***Cheetahs*** Thursday, 8/17

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs!

Just gettin' this thing goin. As it soon as it gets a little lighter, I'm heading out for my 4 miles followed by SH Legs & Shoulders.

Christine :: thanks for the feedback yesterday. I'll go w/ your advice.

Wendy :: glad you felt well enough to take on the elliptical! I haven't worked out on one of those, so I imagine someone else may be more qualified to answer your question...BUT I would *think* if there's somewhat of a lateral motion going on there (honestly, I'm not really sure how those things move), then you might be better off with your cross-trainers.

Hi to Jess, Carole, Laurie, Katie, Laura, Marcia, Mattea, Pamela, Gayle, Thomasina, Barb, Barbara, Judy, Shelly, Colleen, and anyone else I'm leaving out - sorry, it's early! Have a great day!

-cathy :)

Hey Cathy, I meant to say ^5's on the Dick's purchases! Ever since I took up running it has started a whole new onslaught of spending between the clothes, shoes and assorted accessories and toys/gadgets so don't feel bad!}( The elliptical kind of mimics a running motion but it's no impact, btw.

Good Morning Cheetah Ladies!:)

Well I got VEEERY little sleep last night. I made the very stupid mistake of getting a very caffeinated protein shake at the gym last night after my work out. Needless to say I was up, up, UP until 2-3-4 (not even sure) o'clock in the morning! Despite my exhaustion, once I woke up from DH leaving I was unable to fall back to sleep. Guess who's bound to CRAAAASH at nap time!? LOL

Today is supposed to be my rest day. I need to do abs though. Then I was looking and due to my weekend in a/c, I only got in one weight work out this week so I am thinking I may squeeze another one in today and rest tomorrow but I'm not sure yet. I just have to make sure I'm awake enough so that I don't drop a DB on my head!:eek:

So despite my hopes, I am still sick. It came back after I got home from the gym. I should have known it would be too good to be true. It's not awful though, no fever, so I will continue to work out in some capacity unless/until it gets bad. (<--the sign of a TRUE CATHEITE!;))

Good Morning Cheetahs-

Today is full body weights after doing 4 days of cardio. My DVD player and TV didn't get along yesterday, so I didn't get in a true stretching session. However I did work on my own stretching, but not long enough. ( My preference is to stretch where there is natural light. Our WO is in the basement with no natural light; So, I attempted to use a DVD player in my bedroom, but it didn't go well. By the time I got it up and running, I was out of time. Perhaps today will be better.)

DD is going to the club today to check out the elliptical. I hope she likes it. She ran most of the summer on city sidewalks, yuck. Bravo to her for staying active. :)

PS Wendy I just read your post. It stinks when we get sleep deprived. Hopefully you can lay down when Joey does today! It may be hard to do that full body WO well today. But you already knew that
;-) :p

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hey Judy! So what f/b weight w/o did you do yesterday? Sorry about the dvd player screw up. That would irritate the heck outta me! Grrrr! LOL Oucheees: Running on sidewalks! I give your DD much credit as well! Hope the elliptical is to her liking!

Hey, I may be a dope but I just don't get it....I have this new water bottle that has a "kicker valve" on it. I kicked it but...I don't get it!? What's point!?!?! Anyone, anyone????

Hey Ladies, I'm trying to talk myself into getting out of this comfy chair and running the 7k I'm supposed to. Caffeine hasn't kicked in yet so I'm sure I'll feel better after purusing the boards a bit.

Cathy, you are the early bird Girl!!

Wendy, that sucks that your feeling so crummy! You're a trooper for not bailing on a w/o altogether. Hope you can get that nap in. As for the 'kick valve', sorry can't help you either....too technical:+ :D

Judy, hope your electronics work better for you today. Thats great that DD is running. No interest in running yet from my Girls but they certainly are active.

I'd better go map out a run, gotta work at 10:00

Later Ladies:)

Take Care
Laurie

Lazy Cheetah here for a couple days!! I enjoyed the 2 hrs extra sleep this morning! *yawn* My legs were sore y'day. I read that article that Cathy posted about the PF & achilles (thanks!!) so I decided to really massage my calves (which are always tight anyway!). And my dh had me lay on my tummy & massaged & rolled a ball all over my calves/ legs last night- I was in PAIN!!! But I knew that it needed to be done. Feeling a bit better this morning, planning some major stretching & pilates today!! And maybe just a walk w/ the kiddos. I'm really hoping my legs feel great on Sat!! Only bad news is that there is rain in the forecast!! Oh well, I've run in the rain before!

