***10# for Tuesday Melters!***

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I did one of the pre-mixes from 4DS, "Chest, shoulders, triceps", thinking that I should mix it up a bit. The only thing I didn;t like was that there was no warm up x( so I just jumped right in and started when Cathe did. Kind of strange. Also no cool down so when it says 34 minutes, it is 34 minutes of weight work.

Shelley:
Don't let the PMS get to you! You are strong and can beat it down! 4 pounds is a great achievement.:)

Judy:
Planning meals in advance is the only way I can stick with it. Otherwise my choices are not that great.

Shannon:
Hope your PT session was ok. I actually did have the whole week off, but mostly got ready for the holiday and did not feel like I had time off until Friday.

Robin:
Well wishes coming your way!

Michelle:
Welcome back. No Pity parties allowed! No looking back, just jump on our bandwagon here and hang on for the ride!:7

Lainie:
More well wishes coming your way! Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Michele:
Wow you are really doing great! Congratulations on the CCPP performance!:7

Tneah:
Another well wish going out..hope you feel better soon!

B:
At least you know your "illness" should be gone in a few days! Isn't it awful being back at work?

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Goodmorning Deb. Good job getting up early to work out. I got up early to dry my hair. Really - it's getting longer than I like and takes way to long to style. Maybe after my haircut next week, I'll keep getting up earlier and do a workout instead - NOT.

We had a good time yesterday. We took Tristan to his place of work and met with the caregivers, supervisors, managers, therapists, etc. Everyone had wonderful things to say about how well Tristan is doing. Then DH and I went shopping. I got a couple tops for work and some gifts. We went out for dinner on the way home and I only ate half of my HUGE sandwich. DH didn't want to stop for lunch earlier, so I had an apple and a kashi bar for lunch, so I think my calorie intake was pretty good. I'm still not working out. I think I may be up to it tomorrow. That will make a full week of rest.

I have to go see what I missed yesterday. I'll try to get back later for some personals. Have a great melty day.

Howdy, Melters -

As I suspected, I'm going to have to do some very clean eating for a while. Fortunately yesterday was pretty good. No workout yesterday - the PT session always gets me home too late, and no workout tonight because I desperately have to go grocery shopping. My fridge is filled with cold air, and that's just about it!

The PT gave me heel inserts to take pressure off my calf and recommended that whenever I do any sort of exercise, including walking the dog, that I wrap my leg. Yippee. I've agreed to try another week of no workouts. Well - no cardio and no lower body. Upper body is allowed!

Deb - I've noticed that about the 4DS weight premixes, I guess because all the warm-ups are for the cardio section. Next time, just swing your arms around for a few minutes! :7

Robin - I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, but remember to start out slow if you work out tomorrow.

Good Morning All -

Well I stepped on the scale ..... drum roll please... after 5 days with relatives -- I'm still down the two pounds (from my starting weight)! I'm so thrilled that I didn't gain it back and once again, be starting OVER!

I don't think I can drop 8 pounds by Christmas -- but the great thing about that is that we can continue being "melters" even after the New Year. How about "Melters and Maintainers!" :)

Okay, I'm sitting here with my credit card. I NEED to be purchasing Christmas presents... but I want the 4DS sooooo bad. I think it is what I need -- I need a rotation -- no matter how many DVDs I buy, I never follow a rotation. I think this will force me to do it.

I'm at work - so I have to run. I'm thinking of you all. Did anybody get up early this morning (and to dry your hair doesn't count, ha ha)??? I slept in so I'll be doing my workout tonight. The one upside to working out at night is that it curbs my appetite for dinner.

Later!
Mich

I GOT UP EARLY, I GOT UP EARLY!!!!! I did my four mile run this morning (I wanted 5 but the dogs took longer than I thought). I am swamped right now, but I'll be back later!!

Way to go Shelley!!!!

(Maybe if had 4DS, I would have been motivated to get up!) I'm still holding my credit card!!

Mich

Hi everyone. I'm still sick and so very sleepy, for some reason. I guess I'm just worn down. It doesn't help that I have a sick and very clingy toddler wanting to crawl on me half the time. I put on a Thomas the Tank Engine video and lay down on the couch, but he wouldn't leave me alone to rest at all. At least he's in a jolly mood, just full of mucus. Ugh.

I hope to do some yoga later while Ewan is napping, but I might prefer just napping myself. I've had to cancel my physical therapy appointments this week since I can't really take a snotty 2-year old with me and he can't go back to nursery school yet.

I hope to be back later for some personals (when no one's crawling on me).

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hi All!!

Well, I'm feeling crummier today but I know today is the last day of cramps. Surprisingly, I got my workout done last night so I'm very proud of that. But I only did it because I needed to blow off steam. Whatever gets you to put the sneakers on, right?

Well, I gotta go for now. A lot of work to do. Have a lovely day, lovely ladies!

Hiya melters!

Well, something is definitely going around the forums because I've got a cold brewing and I wish it would either come or go -- it's just kind of in the background. I have a mild but constant sinus headache, some sniffles, and a scratchy throat. I was going to make a nice pot of soup yesterday but I didn't have time. I won't have time today either x( . Hopefully I'll be able to make it tomorrow. I'll send some around to the rest of you sickos...er...sickies :* :*

Today I'll be starting week 3 of the 4DS rotation (I started yesterday but it was a rest day :7 ). I think chest and back are on the schedule. My eating is prrrretty good -- not perfect but OK.

I like the idea of melting and maintaining. I will not meet the 10# goal by Christmas, but I feel like I'm doing well regardless, so I'm willing to stick with it as long as any/everyone desires. This accountability helps and even if I'm not doing as well as I would like, the trend is in the right direction. That's all that really matters to me.

I read everything ^^^ there, and rest assured that I am thinking about and rooting for each of you. ;) :)

Okay, I didn't realize you could catch things from a forum. Now I'm sitting here with a headache and stomach ache!! :(

Sorry so many of you feel bad. Hang in there!

Mich

Hey Crew!

I thinks we all need soup and liquids and a good nights sleep.

Shelly - I want to give you a pat on the back for gettin' that run in early! Way to go!

Lanie, Robin and Michelle and Mich healing vibes to all of you!

Hi Deb and Tneah and B

Thank you all for the suggestions and the vegan thread. I did plan out my dinner menu for the week with flexibility as to which days each meal gets cooked. Friday and Saturday I plan on eating out with no guilt and sensible choices, except wine.

I feel like I have renewed attitude. Won't you all join me?

PS- Lanie call the Doc will ya!?

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

hi all. This cold is such a pain. Went to the doctor this morning, said to let it take its course.Did CTX kickbox and a Windsor pilates tape,big whoppe! Hope you all are taking care of yourselves, I swear the whole of Vegas is coughing!
Be back later gators:)

Back to add: went to the doctor this AM for bloodwork and asked about my cold, they told me to let it run its course. And it can last as long as three to four weeks.x( But watch it, if you develop a fever or chills, that is the flu.

Hey melters! Sorry I've been MIA for a couple days. My DSL service has been out of service for several days. Sorry, I've no time for personals right now but I had another awful weigh in on Monday. Another pound up from last week. x( I wish I knew why! If two more weeks go by without a loss I'm ditching this South Beach crap and go to plan B (whatever that is!). I am still down 3.3 pounds since we started.

After the terrible weigh-in yesterday I lost focus and had a bit of a cookie binge last night at the blood bank. If I gain again next week I'll at least have something enjoyable to blame. ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.