***Coolers- Muscle Soreness Monday*******

cab0899

Cathlete
Oh my goodness, a busy week away, 3 hrs sleep and than a half marathon, not the best combination. I am absolutely wiped. My legs are fried, my asthma is not controlled, and I have sleep so many hours in the last day. I'm glad that I don't go back to work until tomorrow. I took today as ds has an appt at children's hospital for his eyes. I'm not sure if I'll be starting the + today.;) Kim

Good morning all...busy day for me...gotta get ready for our Toronto trip! I also have to pack the diva for her trip to NYC and then to stay at my mom's for a couple of days while we are gone. XDH is still in town...Will he ever leave??? I should be back for a real chat this afternoon...

Kim....
Sorry your legs are so fried...Sounds to me like you need another full rest day! What's wrong with DS's eyes?? Poor guy! He is having all sorts of problems, isn't he? Get that asthma back in line today, lady...I know you don't want to mess with that!

Wendy...
Sorry about your massage...I know that is a bummer for you...Email me later when you get the chance so we can coordinate Toronto a bit...I will be around late this afternoon. Hope you had a good father's day with Phil!

Jeanette..
Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. I wish you were here to go to the wineries with us too! It is beautiful country up there...Very green and lush. I'm glad you got some kid and grandkid time in yesterday. Good luck with your grievance...I know that is a total PITA!

Okay...gotta run...back this afternoon to catch up a bit!

Kisses....
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout Upper Plus and Abs/Core Plus. Saturday was Kenpo+ and Sunday I ran an easy 2m run with Cami.

Sorry I wasn't on all weekend, but I was just so dang busy. I had to go down to the faire site for one of my acting classes, and pick up our over night guest. And Sunday was our rehearsal, and a mad dash to DH's parents to have cake, and celebrate Fathers Day. I was asleep yesterday by 10:30. ;-)

The girls sleepover went really well, and all the girls where asleep around 2am. :D The event that I attended in garb was really interesting. It was for people that bought tickets for this dinner/action for $120. They had a silent auction, and also auctioned off some high $ items. It was interesting, some of these people where really bad dressers. One guy had on a blue jacket with mauve colored pants. These pants had these little blue designs on them.

Today our critter sitter is coming over to meet Cami, she will be coming over once a day to let her out while we are at faire. I'm hoping this works, because Cami loves to stay at home. But she will need to be let out during the day.

Kim, I can believe that you are very tired. Traveling and then running the half must have been tough. Good for you though on finishing. Maybe today you can squeeze in a little nap. ;-) Hope your asthma gets under control, and your DS's appointment goes well.

Debra, When is XDH heading out of town? :D Must be getting excited to be heading out to see Eion this weekend. :D Your relaxing by the pool sounds so wonderful. Dang I need to find something like that for the girls and I. I just might need something like that for after work some days. :D The wine festival sounded like my kind of thing too. I'm going to have to live through you for this summer, because it sure sounds like you are doing some things that I would enjoy.

Jeanette, Hope you are not to sore this morning from the woodcutting. Glad you where able to have some time with your family. I tried calling my parents yesterday, but of course they where not home. Will try today, because they usually are home on the weekdays. You should see how many grievances that my boss gets everyday. But, it is the only way to get things to change. If the HR department gets too many of these, someone will notice hopefully.

Wendy, Congrats to your DD's for passing ther evaluations. The gardens where really really nice. I love Peonies, and they had a yellow variety that I have never seen before. So now I am going to be hunting down that in the next couple of days. Around here all they sell are the pinks/reds and the white. Must have the yellow! :7 :7 The worst part of TTOM this time was the cramping, so DH didn't have the full effect. But I did manage to complain some. :D :D He is getting the PMS crabs with my DD though. She is so crabby right now I'm ready to scream myself. x( Sorry to hear that you missed your massage appointment. ;(

Patricia, How was that race yesterday! You had some great weather to be sitting there watching it.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good afternoon!

Hope everyone had a nice time spending Father's Day with the man you love. Since both dh's and my fathers have passed, we stayed home this weekend. Since we're hardly ever home on the weekends, Phil decided to replace the deck on our front porch. We wanted to wait until we could decide and design a new front porch. But, the wood was almost as old as this ancient farmhouse! And, about to fall down. So, it had to get done. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to scrape and paint the windows and trim while I paint the porch. There's never enough time...

