***12 Week Challengers, Feb 7***

Good morning everyone - quick post, I'm headed for the TM in a few minutes. I need to down just a little bit more coffee ;-)

Today I'll get in a TM workout and tonight while DS is at practice I'll get another 1-1/2 of 'something'. Any ideas? I'm not quite sure what to do.

Another day of "no white stuff" (carbs that is ;-) ). AND.....trying to find a clean eating 'diet' that works for me. Hopefully I'll come up with something to give me a plan.

Take care everyone - I'll be back later.
Marcia.

Good morning, Marcia! For those fans, Survivor starts tonight again! I can't wait!

The rain has finally stopped here and the sun is supposed to show its face today! I'll take it!

This morning, for me, was iTread 26 and B&G bonus abs. I was going to piggy-back another iTread, but my shins were burning like crazy for some reason! Not sure what that's all about.

I posted a soup recipe on the open forum last night, in case anybody's interested.

BBL

Gayle

Good morning Challengers :)

Marcia: When I read no white stuff --I was thinking *snow*. Silly me:+ Try hard hon. I can't offer much help in that department. I'm not really a bread lover or sweet lover. I know I'm weird --but in a good way I'm sure (Well I keep telling myself that) :) :)

Christine: 11 pounds!!!! You go girl. That's terrific. You are meatless now? No chicken? Where do you get your protein from? Beans? Just curious. I'm not a red meat person. I do eat chicken breast--sometimes I feel like I'm growing feathers :) but it is a good protein source.

Sue: Shoveling is a workout. I had to clear our driveway last month while Hubby was in Denver. Of course we got hit with not one storm but two. I'm grateful I knew how to start the snowblower. Even though I felt like it was pulling me around the driveway :)

Amelia: I hope today is a better day for you. Make it one :) :)

Gayle: How are things going? Legs sore this morning?

Lori: You are a machine girl :)

Today school is delayed 2 hours. Generally they cancel but I think thye have no snow days left so they are trying to get by by delaying it a few hours. We got belted last night with more snow. I so need an island vaction--- to heck with the vacation I want to live on one :)

Having said that my workout this morning is: Delayed but will be done. I am doing circuits at the gym followed by ab machine work and PUB chest and also using the machines at the gym. Now in the past on a day like today I would have said to heck with my workout--I would think I have too much to do and need to get errands done etc--so of course what do us girls do? Put off something for ourself and do do for others. That has changed--I'm making my workouts number one :)

I need a refill --and I'll check and see if anyone else has checked in since I typed this LONG post out :) :)

Make this a great day everyone.

Good Morning Gang!

How is everyone?

Marcia** I suggest you do a 50 mins run, and some UB work:) Would that take 90 mins? I think so! LOL Im hoping you will find what works for you.Sometimes it can be so hard!

Kath** Fro one machine to another...Thanks! I don't think you told us what you were planning on doing today:) I hear ya on the vaca! We won't go anywhere right now with DS so young...or I should say DH won't go anywhere!

Gayle** Have fun with your workout!

Todays workout is going to be a circuit of some sort. I don't want to do to much running today b/c my knees are starting to act up, and my legs are tight from yesterdays workout. Prehaps my workout won't be as long today and I will put in a seg of stretch max!

BBL!
Lori:)

Lori:

Yup one machine to the other. Little rest in between. Since I'm going later I hope it's not too busy or I may have to bump people off the machines }( I be kidding--I'm not that evil.How far ahead in the EST time zone are you? I keep thinking you are in the same one as me --silly girl I am :)

At least with this delay all my *domestic* stuff will be done with and I can work on my *stuff*

I shall return ;-)

Kath** There is a 1.5 hour time dif, between you and I. So it should be about 8:30 where you are.Its 10 here

Hello again. Just popping in quickly to throw out some thoughts. I posted this on my daily BFL thread to those gals, but I'd love to hear what you all have to say about some of this:

Just some general musings to the group.

1.....How do you STAY MOTIVATED? Here is why I ask this question. I've been really UNfocussed these last 3 weeks. I'm still working out and getting in AWESOME workouts. My eating is another story. I seem to really REALLY excel when there is a challenge set upon me. For instance, my first 12 week BFL challenge was a huge success because I had the actual challenge of losing the weight and toning up. Once I got there, the focus seemed to dwindle. I get complacent. Then I almost self-sabotage my fitness goals and then need to sort of start over again. Does that make any sense? When you reach that goal, how do you STAY MOTIVATED to keep on keepin' on? (if you can't tell, what MY problem is is NOT the workouts, but the focus and determination to carry that over to my eating)

2.....This is week 6 for me and several others (in my second BFL challenge). I am trying to decide what I want to do differently in the second half of my 12 weeks. I've been doing the same BFL weight routine for 18 weeks now, and I believe it may be time to shake things up just a bit to shock the muscles and my mind. I am going to continue lifting HEAVY, mainly because it's just doing WONDERS for my physique. But I'm contemplating using the 4DS upper body weight workouts for the next 6 weeks. Lower body, I'm not concerned about, since I'm not losing ANY focus on that part, but I feel my upper body could use some tweeking. Not sure yet, just throwing around some ideas.

