***Watercoolers, Whatever Wednesday***

Netta

Cathlete
Morning,
Today was GS Legs Timesaver Premix. Legs feel good now. Have to be at work at 7 a.m. for a while, so workout time is now 4-5 a.m. For years, I worked out from 3-4. Glad I don't have to do that anymore. Tonite will be golf and I'm looking forward to that very much. Afterwards, I'm hitting Wally World to get a new DVD player. I could throw this one out the window (Sandra, I always think of you and your many DVD players).

BBL,

Morning Coolers,

No workout yet for me, because I came in to work early. Oldest DD has a dr. appointment today. Have to get that in before she starts Xcountry on Monday. :) DH wants to go to a movie tonight also, so I don't know when I will get my 5m run in. Lets see 5m run/Brandon Fraser...:) Brandon all the way baby! :D

We finished our vb season last night with a win. Still haven't decided if I want to continue playing for another 8-16 weeks. Depends on what league we end up in.

Jeanette, Don't hit Wally World to hard! :D You are right we do have a queen that is getting older. In fact for the first 3 weekends we had a 21 yr old queen. She was fun to be around. Our current queen had surgery on her eye, so she was out for that time. But management had given her a contract before this all happened. There are good and bad with the young queen, but the diva isn't there. I'm like you with the less ingredient recipe. LOL about you having to bite your tonque about the digging with DH.

Wendy, Oh Oh now I'm curious about lower body work and STS!

Debra, Glad to hear that your butt and knee are doing fine after the workout. Maybe they just needed the extra time off. ;) Oh yes I was surprised that I was a little sore from the 4DS workouts. But then I realized that I was using heavier weights than in P90X+. School for us starts after labor day, and youngest DD's dance class starts on the 20th of Sept. Yep TB is out of the picture, don't know yet what the new one will get as a nickname. So far he hasn't been on my list! ;)

Kim, Well after having such a busy week, you will need the two weeks off. :D My DD's start school on Sept 2nd and 3rd. The oldest doesn't have to go to school the first day, because they just have the Freshman class running around the school. The school is so big that they need to get their bearings before all the upper classmen show up.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Thanks for the b'day wishes Debra. I will request that DH supply me with that glass of expensive wine. ;)

Laurie

stopping by

Hi all,

Just stopping by to say Hi. Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good summer. I'm finishing up my 11th week of X+ with some cardio mods:) I'm off this week and next then it's back to work for the duration.

Jeanette is riding away into the sunset as usual.

Debra is having grand reunions with CB.

Laurie is still a maiden at the faire. Thanks for the link to Runner's World. I just subscribed to that magazine recently. I've been following one of thier hill training suggestions. I've gotten great results.

Wendy is contemplating cancelling STS. I'm waiting to here your thoughts.

Hi to everyone else.

Tracy

Hi all!! Hope everyone is having a great morning. It is chilly and rainy here today...which is fine since I have got to run up and get my books for my classes which start next week. My mom is going to tag along and we are going to have lunch up there and go to a couple of antique stores...Yea!! I love to go antiquing and I don't get the chance much.

I am definitely feeling the 'love' from MM yesterday :eek:. I will be glad when I get into a real routine again and don't have the extra DOMS. I don't want to tell you my workout plan for today because whenever I do that, I end up not doing it for some reason or another!!!! :eek:

Tracy....
So glad to see you around this morning...I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering how your family was handling the loss of FIL. I hope everything is going as well as can be expected. I saw your post on OD about STS...It sounds like you are doing well with your X+ rotation. Hope you have a great vacation week this week. And then back to the grind, I guess. Same for me...this is my last 'play' week and then back into the fall swing of things!

Okay...hope everyone else has a great day...especially Laurie! I will be back later to catch up with everyone else on personals!!! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR XXX QUEEN!!!!

Laurie,

May your day be filled with worshiping servants. :D And your next year be as sweet as you are!!!

XOXOXOXOXO's

Wendy

CRAP! I lost my long post on lower body and STS. UGH!!!!

I'm not going to cancel my STS order. My theory was blown out the water today when I measured my thighs. Yep, they are bigger even though I lost weight. So, that tells me that my bodyfat % is higher than it was before I injured my shoulders. However, I haven't been working out. So, I'm going to do a little full body weights and more yoga before STS is released. I'll do another assessment before making my decision to keep STS or not.

If I do keep STS, I'm going to monitor my body's response to STS at each meso cycle. I don't know if it is necessary for me to work each meso-cycle to get to my personal goal. I want to be healthy. But, not all bodybuilders are healthy!!! Their muscles are in terrible condition. Yes, they look good. But, I'm not willing to look good at the expense of poor lymph and venous circulation caused by sustained muscle contraction and tendonitis. There are some people who can do three classes in a row, stretch, get a massage, and not have any problems. Then there are some who do.