Well, my Dad is supposed to come visit today. He always takes us to lunch & lets the kids pick out something at Wal*mart. ;-)

I'd better get moving! Have a great day!

Hugs,

Good morning cheetahs

Judy...I agree with Wendy I would not be a happy camper if my DVD player acted up...hope your DD has fun on the Elliptical!

Laurie...yes the Elliptical is very fun and I do love news toys! Let us know how your friend fares with E-Harmony!! I am glad your ankle feels better...Hope you get a good course mapped today. It does take caffeine a bit of time to kick in...:)

Wendy...John's infections are slowly clearing up. I feel so much better that he is doing better. I use my Reebok aerobic crosstrainer shoes for the Elliptical. I only like to use my running shoes for running. Sounds like you had an awesome Elliptical workout! My Elliptical only shows RPM (revolutions per minute) so I don't really know how to compare that to MPH? Your quote makes me laugh and reminds me of what my DH always says "I am on a seafood diet, I see food and I eat it"...but he is rather silly...:)...sorry you are still sick and the lack of sleep doesn't help...:(...I hope you feel better soon. I am lost on WTH a kicker valve is too?

Jess...hope the legs feel better!! Massaging is great!. Hey, you are a cheetah so whats a little rain!!!

Katie...good job on the new shoes!! ME is a fun one, even with sore shoulders...:)

Christine...not sure of the Calorie count in the Elliptical...seems high...but I was sweating buckets! I am glad you are icing the achilles. Asian food, sounds interesting. Might be a good idea to take another day off running and rest that achilles.

Elaine...this time I used a 5 lb ankle weight on my weight belt so the most I lifted was 60 lbs...I agree the Elliptical does help with running. I did a 5 min warm-up on it yesterday before my run and my legs were very warmed up. Your RPM is 200?...that is quite speedy (I think) I will try an iClimb workout with it today and see how that goes!! Not sure I'll get up to 90 min for awhile though...:)

Cathy...I don't have the stick, but have self massaged my calves. It seems the times I got Achilles tendonitis I wasn't doing much calf work so maybe they were tight and weak?...don't know but I do calf work now 3x a week. I also run in an area with alot of hills. Have a good run and fun with S&H!

Thank you all for your prayers for John. He sat up a little over an hour yesterday! I think a goal for him is to try and be at my other nephews wedding in Oct.

I am doing S&H legs and iClimb #5 40 min on my Elliptical

Have a great day...

I am one EXCITED cheetah!!!! I went for my run and am so happy!!! When I started this training programme 10 weeks ago 7k was my long run and I absolutely needed the walking breaks. Today I ran just a tad over 7k steady in 43:00 and finished with lots of pep and a huge smile on my (albeit sweaty and flushed) face!!!:7 :7 I am thrilled to bits with this and am so happy to share it with people who understand. Coming here and learning and being inspired by all of you has put wings on my shoes and today I FLEW!!!:) :)

~~I know I'm gushy, it's my nature and I am swimming in endorphins:+ :7

Take Care
Laurie:)

Thanks Super-Carole!!!:D I never would have dreamed that the act of quickly placing one foot in front of the other over and over again could bring me such joy and sense of accomplishment!!!:7 :+

Take Care
Laurie:)

Morning ladies. Quick check in today because I'm running behind. I got my new shoes yesterday. Saucony Trigon 4's. I went for a 3 mile run this morning and they felt great in the toe box. No rubbing at all. The running shoes I bought off the rack were 7's and my new shoes are 8's. No wonder I was getting blisters. The only problem I noticed is that my toes still were starting to feel a bit numb by the end. Maybe it's just my feet and there is no way to prevent that. I don't know. But I have 30 days to exchange them if they don't work out. I like them though. I had NO knee pain at all, so that's a definite plus.

Laurie - Way to go girl!!! That's awesome!

Wendy - Sorry you couldn't sleep. I HATE nights like that. I need at least 6 hours sleep to feel normal.

Hello to everyone else!

Katie

Wendy :: I do love the shopper's high. Running gear & office supplies, for some reason, give me a jolt! I initially started running 11 years ago and when I think about some of the wild print shorts and stuff I used to buy, I just cringe! Now it seems I buy everything in solids - navy or black shorts - and plain tops. You really ARE a trooper - working out while not feeling-up-to-snuff and bankin' so few zzzz's! A nap today just might hit the spot for ya. Sorry, don't know what a kicker valve is, either.

