***Watercoolers, Wassup Wednesday?****

Netta

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,
Today was Pyramid Upper Body - Up Only Premix. Yep, I'm a slacker, but this one is intense enough for me. Tonite is golf with a girlfriend. I also have a lesson scheduled after work on Friday. Looking forward to that too. Tomorrow DH and I have an appointment with one of our mutual fund agents. Fun, not. :rolleyes:

Jeanette

Good morning all! It's a cloudy day here so we are taking the girls to the Wetlands Institute for 'Feature Creature'...no clue as to what kind of creature will be on tap for the day. Spent the evening last night with Wendy feeling for my bones and where they connect in preparation for her upcoming test. Then I helped Wendy with her PT exercises...which was kind of cool..I got a little practice in for my upcoming profession as well!! :D

The stuffed chicken came out wondefully last night...and we have lots of leftovers so we won't have to cook tonight. :)

Jeanette...
Oh, little grasshopper, that shoveling will be there. I haven't heard of a lot of shoveling fairies in California lately!! PUB always gets me good...I am sure you will feel it tomorrow...as you can't sign your name to anything the mutal fund agent places in front of you...LOL! No sympathy about the humidity there since I am sweating my little butt off here! Have fun with golf tonight!!

Kim...
So glad to hear that Bandit is doing better. It is so tough when our pets start to get old. Your poor DS having to field calls from all of the adults in his life yesterday...LOL! I bet he was thinking...'Please just leave me alone so that I can get through one whole tv show uninterrupted!' LOL! I bet you are feeling PUB today! You go woman! I am hoping that Wendy can't figure out how to upload the video...it was bad enough that all of these old people around me were looking at me like I was crazy. My dd keeps telling me that I am embarrassing her...lol :eek:

Oh this is easy..I don't have to reply to Wendy since she is already here!! :p I caught up with everyone else last night...Hope you all have a great day!

Good Evening Ladies,

The creature of the week was a terrapin turtle. I'll post pictures later.

Patti and Rulan stopped by on their way to massages. They'll be calling me when they're done. Hopefully, she can squeeze me in tonight or tomorrow morning.

The girls and I hung out on the beach this afternoon till dinnertime. After I finished labeling the pelvis and sacrum, I got wet for the first time. :eek: After dinner, painted dd's fingernails with glitter polish as a bribe for not going back to the Wetlands Institute for Raptor Family Night. I still have to take her for icecream when Debra gets back from taking them to the neighborhood park.

I'm going to call Phil while I have some quiet time. BBL for personals.

Ballistic Hugs
Wendy

Nothing exciting here. Just finished IMAX 3, the rotation calls for CoreMax but will add it to tomorrow's PLB as did abs with PUB yesterday. I have super DOMS throught my whole upper body form PUB :(

Jeanette I guess you're allowed to do only half of PUB as you do all the extra fitness with golfing/biking. Any shovelling done tonight?? I just bought some New Balance X-Trainers and some Gel Asics runners.

Wendy The ice cream sounds yummy! When are you heading home?

Debra Good for you getting some physio practice in! When does school start for you and the diva??

Kim

Good Evening All:

Finally got a w/o in after a 2 week break. I'm still feeling tired and not really motivated so I did Ramp it Up from Si6 on my laptop while watching X-weighted. Thought it was a good trade-off. :) I have 4 BB games coming up over the next week so will put the X on hold. I think I'm just trying to do too much and have worn myself out. Glad I got off the couch though as I was feeling pretty soft and hate that feeling.:(

Jeanette - here is the link: www.picturetrail.com/mommapew for the cottage shots. I really like PUB too and only ever do the UP pre-mix. I've read that's all you really need especially if you want to go heavier. I just got a statement of one of my investments and wondering if it is time to make the call with my investor to see about whether I should just ride out the storm. I don't know if too many people are making $$ these days. More like losing (at least according to my statements over the last year). Problem when I call he always wants me to bring over my investments from other companies or encourage me to contribute more and I don't want to so I avoid talking to him as much as possible.

Kim - calling home to your son reminded me of a woman at work who let her kids stay home for the 1st time last summer w/o a babysitter. Her girl phoned her constantly, usually complaining about her brother. I could tell the woman was getting up set trying to resolve arguements over the phone. So it's not always the parents calling home! I'm trying to decide when to start up the X again. I might start it from day 1 but I also am going on vacation in Sept. and don't want to have an interuption again. Decisions, decisions.

Wendy - what the heck is a terrapin turtle? Glad you're able to concentrate and study while on vacation. I think learning anatomy was fun, especially getting to do all that colouring. Stay in the lines.:rolleyes: What flavour of ice cream did you get?

Debra - no stories of losing the girl(s) again so today must have gone well! I guess you can't get an credits for helping Wendy can you? Rats.

Hi to Laurie & Nicole

See you'all tomorrow.

