! LOL Monday morning, the scale was up 13.8 pounds! In ONE STINKIN' week! lol But Tuesday morning it was down 2#, Wednesday morning it was down another 3.4 and today down another 1 full pound. LOL Isn't that just funny? I figured these first 2 weeks would be getting back to the point I was at at the very end of my first challenge (which ended 12/23).

OK....have a few things to do before I head back to the school.

Gayle

Good morning everyone!

Marcia, have a wonderful time in Sunny Mexico! :D

I'm hanging in there challenge-wise by my fingernails. It's a very busy week with a death in the family, kids back to school, and work so I have had to modify my workouts. Yesterday was just the step-only portion of SJP. It's quick, but it's something.

Better success with the eating. I'm thinking of getting the diet-minder book that's been discussed elsewhere.

Last night for date-night I made up a low fat version of an old family favorite - Mac & cheese with hot dogs. I used whole wheat pasta, skim milk, low fat cheese, turkey kielbasa, but jazzed things up with mushrooms, onions, red peppers, and salsa. SO declared it good! :9

Hoping to carve out more time for workouts and to be more mindful of what I'm eating instead of just guessing.

Sorry so long!

Amelia - Good for you on your 3 lb. weight loss. That is enough to make you want to keep going. It is a realupper for the self esteem.

Gayle - Yeah, it is great that your weight is coming back down so quick after one week of eating and having fun! It is a good thing that you are back on track again.

I did Step Boxing and I ran for 3 miles this morning. Tonight I plan on doing Drill Max and then some of my kettlebells. I absolutely LOVE the kettlebells. They are so easy to incorporate in all of my workouts.

I did well on my eating yesterday, also. It definitely is a challenge to say NO to certain foods, isn't it? It is too bad that most of the great tasting foods are so high in fat and calories!

Have a great day and keep up the challenge!

Cheryl

Good morning everyone! I'll own up - I didn't get my WO in last night. By the time I got home from work I had a raging headache so I just vegged and read magazines...Cooking Light...found a bunch of great recipes to try, though.

ANYWAY, to avoid a repeat of yesterday - I FORCED myself to get up this morning and onto the elliptical. I still owe abs for today - will try to get that this evening, headache or not.

Food wise I'm still struggling. The QUALITY of the food was better yesterday, but the quantity was still off. Unlike some of you, I DID get into the PB yesterday afternoon...which would not be a problem except for the other snacks I'd eaten before that. (((sigh))). Switching back to WW Core plan tomorrow, so hopefully that will help.

OK, I'd better get going. Lots of work to get done today. Have a great one everybody!

Hi all.

Isn't Cooking Light wonderful? Everything I make from it turns out great. My favorite lately is their Chipotle Meatloaf made with ground turkey.

Gayle - isn't it funny what the scale can do? Although your numbers are pretty extreme - I've seen it go out about 10 lbs in a week but not 13! Zowza! But it seems to be coming down pretty fast for you.

Cheryl - which step boxing workout do you have? I am looking for something new for some spice and I used to do an old video like that - can't even remember the instructor, but she wore this hilarious silver bodysuit that looked like a spaceman.

Today is an off day for me - I didn't work last night so I got up at 7 and took kids to school. I will nap today and then workout tonight at 8 and to work at 10:30 at the hospital. I will continue my streak! This checkin is really helping me stay accountable. It helps to read how others are resisting temptation and just getting it done.
Meredith

Hi everyone! I am so excited that so many people are doing the challenge, but I just don't have time for personals. I hope on the weekends to be able to chat more with all of you.

Today I did Supersets. I love the music in this workout. I kind of turned into a wimp in the last couple of months so I am doing Cathe's more intermediate workouts for awhile. I am glad that I still have this PP/SS DVD.

My meal plan is the same as yesterday. I tend to make enough food for about 3 days so I don't have to cook everyday.

Maybe it is all psychological, but I am just starting to feel better about myself and it has only been 3 days. I think it is because I am feeling more in control of my eating. That's a great feeling.

Hi everyone!

I agree with you Karin, I am really starting to feel better about myself too after only 3 days! It's amazing. I was tempted to step on the scale this morning, but figured if it didn't show a lost, I would be disappointed and I'm feeling so good, that it doesn't really matter right now. Just imagine how we will feel when the 12 weeks is up.

My eating has been right on track. I've been sticking to 6 meals a day and haven't missed a workout yet. And best of all, I don't even glance at my favorite coffee shop when I drive by in the morning any more! YEEHAW!! I just keep thinking about all that sugar that I am not consuming anymore and I feel great! :D

Melissa, glad you are feeling better too. I love coffee and coffee shops. DH wanted to go yesterday and instead of my regular nasty drink that I would normally have I had a small skim milk latte. It will take some getting used to but it was good and I was so proud that I didn't get the sugary nightmare I would normally get.

I should have followed your lead and not got on the scale but I did this morning and I weighed the same as I did 3 days ago. I didn't get too disappointed, but I was a little bummed. I won't let it get me down though.

Step away from the scale Karin!!! :7

See, now even if I ordered a small skim milk latte, I would have to put numerous packets of sugar and splenda in it. I think it's the sweetness that I'm addicted to, not necessarily the coffee. :p

Good morning all! I came down with a nasty cold on 1/1 so I haven't actually started the challenge. I am eating better but I have been resting instead of working out. I'm so bummed as I got sooo many cute workout clothes for xmas!

Tonight is the Iowa Caucus. It's my first one but now that I'm sick I'm not really looking forward to it. Kind of a bummer all around to start the New Year.

I'm headed off to rest...hoping to get better to be able to run outside in the 40 degree weather on Sunday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.