***Watercoolers, Tenacious Tuesday***

Netta

Cathlete
Morning,
Today was KPC Cardio Conditioning premix, 30 minutes. I have a bike ride tonite so that will finish out my cardio for the day. Today called for a leg workout, but I have my bike ride tonite, plus I need to go into work early this morning and just wasn't enough time. Will do legs tomorrow.

BBL to see wassup with everyone.

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was what I was going to do yesterday. :( I was just to dang lazy to do the workout yesterday. So I ran 2 miles with Cami, and did 4DS Chest & Back. Good workout though!

Have to get to the library tonight, and that is about all the excitment I will have for the night. :)

Jeanette, Hope your day goes better than yesterdays. Dang on the office closing at 2:30. Why on a Monday would you close early. Our eye dr. has some really strange hours too, so I always have to call before I go there. I don't have a recipe for crab cakes, I usually only have them when I eat out. Yep the faire season is on it's downward swing. I have this feeling that we may have a new queen next year. If our current one keeps up the diva attitude, she may not be back next year.

Debra, Before you went on vacation you asked about running. I didn't want to post anything until you got back. My best advice is to go to runners world and use there beginner walk/run program. http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/smartcoach/beginner/0,7146,s6-238-277-278-0,00.html or if you are able to run fairly well try their smart coach program. I have been using this, and love it. http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/smartcoach/1,7148,s6-238-277-278-0-0-0,00.html Another thing that was helpful for me was this TM conversion http://www.teambeast.org/training/treadmilleffort.doc

Wendy, Congrats on passing that test with flying colors. ;) Sorry to hear about DD's ear, hope the meds help her. So you highly recommend the liquid diet. :D I think I like that idea too.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning Ladies,

After my test, we had a guest demonstrate Lomi Lomi (a Hawaiian massage). It was very interesting. I may take a workshop for it. I want to get a Lomi Lomi massage before making a decision.

Laurie: Good job!!! Just push play where you're at in life. You're not behind. You're right where you need to be!:) Liquid diets are fun. :D Too bad all fad diets fail eventually.:mad:

Jeanette: OMW! It would have KILLED me to keep my thoughts to myself while Phil was doing a home improvement project. Once the project is successful, he'll ask why I didn't have confidence in what he was doing. I can't help it! I've got to make sure he knows what he's doing. I've caught him in too many mistakes in the past to let it slide. :D I'll do my best to figure out what stretch can help you. I'd say a bike ride tonight is a great sub for a KPC cardio conditioning premix.

Okay ladies, I've gotta get ready to head to Harrisburg. The school needs some paperwork from me.

Hi to all who follows!!!

Chat more later.

Wendy

Good morning all....Sorry I never got back to post yesterday...but I actually got a short workout in, so I thought you would all understand!!! I did LIS from 4DS...and I am glad to tell you that my butt nor my knee hurt this morning!!! Yeah!! :) I will do some sort of upper body weight work today. I must head out to the grocery store since I am out of everything!

Just a couple of quickie personals....back later for the real deal!

Wendy...
WooHoo on your fantastic grade on your test!!!!! I knew you would do awesome! How did the rest of the class do?? :rolleyes:

Jeanette...
I am proud of you, little grasshopper!! :p Have fun on your ride tonight!

Laurie...
Thanks for posting the running links...I will take a look at those later today. :)

Okay...must run for now...I really should be able to get back for personals this afternoon...CBL came over last night...but I think he is going to his place tonight. It has been a really good reunion....gosh, the way I talk, you would think we were away from each other for a month...LOL!!

See you all later...and hope everyone has a great day!!

It's quiet around the watercooler today.

Good news! I found the paperwork my school needed a few minutes before I was about to drive to Harrisburg.

I'm about to take off for that monthly meeting at school. Then I have to stop at the grocery store and pick up some herbs de province seasoning. I think that's how it's spelled.

Tonight I've gotta teach Phil some new PT exercises to do with me. joy. I promise to be sufficiently caffeinated!!!;)

Debra/CBL...
Are you guys going to watch the Flipping Out reunion in your own beds? Phil and I will be watching it while drinking the wine you left.:) Oh! I'm so happy your glutes and hammies didn't flare up with 4DS. Gives me reassurance that I didn't mess you up. :eek: Your glutes probably just needed a break from Cathe and CBL.:eek:

Okay Ladies! Off I go to mediate. ;) Remind me to talk to you all about my thoughts on lower body weights/high impact cardio and how that may cancel my STS order.

Wendy

Sorry, haven't been around much the last few days. Nothing too exciting, going on here. I took Sun/Monday as rest days and today did GSL and CM3. DH and the kids are off on holidays this week and when I get home from work they have all sorts of plans for me in the evenings. ;) Work has been really busy this week too, I don't know where all these patients come from, never any shortage of injured people. Seeing lots of prisoners the last few days. This is my last week of work and then I have 2 weeks of holidays!!:D:D

Wendy Congrats on the A! What a great start to your massage career. Is it quiet at home with out the kids? So how come you might cancel STS?? I'll have to check out the pics when I have a minute. How's dd's ear?? I'm so glad that you were able to do yoga with out a sore shoulder!!

Debra- That's great that you 're not having any pain after your workout. How sweet of CBL to make you dinner when you got home!

