***HATERS NEW YEARS EVE***

Miss Lee

Cathlete
No! No! I don't want you to get the wrong idea here because I'm NOT starting our thread -- I'm just reporting in. I have no clue where y'all are, and I haven't even looked for a weekend thread yet, not that I'm not interested mind you -- but it's really late, I just got home, and I'm wiped out...oh yeah, and I haven't had internet service for over a day -- close to 2 days, actually. Roadrunner went kaput for the entire area :eek: . No email, no Cathe forums, no internet banking, no internet shopping...I was in complete despair http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked017.gif

Okay girlies -- I've had one helluva weekend and I'm whipped. I have lots of Nervous Nellie stories for you, and other great tales ripped from the pages of my true life, but they must wait until after this horrid holiday crap is behind me. Only 2 more days and then my time is mine, MINE, ALL MINE!!! Ahhh hahahaha! :p

G'night :*

Michele and Other Haters.
You beat me to the reporting in. I thought about starting the weekend thread, but my Sat. was full of buying salt, groceries, and shopping at the big mall. I did some major shoveling Friday night without breaking a sweat, and then did LowMax the following Sat early AM.
Tonight, it appears that most of the people I know are staying home. We're again supposed to get hit with some heavy snow by Wed AM, another 4-6".
We look forward to your stories, Michele. I don't have any to tell. My supervisor's last day is this Friday. Mixed feelings about her leaving.
Time to get ready for work. BBL around 4pmish.

Hi Michele & Jennifer!!! WTH is everyone else? Just to save you guys some trouble, I did search and the last post was on Friday, no hating over the weekend!

Michele - you still have company til tomorrow correct? How are you feeling?

Jennifer - I think you live in the winter capitol of the US, huh? We had snow yesterday, about 3 inches I think. Then tonight we're supposed to get 2-5 more and then that is it for the week.

Eh, my DH has 2 cars that he races so he put one up for sale b/c he got it from a trade. Michele & Jennifer I could've came to see you guys. Someone from Michigan called several times wanting to purchase it but he wanted my DH to meet him in Ohio to pick it up. It could've been a road trip!!! But, instead of selling it, he is trading it locally for a Malibu. I was hoping he would just sell it b/c he doesn't need 2 toys!!!

Today is my last day of slacking off. Tomorrow I"m starting my day of with, get this, Basic Step!!! I've never even taken it out of the wrapper, it came with my step that I got for Christmas last year. But since I haven't worked out in a I couldn't tell ya how long, I figure that I'll start with that one. I'm also going to start logging my points for WW. I've been paying the stupid $17/month and haven't even used it. I'm giving myself 2 months and if I don't start following it regularly, I'm cancelling it. Why waste the money?

I never did get my house cleaned. I'm working on that today. I made myself a list to use after I have my house cleaned. I broke it down to each day of the week and will do different chores each day rather than trying to get everything done on a Saturday. My goal for 2008 is to get my life more organized b/c right now everything is chaotic.

We're not going out tonight either. My mom said she would watch the kids if DH and I wanted to go out but that was before we got this snow and before I heard the forecast for tonight. She lives about 40 minutes from me and I don't want to have her traveling in the snow. Besides, there isn't too much to do around here anyway. We'd probably just have gone for dinner.

Hey Robin if you're reading this you almost had visitors on Saturday. My DH's grandma was having her Christmas get together this weekend and I *thought* it was on Saturday. So we drive to her house and nobody is there, no even her. I said to my DH, are you sure it isn't tomorrow???? So we drive up to where she works and she was there. She works at the subshop, I can't think of the name of it though. So we got subs and drove home. Your neighbor was out of state visiting relatives or we would've went to his house and for sure I'd have popped over to see if you were home. My DH says he can't believe that you live so close and I met you on Cathe.com.

Well, I'm just wasting time, sitting here, typing when I really should be cleaning. My son paid me $6 the other day b/c he said I clean too much and don't get paid.

Jen - how are you feeling?

Aug - you have big plans tonight? Or are you still out of town? Gabe got a Nintendo DS for Christmas and you NEED to get Mario Party. OMG is it fun. I was up til well after midnight playing it. The sad thing is we fight over it - a 33 year old should not be arguing with a 6 year old over a video game.

