***PYGFO***Thursday 9/13

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

So surprised that I am the one to start this thread!
Today was C&W. Fun music, fun choreography, not too tough.:) Love that core work!

Last night was the end of my birthday celebrations. Went out to dinner with friends...fun!

Off to school. Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Morning Ladies-

Lets see, my rant for the day- Tired of reading(VF-YaYa's-Here) complaints on the music in Cathe's video 'clip'<insert whining>"it's too much techno"<end whiney voice>. And, one person was complaining(on VF) about Cathe not "cueing" good in the kickbox clip?! HELLLOOOOO, this is a very, very small preview of an hour plus workout, why would anyone want to preview her cueing?-jeeze!

Ok, I'm done:)

Morning Gin:)

I'm working out today, I think I will do MM.

bbl,

Goodmorning ladies!

Gin - You are inspiring me to do C&W tonight! ;) Glad you had fun with your friends at dinner last night.

Michelle - I just have to ask - what are the YaYa's??? I hear about that group/check-in a lot and wondered what they are. Is it a group for grandmothers? My niece and nephews on my DH's side all call their grandmother YaYa and that is what we all call her to. So everytime I see YaYa's, I think of a group of grandmothers and great grandmothers. Is it insider slang for something else? ;)

Gin - I love C&W also. I need to pull that one out soon.

Michelle - I know exactly what you mean. I think that's part of the reason I am spending a lot more time here now than over there. Since the RT I definitely feel more at home here, if ya know what I mean.

Liann - it is a message board about fitness that started with a focus on "The Firm" workouts. Over the years it has developed into more of a board for just about every kind of workout, but they also have a swapmeet section where you can buy workouts from other members for cheap. That is the main reason I go there now.

Hope everyone is having a great day. So yesterday I got my Iron Woody bands. I think I am going to do a P90X rotation starting November 1. In the meantime, I want to focus on losing some body fat...so that means clean eating for me. I've been slack lately so I gotta tighten up on that. Although tonight we are going to dinner for our 10 year anniversary so I'll start tomorrow. LOL. Last night's workout was KPC, love that one!! Today is a rest day.

YaYa's is actually called- The Firm YaYa's it's on e-zboard. It is a message board that started off as a fitness board, but covers a wide range of interests and topics...If I left anything out Tess can add on here, she is also a member over there:)
ETA:
I gotta quit watching tv and trying to post at the same time.....

Good morning all to all you PYGFO goddesses.

YAYAYAYAYA... blah blah blah.... that's what that board sounds like. I can't believe they are complaining already about the new w/o's. I thought the clips looked great! And the music? What?? Cathe has by far the best music in any videos! Anything she picks motivates me! I'm going over to that board to kick some ass!! That's it!

Liann: Love the new pic. although it's just not as adorable as you in those braids!! ( I haven't said it in a while, don't be mad. LOL) Okay, so let's start to plan this get together. I told Robin I could do a Tuesday or Sunday. How about you?

Lara: hey, where are those wedding pics?? I am dying to see them!

Tess: That's right, you should feel more comfortable over here. We of course are way cooler than those YaYa's. I mean, with a name like PYGFO and all.

Michelle: MM is of course one of my favs. I think I'll join you and do it too! I think I'll do UB 2x through though... what do you think? You in??

Gin: C&W... I don't have that one. What do you think of it? Is it mostly step with just some weights, or what kind of format is it??

Robin & Laura: Hope you are feeling better now. No more sickness for a while, you hear??

I just had a client and now I need to get my butt down to the dungeon for MM. The boys are home from school today because of Rosh Hashana. What the heck? They just started school. AAAAGH!! Oh well, I think I'll drag them to the mall today. I need some hair stuff and magic eye cream. Magic because without it I fear what the ol' fine line wrinkling would be like. Although lately I have definitely spotted a couple of new lines that weren't there. I don't know how this is possible since in my mind I am still only 18. I guess my bod thinks my mind is full of crap. Oh well. ( wow, I really got off on a tangeant there)

Okay, here comes the pain and torture. Have a great day. BBL, I'm sure!

Your an upper body person aren't you Vicki? If I had arms like yours though I guess I would be also:) Listen, I will do the push ups one time but, not 2 times..ok?
<~~~hates pushups!

Okay, big secret here... but don't tell... I also HATE pushups. although I admit, it makes me do even more. Just my crazy mentality!!

You have a deal girl! Only one set of pushups.

Here we go....

Hi ladies. I'm taking a break from my mile long list of chores to post. My SIL and her DH are coming to Hotel Robin tomorrow. They have a small plane they will fly up, meaning we have to pick them up at the airport, a forty five minute trip all together. Then they plan on borrowing our car and driving to State College Saturday for the football game. They will get back here in time for dinner, then borrow our car on Sunday to visit my MIL. Then we take them back to the airport to fly home. Last year they left our car gas tank on empty. Do I sound thrilled? So today I'm shopping, cleaning and baking. Also, a friend got me some grapes yesterday, so I had to make grape juice to make into jelly tomorrow. Busy, busy, busy!

