***Watercoolers, almost there Thursday***

Netta

Cathlete
Morning,
This morning was CTX Kickbox, with planks/abs at the end. I also did the stretch, which felt good. After work is my golf lesson and I'll probably play 9 holes by myself then too.
22.gif

BBL,

Morning Coolers,

No workout for me yet today, I had to go into work early because oldest DD has to go to the dentist AGAIN! :eek:

I would like to get in a kickboxing workout of some kind when I get home.

Debra, Sorry to hear that you have to chase your lawyer. Sounds like your classes are going to be keeping you busy this year. LOL about the way kids grow up to fast. Yep when I see her in her oh so short shorts (at least I think they are short), I'm thinking dang why can't I dress her anymore. ;) She would wear whatever I put on her. And yes she will be driving the car soon too. :eek:

Patricia, Nice that you could relax to eat your lunch. We need a bit more rain, can you believe it! After all the flooding we had this spring. :) I don't know about the budding olymipian, but she sure does have fun running. I'm just hoping that some college checks her out for a scholarship. That would be a big help! :)

Jeanette, I sent an e-mail to the department, and I hope that will help with the communication aspect. Hopefully they will understand what I need through that. LOL about the 10 on the par 5. ;) That is how I would do at every hole. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning Ladies,

Went out to a karaoke bar with some classmates last night. Had a good time. No, I don't sing and didn't sing. Got home after 1 and woke up Phil.:cool:

I'm too old for multiple nights of staying up late and drinking. Man, I feel like Debra!!!!:eek::D;)

I'm at art lessons right now. Goodness, dd hasn't been here for almost a month.

Okay, I best chat with art teacher. BBL for personals.

Wendy

Another day of survival!!

Today I survived my first physics lab...and it wasn't that bad...I was the third best in the class with my calculations!!! Not bad for someone who hasn't done math in about a 100 years!! :eek: We are going to a minor league baseball game tonight....so that should be fun...We are taking the Diva and the fundamentalist friend. :rolleyes: I don't know what my workout is going to be today...I was supposed to do SH bis and tris...but my forearms are burny today for some reason I have yet to figure out...Maybe one of the 1RMs??? :confused: So, I may just do cardio and wait to do weights tomorrow. But first...I must take a nap!!!! :p I had some funky weird dreams again last night and they are really disturbing my sleep patterns. Ugh.

a couple of quick personals.....

Wendy....
No singing??? :eek: I am the same way....if you see me on a stage singing you will know that I have lost all of the sense that God gave me. And you will also be running for the hills since my voice is sooooooo terrible!! If you are going to hang out with the kids from your class, you are going to have to up your alcohol tolerance a bit! LOL! :D

Laurie....
Just the thought of a 16 year old in a car gives me the shivers!!! :eek::eek::eek: You must be going crazy! How are things on the boy front right now??? :rolleyes: Why the dentist again?? Are you done with VB for the time being? Didn't you mention maybe doing indoor VB...what did you decide?

Patricia...
I don't watch any of the reality TV you do...LOL! I actually don't watch much...just what CBL likes. You should watch 'Flippin' Out', though...It's pretty funny....This gay guy buys houses and redoes them and then sells them again....and he is a total b*tch...LOL! :eek: Ask Wendy...she likes that one too! Yes...school is definitely going to keep me busy this fall. I think I have gotten over my phobia of physics, though...so hopefully things will fall into place easily...well, I can always hope..LOL! :rolleyes:

Jeanette....
No one needs to know about the 10 stroke holes....especially if no one saw you!!! I love CTX KB...That is actually one of my favorite Cathes!! I like the ab portion of that one too, with all of the planks. I guess that 'plate vibrator' will be a handy tool for you guys this weekend...LOL! :) That's how I like to do my corn too...on the grill. Very yummy that way!

I think that catches me up for now...I got to Kim last night...Hope everyone has a great day! :cool: CBL and I are going to a preseason football game on Saturday night...so that is something to look forward to. And I am caught up with my physics reading...so I just have a chapter of psych to do...I'm on a roll! :rolleyes:

Good Afternoon Coolers:

Not sure if I'll get a w/o in tonight or not now. DH has asked me to help him prime trim in our garage after DS has gone to bed. We thought it would be easier to prime it before installing it on the walls at the cottage and since our painter should be done tomorrow DH is anxious to get a few things done. (Won't complain as the quicker it gets done the better:D) We're also going to be painting the plywood floors to trap in all the dust even though we will eventually be installing hardwood. A lot to get done and now summer seems almost over.:(

Jeanette - 10 out 5 doesn't sound so bad for me. Would I have to count all the swings at the ball that I missed too? I'm so afraid I'll strike the club into the ground I usually end up swinging over top of the ball.:mad: Did you get a new Pro for a teacher (and I don't mean your DH)?

Wendy - I only ever sing out loud in my car when no one can hear me. I'm sooooo awful - no musical talent at all even with the piano and guitar lessons I took as a child. I completely agree with you about not recovering from late nights like we used to. Those days are long gone for me now.