If I can achieve the look and feel that I want with yoga, walking, a balanced diet, and a little weights/high impact... then why am I beating myself up only to have a bulky look that I don't want????? I don't know if STS is able to give me what I want.

I know myself well enough to know that I will never eat a bodybuilder's diet. I'm not willing to limit myself to chicken, hemp protein, whey protein, fish, and egg whites for even a week! Or a couple of crackers and hummus for dinner.;) I'm not that committed. I'm not committed enough to want to look like a photoshopped figure model. I like how I look. I like my lifestyle. I like my body enough to not beat it up to improve.

Just thinking ::read venting:: aloud.

BBL for personals.
Wendy

Why does everyone, who I haven't communicated with in a long time, want to contact me all at once when I'm on vacation and back home studying?????

I don't have time for that right now. I've gotta get ready for physical therapy and class. But, I do have time for personals.;)

Debra...
Are you getting excited over physics yet? Have a great time lunching and shopping with your mom!!! Tell us after you've pushed play. Sounds like a good game plan to me!!! Phil and I never got around to drinking the wine. His co-worker threw out his back. So, Phil, being the saint that he is, told his friend to go lay down in the van and he'd do the work for two men!!! Yep, he hasn't worked that hard since he worked for his brother. As you know, his company doesn't promote doing your best. :rolleyes: Anyhow, Phil came home sore all over his body. I told him that his friend owes me $80 since he was too sore to massage me. LOL OH! Was my butt a what not to wear moment? I told dh that it wasn't a good shot. The sweetie that he is told me that even a bad shot still looked good to him. Yeah, you know what he's wanting!!! I plan on posting my What Not to Wear sometime soon!!! I was only joking about stealing MIL's herbs de provence! She did offer to give me her spices when I told her I really liked it. She's so sweet!!!

CBL...
When Andy Cohen asked Jenni an email question from Wendy, it was a different Wendy. I might read about the show, but I don't go out of my way to post or email questions!!!! If I did ask a question, it wouldn't be that one!

Tracy...
You've been on my mind these days too. Hope all is going well in your life these days. What are your plans post X+? I read your post on OD about STS. I like your thoughts on mesocycle 3 legs. I might go that route if I decide to do STS. Do you have anything special planned before work starts up again?

Laurie...
LOL on where your priorities are!!! Enjoy the movie tonight!!! Is it only a sports physical your dd needs before Xcountry starts?

Jeanette...
I need to buy MIL a new dvd player. She lost her remote control. With all the options on dvds, it makes her player useless. How long will you be going into work an hour earlier? Will this be for the foreseeable future? I didn't have Phil help me with PT last night since he was tired from work. I can be a compassionate wife, ya know! LOL I am so proud of you for zipping it!!! Well Done!!! Was it you who asked me how my classmates did on the test? Well, since I sit next to the smart kids, they all got A's. I finished my test in 10 minutes. My adrenaline was pumping!!! The majority of the class took a lot longer to finish the test. There were quite a few who got D's and C's. If anyone failed, they kept it to themselves. I don't blame them. My favorite classmate almost failed. I told her to not worry and I'd help her study before her next test. She's a sweet girl.

Kim...
Do you have any holiday plans? Do any include leaving your children home alone? LOL I only jest!!! You're a good mother! Don't let the hag in the office spew her negative toxins on you!!! It's not noticeably quiet in the house. My twins are very quiet!!! And, eldest dd is usually outside playing. Thanks for asking about dd's ear. It's better with the medicine the doctor prescribed.

What's up with Patricia?

Okay ladies. Chat later.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi Coolers

Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. I'm just tired of reporting how lousy I'm feeling these days. I feel like I've been sick for 2 months even though I've only taken about 3 weeks off from my w/os. Still manage to find the energy to go play BB though. :D Played a double header Sun. (won 1, tied 1) and played again last night (won of course). I think now I'm experiencing allergies so it's taken a few days for the meds to kick in. Going out tonight for pizza with my parents and tomorrow will be off work to go to my DH's Great Uncle's funeral. It's out of town, about a 2hr drive so the day is pretty much a write-off. We were expecting to hear the news, I think he was in his mid-80's so for the best but always not news you want to hear. Had a hair appt scheduled for tomorrow evening so have had to re-schedule now to Sat. :( Our BB play-offs start this Sun. evening so think I'll just try to get in some low intensity w/o's if I can until I feel up to my normal self again.

I've only had time to skim the previous day(s) entries but sounds like all is well.

Oh Yeah - HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURIE

Kim - I'm sure you're looking forward to your 2 weeks holidays.

Wendy - saw your great pics from the vacation and way to go on your test scores. Saw you were helping on the OD forum also on hair colouring. As soon as I saw the topic I thought for sure with all your recent research you would be able to help her out.

Debra - sounds like you have had a happy reunion with CBL and terrific on losing weight while on vacation.:)

Jeanette - Yuk on the 4am w/o's is all I have to say. :( Do you like your new retainer?

