***Watercoolers**Fabulous Friday****

Netta

Cathlete
Morning, just starting this thread. Will veg a little more and do a cardio of some type.

Jeanette

Good morning all!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day planned! I will obviously be picking strawberries this afternoon...I am not sure what sort of exercise I am doing today....maybe a short cardio with some back work added on. I ordered some new dvds from Collage last night...they are mostly focused on abs/core but with different moves. I will let you all know what I think when they get here.

Jeanette...
WTH are you doing up so early?? Are you turning into Traci on us by posting at 2 in the morning?? Crazy woman! I have no idea what I did to my buttock...who knows?!? It isn't bugging me too bad this morning. And my knee is feeling good too...I am glad I left off the lunges...Maybe in a couple more weeks (assuming I don't reinjure myself) I will start to add lunges back into my routine. The pizza tonight sounds wonderful! Hope you have a good ride too. Have fun with Grandma tomorrow night. What symphony are your parents going to?

Kim...
I went back and looked and couldn't figure out what kind of surgery your DS is going to have. Hope it isn't too serious! Let us know.

Patricia...
I know what you mean about the car seats, etc...LOL! I remember driving my aunt's car when I was about 7...sitting in the front seat and steering. I think she would probably be thrown in jail now!!!

Okay...I think I caught up with everyone else last night! BBL to check on you all!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Morning Coolers

A little late start to the day. DS has a bit of a cold so let him sleep in this a.m. Only 10min late to work so no biggee.

DH & FIL off flyfishing in Quebec this weekend. Not sure what I'll do to keep DS occupied all weekend on my own. Probably go to a park if weather good and there is always Costco. That kills most of a day right there!:p

Kim - hope surgery is not too serious. How old his DS?

Well, better see what's in my in-basket.

BBL.

Oops I thought I had posted about ds's surgery after his annual exam in April. He's having some "boy" surgery, I'm not sure if you really want more info. LOL A testes is caught up in his abdomen. It will be day surgery but he has to be quiet for 2 weeks after which will be so hard for my sports crazed little guy. Of course my dd's first question was whether it's going to affect her birthday party plans.
x(

Did you all see the new blog pictures and update. Sounds like it will be quite a while till we get STS. Maybe in the fall? September would work well for me. (Race in June and then relax more in July/Aug then time to fit STS in to get already for our cruise in December)

Also wanted to say that as I'm going back to do personals and rereading I notice that one of my posts is missing again!! ;( ;( So frustrating, after my longwinded post to Debra regarding my job I did do a second post catching up on personals I notice that it is gone. I just wanted you all to know that I'm not totally self centered

Jeanette- I don't have a weighted vest. I have velcroed together 2 5# ankle weights before and made a 10# belt. I guess the post where I congratulated you on your new car is disapperaed. ***WOW** on the new car, so much fun to get a new vehicle! Hope you're enjoying it muchly! The pizza sounds delicious! I have a terrible weakness for pizza which we might order tonight if I don't feel so great after the dentist. :p

Wendy- I'm surprised an IKEA would close they seem so popular. We don't have one here but I hope to go next year in Edmonton! You asked about my "clueless" friend, I don't see her often as she is a parent at the kid's school more of an acquiantance but I did run into her this week. She said she has not run for a few weeks as she was having knee problems. She didn't run the race last weekend I didn't ask about the other races. The ladies I run with are all coworkers. Lots of runners where I work, tons of training talk at this time of the year. Good luck on the door prizes!

Laurie Is DH still working such long hours? I'm impressed with how fast your runs are! Is the dance recital this weekend?

Carol LOL on DH trying to win the Lottery. The hospital where I work is doing a lottery where you win a furnished million dollar home. DD is sure we are winning that.

Debra- I'm glad that you had such a great time at the concert! You look great in the pics! Yum on the strawberries, we always go strawberry picking every year and freeze lots for over the winter. But our strawberries won't be ready until June!