Debra - 2x in a row we're postng at the same time. Must be Karma. Glad to hear you're enjoying the Physics. Better you than me. I only took Physics in H.S. b/c I thought it should be on my list of classes taken. That was a mistake! Once was enough for me. Just give me basic math please (and not the new math either) Have fun at the BB game tonight. Hmm, and football too this weekend. Very "sporty" time you're having lately.

Laurie - sounds like you s/b doing CTX Kickboxing tonight if Jeanette and Debra's reactions are anything to go by.

Hi Kim - hope all is well in your world today.

Ok got to get back to work

BBL.

Hello all, I've been busy spoiling the birthday princess today:cool: We went to DH's grandma's apartment (who is 86!), we had lunch pizza/cake, and went swimming in the apartment pool. Their grandma(her daughter) and great grandma sure enjoyed spoiling her and her brother. They even had her apartment all decorated. The biggest hit so far is the DDR for the playstation that we bought her. She and her brother have been dancing yesterday and today to Disney songs. My nephew and niece are coming over tonight for a sleepover and to spend the day tomorrow just to give them a break from daycare since we're on holidays.

I did get a chance to get Pure Strength Legs/Abs done this morning before we went. Ok, let's see what everyone else is up to.

Patricia Are you planning on going back to P90X? I saw in the Showcase flyer that they have the 10 minute trainers for sale. Just FYI if you book your trip through Marlin travel you can use your airmiles to pay off some/all of the bill. Sitting outside for lunch sounds very nice, we have a beautiful courtyard where we sit in the summer, sure makes it hard to get back to work.

Wendy DD loves build-a-bear, I'm sure that she is going to want to head there with some of her birthday money. DS's surgery is next Wed, the 27th. What kind of surgery did you dd's have?? We are going on a Disney cruise in December along with my sister, BIL and their kids. We have been planning this for awhile. What a great grandma to replace the nintendo game! Sounds like you are enjoying all aspects of being a student again, LOL!

Laurie I'm sure your dd will get back in running shape quickly as she is so young!

Debra How frustrating on the lawyer! Your divorce seems to be taking a very long time! Are you going to have huge lawyer fees? Enjoy the baseball game!

Jeanette I'm looking forward to doing CTX Kickbox tomorrow, I think I've only ever done that workout 1 or twice before.

Kim

Well, just finished SS - Tone it Up and BB on the agenda tomorrow evening. DH went out for drinks w/co-workers after work so no painting tonight:D Trying to shop on-line for some good deals on the hardword flooring. I want a nice chocolate or dark stain to go with the off-white walls we're painting. Brent is trying to see if he can find some good deals on overstocks or clearance items first.

Kim - I'm going to get back to the X after my vacation in Sept. Just thought it was too much trying to fit in my BB at the same time and now that the cottage is painted we will probably spend the longweekend there. I'm a bit of a purest where I don't want to miss any of the prescribed w/o's but I'm sure its pretty hard not to have life interfer over a period of 90days. That's great that your DH still has a grandma. Good to see she still lives on her own. What is a DDR? I'll have to look into Marlin Travel and check to see how many airmiles I have.:D Didn't plan it very well, going on vacation at the same time paying for the next one! Will be a bit of a hit for the pocket book all at once but it'll be like it was free come Feb.:rolleyes::)

Hope everyone had a good day. See you on the other side.

Trying again...

My car needs to go into the garage for repairs and inspection on Monday. I hope the mechanic can get it fixed before 5.

My sleep cycle is all messed up from taking a nap today. I'm going to do my PT exercises as soon as I post personals and google quadratus lumborum. It's the muscle causing all my lower back and sacrum grief from poor body mechanics. Striking Cathe butt poses has got to STOP!:eek: I need to make tucking my tush under a habit!!!

Laurie...
Your dd sounds very motivated to get back on track. pun intended:cool: Does she ever go running with you and Cami? Yep! You can't skimp on Sweet 16. Growing up, my family didn't have birthday parties every year. We did the cake, ice cream and presents with immediate family members. My mom did throw me a huge birthday party when I turned 16. I think she was hoping I'd use my birthday money to pay my new car's insurance. LOL

Debra...
I wished I lived closer to you so I could drop by your house unexpectedly during dinnertime.:rolleyes: Has CBL tuned into Tabitha's Salon Takeover on Bravo. I love her directness!!! She's so spot on. The 1RM sounds like a royal pain!!! I wonder if I could swing not doing it at all!!! Yes, the twins got to pick out their own Webkinz. Eldest felt they were too germy from strangers touching them at the store. She decided to bathe them in the sink. UGH!

Patricia...
I always thought it was the terrible twos. It was with all my Swans. If I didn't lay down consistent rules at twos, I would have dreaded dealing with the threes. The only child that I never took in public at two and three was middle ds. He was horrid!!! Once he learned to slow down and communicate, he was a pure joy, a totally different child!!! Until then, he was physically draining!!! Yeah, I think your Sheer Genius is a week behind. I only caught the judging part of this week's episode tonight.