Tracey - nice of you to pop in and say hi

I'll try to pop in tomorrow to say hi.

Patricia...
Sorry to hear you are still under the weather.....I know how frustrating that can be. :( I hope the new meds kick in and you are feeling better soon. Sorry to hear about DH's great uncle, too. Hope things go smooth at the funeral. Good luck with your upcoming BB play offs...Sounds like you team is doing great!! Thanks for stopping by and catching us up a bit.

Wendy....
I just wanted to let you know that I found herb de provence at World Market today for $1.99 for 3 ounces which is a great price...just in case you are near one today, you may want to stop in. :D I will catch up with the rest of your personal later this evening...just wanted to catch you before you got on the road. Also...I have the extra PY4H1 cd for your friend...I will send it up soon.

Okay...I promise to be back with the rest of personals this evening. I must get a few things done around here...and I still need to push play....but it will be an easy one for me today. :p Back in a bit!!!

Evening All:

Just back from visiting with my parents who are camping about 1/2hr away for a week long fiddle contest. Brought pizza to eat and strawberries for dessert. yum yum. A jam session started shortly afterwards so both DH and DS were introduced to some "good ole time country music". Nothing that you would hear on any country station these days I tell you. What's scary is I grew up with this music and still remember all of it. Had some cloggers there to put on a show too. It was cute as Matthew started dancing a little bit but he kept sticking his tongue out so it made him look "slow". Anyhow, a good time was had by all. May visit again with them on Sat. Since we're out of town and may possible be late getting back to p/u DS from daycare they'll be ready for our phone to pick him up if needed. Its nice to have family close by for a change for emergencies.

Here is some irony for you. We were suppose to go to Parry Sound this Sat. for my SIL's 40th birthday at their cottage but it got cancelled this week as my BIL broke his ankle. Now we're going there tomorrow for a funeral anyhow. I guess we were meant to see family this week regardless....

Okay, have a great night & great Thursday Coolers

Spent the evening at the vets, Bandit is throwing up blood :(:( We have her on some medications for the next 24 hrs, and will redraw blood work tomorrow evening and decide what to do. :( Kim

Hi all!! Back for a quick catch up....

I ended up doing PY4H2 Bliss Rider...It felt good...but we will see how my hammie is in the morning. CBL came by tonight to do a little fertilizing in the yard.....and then he headed home. But DD had a nightmare....in other words 'I want to sleep in your bed Mommy'...so even though CBL left early, I still have the joy of sleeping with a thrashing person :(. If I wanted to share my bed, it would have been with CBL...but he had laundry to do!!!

a few short personals...

Laurie...
Hope you had a great day!! And that you got that REALLY nice glass of wine!! I guess it is a good thing that the new boy doesn't have a nickname yet...LOL! I feel your pain, dear woman! Good for you for skipping your workout tonight! It is your bday for goodness sake...LOL! That is great that you are able to go really heavy with the Cathe workouts. Did you order STS?? I don't know who did and who didn't.

Kim...
So sorry that Bandit isn't doing well...Hope things rally back. Keep us informed.

Jeanette...
Did you change your shift at work so that you could enjoy the warm months with sunshine a little longer?? Hope you found the perfect dvd player! My gyno asked about my taking vitamins the last time I was in...and when I told her I don't take anything she didn't have a problem with that...even with out taking calcium..which I really thought she would recommend.

Wendy....
LOL about what Phil said about the 'butt shot'...Well, of course, he isn't going to insult you in this area...LOL...He isn't stupid :p! I think it is wonderful that you are satisfied with your body (mostly anyway...lol). I always struggle with the issue of when enough is enough. I always know that I am not as lean as I want....but like you, I am not going to give up but so much of my food/cravings/excesses. Hence, the reason I only had ice cream one night at the beach....BUT I do wish that I had more visible muscle....but I am not will to make the dietary sacrifices I would have to make...so I try to be comfortable with that. CBL said he would reply to your post tomorrow when he is here longer. :rolleyes:

Patricia...
Sounds like you had a nice time with your parents! Hope DS and DH finally 'got' the music.

Have a great night tonight everyone!!

Dang it,
I lost a long post and don't have time to recreate tonite :mad:.

Golf was so-so tonite. I got a new DVD player but don't know how to hook it to my receiver. DS will come over and help get it set up.

Happy birthday Laurie! Hope it was a good one.

Debra, hope you enjoyed time with your mother.

Wendy, LOL about Phil's shot of your butt!

Tracy, nice to hear from you. Hope you are enjoying summer.

Patricia, hope you start feeling better soon. How's DS's potty training?

Kim, hope Bandit starts feeling better. Our shorthair was throwing up blood a few months ago. It was some kind of infection, she's all better now (((hugs))) to you.

Sorry to be so short but I need to get to bed.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.