I can finally look forward to the yoga workshop now that my attention isn't consumed with homeschool. It's strange how I can't shake homeschool off my mind. I literally dream about what I need to do in preparation for next year!!! Actually, it's next month. I'm never taking the summer off again if I can help it! But, ya'll know how my summer was like last year.

Anyhoo... I went shopping yesterday while Phil was playing with his tools.}( Got a cute pair of white Nike capris on sale at Foot Locker, a cute pair of Roxi sandals and brown leather sandals at Macys, and an outfit for Phil. I'll probably exchange the leather sandals for a pair of Clark sandals tomorrow because they just seem too dressy for my workout clothes! :7

Enough about ME Me Me!!!

What's going on around the Watercooler? Bottoms Up!

Laurie :) :) :)
Nice to see you and your dh survived a house full of estrogen!!! ;-)Did you mean to say dinner/auction? What kind of action did they pay for after dinner with you dressed up in this interesting garb?!?!?!}( }( Why don't you nominate this man for What Not To Wear?}:)+ My dd's art teacher's wife does critter sitter care. It should work out just fine! Will this new sitter run with Cami too?;-) We're too cheap to hire anyone. We take turns with our neighbors instead.:D

Debra :) :) :)
Will do. I googled the hotel where you will be staying. It's one subway stop down from me.:) Close enough, yet far enough away for you and CBL to have your own private time. :D }( :+ What is that man still in town for?!?! Has not Father's Day passed already! When are you leaving again? Never mind, I'll find out when we get our ducks in order.

Kim:) :) :)
Now, I have to say... You are CRAZY!!! It's bad enough you voluntarily run 5Ks :+, but to do so on 3 hours of sleep!!!! It's a wonder that 1. You woke up on time. 2. You still got in your car. 3. You ran!!! ^^5^^ to you for just doing it!!! I think you should rest in between ds's eye appointment and start X+ in a few days or even next week. Keep safe!!! Dd's hands seem to be fine now. I really think it was the chemicals my neighbor uses to shock clean her pool. It seems to be cooling off here. Not to be confused with cold enough to snow! OMW!!! Do you guys ever thaw out? LOL

Jeanette:) :) :)
After you're done with planting your garden, wanna come over do mine?;) Of course that would mean we'd have to weed mine of all the overgrown weeds and saplings.:eek: I've been so bad about my yard. I just don't care what the neighbors think anymore!!!:p :7 :+ Maybe if Phil finishes the front porch and builds me a back porch, I'd get back into landscaping. But, I'm not outside enough to enjoy looking at the fruits of my labor or lack thereof. How are your arms feeling today with all the wood gathering?

Okay ladies. I haven't decided what cardio I'll do before Eoin. Probably a little bit of BM2 step. I want to devote this week to yoga only. I'm only doing a little cardio to warm me up.

Chat more later.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Had to edit dh to dh's father:eek: since dh is clearly alive and kicking!!!

I did a very modified version of Total Body+, interesting workout. Having trouble getting my asthma under control still which is unusual as it's pretty mild and not a big deal.

Wendy- Sorry about the massage. Glad dd's hands are better. So are the new clothes to meet Eoin in?? Glad the girls did so well on their evaluations!!
LOL, that would have been a very slow race! It was 13.1 miles although my Garmin said 13.22 miles. I would have been happy with only a 5 km yesterday. Actually I did sleep in, I had my alarm on for 5am and was to leave by 5:30 am and DH woke me up at 5:17. I had my clothes laid out and ate some toast/coffee in the car.
I thankfully have to say we are snow free here in Winnipeg, when we were on vacation last week we were 1600 miles north of here (beside Alaska) and in the mountains, I was told that they do have snow every month of the year.

Debra- The wineries sound very nice! DS was born with very limited eyesight, we were told when he was 8 weeks old that he was totally blind although I never belived that. He has a nystagmus and has continued to improve since birth. He does not have distance vision and so most likely wont be able to drive but so far he has managed at a faily competitve level in sports although he was finding hockey harder this year as the kids are starting to shoot from futher away.

