***Thursday is for MELTING***

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Hi everyone. I'm just starting this. I have to head to work now. The plan is for 4DS LIS later today.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday eve.

Morning all!

Robin - I hope work flies by and you're feeling better, mentally and physically!

I just got off the treadmill. Did 6 miles with Grace. I'm happy about that because since that awful run I had last week (the 3 miles) where my body just ached after, I've been a bit scared of running.

Off to the shower with me! And today is my Friday, since I'm off tomorrow!

Shelley, I bet that miserable run last week was just your body telling you to take a break. I'm glad the 6 miler this morning was better. Yeah, I think I'm feeling a bit more optimistic this morning. I'm jealous of your short workweek. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be lovely here, with rain and chilly on the weekend.:(

Hello Melters.

Hello to you all and Have a Great Day!!

Rain and cold are coming tonight and on Friday.

Good morning, Melters!

Robin - you've been busy this morning, starting two threads! Thanks for keeping us going. I hope the weather people are wrong and that your weekend is nice. I sure am glad you're feeling better. I have a hard time imagining a non-optimistic Robin.

Shelley - I'm glad you had a good run! I knew that last one was just a fluke. Hey, today is my last day in the office this week too. But I'll be at a writing seminar, so it's not really a day off. Enjoy yours!

Jennifer - is it EVER going to warm up in Michigan?

Last night I did Step Blast and had fun, as always. That's my favorite. And I did all the blasts during the challenge! But I need to watch it. I had to pause the tape at one point and give my calf a full minute's stretch because it really felt crampy. Maybe I'm not quite ready to do two high impact routines in one week, huh? Okay, I'll behave. Today is Legs and Glutes.

Hi again~

Robin - yes, you could be right about needing that break. I hope the forecast changes for you.

Jennifer - hopefully, it'll warm up soon there!

Shannon - maybe you do need to ease back into the high impact and just do one a week for a few weeks? I hope the writing seminar is fun and not like school;)

Good Morning:)

Thanks Robin for getting us started. It sounds like you could make this a "cozy" weekend in with a cup of something warm and a good book and movie?:) I actually do not mind windy and wet weather, as I am from Seattle and its like that practically everyday.Rain is so cleansing, it cleans up the air and makes everything "happy and fresh". Ok, I am trying to cheer you up.:7

Shelley, yep. I have no doubt you are a awesome runner, but sounds like its time for a little cross training. I know when I used to run, boy was it hard on my body. My knees finally just gave out and I had to quit.But than again, I do everything to the extreme! Glad you today is your last day at work!

Jennifer, good morning, sorry about your crappy weather too.

Shannon, a writing seminar? That sounds like fun? Well, I am a writer so of course I am intrigued, but something tells me its not the kind of writing I do.:)

Hi to Leanne and Lainie, Emily, and hey, where is TK been?

I woke up and it looks like Auntie paid a visit??:eek: I do not get it, it is way to early, sigh...perimenopause must be striking again, yuk. The progesterone I am taking really works well though to eliminate the PMS and the night sweaty things that have happened to me three or four times a month. Or maybe its just my body trying to get back into the swing of things after my intense program? I hate surprises. Now I have to rethink my day tomorrow, because I can't leave the house on the first real day.
My mouth is throbbing this morning, boy those root canals suck. Okay bbl to chat some more...:7

Shelley - yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do - one high impact workout a week. I guess I just got carried away with the thrill of actually being able to jump again. :7

Lanie - have a good visit!!

Tneah - {{{HUGS}}}!!!! Girl, what a miserable day - you're already suffering from the root canal and now Aunt Flo shows up? Okay, that's just not fair. You take it easy today and baby yourself. The writing seminar is on something like "how to add Zing to your writing." You know, how to spice it up. I don't know if Medicare wants zing in their patient info, but oh well. }(

Lainie - I hope you have a fun visit with your friend. I sure hope you can come on the RT in July!

Tneah - oh, you poor, poor thing:( I agree with Shannon - take it easy and have a "you" day. You deserve it!

Shannon - don't spice up that writing too much! Don't want to get the Medicare patients too excited:p

Shannon, the prospect of actually getting to add some "zing" to patient info might be interesting enough to at least keep you awake during the seminar right?:p I cannot imagine what that sort of "zing" might entail....:7 it actually might be kinda fun! Thanks for the hugs, I know, when it rains it pours right? Ah well. Whatcha gonna do about it? I have a wonderful DH who babies me when I feel bad, and totally understands how horrid my periods are, so I am lucky. Hey, you have never mentioned an SO? Is there someone special in your life? Inquiring minds want to know?;)

I slurped down my protein shake, thought I would attempt a bike ride....the pain is lessening, thank you ibuprofen....

Shelley and I were posting at the same time....thanks for the kind words, I think I might just do that "babying" thing today. Sweats and large baggy sweatshirts might do the trick...:p

I'd love to learn how to add some zing to my writing. I can start strong, but then everything gets z z z z z. I've erased so many forum posts because they are so darned boring.

tneah, I had my DH convinced that I needed a weekend get away to the NY Finger Lakes wineries, but then guilt overcame me. We really can't afford it and we would have left DD home alone with the baby, once again. We're going to try to do something fun this weekend though. I'm sorry Auntie came to visit, but hey, if you're already miserable with the root canal, lets get all the misery over at once, right?

Shannon, I think you may be smart about cutting back to one high impact workout a week. I've found that while I can do just about everything with my knee now, it does swell and get sore if I jump too much too often.

So we had a nice catered lunch for Lab Week, held in the board room. Unfortunatly, there was an amazing dessert tray with lots of wonderful gooey creations. I couldn't stop. So maybe I'll get back on track tomorrow. Tomorrow is ice cream sundae day. I think I can avoid that. It's the cakes and cookies that I can't resist.

Tneah - I'm sooo glad your DH takes care of you! What a wonderful luxury! And no, there's no SO in my life. I'm just an old spinster. :p

Robin - I think you already know how to add zing to your writing. Maybe you erase the posts you don't like, but the ones you do post are always great and lots of fun. Being able to edit your own work is a real skill. Trust me.

Hello Melters.

Great day at work, for the most part. I'm kinda tired but I am thinking positive about DM cause Friday night, no workouts.

In tradition of crappy weather, there is word going around that we will have SNOW on Monday. It's getting colder and darker here today already.

Is it Friday yet?

Where is Leanne and Lainie today? Oh, yeah, Lainie is at a friends?

My friggin tooth is killing me!x( OMG. I called the dentist and talked to the nurse who said its normal after a root canal, the tooth will feel "sprained" the ligaments are traumatized and stuff. I don't know, I am taking my pain pills and really need them every four hours like the label says, and I have never in the past taken more than one a day....this sucks, hope there isn't some sort of infection happening, will call the office tomorrow if it does not feel any better. I thought it was supposed to feel better afterwards?

Shannon, you are not an old spinster, you just haven't found anyone worthy of you yet!:) And believe me, had I not met my wonderfully wacky guy, I would have been quite content to spend the rest of years single with pets.OK, I would have someone for the occasional "booty call";) but I am the type who actually prefers my own company, would rather be alone than with the wrong person. Is your ferrier cute and single?Haha!

;)

Jennifer, glad you had a great day! And a great cozy evening....dark weather isn't so bad, just think, summer will be here before you know it and with it, all that hot weather-I hate hot weather!:)

Well, time to feed the beast--that would be Georgie..

Hey all,

Not sure if any of you will be checking in this late, but wanted to say hi! Today was my long day at work, but I'll check in tomorrow!

Hope you all have nice nights!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.