***CHEETAHS*** Thursday, 1/4

seeking_guns

Cathlete
[marquee]Mornin', cheetahs![/marquee]

I'm feeling MUCH better this morning. :) :) :) PLB is planned for the afternoon. (Believe it or not, I've never done PLB - only PUB.)

Wendy :: So glad to hear you've replaced the funk with your usual spunk! I *know* you're back to your ol' self when the shopping fever hits! ha :)

Laura :: Hmm, with added fiber and water intake, I can't imagine what could be causing your troubles. I would definitely bring it up at your next doc appointment...good luck! I hope you get the issue fixed soon!

Well, cheetahs...have a great day & great w/outs...I will be back later to see what's up w/ all of you.

-Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs,

well last night i was finally able to sleep for a little while at least. i am struggling trying to figure out how i am going to be able to keep up with my own training with the addtional job at the gym. i am up earlier than usual so i can do legs today at the gym before my client comes in again to train. yep, you read right, the client i trained yesterday wanted to come back again this morning for another session!!!! ladies, i believe i found my niche. for the first time in a long time i can say i actually had fun while working:)

i hope everyone has an awesome day!

Sunny :: Fantastic news! And what a supreme compliment that your client is ready for round two already! :) I'm really happy for you. I know what it's like to find your "calling" after a lot of detours, so I imagine you must be ridin' on air right about now! Enjoy your day -- you are gonna be so superfit!

Good morning Cheetahs:

I have some major DOMS from my step class last night. The birthday surprise went well for one of my ladies :) A few of us decided on doing a Biggest Loser type contest after I get back from Mexico. Did I just mention Mexico, again ??:eek: :eek: ;) Oh yeah........TWO DAYS left!!! Yippee......I want to go out and buy another pair of jean shorts, but I'm pretty short on time, so that might get skipped.

Anyway - the contest should be fun, there are a few of us doing it for sure and they are both very motivating so that should help me, too. Oh, and I convinced one to run a 5-race with me in early April and depending how she does on that, a 10-K in late April.

Tonight I have class again so I need to cook something up good for them tonight, too. }( }(

Have a great day, I'll be back later for personals.

Marcia.

Marcia- a big looser contest sounds motivating! And you were so thoughful to celebrate the birthday after class :)

Cathy- Actually we start our run at the Fairport bridge (on the the top of the postcard) and there is a path under it so we don't have to be on the street.

Carole- if you have a minute check my question yesterday about nails. Oh, and I've been reading the ETL check in. I think it is time I checked in too. Like you I've been eating the chips, but unlike you I've been having some chocolate too.

Wendy- if the new WO shoes keep you motivated; then they are worth it.

SingingGoddess- I am sorry about the back issues! But you are right to keep away from what aggrevates it. Perhaps it isa goodtime to try something different ?

Sunny- great news about loving your new job!

Hi to all who visit today!

Today's WO is elliptical 45" and PUB Bi & Tri and some kind of abs.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

morning,
cathy-I have been dealing with the bathroom issue all my life. I am getting to a point though where I am sick of feeling that way. After having my babies it got better somewhat. but thanks, I will mention it to my doctor the next time.

I am planning a run with my friend this morning. I took the day off since I have so much to do at home. but I am taking advantage of the gorgeous weather. It suppose to get up to the 50's today!!!! I miss those early morning runs before work that I take in the spring/summer. cant wait to be able to get out a 6am and go for a runa again!!

Hey all!

Looks like the weather will cooperate for a 2 mile run. It may rain a bit, but there is no wind! I’ll go out for a quick 2 miler, then come back for some yoga.

Cathy – love the scrolling greeting!! How cute! Glad to hear you’re feeling better! Funny – I’ve never done PLB either as my barbell takes 10 minutes to adjust weights (it has the screw thing on it). Enjoy PLB!

Sunny – HOW EXCITING!!! Great job with your first client!! I love that she’s coming back today! How wonderful!

Marcia – that Biggest Loser contest sounds like fun! Is it okay if I pack myself into your suitcase? :+ Have fun torturing your class!

Judy – great workout! Enjoy!

Laura – my 2 mile run this morning will be in the dark. So I know what you mean. I can’t wait ‘til it gets light enough to really enjoy the run. No head set for me this morning! Hope your issues ease with the cleanse!

