***Sleepy Sunday for the CHEETAHS***

Good morning cheetahs

Wendi...it does sound crazy for you! Congrats on the weight and BF loss...:)

Christine...I did kind feel rabid with the pink foam all over!! I also checked out that Travolta thread, what an idiot that one poster was...sheesh! Did you catch the Indy/SD game last night?? WOW!! How nice you got to drive that cool car...:)...Did you all have a nice hike yesterday?

Gloria..thanks re: the Garmin and my friend. Hope your biceps feel better today.

Brighton...Sorry your Mom's TM was not the best. I broke my FIL's TM years ago when I could not get it to go fast enough...:)..Congrats getting in those hard 1o miles in the snow!! I have only run in the snow a few times and it is like you say...Heavenly. Very cute about your DS3's comment...:)

Cathy..I am glad I had water too for my rabid look! You are welcome and glad the apricots work for you. I am thinking at least 16 miles today but it will depend on how I am feeling during the run. At least it is not raining. Sounds like a fun workout yesterday.

Shelly..I'd say that Gods Country Marathon is right up your alley!! You sound like me when my DH was sick...it's like shut-up already!! I do feel a lot better today, just a tad tired. I hope you are right about my immune system helping here. I figure it was taxed a bit from the training so that is why I got the cold. Glad you have a couple of days off.

Jackie...WOW...great pic of you and DBF! He is quite handsome, and you look lovely. You are so right, they do have every kind of Umcka! Sounds like you got in a good run at a nice pace with RP.

I am feeling better today and will try and get in about 16 miles. Then 2 more playoff games!!

Have a great day...:)

Hello sleepy cheetahs. Where is everyone? I'm afixin to do some nice sweaty cardio soon. I'll go for IMAX3-my Cathecardio fav that I haven't done in quite a while and I'll tack on the Lowmax blasts:D

Carole- Yes, the GodsCountry marathon is truly for crazy runners... right up my aisle;) Haven't made up my mind entirely yet to do it but if I do my goal would only be to finish.... no PR attempt for sure! Yes, your training schedule has been BRUTAL lately making you more susceptable to those bugs. But I'm glad to hear you are obviously on the mend.:) Hope you do take it easy on that 16 miler today. Enjoy the football!!!

Brighton- Congrats on an awesome job with that hilly snowy 10 miler!!! Big pat on the back for ya! Hey, I've seen your pic and I can see why your little one confused you with Cathe!

Jackie- LOVE that pic!! You and your DBF sure are a distinguished looking couple. Good job getting in that run yesterday and glad you stayed dry!.

Gonna go ahead and get started with the day. DH is still moaning on the couch so I'll have to head out and do all the shopping on my own. I can get it done with faster alone anyway;). Later today I'll be doing PLB:eek:

Shelly

Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Jackie—very lovely pic! You two make quite the handsome pair…*lol* ‘bout RP. He is rather persuasive, isn’t he?...Nope, that’s Brighton with the marshmallow-y coat. Me, I’ve got the marshmallow-y body. J *lol* Glad to hear you enjoyed an (almost) congestion-free run. It’s so nice when you can BREATHE again, isn’t it?

Carole—*lol* Only you could break a TM b/c it wouldn’t go fast enough! Too funny! I have to go stock up on some more apricots today. Much easier to pull B’s and A’s in potassium now. Have a great 16 or however many you do! Are you lovin’ your new Nano?

Brighton—great job getting out there & braving the elements for your 10! How cute about DS3. Now that has to make ya feel good!

Shelly—the God’s Country Marathon sounds like the perfect pick for you test your mettle once more. Enjoy your day off today…I do indeed feel fully recharged and ready to go back tomorrow.

Workout today will be either a run or EXT, depending on if it warms up or not.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Christine: Thank you for the panini maker information. I was actually looking at that model. I did check out that recipe. It looks delish! I just tried Paul Newman's Black Bean and Corn Salsa and it is really good. The car sounds really fun. How was the hike yesterday?

