***CARDIO HATEVILLE*** 4/28

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Good morning! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/eatdrink059.gif

Wake up sleepy heads! It's time for play. :D

I'm biding my time, waiting for the restaurant where we ate dinner last night to open. DH can't find his credit card this morning and we think he left it there http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry048.gif

He couldn't find his contact lenses all weekend either, and he thought he left them in Europe somewhere. Thankfully, he found them this morning in the bottom of a bag he had stashed in the trunk of his car. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused002.gif

I'm telling you, that boy exasperates me! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/devil17.gif

I did the Cardio Coach Press Play workout yesterday and I went farther and burned more calories than ever before. I swear, every time I do that workout I get better at it. :D

Now for some REALLY EXCITING NEWS!!! I bought a cookbook that I LOVE! It's called "The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Feeling Great", by Pam Anderson. I don't know if you guys are familiar with her, but she used to be test cook and editor for Cook's Illustrated, my favorite cooking magazine. I've had the pleasure of meeting her and taking 2 of her cooking classes. Anyway, she really gained a lot of weight, an obvious hazard for a chef and cooking magazine editor who must sample everything she makes. This is not your ordinary diet book, let me tell you! This has REAL FOOD in it, and the recipes are fantastic AND fantastically SIMPLE to make. Dana, I think you would love it, too. Most of the recipes are very working-mom-and-housewife friendly. Augie, you woulds love it because it's been thoroughly researched :p .

Oh crap -- it's Monday, and there goes the freaking phone! I'll BBL.

ETA I'm back! Okay now where was I...oh yeah, the cookbook. The recipes are divided in order starting with breakfast, followed by lunch, afternoon tea, before dinner nibble, dinner, then dessert. Take lunch for example--the chapter starts off with "Meal-in-a-Bowl Salads", and she gives about 20 variations :eek: . And if you're not interested in any of those, she gives you a formula for creating your own. I'm telling you, it's genius!

She also talks about what she did for exercise, although she is not a fitness professional, but it's still interesting to know what she did to lose the weight (about 50 lbs in 8 months). We wouldn't advocate her workout because, well, she did cardio for 20 to 30 minutes 3 times a day during her weight loss phase :eek: . She started by walking then progressed to running. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked001.gif

I confess I haven't read the weekend thread so I'm utterly clueless about what y'all've been up to. Let me catch up and I'll BBL. :*

Cuz - I am so utterly impressed! You started the thread!! :7 That cookbook sounds pretty cool. So, have you tried cooking anything from it?

This weekend was pretty darned busy, with a full day of yard work on Saturday. Whew. It was fun though! My dog got in a little fight with my brother's dog, and as I was breaking it up, I whacked my thumb somehow. It's all swollen today!! But I'll live. :p Yesterday I did GS BSB and had a really good workout. I won't tell you what's on the workout agenda for today. ;)

Michele!!!!I was just going to log on and start the Hater's thread and here you are. I'm LOL at your poor absent minded DH. I'm glad he found his contacts and sure hope the credit card shows up! That cookbook sounds interesting. The first thing I thought of when I saw the name Pam Anderson was Bay Watch Pamela Anderson. I thought, "What the heck is Michele talking about." I never looked at Cooks Illustrated. I'm hooked on Cooking Light, although lately the recipes have too many weirdo ingredients. I don't think I logged on to the hater's all weekend, so I'll boast about my good time. We went to see Ring of Fire Friday night, a musical based on the music of Johnny Cash. It was fantastic! We only went because we had met a musician on St John who told us he was in it. We hooked up with Tom, a fantastic guitar, mandolin, harmonica playing guy, after the show and hung out with him until after midnight. Honestly, that is so much past my bedtime, it's almost the next day's bedtime! Saturday we went out for breakfast. After some chores, we went for our annual redbud drive. We stopped at a tavern for a yummy dinner of beer and fried food. I did fit in a quick bike ride Saturday (no time for CCPP - next month) and 4DS Bootcamp yesterday.

