*** Watercoolers --remember to flip your calendars

MommaPew

Cathlete
Wow, June already. Played bb last night (lost;( in the last inning) and still a little cool. Need 3 light layers on.;(

Starting to think about what to pack for Nascar and hope it will be warm enough at night that we don't need to take a bundle of clothing and bedding.

Little guy is doing better today - but boy was he crabby. Sent him to pre-school but may pick him up early.

I had a good time at BB last night. Didn't play the best but not the worst either. I had a BEAUTIFUL HIT but right to the outfielder. Kinda s**ks when you hit a weak ball and get on base then hit won right out of the park and get out}(

Wendy - come on, fess up, you just wanted someone to massage your cheeks.;-) I give you (& everyone else) permission to call me Trish. To hear someone call me Patty makes my skin crawl and Pat not much better. It's funny b/c last night there were 3 "Pat's" at BB. A Patty from the other team, a Patty on my team and me. Never had that many around me b/4.

Jeanette - after your full day yesterday you deserve 9 holes tonight guilt free. You sure pack a lot into your day.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Think I'll do Keep it UP and some abs tonight.

BBL.

Good Morning Coolers!

This week is back to work! I'm being much more strict with workouts and eating for the forseeable future. I've decided to just jump in to the rotation instead of completing the 4DS again. Today will be Imax 2 and if I have enough energy, I may even use my 8" step }( I always used to use it before life got so busy, so I might just have to break it out again. Otherwise, it's the usual routine of schoolwork and errands for me today. I'm hoping all my family members stay low-maintenance for awhile, lol.

Wendy -- I have completed 36 weeks (not required in MD, but I was curious so I kept track), but we go year round and take breaks when we need/want to. We're still finishing up MOH 1 and SOTW 1. I got Biblioplan for history next year, which uses SOTW as one of the spines and MOH as an optional resource. It's nice not to have to make that schedule for myself again! They also use some other cool spines (Famous Men of the Middle Ages & Rats, Bulls and Flying Machines by Core Knowledge) and pull together all the readers for all the ages I have :D We're looking forward to it. I'm mostly there on buying stuff. I'm sad that the revised SOTW 2 won't be published in sprial binding as that's my favorite :( so I'll have to suck it up and get paperback. I also have MOH 2, but b/c it doesn't cover the same span as SOTW, I'll also need MOH 3 before we get to the renaissance unit. We'll be switching to MOH 2 in July while we still finish up SOTW 1. Switching topics... I hope your glutes are feeling much better after your massage :) It IS a hard area to stretch properly!

Patricia -- The S&H C&B is a GREAT workout :D I'm looking forward to weights after a heavy cardio rotation! I completely hear ya on the Patty/Pat thing, lol. Pat just sounds so androgenous to me.

Jeanette -- You had quite a productive day! I need about a month of those kinds of days! :D

Debra -- I hope you're all recovered today!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Hi ladies,
Today was LIC (less the off kilter pushups, I was staring at the clock and wanted to get in abs too). Golf will be after work (hopefully). Felt like I had lots of endurance today in LIC. Usually circuits make me really sweat but not so much today.

Trish (can I call you that?), bet that hit felt nice when it came off the bat. Once in a while when golfing I get one that feels like that, but not too often (yet). DH was working on the deck yesterday, but had the screen door open and was watching the race too. I think there was more watching than working done. What can I say, I get plenty of play time myself. Yes, for a change yesterday felt somewhat productive. I need to tackle some housework soon. Dishes, vacuuming after golf. You can see where my priorities are ;)

Carol, enjoy your Imax2 today, and on an 8" step!!! Woohoo! I'm lucky to get it done on a 6" one. I need to show some discipline with my eating. 2 s'mores yesterday was not an example of clean eating. Yes, we still have stuff left from Memorial Day.

Wendy, what circuit are you doing today, my little pinkie friend?:p

Hi to everyone that comes later, I'll catch back up tonite.

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Today I did a 2m run with Cami, and a KB workout (don't remember the name of it), plus BBC Butt Blaster.

Yesterday we had our first rehearsal for faire, and everthing seems to be working much better than last year. The one guy that DH was having problems with showed up and was lurking. All I can say is grow up already. We had beautiful weather.

Oldest DD came home on Saturday, and she was tired but excited. She bought herself a cool shirt that had her name on the back, with 4x800 state champs. And she even put on the shirt that she was an alternate, because she felt it would be unfair to the girls that ran the race.

Patricia, June has snuck up on all of us I think. My DH's b'day is on Wednesday, so I still have to get hime something for that. WTG on the nice hit, but dang on the fact that someone had to be there to catch it. :D We have about the same weather as MI, and we just now have been able to wear shorts out. This morning was the first time I could wear shorts for our morning walk. I would think that by the time that weekend roles around the evenings will be very pleasant. ;-) Sorry to hear that the little guy is still not himself. :(

Carol, I still need to check out that June rotation :7 , Will do that when I get a moment. Hope that Imax2 goes well for you, and that your energy level is good.