Brighton: Rock on with the snowy 10 miles! :) I am glad we will have each other for our marathon training. :) So cute of your DD to say that about you!

Laura: How did the 8 go today?

Cathy: That spinach smoothie looks interesting. Glad it was tasty! Packed with vitamins and antioxidants for sure! Awesome workout yesterday. I am feeling well rested and ready for the big day tomorrow too. I have a few things I need to do, but I am not stressed at all. So, what did you decide to do today?

Shelly: I would say that PA marathon has your name all over it! You go girl! :) I did have a nice 4 mile run yesterday and the biceps are still talking to me! :eek:

Jackie: I see the Chicago half in your future. :) You look beautiful in the picture! Thanks for posting that! Thank you for the vote of confidence re: the marathon. I sure do need it! Nice run and glad you are feeling better!

Carole: Hope you have a strong 16 today. :)

I am still sore. I ran 4 miles yesterday and will run today too. Hopefully it will loosen up these sore muscles.

Have a super day everyone! :)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Brighton - Thanks for the compliment! I did enjoy myself even with the cold.

Carole - Thanks for the compliment too. I think DBF is a keeper. He's such a gentleman. Glad you're feeling much better. Have a good run! Enjoy the games today. I need to check to see if the Titans are playing today. I don't watch the game but am always interested if they win or lose.

Shelly - Quite a workout you have planned for yourself. Hope you're in sweat heaven. ;) Doing the marathon just for sheer pleasure will make it all the better. Running partner is determined to get me to run a marathon. I'm trying to keep my ears covered so I can't hear. :p Enjoy shopping without DH. DBF can out shop me too. Thanks for the compliment.

Cathy - Aw shucks! You ladies are making me blush. :eek: Thanks! I just will not believe you have a marshmallowy body. No way! No how! :D Yes, want to be able to breathe when I run since RP makes me put the pedal to the metal sometimes. He said he wasn't going easy until after the holidays. Guess I'd better get prepared. Hope you get a run in!

Gloria - Not you too! RP doesn't not need any help! Ears still covered here. :p Thanks for the compliment and the vote of confidence too. I do want to overcome my feet going numb when I do a half. So, I guess that can be my 2009 goal. Have a good run and hope it helps the soreness.

Rest day for me. Still have DOMS but in a good way. Need to get ready for church. I'm running late.

Enjoy your day!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Brighton – Good job at getting back to normal, especially with a 10 mile run in the snow and at altitude! I’m in awe!! Way to go! I love my Panini maker – it’s so easy. I use it much more than I thought I would. ITA that the world would be better if people just gave others the benefit of the doubt. Gossip helps no one (although I’m as guilty as the next person!).

Laura – hope you’re feeling better.

Cathy – ITA on the Travolta thread. How sad. You drank another smoothie this morning? It looks good. I actually like spinach. I usually put it with my eggs in the morning. I’ll have to try it. It’s a good way to get more spinach – and spinach is so good for us. The Moussaka was good. And it was low cal – gotta like that!! I’ll make it again – and maybe use ground beef instead of lamb. Good workout yesterday! I’m not quite as ready to go back as you are. :p I could use another week or two. But, I’ll make do. DH is taking this week off, too – the brat! :D

Shelly – Hope things settle down for you at work! Are you dealing with a lot of colds and flu’s? I know it’s a bad cold season here! Oh, I think you would ROCK God’s Country Marathon. I love Northern PA and the little small towns that abound. And I have heard that Potter County is absolutely stunning. *Raises glass* Here’s to better times! I think we need them. New car dreams are pretty distant for me, too – but it was nice to dream for a moment. :cool:

Jackie – Oh, you are absolutely stunning as always!! Thanks for posting the pic! You are a very nice couple. I am very thankful for our maids. It just makes life so much easier. There’s a lot of general clean up, but the icky stuff like the bathrooms and dusting, etc, they do. I still vacuum a couple times a week – I have furry dogs. :p

Carole – We had a great hike yesterday, thanks. DH is getting a cold, so it was a little slow, but as I’ve been pushing it the last few days, I wasn’t complaining. We hiked/ran 5 miles. Jimmy got in about 15. He was ALL over the place. There are so few people that he can go off leash. Too funny about the pink foam! :p Yes, we caught the Indy/SD game – GOOD ONE! I was cheering for SD as I’m a Raven’s fan (and still think of the Colts as being a Baltimore team). We’ll see how my poor Ravens do against the Dolphins today. I think that poster characterizes why I don’t like the OD any more. Too many mean spirited, small minded people. Have a great run!!!

