40X with my 35#kb::::6 full cycles
eek.gif

**pullup/pushup pyramid:
pullups: 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 all assisted
pushups: 5-10-15-20-15-10-5 all on toes (as always
wink.gif
)

**comments:
* I had miss counted the cycles...I was on cycle 6, but thought it was 5!! so when I wrote them down I was pleasantly surprised.
smile.gif

* I really struggled on the last cycle of swings, by #35 the only thing that got me thru was that I did not want to repeat the week at that point!!
the active rests I did were:- in order- jumping jacks, mountain climbers, jog, lateral skates, triple crush, jog
* a good workout today...thank goodness this weeks swings are over!!!
tongue.gif

BBL for personals...gotta wake the kids and get them to school!!

Have a great day!

Back again!:)

Farmer~ Enjoy your session with the RKC instructor! Let us know how it goes!

Marcy
~ How was 30 swings today?? For some reason the jump from 20 to 30 was hard, but from 30 to 40 not to bad. WTG with the pullups!!!!!:)

Andilynn
~ Soooo....do you LOVE the ropes or what????:) I hope you are having fun with them!

waves to Jane, Gayle and Vilma!!

Have a super day today everyone!! One more day till Friday!! whoo hooo!!!

Good morning! Today will be a Newport day. Last nite I did the step routine from 4DS(LIS)and I always enjoy that, it's one of my faves! Then.......I tried out my ropes by doing all the rope sections from Santa Monica, I'm so glad I broke down and ordered these because I love , love , love them!!!!! What a great cardio effect without any impact on the joints and I'm assuming it's going to do a great job on my arms!

Deanie- Thanks for all the info on the ropes , I ordered them of of Ebay and was amazed at the great price and how fast they shipped them! I think I may become addicted to them!

Waves to all!:)

Good morning!

Deanie - Looks like ETK is going great!

Andilynn - Yay ropes!!! Have fun with them.

Jane - Hope you had a good run.

Farmer - That's awesome about getting to work with an RKC.

Waves hello to Marcy and Vilma. :)

No workout yesterday. :mad: We had a minor problem with our roof. A bunch of shingles got blown off our roof cap and DH and our contractor had to fix it last night. We're supposed to get 5 days of rain/snow/sleet so it had to be done.

Anyhoo...tonight is "Deadlift Thursday" 10 x 3 at 155lbs again with 45 sec rest between sets. I'll probably do some barbell presses or something afterward.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Hi Everyone,

I didn't run last night due to the weather but I did do the February Challenge and 5 rounds of the following:

2 minute jump rope
20 kettlebells swings w/30#
20 Weighted squats w/18# kb

It was a great workout!

I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight. I had a somewhat crazy night last night. I had to run out to my parent's house at 1am because my dad fell then almost drove right through a tornado. I had to go back to my parent's house and spend the night. I missed the tornado by seconds. After seeing the damage this morning I feel lucky to be alive. I'm sure I would have been crushed by trees. I have to see what the situation is at my parent's house. Their house is fine but they have no power and after seeing the damage, I'm not sure when the power will be back up.

Deanie ~ I'm glad you're having success with ETK. When my life is more calm, I'll have to pull it out and do it!

Andilynn ~ After hearing your report about the ropes, I may break down and get them.

Farmer ~ Please let us know how your session went with the RKC. My ex-personal trainer is trying to get certified as a RKC but she is very scared!!

Waves hello to Marcy, Gayle and Vilma!

HOLY COW, JANE!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Sounds like *somebody* was looking out for you last night. I hope your Dad's okay and your folks get their power back soon.

Dad is ok. He's 86 and has dementia. My sisters and I have started sleeping over there at night basically to give my mom some time to get on the computer and chill. Of course, last night they had people over and mom said I didn't have to sleep over and then he falls at 1 am.

My sister came with me and she was adamant that we leave and go back home even though the storm was coming. After seeing the damage in the daylight, she told me that she was glad that I was driving. She said if she was driving, we would have kept on going. We definitely would have been toast.

Good Afternoon!

I did my pullups first: 2, 1&3/4, 1, 1&3/4 and 1, between 3/4-1 and 3/4.

I did 4 cycles of the warmup: wall squats, figure 8s (I just realized I was supposed to do halos! Oh, well!) and pumps. I did 5 cycles with 30 swings. 30 wasn't as bad as I thought. The 25# almost felt light (I did say almost!) My active rests were: hop on each foot for 30 seconds, forearm plank for 1 min.; 1 arm chest press (ladder of 5-4-3), jogging and cossack stretches.

Then I did the buns and thighs and stretch workouts from 10 min. Rapid Results Pilates.

Deanie - Great workout! I don't blame you for not wanting to repeat a week. In my case, though, I happen to think it was probably better I repeated the week to get me comfortable with 30 swings and to break me in for 40 which I know is going to be a big challange for me. I can't wait until the swings are over so we can get to ROP although I might be sorry I just said that!

Andilynn - Congratulations on getting the ropes!

Jane - So sorry to hear about your parents losing power and what you're going through with your dad. We had tornado warnings all night last night but luckily we missed it. We're always lucky enough to miss them.

Waves hello to Gayle and Farmer!

Marcy

Good Afternoon

Jane~ I'm glad to hear you and your family is okay!! I hope your parents get their power back soon. Sorry to hear about your dad- mine was just diagnosed with Lewy body- a type of dementia:( I'm glad you and your sisters are there for your mom. My brothers and I all live far from my parents who moved to Florida about 9 years ago. ETK is a great workout- loving it so far!

Gayle~ Ohh! I like your deadlift workout today. glad you were able to fix your roof, but I hope the bad weather passes you by....

Marcy~ great work today. I feel the same way about the swings- I want to get to ROP too- and yes, we may be sorry we said that!!LOL Once we get to ROP, I won't be adding anything to the workouts.

Andilynn~ I am so excited and happy for you that you love the ropes too!!!:D Did you fast forward with the SM dvd to do the ropes? I wish they had a premix for the ropes only! You should try a tabata wiht the ropes! that'll really get you going!!LOL

Deanie - Sorry to hear about your dad. How is your mom coping with it? In ROP, I will probably add a little bit of cardio in although after 100 swings with only 10 seconds rest in between, I don't know how much energy I'll have left!

Marcy

thanks Marcy~ My mom is okay, as well as can be expected.... its just really hard with them being the only ones down there. I try to call everyday, and I know one of my brothers does too, but I really wish they had moved either here or Jersey (where my brother is) in 2006 when then were considering it. Now its too late- I think my dad would get worse quicker if he were to move! I really feel bad for my dad too- it was so hard for him to see my great grandmother (his grandma) with dementia and then his mom, my grandma, with it really bothered him, and now he has it. He is only 71...

you are the woman if you can do cardio with ROP!!
:);):cool: I don't think I can!:)

I am thinking of trying the 35#kb next week for TGU!!:eek: still haven't tried the 30#kb for snatches though...to chicken!!LOL

Deanie- How do I do tabata with the ropes? Is there a video on AOS of a example? Also in ETK it says to do a wall squat in the warm-up , I found a video example of the pump and halo but I am unsure what kind of wall squat they are asking for? I'm sorry about your dad I know that has to be tough when you don't live nearby, I'm very lucky ,I'm smack dab in between my mom and inlaws( only about a 1/4 mile away on either side of us) so if god forbid anyone does need us we can get there fast..

Jane-Thank goodness your all right, we were very lucky as all the bad weather blew right by with the cold front- hope your dad is ok too.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.