3.....My Birthday is tomorrow. The kids are going to want to take me out to eat somewhere and I'm going to let them choose. Then BF and I are going out Saturday night to dinner and a movie (his ex has offered to watch the kids:) ) Food wise, I am going to slack off just a bit those 2 days. This week, food wise, I've been UNfocussed and it's frustrating that I'm doing this to myself. However, I think if I loosen the slack just a bit for my BDay and treat myself, then I will be able to refocus again come the start of a fresh new BFL week. I'm not going to go hog wild on Friday and Saturday. The plan is to eat BFL-clean all day with the exception of the BDay 'events'.

Thanks for letting me randomly throw out some thoughts! Comment as you'd like, but no obligation! lol

Gayle

p.s. Kath...my quads are SORE! Strange, cuz I usually get DOMS in the hammies and glutes most, but this time it's my quads. Go figure! :)

Morning girls!

Im late checking in today I got up early because i didn't have to take dd to school and got my workout over with! I downloaded itread 13 this morning and jumped on the tm and did it!

I have to say that i loved it,it was a nice change of pace for me! And the sprints were just intense! nice challenge! felt good so I will do this workout once a week for my HIIT workout!(following bfl;-))

hey to everybody!:)

ok,gotta go clean my dirty house,bbl

Good Morning,

Quick checkin then off to work. Did the TM for 30 min and then stretch last nite. Tonite is timesaver blast #2 with back and core.
Stomach really aching today so might not do anything. Have a good day everyone check back later.

Quick checkin for me, too. . .

Day 41 of 12 Week Challenge

We had 16 inches of snow yesterday! I shoveled 3 times yesterday and that was my workout. Trust me, it was MORE than sufficient! LOL This morning I did 4DS Kickbox cardio + Total Body Stretching Basic Stretch segment. Stretching felt great.

Have a good day everyone!

Sue

Hey Girls!

Im trying to get supper ready but in the process I thought I would check in.
Todays workout was another adventure. I have been mixing it up lately cause Im B-O-R-E-D! LOL Just tired of doing a straight dvd and then weights. Soooo, I did HST,HSC and put 5 mins runs in place of the cardios I was sooo lazy part of the way through and thought about stopping, till I realized that I was in the basement and there were no windows open. We have a wood stove downstairs and I don't know what the temp is but with no windows open, oxygen is pretty low so after I opened the windows i felt 100% better and kept on truck'in.

I will return for personnals. I didn't get a chance last night b/c I had to cut hair!

Lori
:)

Ooops - just posted on yesterday's post cuz I was trying to catch up.

Here it is:

Hi all,

Gotta make it quick since I'm at work}(

Never seem to find the time to check in 'cuz just like eating, I don't wanna stop checking out the threads !

Still doing well with workouts - seem to thinning up and still getting tighter. I think I can see a difference in some areas but the scale is sticking strong.

Oh well, have added heavy weight workouts and am cutting back on cardio starting last week. We'll see what happens.

Glad to hear many of you are losing well and guess I'm right there with the rest of you. But better than anything, we are healthier and more energetic:7

Someday you ladies have to give me your secrets to getting in your workouts, cleaning, shopping, working, etc and still find time to get here and get your sleep. Seems as the years go by I am finding it harder and harder to get things done. And I have no children that are dependent on me any longer !

Have a great day.

Hey Girls!

I posted my workout but I just wanted to come back for personnals:)

Im sooo ready to snap! DH comes home, eats his supper and now is taking off for hockey.That means I have a baby on my tail for the next hour again. I am just sooo mentally tired and I need a break! My day is non stop when I am home. Seriously, it is a pleasure to go to work!

Marcia** Did you decide what workout you were going to do tonight?

Kath** Did you have to push anyone out of the way at the gym? LOL Did you do your planned workout?

Gayle** Sounds like you are having a little trouble! I hear ya on the good workouts but my eating could be better! And self sabatoge? You don't need to explain yourself to me. I will make brownies b/c I am bored and then who ends up eating them...ME!
Ive wondered it if would be easier if I (we) were with someone with the same goals. I sooo didn't want to be with a muscle head, therefore Im not. But i've wondered, if he did workout,drink shakes and eat healthy, would that make it easier for me? I don't eat much junk I have to say. Im really not that bad. I very rarely have fries or a burger...maybe 2-3 x's a yr but my problem is sweets. Sometimes I don't even want them, I just grab them anyway. So...there you are not alone. Enjoy your b-day with your kiddies!

Sue** I know shoveling can be a workout! I don't do it but I have:) so I know what you are talking about! LOL You asked a couple of days if I were training for something...nope:) I use to run 10 miles once a week last summer b/c DS was only a few monthes old and if he were sleeping I would keep going if I had the energy. I haven't ran 10 miles since I started work which was in Nov..it was nice to know I could still do it.

Ameila** Glad to hear you enjoyed your run! Something else for you to be hooked on! LOL Did you make up with your family?

Roxie** Hope you feel better soon!

Jacque** Glad to hear everything is o.k in your neck of the woods! I manage to get everything done still...last night I did house work, I don't know how well I did it, but its done and thats all that matters to me!

Hope everyone as a good night! BB in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.