OK, I really am going now. I'll BBL if I have time. Toodles!

Dana!! I would have loved to have you drop in. Of course, I was at work. Does your DH's grandma work at Thad's? One of my co-workers went to school with the owner. I have another goal for you in 2008. Now, write this down, underline it and circle it: I WILL MEET ROBIN THIS YEAR!

Yikes, it's lunch time. I'll be back for more later, haters.

Hello, a quick check-in for me...I may BBL. I am STILL not feeling great, I guess it has only been since Fri afternoon, my sister was down for 6 days & my Mom for 5 when she had it so guess I shouldn't be shocked.

I am so pissed though, Fri was my night off from working out. Saturday I couldn't even move from the couch except to go to the bathroom & get food/drink as I haven't lost my appetite! x( I was really bad Saturday. Yesterday I was feeling a LITTLE better & thought I could try a workout since I didn't have to do anything else well I did buns of steel & then the w/u & first 3 drills of DM & threw up, LOL! Showered, did laundry, and laid around the rest of the evening. I went to Meijer this morning now going to rest for an hour so I can try to find some energy to do Tone It Up...it isn't real high impact so I think I can manage...shh, don't tell Chad or my Mom. :)

Chad will be back in town tomorrow afternoon/evening so I'm sure he'll come by for a bit although prob not long as he'll be tired. Tonight I am doing NOTHING, stinks but I know I can't be going out when I feel like this, I'd rather use my energy to workout than go out!

Sorry for no personals, I'll BBL if anyone is around!

Hey there Jennifer, Dana, Robin, and Jen!!!

I'm just walking out the door to run my last errands for 2007 -- WOO HOO!! :p

We're staying home tonight. We don't drink so we won't be christening the new year with anything more bubbly than a diet root beer :7

I made a pot of Tuscan white bean soup and DH is going to have a piece of fish (yuk!!). I'm stopping by the store to pick up a loaf of crusty bread to have with my soup, and some salad fixins'.

I'm starting my new rotation today -- the 16 week weight loss rotation that I posted awhile back. Today is a cardio day and I'm planning a Cardio Coach workout.

Jennifer - I'm exhausted reading about your weekend! I hope things settle down for you at work. Have you made a decision about whether or not you're going to look for another job?

Dana - I can hear the resolve in your tone to get organized in 2008. You'll be in my prayers and I wish you much success with that. I think that's probably the key for you. You're so busy that you really do have to plan and organize in order to fit everything in. Plan for rest, too, because you do way too much, young lady.

I'm so jealous of how close you and Robin live to each other. You better meet up. It's ridiculous to be so close and not to have met!! I'm really hoping I can find a way to meet some of you in 2008!

Robin - Go meet Dana -- LMAO!! I've been praying for your knee. You go this Friday for an MRI, right? You'll have to let us know the minute you find out your results.

Jen - REST!!! REST!!! REST!!! Your body desperately NEEDS REST!!! Do I have to come over there!? Please -- take a full week off. You'll probably see good results if you do ;) . I can tell you for sure you won't lose any of your gains in that amount of time ;) :* . Be kind to yourself.

August - What are you up to tonight? Did you have to work? Have you planned a rotation?

Alrighty -- I'm signing off for the day and I probably won't be back on the boards again until Wednesday. Y'all take care and have a...

[font color=red size=+4 face=="comic sans ms"]Happy New Year!!![/font] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/champis2.gif

OMG! Do I have a story for you guys!! My nephew, the one who graduated from nursing school last year, was working out at the gym when a man collapsed. The guy was unresponsive -- he wasn't breathing and didn't have a pulse, so my nephew did CPR and brought him back!!! My DN is a big hero!!! In all my years as a nurse I was afraid that something like this would happen to me but it never did, and believe me, I wouldn't wish it on anybody! It's one thing for something like this to happen in a hospital setting, where you can push a button and a crew of well trained professionals will be there in a matter of seconds to help you, and something else entirely to perform CPR at the local gym ;). I am beaming with pride :) :) :)

Whoo Hoo for your nephew, Michele. Wow, he must feel so good about his chosen career now. Hugs to him and you.

And thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.