***Watercoolers, Meandering Monday***

Netta

Cathlete
Or will it be monotonous Monday? Probably not, as Mondays are usually busy for me.
6.gif
Hoping the Governor signed the state budget this weekend so we can get out of hovering mode at work.

Today I did lots of stretching and also did a new golf fitness DVD. My hips feel a little better. I think I have very tight hamstrings that pull on my back. Must work on those more diligently or I'm going to look like an old lady soon.

Not sure what I'm doing after work today. I'd like to go to the golf course and just golf a round by myself and relax. We'll see if DH is working on the project. It's looking better, though I had my doubts for a while there.
1.gif

Last edited:
Hi Jeanette - just back from reading your last post. Wow, that must have been exciting to hit so well. Don't you hate it when some people seem to just have a natural talent? (but hate in a good way). I made some pretty good contact last night and even the Ump asked me how long I had been playing. If he only really new I've only ever played for fun starting about 12 yrs ago. But I used to play real soft ball, none of this pitch to your own team that I'm playing now. Plus playing co-ed helps to bring your game up a notch I think. Just love the game and I'm a tomboy at heart. I think the team has played together for a few years but since we're doing so well this year I asked what's the difference. Me and another guy are new and I think we've brought the ability of the team up a notch. Anyhow, I know they've given me some credit so I'm taking it:D:D

;)Good Morning Ladies,

Got home around 2 in the morning. Then I stayed up till after 4 downloading music.:cool:

Jeanette...
Glad your hips are feeling better from stretching out your hamstrings. Hopefully, I'll remember to ask my teacher about it tonight. I can understand how your dh would enjoy panning for gold. I think dh would be out there panning if we lived in an old gold rush area. Instead, he drives to Atlantic City whenever the gold bug bites.:rolleyes: At least the Captain has a better chance of striking it rich!!!:D

Debra...
How was your first day of physics? Did you feel me sending you positive vibes?:) Or was I too late and you were hit with them on the way out the door?:eek: BTW, I was on the no ice cream team. Not because I was watching my diet. You know I'm lactose intolerant. In your dream, either I was pouting (not prideful) or I was eating frozen yogurt.:) We must be cycling half sisters this month. Without Traci here to keep track of my cycle, I need to go back and figure out if TTOM came early this month. Thankfully, I wasn't hormonal this time around... only back/sacrum pain and tiredness. Oh, you survived the baby shower with evil delight. LOVE it!!!!:D:D:D

Kim...
The torture we mothers have to go through!!!:D You should tell your co-worker who thinks you're a horrible mother that you didn't sit in the airconditioned car or house during the game like I would have!!!;) How's Bandit. I knew a family who paid thousands of dollars on chemo for their dog.

Patricia...
How long does BB last? Would they already declare ya'll the winners and let the party begin?:D Actually, I enjoyed the style in which my birthday was spent. I received homemade cards from the Swans, shopped, ate the best pizza in town, drank a couple of Coronas, ate my favorite carrot cake, took a long nap, watched the presidential candidates discuss their views on faith and politics, and woke up to dinner cooked by my wonderful dh. I was surrounded by people who love me despite all my issues.:D I couldn't have asked for a better day.:):):)

Laurie...
No squash?:confused: What is wrong with your family? :eek:;) Tell your dh CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!! If you're feeling Lindyish, you can always remind him of my weight AND muscle loss. That might motivate him to get on his bike.:D;) We'll both have to learn how to upload videos onto YouTube. I'd love to watch this year's videos of faire pictures put to music!!!

I'm going to see if I can go to the Body World exhibit at Atlantic City with Patti and another lady. I don't know if dd will let me cancel another art lesson. I may just go with Phil. He can gamble while I check out the preserved Addys and Arnolds (opposite of Addys).:rolleyes:

I think there's a winking smilie accidentally inserted somewhere in this post. I'm typing on my laptop... anything can happen!!!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Another survival!