Wendy – so glad you’re feeling more you’re usual self! We love you no matter what but we missed your spunk!

Enjoy your day ladies!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

WOW, my butt and upper thighs feel like a train wreck! I LOVE DOMS!!!}( :+ }( I also have a bit of continued DOMS in my biceps from y'day. :)

Today will be a run at the gym. I slept too late to squeeze in u/b first though. I only rolled out of bed about 15 minutes ago!:eek:

Cathy: I love your moving greeting up there! Back in the day I had WebTV and used to use HTML code all of the time for all sorts of things. Once I got a computer I stopped using it and now have completely forgotten everything I once knew. *SIGH* I am glad you are feeling better this morning! I am not too surprised that you've never done PLB. I am not a fan of it...probably because I don't like to lift heavy with l/b anymore so it seems like a waste for me. I had done it some in the past before I realized I didn't have to go heavy but once I lightened up I pretty much stopped using it.

Sunny: ^5's and mucho hugs girlfriend! You are kickin' butt already!!! You need to get enough clients so that you can QUIT your current FT job and then you will have the time to work out!!!!}(

Marcia: You should have done the weight loss contest BEFORE Mexico, silly!;) That's a great idea...very motivating. They are doing a contest at my gym as well and the grandprize winner will get free memebership to the gym for life. That is an AWESOME prize IMO! BTW, in this day and age I would not be surprised AT ALL if the hotel in Mexico you are staying in has internet somewhere for you to use. If you have a laptop, I'll bet they atleast have hook ups for folks to use thier own PC's! I find the ability to be online anywhere I go these days! The Ronald McDonald room in the hospital Joey was in had a computer that was there so that could check your email while away from home! I don't think it had internet but still-you email one of us and we could pass on a message from you!:7

Judy: Enjoy your ellip. work out. What abs did you decide on? You are right about the shoes. I also ordered them a 1/2 size smaller then the ones I currently have. They are both Ryka but the ones I wear now are my FIRST pair. I bought them online and I think they are a bit too big. If these new ones fit better I will probably retire the other ones early. :)

Laura: Enjoy your run! The weather around here continues to be insanely mild as well! It's nice but scarey!:eek:

Christine: Enjoy your run as well! Thanks for the sweet words. You really helped me get my mood and motivation out of the basement! (((HUGS))) to you!:)

Well ladies, it's 8:15 and my son is still in bed!:eek: I need to get him up now so that he won't give me any trouble going to sleep at normal time tonight since I have to work tomorrow. I am not working today so I am hoping to be back a bit more today then I've been. :)

Later babes!

Hi Ladies:) Another gorgeous day here, had a fabulous day yesterday, took Glen on a roadtrip to the glorious Sandbanks beaches of Lake Ontario. We walked up and down dunes and along the beach for almost 3 hours and my booty is DOMS'in quite nicely today. I took him along the route of the 1/2 I ran in October which was fun to revisit, it was a great day. We're still in full tilt holiday mode until the kids go back to school on Monday, today's dismantle Christmas day and my FIL is coming to resolve some pesky electrical issues in the house. My workout today will be upperbody and a bit of floor cardio, maybe AmyBento and B-Max2 upperbody x2.

Cathy, love the 'crawl' greeting, it's just sooooo CNN;-). I've not done PLB much either, yes it is efficient but I find it boring, admittedly I've never given it much of a chance.

Sunny, congrats on finding your niche!!! To be happy at work is ideal for all of us, glad you can experience that!

Marcia, OMG!! Two sleeps and your are South of the Border Bound!! I think it's awesome that you are all in a challenge together, keeps it fun and motivating.

Judy, thanks for the postcard, what a nice place to run!

Laura, GI problems are the worst, I feel for you Girl! Enjoy your warm weather run!

Christine, I don't think I'd like running in the dark very much, 2 miles is a nice lead in to a good yoga session, enjoy!

Wendy, enjoy your day off work, nice to hear you sounding like your old chipper self!

Time to WORK IT!!

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...that is cool how you did that scrolling 'Morning cheetahs"! Have fun with PLB for the 1st time. Awesome workout!