Dana, didn't the weekend turn out lovely? Even if you had to spend it watching little kids play sports.

Hi to Jennifer, August and any other haters who stop by. Hope you all enjoy hating cardio today!

Cuz! Robin! Hi you guys!:*

CUZ -- No, I haven't tried any recipes yet -- I just bought the book over the weekend -- but I'm going grocery shopping today, so I'll probably make my first recipe for dinner tonight. Now that warmer weather is upon us, her salad meals sound really good. I intend to start packing a big salad meal for DH every day, too. He's really put the weight on and I'm quite worried about his general health. We've been having a lot of talks recently about improving his lifestyle and I think he's finally starting to get it. We went for a long walk this weekend and he promised he would make every effort to get regular exercise.

Ooh, I'm sorry about your thumb. I've been injured before trying to pull my dachshund out of varmint holes - LMAO!!

I'm sorry Cuz, but your idea of fun just kills me -- yard work? Cardio? UGH! I'll watch you, though :p

ROBIN -- Yeah, my DH is absent minded alright. I might be laughing, too, if only I could find his $^(% credit card! The restaurant where we had dinner last night is closed today ;( . I called DH and told him he better cancel his card. I can't do it because it's in his name. I'm just worried that he'll be too busy to do it.

Your weekend sounds like it was a lot more fun than mine. DH slept through a lot of it, which is fine because he really needed the rest. We went to see Ben Stein's new movie/documentary, "EXPELLED". It was GREAT and I strongly recommend it.

We spent Saturday with his dad. His mom had to go on an overnight trip so we kept dad company and fixed dinner, etc. Yesterday we went for a walk, then out to dinner where DH, I'm sure, left his credit card sitting on the table x( . Other than that, DH spent several hours loading up his new iPod with nearly 2 GB of music. I'm not kidding -- he went through all of our CD's and put them on iTunes. The CD's are still piled up all over the floor in our study. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/devil17.gif

You and your DH have the nicest, sweetest traditions. I love the idea of an annual redbud drive -- that must've been lovely. And how fun to see Ring of Fire and actually meet up with one of the performers that you met on St. John!! I wouldn't mind seeing that, by the way. I wonder if it will come here -- I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

JENNIFER -- Oh my! Well now you know how I feel. I'm the biggest klutz ever! I trip all over the step, which is why I hate step aerobics. My gosh, I hope you're okay.

JEN -- AWWWWWWWW, what cute kitties :+ . Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've decided that we need to put you in quarantine. You've been getting sick way too much and it's time for drastic measures. And stop doing these crazy workouts -- and 2-a-days no less! That's not a SMART thing to do when you're sick. Now I mean it, young lady! You know I say this because I love you, don't you? :*

AUGIE -- An iPod Touch is a really nice gift! I'm sure your partner loves it. My DH can't stop talking about his -- LMAO!! He's totally in love with it.

Is your wacky work schedule calming down any? We miss you ;)

ETA, hey Augie, have you found that elusive cupcake yet? I was ROTFLMAO about that cupcake joint. So it was more of a cupped cake than a cupcake? OMG! ROTFLMAO! But really, that's just sad. :p

ETA again - That cookbook sounds interesting. The first thing I thought of when I saw the name Pam Anderson was Bay Watch Pamela Anderson.

ROTFLMAO! That is the one regrettable thing -- that she shares her name with Pamela. When you google "Pam Anderson" you get mostly Pamela hits.

I think you would like this cookbook, by the way. It has several really great desserts, too, and I know how you're always baking :p . But really, if you like Cooking Light, you'll like this book. Her recipes are just as good as, if not better than, anything you'd find in Cooking Light, and so far I haven't run across anything weird.

Hey haters.