So, first of all....Thanks Patricia for making sure I was awake this morning!! I think I must have heard you yelling at me...LOL! :D There was a bit of a parking snafu on campus today and without getting into the gory details...I found a space after almost running over a campus-cop-wannabe and having him threaten to 'get' me. :rolleyes: I think physics will be okay...Thank you for the vibes Wendy! :) Not as much math as i was expecting....more concepts...which I should (hopefully) be able to handle relatively well. There will be some math...but not a ton. The professor seemed nice and approachable, so that is a good thing too.:)

Let's see...I have cardio on the books for today...but I forgot which one I scheduled into my workout calendar, so I guess I will have to look...I will also tack on the left over planks from yesterday with some more ab work. I am planning on doing the cardio warm-up and then doing my 1RMs for the day...biceps and shoulders only since my back, triceps and chest are a little DOMy. :p:eek:

Back later this evening to catch up with personals...I am off to check out my online class....and I have a few phone calls to make. Mainly to my attorney to get her off her as* and finish up my separation stuff!! :mad::mad:

Hope everyone has a great day!

Evening Coolers

Just finished Slim Series Firm It Up - its a LB w/o along with some abs. Played it on my laptop while I watched Stargate Atlantis:D Feels good to be working out again. My right arm is a little sore from BB so will take it easy on the UB until after the season is over (which is this Sat.). Other than that, a pretty quiet day here. Have to line up a babysitter for Sat. night for a BB Social. My usual one can't make it.:(

Debra - oh I remember the days of having to park in the farthest reaches and hustle to class. At least you don't have to do it in the dead of winter:D Good on you for starting you 1RM's. I haven't even thought about it. I decided not to try too many of the new things on the site until more of the "bugs" are worked out. Is this up & running well? BTW, what is your class schedule like? Is it just the one course?

Wendy - glad to hear you enjoyed your BD. When is the Body World Exhibit? Sounds like fun and some place where you could spend $$.

Jeanette - where do you find the moving icons? Are they something you pay for and download?

Hope everyone had a good day.

Hi friends,
Had a busy day today, though I was a bit grumpy this morning toward some of the Camp Commanders. I find I just don't take whining too well. Arnold still didn't sign the budget so we're still supposedly getting paid minimum wage. Anyway, came home from work, napped for a bit, then helped DH with the patio. We should be done laying the gravel in the next afternoon or two. Need to order sand and then this Saturday we will head to Reno to buy the pavers. Think DH is even getting a bit excited about having a nice area that we can sit on in the shade, plus have a little warming fire in the cold weather. Tomorrow will be a bike ride with a girlfriend. The ride will be a flat one (no hills) and more of a fun ride I'm thinking. Probably about an hour, then come back and help DH.

Patricia, that Firm It Up is a killer for lower body, isn't it? Hope you can find a sitter. Not always easy, is it? I have a few sites for smilies, but one I just bookmarked is www.bestsmileys.com. They are free. You just copy the URL into your post. Easy! I too need to start doing my 1 rpm's. Okay, I'll do 2 of them tomorrow before my cardio workout. There, I've said I'd do it. Now I'd better go find out which one to do. Probably start with Disk 1 from STS. It would be nice to print a list of all the exercises from STS. Think someone else suggested that to SNM. Wouldn't think that would be a hard thing to do at all. I'm a tomboy too! I agree that co-ed brings it up a notch. I know riding bikes with the fellas does too. If I wasn't so busy with work, cycling and golf, I'd probably take up volleyball, though I don't think this almost 50 year old would be diving for the ball like I did when I was 19.:eek:

Debra, glad school went well for you today. Wow, you already had a runin with "the law"! Did you get your car fixed from the lady that hit you? Don't remember hearing you say anything about that. Did you crack the whip on your attorney?
1.gif

Wendy, I'm trying to be more conscious of getting some stretches in during the day. Really think the tight hammies are what's getting the hips sore, but I'm open to any suggestions. I'm sure that Phil has a better chance of striking paydirt than my DH. I'd like DH to "show me the money" soon. There is a prospecting show on the Outdoor Channel that I need to DVR. I'm liking this Dish Network. So is he. I'm really loving the softness of my skin. What MyChelle products did you end up ordering? I love applying the products to my face in the morning and night. Thanks so much for enabling me. Sounds like you enjoyed the perfect birthday.

Okay, must get to bed soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.