***Watercoolers, Thriving Thursday***

Netta

Cathlete
Morning, today I only did part of Imax2 (4 intervals) as DH got up and really wanted to watch the morning news. I had pity on him and let him, but reminded him that between 5-6 is my time to work out. Well, if he doesn't work on the back yard after our mutual fund appointment tonite, I may be able to snag some time on the bike for a short Cardio Coach workout. We'll see. Oh yes, last night I couldn't find my retainer that I've had for 30 plus years. I usually only wear it one night a week. I think it must have gotten thrown away so now I need to make an appointment for a new one. I also have an eye dr. appointment tomorrow.

Wendy, the tightness is above the fleshy part of my butt, and over the less flesh part on each side. When I think of where the tightness is, I don't think back or spine, I think hip, so very low. I get immediate relief when on the bike if I stand up on the pedals (not bend forward). The tightness only comes when climbing hills, not regular flat ground riding. Hope this helps. You crazy girl, up at 2:30 a.m.? :eek:

Hi to all,

Good morning all!!! Hope everyone is doing well this Thursday morning!! We are all getting ready to head down to the beach. I had a couple too many mojitos last night...but feeling okay this morning. I didn't eat dinner last night which only helped add to the buzz...LOL! :rolleyes:

Back later to post some personals....I am ready to hit the sand!

Oh, Jeanette, Laurie was at the State Fair yesterday...eating cheese curds...LOL! :p

Morning Coolers,

Today's workout was 4DS Biceps and Triceps. I have not been feeling the love lately for the P90X+ workouts, so I decided to change it up with the 4DS. I had a dentist appointment this morning, and I now have a brand new crown on my cracked tooth. I took a little snooze in the chair, because it takes 20 min to buff and polish the crown. :D But he said to have fun eating what I want on that side of my mouth. For two weeks I have not been able to chew gum. :mad:

We had a wonderful time at the state fair, and the cheese curds where just great! I now know where to purchase bison in our area, and am happy that a new grocery store is selling it. This store is on my way home. Only problem with this store, is it has way to many goodies to buy!

Jeanette, You and I had a short workout this morning, but mine was because of the dentist. Have a great time with your workout this evening. I'm not planning on doing a workout tonight, we have church and oldest DD wants to go to Linens-n-Things to get a comforter for her bed. Then of course we will be doing our Thursday night out! After yesterday I don't know if we should spend the money. Eating at the fair was expensive. :eek: Bummer on the retainer, throwing them away is not uncommon. My niece almost did that once. The shoes I purchased from zappos where the ones on this link. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/28065170/c/72.html These are the type of shoes that are "Faire" appropriate. Yes we have to be as authentic as we can. I was thinking that we would be getting STS around Sept too. The way August is flying by, Sept is going to be here before we can blink twice.

Debra, You asked about "TB". Apparently that relationship is a little iffy. She was gone for a week, and he was gone last week, so they have not been chatting on the phone. Will see how it goes this week, but I think the bloom is off the rose since she meet other boys on her trip to PR. :D Not complaining at all!

Wendy, I would have loved to see Debra stepping to Buttercup. Bet she did a great job of it too. I have not done a step workout in such a long time that I don't think I could even step! :D

Kim, I was just as bad the first time my youngest DD was home alone. She of course did just fine, but I was nervous all day long. The only time she has been upset about staying by herself is when there is a storm brewing.

Patricia, Hope you start feeling better, and P90X will be there for you when you get the energy. ;)

So my DB asked me if I wanted to play indoor vb this year! I have not played indoor for quite a few years, but I sure enjoy it more than sand. So now I need to make a decision as to if I should or not. It would mean getting some knee pads. Wonder how the old knees will like the hard courts. :confused: Oh, and the best part is his wife will not be playing. Have a mentioned that I really don't like her all that much!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi all!! We spent ALL day at the beach today. Wendy got some lovely pics of what not to wear to the shore :eek:...but we also got a lot of cute pics of the girls!! We've made it to Thursday without killing each other or any of our children, so we are doing pretty good...LOL. Phil is coming up tonight, so we will have him to play with tomorrow too!

Laurie....
Sorry to hear about the dentist visit, but at least you are all better now! So, TB is falling to the wayside....Young love is so fleeting, isn't it??? :rolleyes: Glad you guys had a good time at the fair. Ours don't start until late fall in the South. Good luck with those knees on the hard court...I don't think mine could take it!

Jeanette...
Sorry that you lost your retainer...funny, though that you are still wearing it after all these years! I threw mine away as soon as I could...probably why my teeth are still a little crooked! I think Wendy has isolated your muscle issue...I am sure she will be on later to give you her expert opinion. I am sure that with just a couple of more golf lessons from the pro, your game will improve drastically! I thought of you yesterday when we drove past a driving range. I also saw the courses that CBL was talking about a couple of weeks ago....You will have to come and try them out!

Patricia...
It sometimes takes a while to get back into working out after a break...ask one who knows...ME!! :rolleyes: I am sure you will get back into the swing of things soon. The X is an incredibly vigorous routine. And I think, hard to stick to....so good luck...And let us know what we can do to help!