Gloria – Amazon has that Panini maker for under $50.00 and they have free shipping. I ordered one for my dad, too, for his Christmas present. He loved mine so much. Hike was a good time. As I told Carole, Jimmy went about 3 times as far as we did. He had a blast. It was cool and that’s his favorite weather. Have fun on your run.

[FONT=&quot]Today will be a bike ride. I hope to get outside, but I’m not sure how far I’m going. I’m not as disciplined as Carole and could not get up early enough to get in a long ride before the game. We’ll see. It’s cold, too, and that is magnified on a bike. Brrr. (Boy, do I have a lot of excuses today, don’t I? I need to snap out of THAT habit! :eek:). Have a great day all!

Edited to add that I stepped outside and there is no way I'm going out in THAT cold (it's 37 degrees). I don't have the proper cycling wear, and won't buy it as we don't get that cold that often. I decided I'd do some iCycles. It's been a long time since I've done any of those. Should be fun.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
:D Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday in Cheetahville! :D

Well, I'm recovering from that 10 miler... LOL... I think I must have tweaked my left knee a bit in the snow, after I thawed out post-run it started hurting and last night it was painful to go up/down stairs. Been RICE-ing it, and today was alternating ice & heat to try and loosen it up a bit before sitting through church. It seems to be doing much better. Probably will do some light yoga this evening and reevaluate tomorrow.

It has been frigid here! It was good I got out when I did yesterday-- this morning it was 3 degrees outside! :eek: :eek: :eek: (It was 30 yesterday when I ran.) We're expected to get more snow tomorrow & Tuesday... just hope it warms up again for the planned long run the end of the week.

Carole: LOL about breaking your FIL's treadmill because it wouldn't go fast enough! :D ITA with Cathy, only Iron Cheetah! :D :D :D

Jackie: ITA with the rest of Cheetahville, you & DH make a very striking couple. :) Don't think I mentioned that yesterday, although I did think it at the time.

Shelly: LOL... yeah, well, thanks for the compliment-- I may have the hair and eyes thing going for me, but there's a l-o-n-g way to go on the whole Cathe physique part! :D

Cathy: Hope the weather cooperates for your planned run today! :) I had a "green" smoothie this morning and thought of you! :D

Gloria: Yeah-- I was thinking about you while I was out there yesterday! :D I thought, hey, this isn't so bad... if I can do it, I'm absolutely positive that Gloria can! Of course, now my knees are protesting today, but I'm still optimistic! :)

Christine: Ooh... moussaka. You've been making me salivate with your food posts lately! :D IA, 37 is seriously cold for a ride... I totally don't blame you for keeping warm!!!! :D

Hi to all who follow!!! Happy Sunday, everyone!

Shelly...I would like to do that marathon with you! Thanks, I do feel on the mend but the 16 miles was tough. I did take it easy and feel a lot better after a shower! LMBO about DH moaning on the couch!!...:D...Have fun with PLB.

Cathy...LOL is right about that TM. Most likely why my FIL is not crazy about me!! I am loving the new Nano and so glad I got to use it today as it was cold and clear out for the 16. Enjoy your run or EXT workout.

Gloria...I did do the 16 strong as I could! I bet the 4 for you today will loosen up the sore muscles somewhat.

Jackie...Your DBF does look like quite a gentleman. Titans are playing next weekend. The better teams get a bye this first week of playoffs. Enjoy your rest day and church.