Jeanette-I did have such a dreary Monday. It rained all day and I had no energy after work. Ended up taking kids to Walmart to buy school supplies instead of working out. Sounds like your getting some good exercise in with the shovelling, do you have lots left to do?? Hoe you had a better day at work today! I had a little giggle about the gold panning, ds did some when we were up in the Yukon, didn't seem very exciting to me. I couldn't believe the tiny tiny little chips of gold that he could keep for only $5.

Patricia Did you get to play the double header on Sunday? I don't have trouble with calf pain with PLB. I rarely get DOMS in my lower body, I think because of my running. I would think that tight calf muscles could cause PF

Laurie Sounds like the summer is starting to wind down for you. When are your girls back to school??

Kim

Hi! Finally back for a chat. Another busy day for me...grocery store...ugh...visit to my mom's which turned into lunch...errand for CBL...laundry (will it ever end??)...cleaned out the fridge and pantry...changed the bed sheets....and an actual workout, if you can believe that!! :p I did the MM premix upper body only. Shuush..my shoulders are still feeling it!! I did some measurements this morning...and I am down a half inch in my waist and my hips....everything else stayed about the same. I have such a thick waist...it is always a problem area for me :mad:.

Okay.....onto some personals....

Wendy...
Noticed you posted your butt picture but none of the 'what not to wear' ones...LOL!! Julia is missing your girls a lot. Thanks for getting the pics posted since I am having a problem with my computer....It won't load up ANY dvds/cds...ugh. I will have to take the CD to an actual photo store to have them printed...I am so lazy, I just don't feel like doing it...LOL! So what is a Hawaiian massage like?? Sounds kind of interesting. Please don't yell at Phil while he is trying to help you with your pt...poor guy...LOL! :eek: Hope you guys enjoy the wine tonight! I was laughing when I saw your dual post...I guess now CBL and I are the twins...lol. I thought you were going to steal the herbs de provence from MIL!

Laurie...
Sometimes those workouts just get away from you, don't they??? I bet Cami was glad to have her running partner back today! I think the weight work in 4DS is really good. I am sure you felt the burn. It sounds like it is a good thing that TB is out of the picture...What is the nickname for the new one?? :rolleyes: I still haven't had a chance to check out those sites, but I am going to bookmark them for a time when I am not so tired that I can actually digest the information. When do your girls start back to school?? DD started back to regular dance class today....but school doesn't start for her for another couple of weeks....but the public schools here go back either this week or next. Seems so early.

Jeanette...
I am sure that the leg workout can wait another day. Sounds like you did plenty of legs already!! Shoveling works the legs, too, right?? What a good wife you were to keep your mouth shut when it comes to DH's patio abilities....good luck keeping it sipped...LOL! Polly was definitely happy to see us....but the Tick wasn't too happy to see her...LOL! Julia has to go back to the doctor in 3 months to see if the extra fluid intake has helped the concentration of calcium in her urine...so we're kind of just waiting to see now.

Sending a couple of shout outs to Patricia and Kim!!!! Where are you???? Did I miss something while on vacation??? Hope all is well with your worlds.

I guess that does it for me tonight...I am going to watch a movie for a bit...and then hit the hay. I am going to need a good night's sleep for my muscles to recover from MM today....They aren't used to working that hard!!!! See you all in the morn...Have a good night!

Hi Kim...
See that you posted right before me...Glad to hear that everything is okay! Sounds like the family is keeping you busy...lol! :p Woo Hoo on the upcoming holiday!! Do you guys have any big plans?? I guess the good (and the bad) thing about your job, is that there is always some idiot getting himself hurt...Lots of job security that way :rolleyes:! I read your post the other day about you having the bus murderer in your hospital....That is so scary!!! I hope you are not having to deal with him at all. What a horrendous crime. :( Very tragic and almost unbelievable. Have a great evening with the family!!

Evening, can't stay on long as I need to get to bed early. Going to flex my schedule for a while to go inan hour earlier. Love getting off at 3 p.m. Have golf tomorrow at 5 with a girlfriend. Today's bike ride was a tough climb in the heat. The downhill was very nice and I just relaxed instead of pushing for more speed. Did some shoveling when I got back home. Not a lot as DH was running the backhoe in that area.

Debra, great job on the inches lost! I think I found them! LOL! You got lots done today, makes me tired! Is it tough getting Julia to drink more fluids? I have a tough time lately drinking enough. I've also gone on strike from taking any vitamins or supplements, though I know I need to. I'm just a little rebel here lately. When STS comes, I'm going to get my mind right and just do it. That MM is a good one. Shoveling definitely works the back muscles, or tires them out anyway. I take long breaks though...:D

Kim, glad you are back. Seems like you northerners have had lots of rain. Still so darned dry here. Think DH will get the patio area close to flat tomorrow. Can't believe he's removed so much dirt. I just keep picturing how nice it will be to have a place to BBQ on later. The gold panning is definitely my DH's passion, not mine. I just go to read magazines, drink Snapple tea and relax.

Wendy, now you've got to tell us your thoughts on STS. Spill it... So how did Phil do with the PT exercises? I kept my mouth shut again tonite about the earth moving. Seems like it's just going from one side to the other. He's trying really hard so I just need to trust that he'll get there on it.

Laurie, is this queen a new one? I thought you had a queen that was getting a little long in the tooth. I looked up some crab cake recipes. I'll find something and try it out sometime. I tend to steer clear of dozens of ingredients. Simple is what I like.

Well, I'd better get ready for bed. I love my MyChelle products. I now have the skin of a 20 year old (like Wendy).;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.