***Cheetahs***Saturday, Aug. 12

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs!

It's perfect running weather out there (sunny and 59 degrees) so I'm planning to head out there in a just few and will follow up with GS C&T.

So the question this morning is: Christine, was it too much tequila or not enough?

Also, has anyone given any serious thought to a cheetah get-together? Chicago? Or maybe NYC for the East Coasters?

Have a great day, everyone! Will check back again later.
Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...good workout planned. So the Garmin is working well?

Barbara...thanks you for your prayers. And yes I also did get a good nights sleep. That is great you got thru Imax2 without modifying!!! So which iClimb are you doing?

Christine...your DH's card sounds very sweet. So did you get the Ipod? Isn't it nice when our DH's help with the cooking. His dinner sounds interesting! It sounds like you have a great evening with friends and family planned...:)

I'll be doing one of Janis Saffells kickboxing workouts, abs and either GS or L&G Floorwork.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning everyone:

I have IMAX 1 on the rotation and then probably some elliptical work to 'cool down'. }(

We are headed to a nearby hotel for the weekend to "get away" and take it easy. I hope you all have wonderful weekends.

Marcia.

Good Morning everyone. It is just beautiful out.

Carole I downloaded #8 40 minutes last night so I will try that one. I have the monthly motivator but I think after this I will probally just get the year plan. I will let you know how it is. My favorite so far is the #9 40 minute. I also have #3 40 minute too which is good.

Hi Cathy:)

Edit: Hi Marcia!

Thanks Barbara...let me know how you like #8. I did one of the iTreads thurs #3 20 min, not bad. I am trying to find a fairly easy 20 min one for my DH when I get my Elliptical...that is if any are "fairly easy"!!!...

Marcia...have a very fun "getaway"...:)

Hiya Cheetahs!!! I did my longest run to date yet- SIXTEEN miles!!! It felt great, the temp was awesome (low 60's w/ a nice breeze) & I felt strong the whole time. Erin & Melissa ran w/ me & we all did great! I still feel great now, stretched a bit & had my oatmeal & am going to stretch some more.

We had fun at the IL's w/ all of Greg's siblings & their kids. I ran a 5 mile HILLY run (we were in Missouri) Thurs morning, then we took the kids to the St. Louis Zoo. It was fun, but it rained for most of the morning so we got soaked! (and I did take a pic of the cheetahs!) Then y'day was my rest day & we just hung around their house fishing & spending time together. Drove back last night (it's about 3 hrs) & didn't get home til after 8.

AF (or do you call it TOTM here?) showed up early on Thurs & surprised me! I'm glad to get it over with now so that I won't have to worry about it for the half marathon next weekend!

I don't know what we'll do today, probably some yard work & unpacking from our trip. I thought about the pool, but I don't think it's going to be hot enough!

Hope you're all doing well! I'll catch up later!

Hugs,

Jess :: way to go on the strong 16-miler! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I say the cheetah pic's gotta become your avatar! :) By the way, I say Aunt Flo, too.

Marcia :: enjoy your getaway!

Carole :: glad you enjoyed a good night's sleep. Yes, the Garmin is working well (I understand how to use it--now I just gotta get the right cable so I can hook it up to my laptop.) Great tool! I'm so happy I let myself be influenced by the cheetahs on that one! :)

Christine :: I forgot to ask, too...did you score the Nano???

Hi to Barbara, Barb, Shelly, Judy, Wendy my fellow Garmin nut, Elaine, Mattea, Laura, Laurie, Katie (hope the migraine's gone), Thomasina, Pamela, and...is that everybody?? Sorry if I left anyone out!

I ran 4 miles and did the C&T Timesaver...now I'm off to a massage and haircut and then I'm heading down the shore tonight to a friend's for dinner. Yesterday I saw _World Trade Center_. Has anyone seen it? Mmmmph. Cried buckets.

OK, gotta jet. Enjoy your Saturday, cheetahs!
cathy :)

Carole I did the #8 and this is really tough}( . The music isn't bad but I like the music better on #9. #8 has you do double time on a high hill. Their is more hills on this one.

