***Watercoolers, Winging It Wednesday***

Netta

Cathlete
Morning,
Today was Imax, the original, and I sure don't remember the set or the intervals on this one. I liked it a lot though. Couldn't hear the music as well, but it was easy to follow. I ended with a nice stretch. Maybe will get a short bike ride in after work, but need to pack the trailer up too.

BBL,

DH got the computer rehooked up last night. Oh goodness, our tragic tale continues. Monday night I settled ds into dd's bed ( of course ds has a loft bed so can not get up there, whose dumb idea was to buy that :mad:) He looked very cute sleeping on the Disney princess sheets though. DH and I worked for hours finishing cleaning out the basement. I tried to lie down to go to sleep and ended up having a huge asthma attack from all the dust from the carpet :confused: I ended up sleeping outside on the porch swing for awhile. I took so much medication, combined with 3 nights of almost no sleep I was a zombie all day yesterday. Almost gave ds the dog's meds and the dog ds's painkillers. I sat in the living room watching tv with ds all day and kept falling asleep.

The carpet guys were here for 7 hours yesterday it's all done and looks great. We put a few things back last night but lots left to do. Not sure actually where to put everything as ds was moving to the basement but that's not going to happen for awhile now and now he's sleeping in dd's room. The plan was making his old room a playroom and no all the toys are upstairs and I don't want to move everything back downstairs for a few weeks, so whatever right now there is stuff everywhere but I need to clear space for him to walk with his crutches.

Did I tell you all the water heater broke and flooded the basement the night of the sleepover?? So one night 7 girls, flooded basement, second night at children's hospital and third night cleaning out basement/asthma attack. Last night I slept so well and only up once to give ds his painkillers and sit with him till they took effect.

Today he is going for his abdominal surgery. He is still having so much pain from his leg I feel awful to add on pain from a whole new surgery. I have discussed this so much with both surgeons and I know the pros outweigh the cons. I hoping to talk today's surgeon into some stronger pain meds for tonight. The ortho reassessment got reschedulded for tomorrow as we just couldn't fit the surgery in along with another appt. I'm more worried about getting him in/out of that building tomorrow with having pain from today's surgery. My MIL is a nurse at children's hospital (she's retired and only works casually now) and has been a great help coming with me to the appts so she'll come with me tomorrow.Today I'm on my own with ds will drop dd off at daycare. DH does not do well at doctors', he has been back at work since Monday. DH did do great while at emergency Sunday though.

Wendy, no eye surgery for ds just this abdominal surgery.

I did read though the posts quickly will have to catch up later but hope the Diva enjoys her first day of school. Congrats on the raise Patricia!

Kim

Good Morning Ladies,

Jeanette...
Your post last night was big and bold compared to your previous posts. Today, your post looks like normal. Did you get the setting fixed on your browser? Our teacher told us that as older women and men, we are fortunate to feel pain. The younger therapists are the ones who usually keep working with poor body mechanics without feeling the pain until a major injury takes them out of the game. Isn't it nice to have an familiar workout become unfamiliar? Makes for a better workout. At least it does for me.:D

Kim...
OMW! The drama! Hopefully, the rest of the week will settle down for you and ds. Sending him healing vibes and prayers for today's surgery!!!! Please keep us updated on his condition and yours. Take it easy. The toys and boxes can wait to be put away later. HUGS!!!!

My inner thighs are sore today. What's up with that! Darn Tony!!! My quads are sore from a stretch I got from massage yesterday too. So, I think I'm going to do a cardio and yoga today before I leave for PT.

Hi to all who follows.

Wendy

Morning Coolers,

Yesterday I managed to get in 4m, so this morning I ran the other 3m. :) Didn't have enough time to get the whole 7m in before I had to get to my hair app't. The stylist suggested that I might want to darken it up a bit, and do you know I really LOVE my hair color right now. It is a darker brown with a touch of red. :D

Today DH and I have been married for 20 yrs. Sometimes I wonder where the time has gone, and then other days it seems we have been together forever! :rolleyes: Will not be celebrating tonight, but plan on tomorrow. Youngest DD has registration and pictures tonight for school.

