***Watercoolers, Tenacious Tuesday***

Netta

Cathlete
Morning,
This morning I did 2 STS 1rpm's. Must do a couple few every day I suppose. Also did about 7 intervals from Imax2, modifying impact, which I find myself doing more and more. I finished with about 10 minutes of stretching. Hoping this helps with the tightness in the hips/lower back. Feels pretty good right now. Will be busy at work today. I like going in at 7 and getting off at 3. Have a bike ride with a neighbor girlfriend at 4:30. Hoping to practice my golf swing in the front yard. Didn't get to last night as I was helping DH.

Where is Laurie? Yoohoo?

hi

Hi guys,

Just popping out of lurkdom to say Hi to everyone. I keep reading about doing the 1 rm tests and I guess I'd better get myself in gear. I looked at that list and it seems so daunting!

Jeanette - Sorry about the tight hips and back, it's no fun is it?

Sliding back into cyberspace.....

Tracy:eek:

It's not fair to get a yucky head cold while on holidays:( I have such a sore throat and stuffy nose. I was going to post yesterday and ended up napping. Did get GS Chest/Triceps done and added abs from Leaner Legs. We took the kids mini golfing in the afternoon and after my nap I took them shoe shopping for school.

This morning my dd is up bright and early because my mom is taking her birthday shopping/out for lunch. She's so excited. If I feel better later I will do KPC.

Jeanette- That's so funny about your DH's golfing. Who knew? Have you ever golfed a whole game with him?

Patricia That's great that your team is giving the credit you deserve!

Wendy Thanks for asking about Bandit. She got groomed yesterday, I felt bad making her go through that but she REALLY needed it after having been sick. She smelled so bad. She seems more frisky with the short hair but without all her fur you can see how poorly her back legs are doing.

I'm glad that you had such a great birthday!

Debra Glad the first day went well! Did you get your cardio done yesterday?

Waving to Laurie!! Nice to see Tracy pop by again

Kim

Hi all!! Sorry I never got back yesterday. I got busy with some of my homework...and of course, I worked out too!! :p I did CW...just the cardio and the abs...plus some of my 1RMs. I am feeling a little tired today...so I think I will just do the shoulders from SH and my 1RMs for the day and that will be it. I think I have a full rest day scheduled tomorrow. I was going to do yoga today.....but I don't think my legs can take it, so I will add it on later this week. :rolleyes: I am definitely feeling more hungry from working out more....but so far, my weight has remained pretty stable. :)

CBL is coming over tonight....we are watching one of the Harry Potter's with the Diva....and I am making chicken and fresh corn on the cob.

Just a couple of quick personals...and then I really need to get one of my assignments done. I am heading over to Greensboro (the land of the international airport....lol :rolleyes:) to go to an outdoor mall with my mom.....Just need to pick up a couple of things.

Anyhoo...personals....

Jeanette...
I can't believe Arnie hasn't signed your budget yet...WTF?? I hope you don't really get paid minimum wage 'cause that would bite the big weinie!! :mad: Sounds like DH is moving along with his project. And what a good wife you have been to help!! :p I did get my car fixed....just got it back last week after getting back from Wendy's. Did not talk to my lawyer...and I am getting increasingly frustrated with that! :mad: Have fun on your ride this afternoon!

Tracy...
Nice to see you pop by. There is a big list for 1 RM...I have just been doing the exercises from the STS dvds...and that has narrowed things down a bit...There are still some things that I am not quite sure what they are by the title of the exercise....so I am leaving those until last. :p There are also a lot of exercises listed that have nothing to do with weights (like push ups and band work), so I am guessing we don't have to do those to be ready for STS. :confused: Hope you are doing well! Have you started back to work for the fall yet?? :(

Kim, Wendy, and Patricia....I will have to catch up with you guys this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great morning and I will be back to check on everyone later!! :)

Laurie...Where are you???????

Morning Coolers,

I just have enough time for a quick chat. Sorry to be off the chat yesterday, but I'm very very busy here at work. Going to a new finanical system, and having some problems getting a report to work correctly. :mad:

Hope everyone is doing great.

Laurie

Hey!

A fly by post until I get home. It's been crazy trying to get ready for the twin's birthdays. Be back tonight for personals.

Wendy

Just finished up KPC so finished week 2 of Cathe's August rotation. Nothing too exciting here today, helped DH stain the fence, went to the library, mom stopped by for a visit after taking dd out. Had a nap while DH make dinner. The most exciting thing was going by the travel agent's office and paying off our cruise :D:D I had collected airmiles and so was able to pay half off with points so keeping the cost down. The travel agent was a big Disney fan too who has been on the cruises so we had a nice chat and it got me all excited for the trip.

