***Watercoolers, Swimsuit Tugging Tuesday****

Netta

Cathlete
Hi all,
Today was my first day of Cathe's August rotation. I did BM2 cardio only timesaver. Fun, though I had to stop the player once to clean it. I still need to buy another player someday. Tonite is a bike ride with the ladies. Should be a hill climb. Also shoveling when I get back from that. :confused:

Morning All:

Jeanette - I don't know how you do it? Cardio in the morning and evening + shovelling! Please give me some of your energy. LOL

Back to work today and business as usual. Our cottage is on Turtle Lake and yes we have seen the odd turtle over the years. Just don't want to see one go swimming by me when I'm in the water. Have to be careful you don't drive over one on the road. We often see deer while driving in and there are sitings of bear but luckily we have not seen one but we have people telling us they have seen them on our property or the neighbours.:eek: One night we were driving in late and this owl just swooped down and landed on the road in front of us. We stopped in time and just sat there for a few minutes and watched it staring back at us in the head lights. It was the most magnificent thing to see. It took its sweet time taking off again too.

Kim - I agree with you about the extra work at the cottage but since we've been building for the last 7-8 years it all been work. I'm waiting for the days where it is just repairs. Thankfully we don't have grass so no weekly maintenance.

Okay, gotta get back to work.

Morning Coolers,

This morning was a 5 mile Tempo Run, and was I ever drenched when I was finished. Very humid here this morning, but it is suppose to get better later today.

Tomorrow we are heading to the State Fair, so if you don't hear from me until later that is the reason why. I will be eating non-clean foods. I'm all ready for those fried cheese curds. :D

Jeanette, You got it on the weekends taking it out of you. My feet are still a little sore today, but at least I don't have the bruised toes like I did last year. I purchased new shoes from zappos.com, and they are the best shoes I have ever had at faire. What are you shoveling? The first thing I thought of was snow! :eek:

Patricia, Sorry to hear it is back to work for you today. I was excited to have a break in my week to just go to the fair. Makes the week go a little bit quicker. I was never a phone talker either, but both of my DD would be yacking on the dang thing all day long if I let them. What Nascar race is your DH heading to this fall? I just watched the Sunday race yesterday. :)

Wendy, Sounds like everyone is having a great time at the beach. So glad none of the Swanettes have gone missing. I'm not surprised that the Diva is now an official Swanette! Oh how I wish I was with all of you to, the seafood alone would be a draw! ;)

Debra, How was the fake Jimmy Buffett concert?

Kim, Glad your DS had a fun time at camp. Sorry to hear about Bandit though, how is she doing today? I kind of wish that DD was just doing the e-mail thing with these new friends of hers. One of them is a boy, but dang am I glad that he is in NY. :) Right now oldest DD is busy making these braclets that are made with floss. The girls from NY showed DD how to make them so you can put you name on it. She was busy yesterday making one for her cousin. DH stopped at Michaels to pick up a floss kit for her to.

Guess we may be getting our STS workouts soon, since the pre-sale is ending on the 18th.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well. We went out to breakfast this morning with Wendy's MIL, and then the Diva and I went for a long walk and did some shopping. Had to get some souveniers!! :cool: Now we are back at the condo and I am getting ready to take all the Swans to the beach....Hopefully, I won't lose any today!!!

Jeanette...
The crab was yummo last night :D!! Wish you could have been here to enjoy it with us! Have fun on your bike ride this evening...and little grasshopper, get that shoveling done...lol!!

Patricia...
Love the pics of the cottage...It is going to be a wonderful retreat for you guys when it gets done.

Laurie...
have a fabulous time at the State Fair...You Wisconson folks and your cheese curds...LOL!! :rolleyes: The faux JB concert was a lot of fun...They sang "Buttercup" and Wendy took a video of me doing the step routine from Cardio and Weights...that she is threatening to post on You Tube...Hopefully she won't figure out how to do that!! How is TB doing???

Kim...
Hope Bandit is doing better!! I love Step Blast...one of my favorite Cathe steps!!

Okay, ladies...Gotta run...all the Swans have on their suits and are waiting for me!! Hope everyone has a great evening!

MIL left this afternoon. Debra and I hated to see our free sitter abandon us!!!