Jeanette, So glad you had such a good time with the ladies and golfing. :D I guess I will wait for the tutorial then, because I'm not good at guessing either. ;) Can I say again that I am in LOVE with my hair. She used the straightener on it, and I'm thinking that I will have to get myself one to. The girls have one, but it is never a good thing to share with them. :D

Kim, Oh my you have had a rough three days, and apparently it isn't over yet. Your DS will me in my thoughts and prayers, can't even imagine what he is going through. What a trooper though. :) I agree with Wendy, the toys can just be there until you have the energy and time to deal with it.

Wendy, :D Got to love that Tony, I have not done the new Plyo workout that I got a month ago. I even received the new travel workout he did, will have to tackle those two workouts when I have the time. ;)

Patricia, Congratulations on the raise! Hope your DH's is just as good. I have no idea what I will do with myself. Oldest DD has Xcountry, so I'm sure that will take up some of my weekends to watch her run. :D Youngest DD has her dance classes too. But the first thing we need to do is clean up some weeds in our yard. :( That is the one thing that gets the least TLC when we are so busy during the summer.

Debra, Hope the Diva had a great time on her first day of school. My youngest DD has a guy for a teacher this year. She isn't to excited about this concept! But what ya going to do when of the three teachers in 6th grade, two of them are males! :rolleyes:

My dog walker only charged us $12 for each day this weekend, instead of her normal $20. Now that was nice of her! I'm so glad that we hired her to take Cami on walks while we where at the faire. Well worth the $ spent to have some peace of mind. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie...
Congrats on your 20th anniversary!!! That is wonderful!! :):):) Hope you guys have some fun plans for tomorrow....including getting Friske!!! LOL!

Kim...
Your poor family!!! How much more can you guys go through??? :eek::eek::eek: Sending kisses and hugs your way....and to your poor DS!!! Take care of yourself....and try to keep the medications in line!!

Just had to get those quickies in before I head out to my massage...Hope everyone is having a good day....I will be back later to catch up some more. :rolleyes:

Trying to post yet again!!! Maybe, third time's a charm? Maybe not.

Went out with my classmates tonight after class. Had a couple of drinks, nachos, and took videos and pictures of a couple of classmates with enough nerve to sing!!!:D

Good News!!! My PT said I don't need to continue going for therapy. He recommended that I continue doing PT exercises at home. If the pain flairs up, I can call for recommendations or come back for more therapy.

CC and yoga may still happen before I go to bed. I need to load up on some water and take some Sudafed Sinus. My head has been pounding all night.

Laurie: What plans do you and dh have for tomorrow night? Why do they take school pictures at night? I thought those were taken during school hours. Too bad you didn't have your picture taken with your awesome color!!!

Debra: How was your massage?

Kim: How was the ab surgery? I had it in my mind it was for his eyes since we were talking about eye surgery. Sorry. I have terrible reading comp skills. LOL

Jeanette: Did you get everything packed for the holiday weekend? I still need to find out where the family reunion is! I'm debating on if I will go. I probably will... unwillingly!!!

Patricia: What's up? Are you starting the X on Monday?

Wendy

Hello,
Got a lot accomplished at work today. After work, picked up DH and we headed to Wally World for some last minute items for camping. Took a little snooze, then headed out on the bike at 6 p.m. Did a one hour ride. Pretty good headwind at the start that had my legs feeling heavy. Ended with a bit of a tailwind. After that, loaded up the camp trailer with food. DH and I will both be off work at 3 p.m. tomorrow, will load up a couple more items, including the generator, and head off for the woods. Won't be able to post while I'm gone, but I'll catch up when I get back.

Wendy, always fun to go out and socialize. I seem to be drawn to group sports myself. That's great news that you can discontinue the PT sessions. Is the pain gone now? You may be surprised and have a great time at the family reunion. Hope the headache is gone now. Allergies? I KNOW I've done Imax before, maybe a couple times, but I sure don't remember the set or the moves. I modified anything high impact. Not feeling bad about doing that anymore. I need to save my knees.

Laurie, congrats on the 20th anniversary!!! Hope you guys got to go out and celebrate. That's great that you love your new color. Any compliments on it today at work? Straightener, huh? I'm one that would always want mine to be curly as it's naturally straight. We always want what we don't have LOL!

Kim, OMG! What a time you and your family have had!!! Sending healing vibes to your DS. Hope the surgery went okay today for him. You guys have had enough!!! Okay, happy days are here again, let's stay on a roll now with no setbacks! I'm pulling for you. Hoping they can give him some good meds for the pain.

Patricia, you okay?

Must hit the hay now,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.