Michele - I thought the exact same thing as Robin with the name Pam Anderson. Could you imagine Pamela Anderson with a real cookbook? I'd die. I was laughing so hard when I saw that one of the Gotti women had a cookbook and the cover was her holding this huge plate of pasta and her LONG hair almost in the plate. I was thinking WTH was the photographer thinking with that pic and WTH would it be on the cover of a cookbook? Oh here is a link to the pic:

http://www.thisnext.com/item/33AB4819/295C3EB4/Hot-Italian-Dish-A-Cookbook-by

I hope that your DH finds his CC - that is scary!

Robin - the weekend here was great! Yesterday I took Gannon to Knoebel's. It was a bit chilly but we had fun!

Shannon - I see you're not going to speak the "evil" word here, but we all know what you've got planned for today!

Aug - hey stranger. Miss you!

Jennifer - ouch, sorry to hear about your fall. See, stay away from cardio, it's evil! :p

Jen- kitties are cute! Feel better soon.

Hi to everyone!!!

Sorry to be brief but my lunch is up and I gotta go.

Dana, eeeeewwwwww! All I can picture is pulling one of those long, bleached hairs out of my mouth! We are going to Knoebles on May 10. WVIA has a members day and we have free passes. I hear it was really crowded last year. That's OK. I'll probably spend most of my time pushing a stroller. As long as I get to ride the Phoenix.

Hello Haters.

I'm home from work now, early. I was in such pain there, I went to my doctor's on the other side of the city from where I work, extreme east to west, then they couldn't see me so then I got sent to clinic north (hear my house). My foot swelled, black and blue, they did an xray with possible MRI next week plus I have crutches and motrin.

Plus, I had to get a compressor pack to reduce swelling. Follow up with my Doc in the next few days.

Yes, having to explain to someone that I was doing a 360 on a step and telling them how it's done is quite interesting.

Seville and Madrid are happy that I'm home.

Gosh, Jennifer. I thought the foot was doing better. Yeah, I know how silly you feel explaining to the doctor that you injured yourself exercising. I sure hope nothing is broken. Let us know what the x ray shows.

Jennifer, wow! Well thank God that nothing appears to be broken.

Robin - my mom said she heard that Knoebels was really crowded on Saturday but it was pretty dead yesterday. They didn't have the new roller coaster open - it's done, I don't know why it wasn't running yesterday. Have you seen it? It is supposed to simulate a tobaggon (I really messed that word up. :p )

Michelle, I'm listening to you tonight but only b/c I used up every drop of energy I had working today! :p

I seriously feel miserable. But, it did make me feel better to see/hear others at work today with the exact same thing! Temps on Friday were 80 & today's high is about 45! No wonder everyone is sick. I think with my immune system already being weak due to infection it is getting me down worse.

I'm just proud to have worked all day, considering I had the phone in my hand this morning to call in sick.

So, it is off to the couch to nap, I have no energy, can't hear, can't stop sneezing, can't taste food, and if I don't keep a cold-eeze (sugar free) in my mouth every 30min my throat is on fire. Chad is coming by about 7 to bring me dinner & baby me for a while before tucking me into bed & heading back home!! I'm spoiled!

I'll shut it now! :) Hello everyone!!

Jennifer, glad you went to the doc!

Jennifer, I'm glad it isn't broken. Hope you don't need the MRI.

Jenn, I'm sorry you are still sick. Thank goodness you have someone to baby you.

Dana, no, I haven't seen the new roller coaster yet. Maybe they didn't have enough staff working yet to have it running.

I'm all done with my workout. 4DS HIS chest and back. Now I'm lounging in my new comfy pants, thanks to a forum friend.

My foot being wrapped and motrin are heavenly. The ice compressor doesn't hurt either. Seville and Madrid have not left my side since I've been home. They sensed my pain earlier.

They told me one week. I asked Michele, who's changing her diet and lifestyle, and asked her to do a workout for me. I assured her that she won't be doing 360s anytime soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.