Sent the Swans with Debra to the beach. I'm making stuffed chicken for dinner, posting, doing homework and studying anatomy in peace and quiet.

Jeanette, Looks like you and Kim will be doing the same rotation this month. Nice to have company, eh. I'll be sure to blow in your direction tonight. Have fun on the hills!!!

Laurie: ^^5^^ for running 5 miles in the humidity. Debra and I ran last night. We ran, what seemed like 3 miles, for extra beer in my MIL's car.:D It was a good little workout in 3.5" platform heels.:rolleyes: I hear ya on the non-clean foods. I had a short stack of pancakes this morning for breakfast, and it wasn't protein!!! I'm working on figuring out how to upload video onto my computer. Debra was stepping butt slap happy when they sany Buttercup!!!:eek:

Patricia: The cottage looks like a great place to spend family time when your ds is older!!

Kim: How's your dog doing? Is your ds settled back into the routine of daily life?

Gotta go baste the chicken and hit the books.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!

Wendy

Just finished PUB and my arms are toast so this will be a very short post!:confused:

Jeanette Wow, you have lots of energy. I bet you sleep well tonight!

Wendy WTG studying on your vacation! I'm glad that you're having so much fun! DS was home one night and now he's off to football practice and then his cousin's for a sleepover :rolleyes: He was home alone for the whole day for the first time today! He's been home for a couple of hours but not for the whole day. I had camps,etc arranged for him while I worked this summer except for 2 days so I thought he could try it alone. I checked on him twice, DH once, my mom once and my sister once. LOL Poor guy spent the whole day answering the phone, he was very patient with all his neurotic family and he survived the day alone!

Debra Do we get to see that video??

Patricia How neat about the owl! We have seen many bears and deers at the cottage. We just have the little black bears which aren't very dangerous though. Did you get P90X restarted? Is your cold all gone?

Laurie WTG on getting the run in even with the heat! DD has discovered Michaels and loves to go to browse.

For those who asked Bandit seems to be back to her old self. I really thought we might lose her over the weekend. I think it must have been a TIA (small stroke) as she couldn't even seem to get her tongue coordinated to drink water and she keep falling to one side. I would hate ds to be home alone if it happened again.. :(

Hi gals,
Had a good bike climb after work, 3 of us rode. Weather was a little humid, which is different for us. Anyway, we did 17 miles, with 1/2 of it being uphill. Got home and did dishes, hit some whiffle golf balls, folded laundry, odds and ends. No shoveling today as DH had a dr. appointment and it put him home late. Oh well, tomorrow is another day... Have my weekly Wednesday golf game (9 holes) with a girlfriend tomorrow after work.

Kim, you've probably noticed that I SAY I'm going to do something but lots of times don't,:confused: like the shoveling tonite. He did show me what I need to do and it's no big deal. Just didn't feel like doing it tonite. I guess I have to do all of PUB tomorrow, huh? Usually I do the up only premix, but guess Cathe intends for us to do the whole thing :eek:. My arms will be so fatigued I won't be able to do pikes on the ball for sure! LOL about your son spending the day answering the phone calls of inquiring parents/relatives. He really sounds like one great kid. Glad your Bandit is doing okay. Makes me feel so bad when our pets don't feel well.

Wendy, how was the stuffed chicken? How are the massages going? Yes, I'm glad Kim's doing the same rotation. You would be proud of me as I did some stretching after my BM2 step workout this morning. I just feel sooooo tight in my hips above my glutes when I'm cycling. Any good stretches you can recommend?

Debra, pancakes and crabs, my favorites! I'm still a grasshopper, no shoveling done today.

Laurie, I'm shoveling (or supposed to be) plain old dirt. It's just dirt near the edge of the deck that would be tough and time consuming for DH to get out with the backhoe. I'm needing to buy another pair of New Balance X-trainer shoes. Yumm, fried cheese curds. They sound really good. I'm a sucker for cheese. What kind of shoes did you get for Faire? Do you really think we are getting STS soon? I'm thinking it's still going to be a while, but hoping for September.

Patricia, I didn't get to see your interior pics of the cabin. Could you post the link again? I love seeing big birds. They are amazing so I can imagine how it was to see the owl so up close and personal. I'm not always so energetic, especially on Mondays.

Must get to bed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.