Jeanette, Hope the Rhino can be an easy fix, as the e-mailer stated. :D Had to LOL about your DH's legs not seeing the light of day! My DH wore his Wranglers yesterday, and one of our more vocal people said "dang Brian, now we know why Laurie married you". Remember when our gay friend once said to me that my DH had a nice butt! :7 :7 Well those Wranglers really look nice on DH. :7 :7

Have to get ready for a meeting BBL,

Laurie

Back again and catching up on weekend posts.

Wendy, I ended up not making pie. I decided on a ruhbarb cake instead. :9 It was very tasty, and everyone that had it liked it. Even DH who is not a big fan of the stuff. :D I think that my Aunt has a ww crust recipe, when I talk to my DM I will find out.

Debra, Sounds like a fun weekend was had by all. How is that head of yours? The 2 hours of Kest was with that CD you have? Wow, and here I though YogaX was a long workout! :D :D

Today I don't have to pick oldest up from school!!!!!!! I feel like I'm going to be a free woman now that track season is over with.

Well that is it for me,

Laurie

WooHoo...No school!!! Everyone slept late here today...except for CBL who had to go to work...poor baby. I have some housework to catch up on, but other than that...no big plans. I told the Diva that she and I would go have pedicures today...and then she has dance rehearsal tonight for her recital on Friday. XDH will be in town on Thursday...and hopefully we will get all of our separation stuff taken care of while he is here. Our date for divorce is coming up in July...so keep your fingers crossed that he is in a good mood and just goes ahead and signs everything.

Let's see...my butt and hips are still hurting from the Bryan Kest CD on Saturday...Yesterday I did 4DS LIS with calves and core. Nice to the point workout. I have no idea what I am doing today...Maybe some Eoin. I need to keep practising so that I am ready for the workshop in a few weeks.

Fish tacos were yummy last night. Good easy recipe that uses black beans, red cabbage and mahi mahi. It also used hard and soft shell tortillas. Very tasty. I am making some flank steak pinwheels tonight...with roasted red peppers, basil and mozzarella. Anyone want to come for dinner??

Okay...onto personals..

Laurie...
Congrats to DD for her team's win! I am sure they were all so excited. What is up with the creep from last year lurking around?? That is very strange. I hope he doesn't have a gun or anything! Glad your first rehearsal went well. When does the faire start?? I'm sorry your DH wasn't in the bathroom with Wendy and me so that we could compare buttocks with him too...LOL!

Trish....
Feels weird to type a new name! Glad you had a good game last night...sorry your team lost, though. Good to hear that DS is feeling a bit better today. I am sure the crankies will be gone in another day or so. When is your NASCAR trip?? Next weekend? It is really warm here now...in the 80's most days. It was nice at the pool yesterday! Thanks for the reminder about the yoga mat...I want to get a new one before we head to Toronto.

Carol....
Sounds like you have busy with homeschooling and all of the family drama. Hope your sister is doing better. And thank goodness DS was wearing a helmet. I am surprised that I didn't hurt myself more when I was younger since we didn't have that kind of stuff then! Good luck with Imax2 today...That is one of my favorites!

Jeanette....
Sorry you missed the tacos last night...Come visit anytime and I will make them for you! LOL about your DH and his legs. I can't imagine never wearing shorts. I would roast in the summer! CBL wears shorts all the time...and he has these little skinny legs...I don't know how they hold him up...LOL! Good that LIC was doable for you this morning...Again, I say, you endurance is better than you thought. What a good grasshopper you were yesterday! Stop being so busy on a Sunday! Wendy and I have a house at the beach the first week of August. It will be DD's and my big vacation of the summer together. Her dad is taking her to DC and to NYC while he is in the country...and of course, I will be in Toronto with CBL, Wendy, Trish, and EOIN in just a few weeks. That is my 'mommy' vacation! Have fun at Indiana Jones this week...Let us know how it is. I have a couple of movies from Netflix that I really need to watch. Just haven't gotten to it lately.

Wendy...
I like Bryan's voice....no as much as Eoin's of course, but it certainly doesn't grate on me. Now, though, I will be listening to his articulation since you had to bring it up! I have turned a couple of local friends onto Eoin. They were really excited to find some new yogis...They have mostly done Rodney Yee in the past. I am starting to count down the days until Eoin! I am so glad for Phil that you now have a massage therapist to rub you...I am sure he is glad for the break...LOL!

Kim...
Good to see you around this weekend...Hope you have a great week at work...When are your kids out of school??

Sandra...
You have been MIA this weekend...I am sure you have been busy, busy, busy! Between the kids, the DH and teaching step classes you have a full plate! Hope your weekend was good and that you got some down time, too.

Think that catches me up for now, anyway. Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

kisses to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Did you guys see the STS Coming Soon You Tube clip on the homepage? It looks so cool. It comes at a timely manner. I was having second thoughts. Thought about canceling my pre-order.