Sunny..congrats on your job going so well! How exciting and must feel great to find your niche...:)

Marcia..sounds like a fun class last night. 2 more days!!!! I bet you are so ready...:)

Judy...I did read your question. The nails I do are Fiberglass which is similar to a silk wrap. I feel that the worst part about acrylic nails is when they use the drill, I cannot tell you how many times I have seen damaged nails from this. With a Fiberglass wrap you don't have to rough up the nail as much. I feel they are not as harsh on your own nails as acrylic. After the nail is roughed up I apply the Fiberglass and then a few layers of glue. They are generally thinner than acrylic and alot more flexible. Very similar to you own nail. It might be hard to find someone to do them as acrylic is still the most popular. A Gel nail is also an option and better than acrylic IMO. I hope this helps...:)..Come on over to the ETL check-in.

Laura..enjoy your run this morning. Sounds like it'll be a nice one...:)

Christine...I think we have rain too today. Have fun with your run and yoga.

Wendy...I knew you'd be back to it soon!!! Don't you just love DOMS...(we must be nuts!!)

Laurie...what a nice day you had. A 3 hour walk...wow...sounds like things are well with you and Glen! So today you get to take care of the X-mas decorations...how are things with your FIL?...enjoy your upper body workout...

I am doing S&H Shoulders, bi's and tri's, abs, a 5 mile run and hope to squeeze in a bit of Yoga. I didn't run yesterday as my left knee was a bit tweaky. Weird, but I decided maybe to run 3 days a week and do my Elliptical 3 days a week for awhile, instead of running 4 days.

Have a great day...:)

more...

Judy..the fill time for Fiberglass is about the same as acrylic, every 2 weeks or so.

Susan...I bet you will get thru the funk. it does come around us now and then. I am sorry also about the sciatic still sore. I had hoped your vacation might help. Icing helped my sciatic too. I just didn't feel like working out on the 1st of Jan. I know its from eating all the junk. I need to get back on my clean eating wagon! I will be the 1st person of a 3 person relay marathon on Jan 14th. But right now I am cutting back a bit on running as I am not planning on any long distance runs until I drop some weight.

Chrsitine...not everyone likes to run after lower body lifting. I have always done it as it has not affected my running. I just don't do any type of speedwork after lifting with my legs. I feel the same about our weather forecasters...I think they are crazy!!

Cathy...yes my chiro nephew. He uses this thing called a clicker. And clicks it against your sinuses. My DH is also prone to sinusitis. I am sure bieng fit does help with getting over the bugs. Which is one reason I feel my DH always gets sick....no workie outie...:)

Wendy...P90X next Monday!!! Allright...:)..I got the Rykas too, my first pair...:)

Laurie: Sounds like a romance in full bloom! How sweet!:+ Have fun "taking down Christmas". :p We still have to do that. I hate doing that-ACK! lol

Carole: I am surprised that you are giving up a day of running but change is good they say! I hope you enjoy the new routine. Yes, P90X on Monday...I'm askeered!:eek: Gotta get DH to put the chin up bar together this weekend! YIKES! Congrats on the shoe purchase...let me know how you like them!

Wendy..I thought the exact same thing! "Change is good"! I think you will love P90X...chin-ups are absolutely the toughest exercise to do...for me anyway...:)

Carole- Thank you forthe information on fiberglass nails. I am going to do a bit of calling around for fiberglass and gel as a second choice. I did have a nail tech in my old nieghborhoodwho did not use a drill for acrylics, but the location makes for too far of a commute now.
I will visit the ETL checkin :)

Well I changed up my WO today. In this order: PUB- 1) abs 2) triceps 3) biceps 4) PLB floor work 5) extended stretch. I am trying to get back to one weekend day off and I have had 10 WO days in a row. Cardio just didn't appeal to me today. (tomorrow will be a nice 7 mile run)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

well I managed to get a little over 4miles in this morning. I was a little tired from class lastnight. But I came home and did shldrs and arms from the p90x series. I think I will do ply x tomorrow.

off to get mylittle one from school. talk with you all later!

Good morning cheetahs! Slept late this morning, I was quite sore yesterday after my run:( I'll keep it low impact today with LIC and time on the elliptical. I ended up with a solid 11 miles yesterday which will be my last longish run before marathon day.