Christine...So is your DH whiney like Shelly's and mine when he gets sick? LOL about Jimmy being all over the place. I bet he would get along great with Beau. I was cheering for SD too, but I am concerned about Tomlinson's injury as far as the remaining playoff games. I figure the Ravens will win today but I'd rather see Miami as I am not a Baltimore fan. IA about the OD forum too. I like it much better right here...:)...Ahh, I know you are plenty disciplined. But you are also right and riding in this cold would be brutal. I have never wanted summer back so soon!!! Good choice for you to do an iCycle instead...

Brighton...3 degrees!!!
pray.gif
I thought it was quite funny when I broke that TM....not sure my FIL was though! Sorry about the knee...are your shoes fairly new?

I made 16 but it was hard...the cold wind about killed me, and being a bit under the weather did not help. But happy to be done and now some FB viewing!!

Hi Ladies –

Brighton – glad you are recovering. Hope your knee feels better soon. I live and breath food, which is one of my problems. :rolleyes: I’m a cold weather weenie, but I’m glad I rode in doors. :cool:

Carole – I figured Miami would run all over Baltimore, but they don’t seem to be. As Yogi Berra once said, it’s ain’t over ‘til it’s over. I am happy, as I am a Raven’s fan… :p I love that we can talk football and agree to disagree. It’s a cold winter, eh? Yeah, I’m ready for spring – not sure about summer yet – I like the temps in the 70’s. :D I can imagine the cold wind got to you – it was COLD out there this morning.

Cathy – tried the Spinach smoothie. Hmmm, not too sure about it. I think I’ll leave the spinach in my salad and eggs. I’m not fond of smoothies that taste healthy. :p But, seriously, it’s not too bad, and if that spinach flavor doesn’t bug you, then I think it’s an excellent way to get added nutrients for few calories.

I had a nice ride with the iCycles. I watched the Raven/Dolphin game while I rode, so that gave me something else to focus on. :D I’m starting to feel good with my riding again – it’s like running to me in that if I ride right, my HR is up there steadily. Have a great day all!

PS – have you seen the new Subway commercial where the buttons keep popping off of pants, and people sit down and break beds, etc. I had to laugh. Man, I have certainly felt that way often enough! :eek:

Evening Cheetahs! Dreary and rainy afternoon here.

Christine - Stop the enabling! :p I love panini sandwiches but never thought about buying a machine and making my own. Under $50 is a good price. Maybe the next $25 gift certificate I earn from Amazon I can get one. Thanks for the compliment! Oh, yeah, furry dogs probably keeps you vacuuming. My hair keeps me vacuuming. A lot of it seems to end up in the floor. :confused: Don't blame you for bringing the bike ride inside. If it wasn't for my RP, I wouldn't be getting outside in the cold that often either. Glad you enjoyed iCycles. Laughing at you leaving the spinach in your eggs and salad. :D So you're saying the stawberries and nectar weren't enough to kill the taste of the spinach? Haven't seen the Subway commercial yet.

Brighton - Hope the knee is ok especially after having such a good run. Cold there! BRRR!! Temps have started dropping here too. I'm ready for spring. Stay warm!! Ah, thanks to you too.

Carole - Sorry the 16 miles was tough for you today. Bet the cold was to blame. Good job still! Glad you're enjoying the new Nano. Thanks for the Titan info. Hope you enjoyed the games!

Back to the old grindstone tomorrow. So much for being lazy.

Have a good night ladies!

Hey Girls. I'm back.

We actually got back just before noon today. Had a complete blast but I am exhausted. I will NOT be going anywhere near the scale for a good week now!:eek:

On NYE I ran 3 miles before I left and then on Friday I ran 2.80 so I got in about 16.5 miles for the week so I am happy.

Tomorrow morning I hope to get up early and work out before it's back to work for me and back to school for DS. Not sure what work out I'll do. I am going to shoot from the hip in the morning and do what I am in the mood for. If that doesn't happen for some reason then I will pack my work out clothes and hop on the TM after work.

I'll be back in the morning with personals. Gotta get some sleep now.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and weekend!

Good night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.