Jeanette- I'm glad that you got lots of family time on Father's Day.
Have fun at the golf lesson.

Laurie Sounds like a busy weekend for you! Glad the sleepover went well!
Kim

Good Evening Everyone:

Well, home and unpacked and busy doing laundry. Just popping in to say a quick hello.

We had a good time at the races. Up Thurs. at 5am and got down to the racetrack at around 8pm with a few delays along the way. Of course someone had to have their car inspected while we were in line behind them at customs}( }(

We all had a good time, some better then others. Matthew threw up 3x over a period of 3 days. Oh yeah inside a rental R.V. that has to be returned all cleaned. Happy to say he seems to finally have gotten some of his appetite back at dinner tonight. DH got sick on race day so missed the race poor guy. But could hear the race we were so close to it where we were camping. Unfortunately we couldn't get it to come on any of the 3 t.v.'s this r.v. had. Oh well, thats life. Got to go to a truck race the day b/4 so that was fun. I didn't have tickets for the Nascar race as we new DS wouldn't be able to sit in the stands for that long. 1.5hr was just right for him at the truck races. I got 1/2 way thru reading B.Walters on this trip so I'm happy. I got to relax and have all my meals cooked for me except I seemed to be the only one making coffee. Hmm, I'm sitting here thinking why didn't I take DH's ticket? Never even crossed my mind! By this time I'd had enough of the spoiled kids from the other family we were with so was quite happy to just some peace and quiet on Sun. Both DH and DS slept the afternoon away. Got some rain on Friday and it looked like it would rain for the race but it held off.

here are some pics:

www.picturetrail.com/mommapew

Haven't had time to read over the last few days posting but will get up to speed tomorrow hopefully.

Kim - awesome on the race. I never worked up the energy to do more than stretch getting out of bed. Something about sitting in a car all day just wears me out. Don't know how you did it on 3hrs sleep. Hope your family is so proud of you. Huggs that you get your legs back quick! Poor guy, not only problems with his eyes but isn't he going in for surgery shortly too?

Hi to everyone else - best go and put the next load in the washer.

I need an early night tonight.

Hi there everyone!! So glad to see that Patricia has returned from the depths of NASCAR! Let's see..I ran a lot of errands today...and bought my last round of clothes on XDH...so I had to make that good. I actually worked out this afternoon....I did my own version of PY4H2...kind of a mix and match of what I could handle. I am currently sitting on a bag of ice to help my hammie...For some reason it keeps melting...does that mean I have a hot a$$???? LOL! Got the Diva packed for her NYC trip...so I just have to pack myself now.

onto personals....

Patricia...
Thanks for sharing your pics...It looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry DH was sick for the race, though. That su**s! Glad you guys were able to go to the truck race...that sounds like fun. I guess there are all kinds of other activities at the races. Good luck on catching up on that laundry!

Kim...
I didn't realize that DS had vision problems. Poor guy! I know he is really active with sports...I hope this doesn't slow him down in the future. I looked up nystagmus so I would at least know what you were talking about. I am assuming there is nothing they can do about his distance vision. Take it easy and get that asthma calmed down!

Wendy...
My dear, give yourself a break over the homeschooling! Your girls are doing fine...and it is okay if you take a couple of weeks off. I am sure that going to Thailand this year pushed you guys a bit more towards the end. My XDH will leave on Sunday before I get back on Monday from Toronto...so tomorrow is the last day I will have to see him! He is supposed to be going to his attorney tomorrow afternoon...keep your fingers crossed that he accepts all of my wants from the last agreement. Sounds like you did some good shopping yesterday on Father's day...lol. Now the front porch, hunh?? You guys always have some kind of project going on! Poor Phil...His work is never done!

Laurie...
Sounds like you guys had a good weekend...Glad the sleepover went well. Sorry that it doesn't look like a new dress for you this season, though. Tell DH to get on the ball!!!! Hope Cami and the critter sitter got along famously! Polly loves everyone, so that is never a problem for us! Sometimes she is a bit too rambunctious, though. I am WICKED excited about meeting Eoin this weekend!!! XDH leaves on Sunday, but tomorrow is the last day that I have to see him....although, I really shouldn't complain...He has actually been easy enough to get along with this time. I guess it is true that time heals all wounds. You definitely need to find a local pool for you guys to go to...The girls would love to do that during the day...And it would be great for you guys to go to together in the evening. Lots of wineries around here...My BFF will be up next month and I am taking her to Childress then.