Evening,
Pretty uneventful day, except there was an inmate escape from one of the camps. Have to get the scoop on it tomorrow. After work, played 9 holes with my girlfriend. Both of us golfed like ca-ca. Or poo-poo. Same thing. Either way, we stunk. Had fun anyway, can't take it too seriously. :rolleyes:

Patricia, I think that's a good idea to hold off on the X until you're ready to concentrate on it. I know I've got to have my mind right to do STS when it comes out. I'm not a big fan of pushups as I seem to feel them in my shoulder joints. Loved the pictures of your cabin. It's very cute! Will there be a deck around it? Was wondering if it floods around there as it sits off the ground a bit. I love it! Think we'll probably get a bit more conservative on our investments as retirement isn't too far off for me. I will have a stte retirement so hopefully won't have to live off the investments for a while.

Kim, thanks for the heads up on the workout. Glad you are a day ahead of me for that reason. Okay, I'll do abs on my PLB day too as I'll probably do a pyramid up premix too, so can add abs after that. No DOMS for me yet from PUB. I did the biceps 2nd in that one. The shoulder work is tougher for me too. That's my weakest part, especially the front raises. What model # are your New Balance X-trainers?

Wendy, you are so dedicated to your studies. Are you massaged out yet? Who is Rulan? Did you have any suggestions for my tight muscles above my buttocks (wish the buttocks were tight, sigh...).

Debra, glad the chicken turned out well. Is all this massage stuff making you want to study massage instead of physical therapy? I was a grasshopper again tonite, but I did mow the front lawn with the riding mower. That's got to count for something. DH wasn't motivated so neither was I.

Good night, wonder where Laurie is.

Jeanette

Finally getting a moment to post personals. Yes, I realize it's after 1:30 AM!:rolleyes:

Patti and Rulan stopped by before heading out to Ocean City to visit another friend. They went back to Philly late tonight. They didn't feel comfortable staying overnight here since there's not a lot of extra, private sleeping space. So, no massage for Debra and me tonight or tomorrow.:( I haven't had any down time to practice massaging Debra either. Hopefully, I'll get some free time to slow down and massage Debra's back and scalp tomorrow.

Jeanette: Oooo, an escapee! Thankfully, it didn't happen on your watch!!! LOL on having a good ole stink! I used to feel push-ups in my shoulder joints until that restorative yoga teacher showed me how I was doing my chatarungas incorrectly back in June. I had a bad habit of placing my center of gravity (core) forward into my shoulders instead of shifting my weight back towards the toes. I tell you it made all the difference!!! Rulan is Patti's friend. He's also a massage therapist. Unfortunately, I'm not massaged out!!! I'll survive. Phil is coming down late tomorrow night. I'm hoping he takes pity on me and massages my back muscles. Speaking of which... you need to be more specific about which muscle is sore on you. When you say the muscle above your buttocks, do you mean your sacrum, side glute above the gluteal cleavage (crack) :eek:, side back, or lower back? Where does the pain start and end? There are so many muscles there, it'd be hard for me to know which one needs stretched. Before I started studying massage and anatomy, I would just lie on the floor and move my legs around until I found the perfect stretch. Lately, my Iliocostalis Lumborum has been tight from doing PT! I feel the pressure in my lower back, starting near the sacrum and left hip bone. The entire muscle is tight from raising and lowering my arms during PT. I could rub my sacrum and iliac crest (top ridge of my hip bone) back and forth all day long. It might help to reduce the pressure momentarily. However, if Phil runs his palm or elbow from my sacrum up to the top point of my scapula, that muscle will release tension and my sacrum won't feel all that pressure. <--- That was the sweet spot on my back that I was talking about last week!!! At any rate, without any book or class, I know which stretch would work from experimenting and doing poses from PY4H2. Downward dog and side bends help stretch it. Sorry, I couldn't be more help to you. But, if you figure out the name of the affected muscle, I can PM you with massage instructions for the Captain to use on you.:D I can also chat with Patti about which yoga pose would give you the most bang for your time and effort.

Patricia: The X does take a certain amount of will power. I don't know how Laurie managed to do it THREE times!!!! It would drive me CRAZY!!! I'm with Jeanette, you've got to be mentally ready to live with it. And, it's not easy!!! Well, at least not for me!!!! No coloring for me. Although, I did color the ulna, radius and hand bones once during class time. I'm more of an auditory learner... who'd have guessed? LOL I got a mocha cappuccino gelatto. YUMMY!!! Debra had a mojito instead. LOL

Kim: I'm heading back home Sunday. I've got a test Monday and Wednesday night waiting for my return. I had to chuckle about leaving your ds home for the WHOLE day. Poor guy had to deal with answering the phone all day!!! LOL Glad to hear your dog is doing better. I would have never guessed a stroke even if my dog showed all the symptoms of one. I never claimed to be an observant pet owner. ;-)

Well ladies, it's almost 2:30. I best get some sleep before the Swanettes drag me to the beach before I drink some coffee!!!

Sweet Dreams!!!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.