Good Morning All –

Well, the answer to the tequila question is up in the air. Oh, I had enough wine and champagne (no tequila, actually), but I’m not sure if it was too much or not enough… :p I’ll ponder that today – probably on my run, with my new IPod Nano!! Now, my question is – is there an iTread or Cardio Coach that is all intervals and no hills? I’m thinking that would be a good thing to add to my rotation!

Cathy – Enjoy your run in the perfect temps! Sounds wonderful! We do need to plan a get together! Hope you’re enjoying your Garmin! And enjoy your massage! Sounds wonderful. Not sure I can see “World Trade Center”. I think it would be too difficult. Was it good?

Carole - Yes, we had a nice evening, thanks. He’s a good guy. Have fun Kickboxing!! Hope John is doing better!

Marcia – enjoy your weekend getaway! How romantic!

Barbara – Sounds like a nice workout! Enjoy! Have you found any interval only iTreads?

Jess – YOU GO GIRL!!!! SIXTEEN MILES!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!! That’s fabulous! Glad the temps were good and you feel fabulous! You’re going to do well in your marathon – and breeze through the half!

Happy Saturday Cheetahs!

We had a fantastic get-a-way!! Got my 6k run in on some beautiful country roads at my FIL's early on Thursday before we headed up to Toronto. We spent the day at 'Canada's Wonderland', rode the roller coasters but left the Girls to the spinny rides without me, (too yucky on my tummy and tender neck). The Girls all got characatures done and they came out wonderfully! I wish I had worn a pedometre 'cause we walked a lot. We got to our hotel around 11:00 p.m. and the Girls crashed right away. Yesterday was a day at the Toronto waterfront. The Girls spent the afternoon on waterslides while I happily sat in a shady spot listening to tunes, people watching and reading the paper. We walked the Yonge St. strip and watched some buskers (chalk drawing, drumming....). The Girls were dazzled by all of the people and being in the heart of Canada's biggest city. I bought some music for me and clothes for the Girls. They were happy to get some unique stuff for 'back to school'. I just love being out with my 3 daughters like that, they are fun, funny, interesting and so darned cute. I dare say they turned a lot of heads.

Christine, HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!:7 :7 Hope you had a fabulous day!! Have fun with your Nano!! I'm loving mine:)

Cathy, sounds like you're having a great day, enjoy your massage!

Carole, I'm so sorry and can only imagine your family's level of frustration. I think your sister is wise to get an advocate to help them wind their way through this bewildering and seemingly chaotic path to John's health being stabalised. Continued prayers for strength and healing:)

Marcia, enjoy your getaway!!

Barb, you are really loving the i-Climb! Seems to me it's contageous...hey Carole!:) :)

Jess, awesome job on your 16 miler!!! Sounds like y'all are having some great play time together!:) Funny you mentioned your relief at being finished with TOTM, that's something I've been worried about for my upcoming half. It would suck for it to be a 'heavy' day! I'll keep my fingers crossed. A lot of Girls in the running clinic were discussing tinkering with their BC pills to make sure it wasn't an issue on race day. I'll leave it up to Mother Nature:)

I'd better get cleaning up around here, WE'RE MESSY!!:+ :p

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning cheetahs - Just a quickie post for now, DH is pressing me and anxious to go out. Got back from a great 15 mile trail run.
Lots of steep climbs but I felt pretty good afterwards. Everyone sounds like they are getting in some great runs and workouts!!!
Christine- I am so jealous!! An IPOD Nano...that is on my wish list for sure. I especially am interested in downloading those iTrain
workouts!

ShellyC

hello everyone,
I decided to do my elliptical today. Wow, I could hardly do 15minutes on it. I felt like a wimp. My stamina/endurance is obviously the culprit here with my runs. I cant believe I dropped that much stamina since the bronchitis. My machine seems harder than the ones at the gym though. I am going to resign for the bootcamp class too, I think that really helped me with my endurance and strength during my half marathon training. I havent done it since I got bronchitis and maybe that is exactly what I need.

chat with everyone later!

Barbara...thank you for the #8 review!! I will remember the hills...:)

Jess...Way to go on the 16 miles!!!

Cathy...hope you get the right cable for the Garmin and laptop. No I don't think that particular movie is on my list of "must see's".