Jeanette....
Hope your golf instructor was able to give you some tips to help you be more like Tiger! CBL's back was still giving him a lot of problems today. Ugh. Hope he is feeling better soon since he is a bit of a bear when he is in pain...poor guy! Hope you weren't too tuckered out after your weight lifting session with the wood yesterday! I still have some trees to take down if your DH is interested!

Okay...think that catches me up for now...Hope everyone has a great night. I should have time for a quick check in tomorrow. And CBL has convinced me to take the laptop with me to Toronto...so, I should be able to at least stop by and say hello while I am gone...Wait...maybe this is a stupid question, but do you guys use the same sort of outlets in Canada?? I know that things are different in Europe, but what about our closest neighbors?? Anyone can answer this question for me, please!

Kisses....
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi Coolers,
Hope all the muscle soreness is easing up. I'm a tad sore myself. Had a good golf lesson. My oh my is golf a tough game. I had a 1/2 hour lesson and will get another one in a week from this Thursday. My teacher is not accepting pay from me for the lessons just yet. I think I'm his experiment. He's a very good teacher and knows that I'm trying hard. Afterwards, I played 7 holes by myself. I'll be playing with a girlfriend on Wednesday and my BIL on Friday. I also filed the grievance today with the institution's Employee Relations Officer. Hoping this does something.

The new tires came for the lawn mower today and DH put them on for me. After golf, I mowed the front and back lawns and they look nice again. All is well. I still need to plant those little succulents. Tomorrow, after the ladies bike ride. Always something, huh?

Kim, hoping you are feeling a bit more rested. You are one strong gal to do all you did. I can't even imagine running a half, let alone doing it on so little sleep. Hope the dr. appointment went okay for your DS. Why is your asthma worse today?

Debra, how's that knee today? You will have a blast with Wendy and Patricia, I'm sure! I was thinking how envious (in a good way) I am that you live fairly close to Wendy and can meet up and have fun together. I feel so much better now that the grievance has been filed. No, my instructor never called me "Tiger" today. Sigh. I've always been pretty good at sports, but this game is hard. Once in a while, I'll hit a good one and it brings me back to being excited again. I just need to get it thru my head that it takes years to get decent. It's just that I see older ladies really hit the ball a long way, but when I hit it, it doesn't go very far at all. I'm sure my DH would LOVE to cut down your trees. My Dad calls him a "wood rat". I'm always scared when he cuts trees down. Call me "nervous Nelly". I have no idea about the outlets in Canada, but I'm assuming they are the same as in the USA.

Laurie, my goodness, you have been busy. Hope your Father's Day was good. Your parents are on the go a lot, aren't they? I think our DD gets a little frustrated at times that DH and I go a lot. LOL about the mauve and blue. Management sure knows there is a problem with our Personnel office. I can't believe they haven't moved the Personnel Manager to another area. It's totally out of control. Even our Labor Relations Manager has filed a grievance against Personnel. That's pretty bad. Hope you can find the yellow peonies. I'll have to look them up and see what they look like. I mowed the lawns tonite

Wendy, bet the deck looks nice. Our back porch is almost done. We have lots of projects around here that are "almost" done. DH has a problem with closure I think. When you say you bought an outfit for Phil, is it something kinky? LOL! Re: yardwork, I wouldn't be opposed to astroturf in the front yard, and plastic flowers in the planters. I love the look of a nice garden and yard, but don't want to devote the little time I have after work to tending it. I keep saying that if/when I retire, I will garden/cook/clean/whatever. My arms are a tad sore from woodcutting, but not bad at all. I was thinking while I was packing all of those heavy wood rounds around how good my endurance is from Cathe DVD's. But then again, the cycling doesn't hurt either. I thought my back muscles would be more sore but they weren't at all.

Patricia, glad you had a good time at the races. Your poor DH, having to miss the race. I'll have to check out your pics when I get done posting here. Hope everyone is feeling better now.

Must hit the hay now, planning on a circuit tomorrow.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.