Sandra- Taxes done! (Well DH did them he's an accountant) we're getting a healthy refund this year and trying to decide which project around the house needs done first ( driveway, roof or new kitchen appliances) DH is a great runner but very inconsistent with it. He started another round of P90X! DS takes after DH in the running bit, last Sunday they borrowed my Garmin to go out for a run together. They were back 11.5 mins later, I was all worried thought someone must have got hurt but they said no they finished their mile and half run :eek: Whatever.

My mom is also an impressive runner faster than me but she refuses to enter races. Has run all her life but never entered a race. At the cottage last summer a few times my mom and my ds with running with me. I was left in the dust by a 63 yr old and a 10 yr old, they are both honestly much faster than me.

Patricia- Cute story about the puppy. A coworker is coming over today as I'm giving her some of the preschool toys, we're moving out of the toy stage around her. It's feeling good to declutter a bit. DD is only 7 so still needs her barbies and stuff but getting rid of the fisher prices toys like rescue heroes and the little peoplse stuff especially. Hope you enjoy the TJ, what distributor did you order from? Have fun in Quebec. DS just turned 11 so really not that little anymore.

Off to wake the kiddies for school and then off to Safeway! Kim

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm still in State College. I'll drive home around lunch time.
The ladies night was fun. They had a table with free items. I picked out a cute sun visor, and my sister picked a Life Is Good necklace for one of her girls. They had a nice spread of food: chocolate covered strawberries, shrimp,vegetables, etc... Oh! Plenty of alcohol!!! Champagne, wines and, my favorite mid day beverage, beer!!!:7

Wendy

So much to say, not enough patience!!!!

I have been reading! I plan on catching up on personals when I get home!

But I wanted to share...

As a combined Mother's Day and birthday present, Phil and the kids are giving me...

A Weekend Workshop In Toronto with none other than EOIN FINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope ya'll know how excited I am! I have to punch TWO keys for every exclamation point! LOL

I'll chat more later!

Wendy

Good morning,
Got out my step and did a couple combos from Amy Bento's ASC and repeated them. I almost quit after that, but decided to get out Christi Taylor's Step Heaven. I think Christi Taylor is the best cuer hands down, IMO. I can leave her workouts for a couple months, come back and pick right up on her choreography because she cues ahead of time enough for you to prepare your body. Amy's ASC I have to memorize and it takes me a couple times going thru as she cues a bit late. What can I say, I just love Christi Taylor! Will be doing a short bike spin after work before taking pizza over to the folks tonite.

Debra, enjoy those strawberries today. Sounds like some good quality time with the diva. There is a review on OD re: Tracey Staehle's new Core workout. I'm tempted. The symphony is a local production that our little burg puts on. Very popular. Not something that my folks typically go to, but they need some time away together without Grandma. Silly, I posted at 4:20 this morning. Bet Traci was chomping at the bit to post first (I was hoping to see her), but held back.

Patricia, my DS loves to fly fish too. Right now he's involved with Archery stuff. Hope DS doesn't have a bad cold.

Wendy, glad you had a good time on your trip. Mmmmm, chocolate covered stawberries and champagne!!! OMG!!! I just read about your weekend workshop with Eoin!!!! That is over the top!!! See, I told you I wanted your life (sans the childbirths, etc). What an awesome present and when will it be????

Kim, hope the surgery isn't too traumatic for your DS. Doesn't sound fun at all. I'm enjoying the new car. Hoping I get the mileage that they claim as that's why I bought it. We'll see. Some people don't, which disheartens me. Hope the dentist appointment goes well today.

Gotta go,

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Today I have a 6m run already accomplished. :D Sure felt good. I hope to get in 4DS Back & Biceps plus some Ab work after work. But if that doesn't happen I always have the weekend. :D Oldest DD is suppose to have a track meet tonight, but with the threat of T-Storms that may not happen. Her last meet was cancelled because of rain too.