Christine. I have heard that iTread #3 is flat without hills. I did the 20 min one and liked it..:)...

Laurie...wow! Sounds like you have haa a fun few days! Thank you for your prayers, I know this will be a hard road for all of us combined.

Shelly....good job on the 15 mile trail run...:)...

So, here is a link from Video Fitness that has alot of info on the iTrain workouts:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=88054&highlight=iTrain

I decided on Janis's DH for a kickboxing workout, so off I go...

Good morning/almost afternoon!

Yesterday I took a complete and total rest day. I almost never do that and since it was so easy to do I know I was really tired and needed it. This morning I ran an 8 mile MP run and will do GS BSB in a bit. While running I came up with an idea for my 18 mile route tomorrow. Since I am running alone again then I think doing it in a different area will help. I am so sick of the same long run route. I've been running it for years and I think doing it alone makes it even less exciting. So, I'm looking forward to my run tomorrow on a new route and know it's going to be great!!!

I've got to go get some lunch and finish my workout. I'll drop in for personals later......

Well, cheetahs, I am back from my massage & haircut (between yesterday & today, it's turned out to be a bit of a spa weekend for me) and I feel GREAT! The masseuse really concentrated on my calves and quads and she said there was a lot of tightness and knots in there. I've always been bad w/ stretching, so I know I need to be more thorough than I have been lately. I tend to rush. So, I've decided I'm going to get back into yoga classes. AND get this :: on Monday I'm going to take a Cardio Kickboxing class with CATHE!! (I don't live far from her gym.) I'm pumped!

Christine :: have fun w/ your new Nano!! When my Mini bites the dust, I plan to upgrade!! :) WTC was - as expected - heavy and moving and horrifying but well-done, I thought. I'm sure it's not for everyone. I alternated between choking back sobs and trying not to vomit. Really. It was intense.

Elaine :: enjoy your rest day today and the new route tomorrow!

Laurie :: thanks for sharing your Toronto adventures. Sounds like everyone had a blast! There's a possibility I may be taking a road trip up there toward the end of this month. If so, I may be tapping you for suggestions, if that's OK.

Laura :: good luck with the boot camp training...go get 'em!!

Carole :: Hope you had fun k-boxing! I'm gonna check out that link later b/c of course everyone's got me intrigued about the iTread now.

For those of you who do iTread, do you think they would be applicable to outdoor runs?

OK, I'm off to the shore soon, so have a great night, everyone, and I'll be back in the am. It'll be a rest day from running for me, but I'll still need my cheetah fix! :)
-cathy

Christine I have itread #6 20 minutes and that was an interval workout. Where she has you going up hill 2 minutes, sprint 2 minutes. I wondering if all her 20 minutes are more intervals because I have itread #2 2on minutes and i remember correctly it was interval.

Laurie Yes the itrain can be addictive. To me it has really helped me push myself even harder which I didn't before.

Well my husband and I went to Fitness 2000 and brought a preacher bench. He will probally use it more then me since it was for him. Now our basement is like a full workout station, LOL. One of these days I will take some pictures.

Oh, I'm jealous Cathy! I would LOVE to take a class with Cathe!!! HAVE A BLAST!!!! And yeah, WTC is not something I could handle. For the iTreads - that's one of the reasons I was asking for a sprint one. I don't belong to a gym right now, so I don't use treadmills - it's all outdoor for me.

Wow Cathy, lucky you to take a live class with our Famous Cathe. I took her live kickboxing class also several years ago. She is tough. I also live in NJ.

Carole - thanks for the link! It was very helpful! I just signed up for the $9.99 a month deal - figure it's worth it. Did a 5 mile HIKE today - DH brought the older dog and we couldn't run, but after yesterday, that's not a bad thing LOL. Tomorrow I'm going to one of the iTreads 60 minutes - not sure if I'll do 6 or 9. I'm downloading both. I'm very excited!

Christine enjoy the iTread tomorrow:) I have #9 60 minutes also. That one is too hard for me but Im sure you could do it:) It's suppose to be 4 mile for walker, 6 mile for joggers and 7 miles for runner when you complete the whole workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.