Laurie :: WTG on that run! You speedy cheetah, you! What a pace. It's a great feeling...have fun ridin' that high today! :)

Carole :: I'm gonna take a page out of your book and start working my calves more. I assume you're talking about weight work AND stretching? Continued good news about John -- glad to hear it. Sounds like a good goal for him to work for.

Jess :: I know what you mean - I was in agony last Saturday during my massage - I asked the girl to concentrate on my calves, and she said they were super tight and full of knots.

Katie :: glad the new kicks are working out. That's funny--I have had some numbness in the toes of my left foot lately toward the end of my run. Never had that before so I'm not really sure what's going on there.

Well, I logged in my 4 miles and finished up with SH Legs & Shoulders as planned. I'll be glad to get back to GS and PUB next week!

-cathy :)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy – glad I could help.

Wendy – I hope you’re feeling better. I was going to suggest that you rest, then realized that I wouldn’t so how could I tell you to! You’re right – we’re crazy! :p Love your new quote! It applies to me very well!!

Judy – enjoy your weight day. Hope your DVD and TV are talking to each other again! Your DD is inspirational! Good for her for running through the summer!! You’re an excellent role model for her!

Laurie – WAY TO GO on your run!!! Isn’t it the best feeling in the world when you can do something you couldn’t do before! You’re doing so well!!!

Jess – Enjoy your stretching and lunch with your Dad! That sounds really nice.

Carole – I’m so glad to hear that John’s infections are clearing!! That’s great news! He seems to be making more progress now! I’ll keep the ole fingers crossed. Have fun on the elliptical today!

Katie – you may find that as you run more, the numbness goes away. I have that problem with new shoes occasionally. Glad to hear the knee pain went away.

Today I think I’m just going to do an MIS Upperbody premix. I wanted to do Body Max, but my heel is still tight, so I’m thinking rest for it would be better again today. I’m also taking my DD’s (definitely the 13 yo, but probably the 17 yo as well) to the Monterey Bay Aquarium today, so I’ll be walking around there. That should be fun, actually. There’s a shark exhibit that DD13 wants to see. It’s a 90 minute drive, but that’s okay… The girls go back to school on Monday.

Hi, ladies! I LOVE reading all the enthusiasm in our posts! Keep it UP!!!!!!

I, for one, have been acting like a JERK! I hate hormone fluctuations and until recently, I would have gone to my grave kicking and screaming and DENYING that I suffer from them! LOL. UGH! Yesterday was like such a HUGE difference...the cloud lifted, my mood picked up considerably, the bloating subsided, and I kicked the bad food urges into the TRASH! Yesterday was Day 1 "back at it" for me, after a bit over an entire WEEK of naughty behavior and rebelling against anything healthy! I am going to really concentrate HARD on knowing when to expect that mood shift next month and focus on not letting it sidetrack me from my goal.

Now...having said that, today is a rest day for me, as I rest my body for my long run which I'm doing tomorrow instead of Saturday. Mike (DFiance) and I are taking the 4 kids away for the weekend.....ARmy beach on SAturday and minor league local baseball game Sunday. I've got anywhere from 13-18 miles on tap (although my REAL schedule shows just 13, the team is scheduled for 18 and I sometimes will increase a little bit just for the fun of it). I am going to wait, do the planned 13, and see if I feel good for a few more. It also depends on what my friend/teammate will be running. She's battling ankle problems and hasn't run all week, so she may be on the lower number side of things.

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOO happy I'm in a good mood once again, for 3 weeks, at least! LOL.

BBL

Gayle

Good morning!

I've got a busy day today with back to school stuff planned. My DS will be starting highschool and my DD will be going to kindergarten!;( ;( ;( ;( . She's soooo excited and I'm so sad, although I do not let her know that!

Anyway, my workout today will be PUB and a 5 mile run of some sort. I have a very hilly loop I think I'll do.

Carole, OK....So how in the world do you lift 60 lbs over your head?:7 I don't know if strides per minute on my elliptical is the same as RPM. Also, mine does not tell me distance but I looked on the Precor website where it gave me the total nbr of strides per mile. I just go by time though and don't worry about distance. Like I said, my main goal is to keep the stride rate around 200 and my heartrate up where I want it to be for that particular workout.

Wendy, Sorry you're still feeling bad and tired on top of that! I don't know if it is the type of shoes you wore yesterday on the elliptical or if it was the amount of time you spent on it that would cause your feet to hurt. After I've been on mine for a while my feet get a little numb, although it is getting better as I continue to use it more. I spent 90 minutes on the elliptical yesterday and had to get off at the halfway point and wiggle my feet and toes around a bit.