DH stayed home from work yesterday, and I convinced him to go to bed early. I was already in bed, and before he came in he said he was cold. He was shaking, and shivering for almost 5 min. before he warmed up. Of course he HAD to cuddle with me to help him warm up. :D Felt like I was in a mixer for a while. :D I just hope I don't get whatever he has. x(

I think I know why my boss has been such a crank lately. His wife served him with divorce papers two days after they got back from Jamaica. x(

Sandra, Had to LOL at you duck story. It still surprises me to hear my DD's say things that I have said in the past. Maybe I will try the Hi/Lo Knockout first, and see if that helps me with the other one. On the runs that I get out of mags, if I am doing them on the TM I just cut them out and tape them onto the panel of my TM. If I am using them for a run outside, I will write the info on the back of my hand. I learned that one from my DD's swimming. It washes off after a while. :D My memory is so bad I could never remember those things. :D

Partricia, Is the interval #2 of In the Ring the hardest? If it is then I don't feel so bad now. :7 :7 It actually made me feel bad about my ability to do KB for a moment. :7 I totally understand the strawberry picking. We did that to, but there where 9 (7 kids + 2 parents) of us. The people who owned the strawberry patch would watch us to make sure we didn't eat any. My mom told us not to eat any until we got home, because of them watching. x( My mother would make jars and jars of jelly. :9 Dang was that good, and of course she froze a bunch too. Glad your pizza was saved!

Debra, Your pics of the JB pre concert look like a great time. And of course you look great as usual. Love the braids. ;-) Oh yes you need to let me know of any wines that Childers makes that are good. DH wants to go out that way again. I told him we need to fly into your airport, because it was just so hassle free. :D Amy's cueing is what got me at first. All of a sudden we where doing something different. :D Have fun picking strawberries with your DD today.

Kim, Best wishes to your DS and his surgery. You reminded me that I need to make an appointment with the dentist. I am having problems with a tooth too. x( DH is suppose to work tonight, and then the auction is done. Guess he will determine how he is feeling before he has to go to work today. DD's recital is May 17th, so only two weeks away. Now I want to be just like your mother. 63 yrs young, and running. My dream at that age.

Jeanette, Oh yes old TV shows... The DD's and I where watching an I Love Lucy show one day, and they where laughing up a storm. They like watching the Beverly Hillbillies too. :7 That pizza sounds really good. :9

Wendy, Sounds like you are having a good time. I almost forgot to answer your question about the running. For 3 miles it takes about 25-30 min to finish. My run this morning was under 60 min today. Ok now I need to know will you be like "star struck" when you meet Eoin!!!! What a great gift you have gotten from your family.

Have a great day!

Laurie

I found this over at VF today, and thought some of you might be interested.

New Workout -- One on One with Tony

When Jon Congdon and I went through the Power 90 program for the first time, we had the luxury of doing many of the workouts with Tony in his home gym. In general, Tony is who Tony is. What you see in P90X and P90X+ is the way he is in person. Although, when he's working out at home, there's something a little more intense, a little funnier, and A LOT more unpredictable.

That's why this Spring we did an experiment: What if instead of planning an entire system or routines, we simply sent Mason (director from P90X) with a camcorder to follow Tony as he does his own daily regimen?

We appropriately call these workouts Tony Horton's "One on One". It's just Tony and you working out. No fanciness, except for the soundtrack by Jason Scheff. There's less cueing because Tony is doing the entire workout, every rep. It's real Tony, doing what it takes to get (and stay) absolutely ripped.

The first release of this new series is a plyometrics-legs routine which includes using a medicine ball. I've got two words for you: "Dig. Deeper."

This one should come out in June. We'll releasing a new 1-on-1 video each month. You can get each DVD as soon as they are released by subscribing to the series and you'll also get a DVD wallet which will hold a year's worth, or you can buy them as "back issues" one at a time.

I've seen the first bunch, and they are every bit as entertaining as they are great workouts.

Laurie

How exciting Wendy! We'll need the details when you get a chance!

laurie, we run at similiar paces, have you ever thought about doing a longer race like a half marathon? I'm thinking of going down to Minneapolis this fall is that anywhere close to you? I forget exactly where you live.

Just finished CC7 but skipped challenge 3 (the 4 minute one) as running low on time but got 5 miles in.

Kim

Just a couple of quick notes before I head to the strawberry patch...