Judy- Thank you for your kind words and concern yesterday:) I'm with you on the DOMS. I did PUB a couple of days ago and hadn't done it in quite some time. I think I'm feeling it everywhere...even the biceps which rarely happens!

Christine- Hope you're over the sugar hangover. A good run is a sure cure! I'm really curious about the outdoor iTreads. I think I'll download one....after the marathon though. I read yesterday that your DD seems to have frequent UTIs (bladder infections). If I could offer a little homeopathic advice... I used to suffer quite frequently myself with UTIs several times a year. I havent had one now in more than 2 years since I regularly started eating cranberries EVERY morning with my cereal. Cranberries will acidify the urine naturally and make it inhospitable for bacteria. It is not a cure so you still need to get antibiotics for an actual infection but once it is cleared up it is great prevention.... trust me! You can also drink cranberry juice or even take cranberry extract pills.

Carole- Tapering is definitely VERY hard for me to do. I am so addicted to INTENSE workouts. From now to the 14th I will definitely run no more than 3x/wk Saturday is supposed to be 8 miles but since I did 11 yesterday I think I will hold it at 6 :) I hope your knee tweek is gone today.

Marcia- The beach is calling to you! I know that running on soft sand is near impossible, but running close to the water is easier since it is wet and compacted.... also fun! Wow, what a thoughtful instructor you are to remember a birthday like that! I'll bet your students think the world of you! You sure are having a tough time with the dreams lately!!!! You may want to examine what you've been eating and/or drinking at night. Sometimes it can be the culprit.

ShellyC

:7 :7 :7 more personals :7 :7 :7

Kristi- You sure live in a beautiful area! It must make for some
wonderful inspiring runs! The derby HM should be a fun one!

Susan- Icing may be a bit uncomfortable but it could pay off for you and be well worth it. I can speak from my experience that religious icing helped me tremendously with my groin strain. It took some determination in my case!!! Having an ice pack nestled in your crotch isn't the most pleasant of experiences! (My apologies... old nurses can be quite plain spoken;-) )

Wendy- I knew you'd get right back into it once you took the plunge! Great job with the B&G and I hope you have a fabulous run at your gym!!! WTG :7 :7 :7

Cathy- I'm glad that vise is off your head!!! The tests that were done on my DH revealed no major vessel blockage :) but there were some wall motion abnormalities with his heart so that's why he needs follow up. Have fun with PLB! It is irritating with the frequent barbell weight changes. I do this with 2 barbells and heavy dumbells. But the stability ball workout is the real killer in this one..... watch out!

SunnyD- I just knew you'd be fantastic as a Personal Trainer! I think the word will spread quickly and you will find yourself in demand:)

Laura- I'm sorry you've had such a time with GI issues. I have to concur that you definitely are in need of some medical intervention.
Please speak to your doc about this! There have been some radical advances in this field of medicine lately. It sounds like you have some serious chronic condition, like irritable bowel syndrome or colitis perhaps. Anyway, there are medications that REALLY can help!!!! It could also be food allergies BTW. Check out celiac disease or gluten intolerance.

I'm going overboard with the butinsky nursing advice today....
Sorry everyone!

Laurie :) :) :) What a great workout!!!! A long hard walk with your sweetie:* Yes, I think Glen falls into the official category of sweetie now:* You've got quite a challenging workout planned!

Okay, got to get moving! This morning is a staff meeting:( , then shopping with DH so no workout this morning :eek: for me. I'll let this soreness work out and tackle LIC later

ShellyC

Hey Cheetahs!! I can't stay away from my pals so I'm checking in from my Mom's computer! I did 3.25 miles on my Mom's treadmill- alternated walking (on high incline) w/ some bursts of running. NO knee pain while running, but didn't want to push it. It felt a bit tight & tender AFTER but I stretched well. I'm sooooo ready for this stupid injury to be GONE!!!! I've been doing WP Buns/ thighs nearly every day also, it's a good stretch for my hips & I can always use a little more bun/ thigh work! LOL Suprisingly no real DOMS from GS legs y'day- woohoo! I'm feeling MUCH better today too, no more denial that I *was* sick. LOL Coughing a bit but don't feel so tight in my chest or have that constant drippy nose! Sometimes I think a good cardio session helps loosen things up for me.