Michelle, I agree with your rant. If you don't like Cathe's workouts, let it go!

Gin, C&W is one of my favorites.

Liann and Vicki, are we talking about a GTG with us, or a trip to Cathe's gym?

Tess, Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your night out.

I have to go do some more housework, then a workout. I'm thinking of doing Rhythmic Step. See you later.

Robin, I say you give it to them empty and say "oh, you'll have to fill up the tank if you want to use hte car." :)

Vicki/Robin - If it is just a GTG with us, then Sunday would probably be easier to get through Philly. If we want to go to Cathe's though, we'd have to check her schedule and see when she is teaching. I think she only does 2 days a week. In that case, I might consider going the night before and staying the night, since I'd have to be up SUPER early the next day to get there in time. Just let me know what you ladies are up for.

Robin-how you fix that is leave just enough gas in the tank to where they will have to put something in}( Basicly what Tess said.
You make homeade grape jelly?! I make blueberry jam, wanna trade a jar?:)

Ok Vicki- I did MM. It has been a while since I did this workout, I upped the weight in everything<patting myself o the back>. I guess I do have muscle hiding somewhere in my upper body:p

Hi Again!

I am also a YAYA member, but only for the trades and swaps. Although, I got rid of all of my trade items (Firms) so really don't use it anymore.
Okay girls.....please quite talking about this get-together that you are cooking up. Those of of that can't make it are becoming quite jealous!!;-)

Michelle--I agree about all of the "YaYa Music Complaining"! Enough!x(

Liann--Love the Hairy Pottercat.:7

Tess--Who are your BEAUTIFUL friends in your new avatar pic??;-) p90x, huh? }( }( }( Happy 10th Anniversary!

Vicki--You make me so laugh out loud!!How is the HRM working for you? Hope well. You don't have IMAX2? It is on the C&W dvd and is great fun. Worth the price! C&W is a circuit w/o with 4 cycles of step , then weights, some compound moves. Fun music, but not one of the more difficult workouts.

ETA: Also has a GREAT core section!!

Robin--You are such a good hostess. Enjoy your family visit.

Gin:)

Believe me, I've thought of giving them a car with an empty tank, but I don't want to sink to their level. We went on a winery trip with them one day. SIL's DH was buying wine like there was no tomowrrow. SIL said "One thing you can say about DH, he's not cheap." We have since dicovered she is right. He is not cheap when he is buying something for himself. We've have taken them out to dinner and seen him order dessert to go, because he is too full to eat it at the restaurant! Oh, now you've got me started.

Liann, I'll bet we could share a room if we're talking about going to Cathe's. I think she usually teaches on Friday mornings.

Yeah Michelle, my DH loves homemade grape jelly. PM me if you are serious about trading a jar!

Hello.

Another busy day at work today. Our staff meeting tonight was a potluck and I think I ate 4 full servings of dessert--not to mention the 2 brownies I ate before I went to our staff meeting:9 They were good at the time, but now I just feel gross!! I was able to fit in SB and a premix of CM, but I needed to work out all day to work off all of the food I consumed.
Today has been a little rough. I found out today that one of my patients died. I only saw him over the summer months until he went back to school, but I am so heartbroken. He was the second child to pass away this week. I did not treat the other boy, but everyone's spirits are way down. I am not sure why this happens??

Gin...I hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations. I love to do the Terminator DVD with C&W mixed with IMAX2--very fun (and hard)!

Michelle...I am with you. How can you really already be bashing workouts that you have barely seen? They look awesome to me--can't wait to get them! Yum....blueberry jam!!

Tess...How do you like your Iron Woody Bands? I didn't even now they existed until I read Amy Bento was using some of their equipment. Are they used in P90X too? I hope you had a great Anniversary. I need to join you in the clean eating. I think I will have to start on Monday. I already know I will be bad this weekend:(

Vicki...I agree, anything Cathe picks motivates me. Now, go take care of business over there at that other board;) I know, I promise I will get pictures up soon---I really do. It is so sad, everyone keeps asking me and all I can say is I only have a few developed. Maybe I can take care of that this weekend. Thanks for asking though. Maybe you will help motivate me to get it done:)

Michelle and Vicki...I am jealous of your great upper body workout today. I feel so uneven b/c I did GS BSB on Sun and haven't had time to work in CT...maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

Robin...You do sound busy! My DH would be very happy if I made grape jelly. That is the ONLY kind he will eat and he looks at me like I am crazy if I eat any other flavor.

Okay, off to do a little paperwork and watch one TV show before I have to think about bed. See you all tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.