Kim...
PUB always gives me the worst DOMS!! I guess that could be a good thing... or not...LOL! The Divaactually starts school a week after me...I start on the 19th and she starts on the 25th. Hope PLB went well and that you are feeling that one as well. :p

Okay...that is it for me now...Wendy has just arrived with 'beverage' provisions for the evening...so that we can welcome Phil here in style!

Good Evening All:

Just finished up the cardio only portion of LIS from 4DS. Made a new pasta salad recipe for a pot luck after BB tomorrow night. Our manager has invited us all back to his house afterwards for a BBQ and he has a hottub that I'm looking forward to using! Brent is taking Friday off to meet the tapers at the cottage tomorrow and not sure if he'll be back in time to look after Matthew b/4 BB so hired a sitter from next door. Used her last Thurs. for the 1st time and she worked out well.

Does anyone know if Balkan yogurt is the same as Greek yogurt? Must look it up in the net. I had to substitute the Balkan yogurt b/c the Greek yogurt is not mainstream up here. I've only just started to hear about it on this forum. Anyhow, I tasted the salad and it seems fine to me. Won't tell anyone they're guinea pigs until I hear the reviews.:p

Jeanette - how exciting an escapee. Was he caught. I guess it's only exciting if they get caught in the end and no harm is done. Our cottage is only up so high in order to see over a hill in front of it to the water. We will be putting a deck pretty much around the whole cottage and it'll come out fairly far, almost to the hill. It was a bit of a steep walk down to the water until we finally got proper stairs built. Not a long walk by anymeans, maybe only 15 or so risers. Not like some cottages I've seen where you would hate to get to the dock and realized you forgot something up top! I guess we can only golf like Tiger if we got to practice all day long too so us lesser mortals will have good days along with the bad:( Well, 30 years for the retainer - I think you got a lot of mileage out of that one. I wonder if our mouth changes anyhow over that period of time and it would have been a good idea to replace it.

Wendy - hope you're enjoying your reunion with Phil. Sounds like everyone will need a vacation from the vacation.

Debra - liquid dinners = 0 calories is my philosophy based on the frequency of my w/r breaks. How can anything stick to the hips if it goes thru that fast! Where are the pics?

Laurie - doesn't sound like the dentis was too traumatic. I was just thinking today I have to book an appt. Have not been in a year since we moved and not looking forward to finding a new one, especially for Matthew's 1st visit. I had my last dentist for 18yrs. Went to see my dr today to get a referral about a mole that's developed on my cheek so hope to get in to see the dermatoligist quickly. I much prefer VB in the sand. On the court even with knee pads I would never dive. Just the thought of falling on the court makes me cringe in agony.:(

Kim - hope you had a good day

Will try to pop in and say hi tomorrow during the day.

Hi girls,
Well, I finally got some of that shoveling done. More to come though. Therefore, no bike workout. Tomorrow night is a golf lesson from 4:30 to 5:30 so if I have time and energy, may do a Cardio Coach after that. Or may ride on Saturday if time allows. DH is going to Reno tomorrow night to be with DS, go see the classic cars at Hot August Nights, and do some shopping on Saturday. I have to stay home and wait for the DishTV installer.

Kim, enjoy that hot tub tomorrow! Pasta salad sounds great. So far, the inmate hasn't been captured. He was due to be deported back to Mexico so guess he didn't want to go. All his property had already been shipped back to the institution so they feel he's still out there wandering in the forest. Hope they get him soon. Okay, thanks for the explanation on the height of the cottage. Will look awesome with the deck I'm sure. My DH used to be a sheetrocker and taper years ago, for a living. I hate the sheetrock dust all over when they are sanding. Yuk. I'm thinking you are probably right about needing a new retainer anyway. My appointment is next Monday. LIS is a fun one. I don't even think I got as long a cardio workout this morning with DH wanting to watch the news this morning. I tell you what, I'm not going to allow that to happen too many times. He'll come to expect it.

Debra, all day at the beach. Are you girls all tan? I think it will take many many golf lessons before I'm even decent. It really is a tough game. Who'd have thunk it? How were the beverages tonite? I've got to have a Mojita sometime. A Mojita while golfing sounds like fun to me. Might as well be drinking if you're playing poorly.

Laurie, glad you had a great time at the State Fair. The fried cheese curds sound soooo good. Are they greasy? I really liked the 4DS when I did it the second time around. I like the length of the workouts. How was your time tonite after church with your girls? Has it been a change having your DH on the different work hours? I don't know about volleyball on the hard floor. Seems to me like it would be harder on the knees, but maybe you won't get the torque that sand gives from the instability. So Patricia used to play too. Well, that's 3 of us here. I used to love to play and would sometimes ditch my college Calculus class. Of course, I flunked that class. Nice shoes! Has it been really hot for all of you at the faires?

Okay, have to go to work 30 minutes earlier to go to a meeting so must get my caboose to bed. Think I have PLB on top for tomorrow (with abs too, right Kim?)

Wendy, hope you are getting that back massage from Phil. How's the hair color holding up?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.