Having a great time w/ my Mom of course. She's at work, but will get off early & we're taking the girls to their fav pizza place here for dinner. My cousin is joining us also. Then meeting my Dad for coffee/ hot cocoa (it's hard w/ divorced parents sometimes!). And I think he's taking us to breakfast tomorrow. I swear we eat out more when we're here than we ever do at home!!

Has anyone seen High School Musical??? My girls are now obsessed w/ this movie!! It's actually a really cute movie.

OK, last dd is getting out of the tub so I'm off to shower! ;-) Have a great day!!

OH, and adding that I love PLB! I haven't done it in a while though, my only problem is the constant changing of weights. I do have a pretty easy to use barbell (it was my brother's) but it's still kind of a pain. And one more thing, got my notice that my new DVD's/ high step will be delivered tomorrow!! Woohoo!!

Oh wow – I am LOVING that combination. The 2 mile run was short and sweet – didn’t push it hard, just enjoyed it. Then the yoga following was wonderful – I was all warmed and flexible and ready for some Power Yoga. I’ve decided that that is going to be my standard Thursday from now on – a shorter run (2-4 miles) followed by yoga. I’m feeling really good right now!

Wendy – soo happy I could help!! We missed you and are thrilled to have you back to your normal DOMs loving self! I have DOMs in my triceps from S&H yesterday – which I realized during yoga. So, I’m your sister in DOMS today! And YES you will LOVE P90X! You feel so STRONG doing it!

Laurie – Oh, how wonderful! Sounds like you have a fabulous day with Glenn yesterday! Good for you! Funny, I actually really like running in the early morning before everyone is up. It’s so quiet and peaceful. The streets are pretty well lit – I just avoid the sidewalks of a few areas. I use the time to plan my day. I think really well on my feet (at least when I’m running!).

Carole – I was thrilled to be able to squeeze in a short run before the rain. Hope you manage to avoid the winds. They’re talking 70 mph gusts here – so running would be out of the question for me. Days like today make me want to curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book and a yummy pot of soup cooking on the stove. On the fiberglass nails – are they as strong as the Crystal? I’m forever breaking my nails – even the fake ones – so I need something tough. If you ever need to test a nail product – I’m your girl! LOL.

Judy – I purposely schedule in one day where I only lift, and do no cardio. That’s tomorrow for me. I think it’s a good break for the body.

Laura – good job with the run for being tired! Glad to see you’re getting back on track!!

Shelly – believe it or not, DD17 does drink a lot of Cranberry juice, but she’s not consistent with it. Maybe I’ll pick her up some cranberry extract pills for her to take with her vitamin and calcium pills in the AM. Thanks for the advice. Good luck with your tapering. And I think you would enjoy the iTread Outdoors. I really enjoy them and hope they come out with more. I liked the sprints at the end. I can feel it today, but it’s not too bad. My short run this morning was easy.

Jess - good to hear from you! Have fun with your mom and your dad. Sounds like you are! Thanks for checking in!

Well, must get back to work! Enjoy everyone!!

Good Afternoon Cheetahs.

Like Christine I did a nice short run today...2 miles. It felt good. I think it made my DOMS worse though!:eek: }( :+

Tomorrow I am planning on some kind of upper body only. Saturday I will run again or do the elliptical and Sunday I will rest. :)

Carole: I am going to be sooo pathetic with those chin ups! I'll need a chair for assistance for certain!:p I may NEVER do one w/o it! LOL

Judy: Hope you had a good weight work out today.

Laura: Good job on your run despite being tired!

Shelly: Hang in there with the taper. I'm sure it's tough for you. You are the queen of incredible work outs so taking it easy must feel like a nap for you!;) When is the marathon?

Jess: Glad you are having fun visiting with your parents. I am a child of divorce myself. My parents were great friends after they split up so growing up in that situation was not bad for my sis and myself at all. I consider myself very lucky for having that. Good job on the TM run and I'm glad you didn't push it. Smart girl!

Christine: If I wasn't so tired I'd follow your lead and do yoga now. I think I'm going to be napping instead though. I think my body/brain are STILL recovering from last week! Maybe I'll find the energy to get some yoga in later...DH is bowling so I'll have plenty of time once Joey is sleeping. :)

Aaaah well...that's all for now folks. I'll be back to peek in on everyone later on though!

Ciao Bellas!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.