Jeanette...
How was tonight's golf lesson? Yes, I like the NoTox much better than the C serum. The firming and hydrolanic (sp?) ones are too much of a good thing for me right now. The firming one will firm!!! And the other one makes my skin too moist. The NoTox works just right for me. The c serum seems to irritate my skin and cause it to break out with small pimples. I don't have to use as much moisturizer with the NoTox serum.

Okay posting now before I lose everything again.

Wendy

Good evening,
Had a good golf lesson after work. I really like my instructor. He wanted to see my drive. 2 really nice drives I showed him (thanks to my DH LOL). Then we worked on putting and chipping. Was a good lesson. After that, I played 9 holes and enjoyed the evening.

Tonite I was sitting here admiring my tan legs and asked DH if my legs looked muscular. He said no, you're just not built that way. Of course, I just started TTOM so I wanted to bite his head off, but he was just being truthful.
2.gif
My feelings are hurt and I'm thinking why the heck do I even work my legs cuz it doesn't show. Heck, I bicycle miles and miles, am stronger than most women around here on the bike and up hills, rarely miss a workout, eat pretty decently, but guess it comes down to genetics. He did say that my upper body has lots of definition. I'm just venting here. Now DH feels bad for making me sad. I'll get over it...

Wendy, it's frustrating to lose a post. I haven't lost very many since going to this new forum, but for a while there, it was a regular thing. Are you hung over today? Believe it or not, I've never been to a karaoke bar or seen it done.

Patricia, hope you get a great deal on the flooring. Someday, I'd like to put that in this house, but a new kitchen will have to come first. 10 on a par 5 is not very good. I'm usually satisified if I get 2 over par. Missed swings where you don't touch the ball don't count. Yep, my tendency is to top the ball too. Getting better at it now and don't do it as often. It didn't help that when I was learning, I hit the ground pretty hard with my club and injured my elbow. It helps to play on nice cushy grass, something our golf course doesn't have right now as they have a water quantity problem and need to drill a new well.

Kim, sounds like quite a party going on! I'm sure your cruise will be wonderful! Someday I'd like to go to Alaska on a cruise. Enjoy CTX Kickbox tomorrow. I modified the power scissors a little bit for less impact. Not one of my more favorite moves.

Debra, good job on the physics lab. I don't think I ever took anything tougher than a basic science. Never had chemistry or biology. Hope you got the nap I missed today. Love my little naps after work.

Laurie, hope you can get a workout in today. Seems like you've had your share of dentist appointments to make.

Okay, must go and see what's on the rotation for tomorrow.

Jeanette...
I'm going to hold off on getting CTX. I want to see if I'll be able to get it as an MP4 download.

Laurie...
Did you get a kickbox workout in today?

Debra...
I think I know why God didn't give me the gift of singing... I love singing so much that I'd be so darn prideful if I could do it well. I'm one who enjoys torturing my family instead. Phil wishes he never bought me an ipod!!!:D Whenever I get upset with the kids, Phil will yell, "Stop or else your mom will start singing hyms!!!!" LOLOLOL The public at large is pretty safe since I do have some sense!!!:D FYI, I was drinking Dirty Hos!!!:eek: And, I had more than two!!!:eek: And, I didn't get stupid drunk... only tipsy.:p

Kim...
Happy Birthday to your Princess!!!! ^^5^^ to you for finding the time to push play with all the festivities!!! Oh, Wednesday nights are going to be class night out. I'll have a drink for you and ds next Wednesday to celebrate his successful surgery!:):):) Oh my. Where to start. Well, with the twins being born so early, they had a lot of surgeries while they were in the NICU. When they came home, youngest dd and oldest dd had eye surgeries on both eyes. Youngest had a hernia operation. Goodness. Without raking my brain, I wouldn't be able to name them all. I recall you planning a cruise. I didn't realize it was a Disney one. You guys are going to have a great time! A word of advice... If you or your sister decide to get a massage, schedule it for first thing in the morning. Most of the massage therapists on cruises are over-worked. The largest employer of cruise massages (90% of all cruises), requires their massage therapist to work 11 one hour massages per day!!!! I can't even imagine how that affects the quality!!! In fact, Canada has one of the best training for massage therapists. I would rather get one at home before or after the cruise!:D

Patricia...
Listening to Pink Flyod? See ya on the dark side of the moon.;) So, are you planning on doing the X Sept. 1st in order to finish in time for a New Year Day's start of STS????

Okay, I've gotta start doing some PT.

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Jeanette,
No hangover in the traditional sense. Just tired and no appetite.

I HATE the Almost give commercial. OMW!!! I HATE how they try to blame and guilt trip people for not giving ALL the time!!! Hello!!! It's not their fault that the homeless family in the car without dinner is in that situation!!! What about the parents????? I'm not saying to never give. But, to guilt trip people into being charitable is well, very uncharitable!

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.