Kim...
Your poor DS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure that isn't going to be a fun surgery. Poor little man! And poor you, for that matter! I do remember your mentioning some sort of 'male issue' but I guess I didn't catch onto the problem. Ugh.

Wendy...
I just have one word for you....BI*CH.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Wendy - give details about Eion. I live only 3-4 hours from T.O. Maybe we could meet up or does this also include a weekend away for 2 and 3's a crowd:p

Patricia: I highly doubt Phil will want to go sit in a Toronto hotel room alone for most of the weekend unless I drag him kicking and screaming.}( I'm trying to DRAG Jenn so I don't have to drive 7.5 hours by myself. But, I'll drive alone... joyfully!!!:) You're more than welcome to register for the weekend workshop and join me in Toronto. I still need to reserve a hotel room. First, I have to locate a hotel close to the yoga studio!!!! As I've never been to Toronto or Canada for that matter, I should do some googling research.

Opening up another window for personals.

Wendy

Awesome homepage!!! Cathe looks determined to torture us one way or another!:p :+

Thanks everyone, minus Debbie Debra:p, for being excited for me!!!! I'm more excited about meeting Eoin than ANY OTHER instructor!!! Not that I don't have a load of respect for Cathe. But, going on the Roadtrip was always more than just meeting Cathe and working out with her in person. It was about meeting fellow roadtrippers too. And, well... Eoin is Eoin!!!!:D :D :D I am bound and determined to recover as much as I am able before June 20th!!!!

Debra :p :p :p :p
Now, now. No need for nasty, yet truthful, name calling.;-) Why not be a B!tch with me!!!! I'm POSITIVE Eoin would love to meet my Petite PowerMouth gf!!!!:7 :7 :7 Cooooome join the dark side. You can stand in the corner with the other B!tches!!! Eoin will be there!}( }( }( Seriously, consider it!!! Spend XDH's $$ on Eoin rather than leaving it for some Russian Ho!:eek: :+ Here, to tempt you ever further, is the link...
http://www.theyogasanctuary.net/eoin-finn.html
You may return to your strawberry sugar induced high after your register a weekend spot!:p:7

Oh! Ladies, guess what workout I did today? Eoin's PY4H2, the ENTIRE practice!!!:+

Kim: Male issue problem. Must go back and read carefully. I'll catch up to you momentarily after I work my way back!!!

Laurie: OMW!!! Thanks for the Tony update. Will you be subscribing to the One on One series? I'll have to see how much $$ they want first. I literally LOL when I read about what happened to your boss. Does that make me a bad person? Thought so!}( Oh, that doesn't sound too bad. When I think 3-5 miles, I think a LONG time; perhaps it would be for me!!!! OMW! You KNOW I'll be all awe struck!!! You guys HAVE to give me you most burning Eoin question to ask him. Cuz you KNOW I will ask him!!!:p ;)

Jeanette: Isn't it CRAZY Over the Top!!!! Gosh, I love my life too!:7 :7 :7 I say that now. But, give me some time before the reality of an unfinished kitchen and projects start wearing me down again. sigh. I linked Debra to the workshop information if you want to read about it. It's going to be the weekend of June 20th. Have fun at dinner. Pizza:9 Don't forget your laptop this time!!!!

Kim!!! OUCH!!! My sympathies go out to your ds!!! Phil was an absolute BABY when he got his vasectomy and then later for the reversal. I threw him a bag of frozen peas, and told him to talk to me after giving birth 4 times ALL natural WITHOUT drugs and one painful c-section!!!:p OMW! Your dd cracks me up!!! She's my kind of girl!}( I bet she'll be telling her future dh that ARX is to be done everyday!!!!}( Oh now, you just stop it! Who cares if you're self centered! Ask Tracy, when she ever returns x(, just how I believe the world revolves around me!:+ Despite the PTs, the work atmosphere of athletic talk sounds cool! It's always nice to chat with people about shared passions. HOW FUNNY! Your mom must be super fast!!! LOL about being left in the dust!!! Kudos to your dh for starting another round of Tony so soon!!! Does he know about the One on Ones yet?