Jess, I was thinking about how tired you said you were (I was too!) at the beginning of the week and remembered that in Hal Higdon's book "Marathon The Ultimate Training Guide" he says "Most coaches feel that once you reach 16 miles, you're in long run territory. That's the point where psychological and physiological changes kick in." So, not only was that the longest distance you have run yet, but it was a real milestone in preparing you for the marathon. Have fun running the 1/2 on Saturday!! I get a down week with a 13 mile long run this weekend too....but mine is just a plain old training run. Do you plan on racing it or will you take it more easy thinking of the long term goal: MARATHON!!!

Laurie! I love those perfect runs! If only they could all be like that. Way to go!!

Cathy, I'm doing GS and the Pyramids now so I know how you can look forward to getting back to them. I have SH but have only done them once a few years ago.

Judy, Mentioning that your DD runs and went to the gym to use the elliptical reminded me that yesterday my DD asked me if she could use my Cathe DVDs when whe is a grown up. I told her she could probably use them when she is a teenager if she wants. She cracks me up because she is almost 5 but can do about 4 full body pushups with perfect form. She is a natural for Cathe already!

Christine, Have fun at the aquarium. That's one of my DD's favorite places to go. She's just disappointed that they don't have any angler fish!!:7

Hi to everyone else! Talk to you all later!

Good morning cheetahs! I had a full hour of stretching last night before bed and am feeling great today! I'll be going for a 3-4 mile run and then some PUB. Tomorrow is my long run 16 miles. Hopefully DH will come along. The true test of his resolve will come when my alarm clock goes off at 0500!

Christine- Have a fun time at the aquarium today! What a nice treat for your DDs before school starts!

Carole- Well, you've inspired me again! Yesterday I was going to do the p90x legs and ended up doing PLB instead and upped my weight to 55-60-65. It actually wasn't bad! The floor routine on the ball was still much harder! On your elliptical does it allow you to input your stats - weight,height,sex? If it doesn't I would be skeptical about the calorie burn, but the important thing is that you obviously are getting in some real buttkickin workouts! :) Having short term REALISTIC goals is crucial for your nephew at this stage.
I am just so happy :7 :7 he is on the right track now!

Jess- Have a nice rest day and I hope your legs are feeling better.
How sweet of your DH to massage you! I love to use a ball to massage my hips. I sit on it and roll around, it gets to those muscles way down deep! Best of luck to you on your HM this weekend.
Your a champion rain runner!

Judy- Have a great weight workout today....how's the hip?

Wendy- WTG with your elliptical workout last night!! Bummer that you're coming down with something :( Is it a cold or what? I'd advise resting but that would be WAY hypocritical of me. The only way I let an illness stop me from a planned workout is if I can't stand up! I do let up on the intensity at least ;-) I was so curious about that kicker valve that I went on a search for it.
After opening it initially you apparently "kick" it to one side which keeps it available but leak proof.

Cathy- Great workout today! Keep up the good work. Re: your question yesterday about calorie intake. I agree with Christine in that going from 1500-2100 is a pretty drastic increase. Running doesn't burn as much calories as people assume. For the average weight woman it's about 100 calories per mile. Her advice about going up slowly is real sensible.

Laurie - AWESOME run today!!!!!! That's what its all about cheetahbabe!

Katie- great choice of shoes! I just love Saucony's (and asics also) Your numbness may be very simple to fix. Alot of runner's, especially when running with new shoes will tie their laces just a little too tightly which puts pressure on the nerve on the top of the foot. Anyway, something to consider on your next run.

Okay, enough stalling with the cyberbabble. Hi to everyone who follows!

ShellyC

Hey all the cheetahs:) How is everyone doing?

Well I didn't have time yesterday but I did jog 1 1/2 miles and had to stop because I got such bad cramps. I think it is because before I left I drank a lot of water.

Well today I did Get Ripped to the core and really like this workout so I order the other 2. Thanks Wendy for reviews on these:) Also did some cleanmax.

Hi to Judy, Shelly, Pamela, Gayle, Thomasina, Barb, Marcia, Laurie, Christine, Cathy, Carole, Jess, Katie, Gayle, ShellyC, Wendy and to everyone else.

P.S. Carole I am so happy with the progress of your nephew. When you are done with the iclimb #5 can you please give a review of it. TIA:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.