My mom bought dd a Nintendo ds plus some HSM stuff and some pjs. So she is busy playing her new game tonight. I got the confirmation call from the surgical clinic for next week's OR and ds is going to be IN the OR for 1.5 hrs. For some reason that really threw me, I work in a surgical area and most surgeries really aren't that long, that seems really long to me. He will be in recovery for 4 hrs after. I'll be sure to bring at least 2 good books to read. My mom also bought him a post-op gift, a vibrating gamer's chair that you hooks up to your playstation/Wii the moves with the game. ;) He had tried his cousin's and really like it but she's going to surprise him after the surgery with it. My mom can drive me crazy but she sure is great with her grandkids.

Debra Homework already?? What kind of homework just reading or do you have a project ?

So Wendy you have birthday girls this week too?? How old are they ?? Amanda is turning 8 on the 21st. How come when your that age it becomes a birthday week rather than a birthday day?? DD had a special day with one grandma today, and on Thurs her other grandma and greatgrandman are taking her swimming, lunch and bike shopping. Then her birthday sleepover with her friends is on Saturday. LOL

Jeanette Hope you getting some golfing time tonight!

Laurie Hope work settles done soon, is the new financial system going to take a lot of work to get use to??

DH has been doing great with his running, he's been running about 4 times a week he's up to 10 miles. So much easier for him with having holidays and nice weather.

Kim

Evening All

Just finished watching Shear Genius and b/4 that I did Slim Series - Mix it Up. Seem to be on a SS kick this week. http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined

Jeanette - thanks for the site. It was super easy to paste in here. Just have to figure out how to size the smiley smaller. Good to see you kept your promise to yourself and started the 1 rm. I think about it after my vacation next month. By then we might have a better idea when we will be seeing it in our mail box hopefully.

Kim - I feel for you. I just got thinking earlier today it feels so good to be back to normal again. I found taking allergy pills everyday has helped me. There is so much ragweed around here I think I'll take it for the next month. I usually only need it for a few days here and there. Gee that does sound like a long time in surgery. I'm sure everything will go well, but that's a long time to be sitting for you. Hope your books keep you occupied. We in the middle of looking into booking a cruise now. Never thought about my airmiles. Will have to look into that.

Wendy - having fun planning a birthday party or are the girls too old for that?

Deb - love love love corn on the cob. Had it just this past weekend. If I could eat it every day I would probably be a happy camper. Hope you got to your homework. Do you go to class just once / week? What kind of schedule do you have?

Laurie - I can empathize with you. We got a new acctg system Feb07 and boy it was a pain trying to figure out where to go looking for reports and then verifying that they were accurate. Even 1.5yrs on it I can still be lost. I was on our old system for about 10yrs so knew everything backwards and forwards and then had to start from scratch almost. Oh well, thats life. Hope you don't get too frustrated.

Okay, off to bed for me.

Hi all,
Helped DH with the patio today after riding 18 miles with my neighbor. We have all the gravel laid. I need to order some sand and find out about renting a plate vibrator (must remember not to say I want to rent a vibrator LOL).

Patricia, glad the smiley site works for you. There are lots more sites. Guess I need to pick out a couple more STS exercises to 1 rpm tomorrow before my leg workout. It wasn't so bad after all. Sounds like you are enjoying the SS. I own that series and found them effective after doing my one and only P90X rotation.

Kim, what a great feeling to pay off the cruise today. Yes, that seems like a long time in surgery for your DS. I will be praying for him on the 25th. Sure nice when our DH's can cook. Mine is a good one. I only seem to cook when we go camping, which we will be doing for Labor Day coming up weekend after next. No, DH hasn't golfed a game at all with me. I was doing so poorly the other night and frustrated, I should have just handed the clubs to him.

Wendy, when is the birthday party? Are you planning a lavish affair for them?

Laurie, always trying going to a new system. The California Dept. of Corrections is supposed to incorporate something big later this year.

Debra, your dinner sounds great. That CBL is a keeper, isn't he? Glad the car is fixed now. Hope you had a good time with your Mom at the mall.

Tracy, yep, the STS 1rm list seems overwhelming. I'll just do a couple every day. You would be proud, I did some extensive stretching after my bike ride tonite. Feels pretty good now, though later on I had to shovel and use the pick, which didn't help anything.

Night all,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.