Sandra!!!! Where in tarnation are you girl?!?!?! I will not be ignored!!! Talk to me about your day. I'm listening.:)

Hi Teddygirl!

Okay ladies, I'm going to brew me some Verona java and breath.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!
Wendy

Good evening Coolers!

Well, that Friday went by lickity quick!!! The only time I got to sit down today, besides in the car, was on the toilet seat. A good day, though. This morning I did BM2 step & power circuits, and 4DS Chest & Back. The forecast is looking promising that I'll get an outdoor cycle in tomorrow. Yay!

I zipped off to Lululemon this afternoon. Yes, I caved and finally bought myself a decent pair of pants, and a hoodie. The pants are getting hemmed, so I'm sure when I go back to pick them up next week I'll be buying a top to go along with it all. Sure is nice stuff, though.

Wendy....Okay, I'm already jealous enough that 90% of your wardrobe comes from Lululemon, NOW you get to go to TORONTO and spend an entire weekend with EOIN?!?! I second that B*&@H statement!!! My burning Eoin question: Is that him in Kest's Sweat video, going under the guise of Sonny Day?

Debra....Boy, another person who I envy. I adore fresh strawberries. And the ensuing desserts. Strawberry shortcake....I could cry just thinking about it. So....delicious.....

Patricia....I could never understand why anyone would want to fish for flies, but I guess to each his own, huh? I hope you get to spend some quality time with Eoin in June!! Wendy can't be the only one to get the nectar personally licked off her hips!!

Kim....I can't imagine a more useful profession for a husband than being an accountant! My husband has a background in the building trades and can put up a shelf or a wall at the drop of a hat. But I'd still trade all that for an accountant! Is DS's surgery really invasive? Poor guy. I'm sure he's not looking forward to this.

Jeanette....Good for you for giving Amy another try. I always found that Christie cued TOO far in advance LOL! Every instructor has their unique style, don't they? That's an interesting pizza you're bring your parents. Can't say I've had that combo before.

Laurie....Okay!!! Hold the phones!!! So, this is a series that you can purchase and you get one new dvd a month? Does this sound familiar? Sort of like the idea I had a couple months ago for Cathe to offer a new STS workout to download every week, directly from the website? Hmmmm?? Does Beachbody read our posts? Or are you a BeachBody spy? Or.....Are You Dreya?!?!? (there has not been nearly enough mention of her name around here lately). Excellent idea about writing the workout on your hand! I'll remember that!

Have a great night,
Sandra

Oh Wendy! Forgot to ask - how was the entire PY4H2 routine? YogaX tough, or All Levels, All Good relaxing?

Sandra

Sandra! As if you could ever compare Eoin to Tony yelling during yoga!!!!:7 :7 :7 I didn't do the entire practice in one session!:p I did Bliss Rider plus chapter 1: Shoulder Openers before I left to drive home. After driving 3 hours, I did the Eddie would Flow Fast Forwarding at chapters 6 Short to chapter 10!!!!:p :7 Basically, I don't have an opinion on Goin' Big yet!!!!:+ OMW!!!!!!! I CAN NOT believe you actually broke down and bought Lululemon clothes!!!!! What did ya get?!?!?! My absolute favorite pants are the fold down yoga pants, no hemming required.:) I'm not fond of their tops. I feel like the girls are going to bust out in downward dog and deep twists!!! I reserve my deep V top for home workouts.}( LMAO about Laurie!!!!! I can truly verify that Laurie is NOT Dreya!!!:7 :7 :7 Come to think of it... Are you sure your name isn't Dreya?!?!?!:eek: Good Question Dreya! I mean, Sandra! Which Kest workout do you think Eoin is posing in? <---- Yes, I realize that I ended my question with a preposition. I'm too tired to think grammatically correct these days!:p Hey, Girl! You have PLENTY of opportunities to play with Eoin. You do know he's located in Vancouver. You could bike there in your voluminous free time!:p }( :+

Okay, I need to drag my butt off the computer.

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.