Jeanette: Dang it! Thanks for reminding me of the pinkie promise. :p LIC sounds good to me. I think I'll do CC tomorrow and follow it up with some Eoin. I should check out some premixes for Wednesday. I might do half of Plyo and a longer Eoin premix on Thursday or skip that day since I have a massage scheduled on Friday. If I workout the day before a massage, she has to work out the fluid retention before she can in deep to work out the muscles. I'll do Thursday's workout if I wake up early. I'll do Friday's workout LATE after my massage. I'm not going to plan too far ahead since I might take Thursday as a rest day.

I'll be back later tonight to chat.

Wendy

Hi all...back to report I actually did a workout today...so everyone should be proud of me. I did a new Ellen Barrett 'Fat Burning Fusion'...it is a little cardio mixed with pilates...nice little workout..Got my heart rate up a little, but not very high...but that's okay...it was just what I needed. Tomorrow will definitely be a day for Eoin...and then who knows about the rest of the week..I guess I need to get myself on some sort of rotation since I seem to be floundering around lately. I did measurements today and I have maintained my weight...my waist and bis are the same, thighs about an inch smaller, chest and hips about an inch bigger...who knows??

Anyhoo...back in the morning to check on you guys..I have to get the Diva from dance rehearsal and then CBL is coming over for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great night!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Typing with sweaty fingers after finishing CC#6R, my running feels good and strong. I'm trying to get a few good runs this week before going away. Pretty quiet few days around here. DD did wonderful at her piano recital on Saturday night, she played "In a Child's Eyes". Nice to have piano done for the summer. DS is at his first football practice tonight ;-) Two hours four days a week, the first month it's across the city so I guess DH and I will take turns driving him over there.

Quiet day at work, I saw one guy who lives way up north and never bothered coming back for a followup for months, today I took out his sutures from Feb 4!!! ;( Yuck, they were buried deep, what an idiot. I had another patient, who is very strange who removed a nail clipper and showed me how he can clip his nails and then started cleaning the gunk out from out his nails. I could see my coworker behind him just cracking up and I was having such a hard time keeping a straight face. So many odd people in this world.

Debra Glad to see you survived the sleepover. My kids still have another month of school, till the end of June.

Laurie The concrete patio sounds nice. We're getting our driveway paved this year as it's still gravel. I think we going to go with the asphalt rather than concrete. What's the story with the lurker?

Patricia Whitehorse only has 23,000 people so it's quite small. I'll let you know what it's like. Sounds like you're really enjoy bb!

Jeanette- You did great on your tri relay!! The weather has been so cool here that I'm thinking if it turns warm right before the marathon, there could be lots of people struggling. 15,000 people in the race and no one would have trained in the heat. Yikes! Glad you made it back okay on the Rhino!

Wendy Why are you driving places in the middle of the night? I'm glad that the therapist is helping so much! That's great that you MIL and you get along so well. I get along really well with my MIL as well.

Carol Good luck on the June rotation!

Sandra Hope everything is well!!

Kim

Hi everyone! Remember me? I used to live here, too. I sure do miss all the long chats I used to be able to have with all of you. But anyhow, life keeps moving on, doesn't it?

Patricia - did I read right the other day, that you had a bb game at 9:45pm?!?! Please explain that to me. How does anyone come to think that's a reasonable time to schedule the start of a bb game?? So, what's going on with your son? Is it just a bug, or something more? How'd he manage today? When's your Nascar weekend? And to the person who caught your sweet hit I'd like to say: Awesome catch!!! :) :) My cousin has 2 children, born a few years apart, both on July 1. Her poor middle child probably wonders why she doesn't get fireworks on her birthday, too.

Carol - Well, you're back! Nice to see you again. The June rotation looks really good. I admit I was tempted....but no, I'm in the middle of the P90X+ rotation, and am going to try and stick it out a bit longer. LOL about the androgenous Pat comment to Patricia. That was an SNL skit for a few years. Am I the only one who remembers that?

Jeanette - Hoooowdy Friend! It feels like it's been so long since I've been able to truly follow all the events in your life. I bought the fixin's for s'mores last week when I went grocery shopping. I don't know why. I just found my hand pulling the graham crackers off the shelf. Then the marshmallows. And finally the chocolate chips. I still haven't informed the kids that s'mores are an option for a snack, but maybe I'll do that tonight, as a treat. My toddler has yet to be introduced to such a delight.

Laurie - Rehearsal time already?? It seems like you just finished up from last year! Does it ever feel like a burden? Or do you all just love it so much? Congratulations to DD and her team!!!! That was awesome!!

Debra - Agh. Gotta see XDH on Thursday, huh? How did his business survive the Russian police raid? I don't see any mention of your headache today. Dare I hope that it's finally gone away? Don't practice too much for Eoin; he calls himself an instructor, make him earn his title! Yup, I'd LOVE to come for dinner!! Sounds deeeelicious! This right here is my down time. Aren't I wonderful to be spending it catching up with you all LOL!!! It's been a hectic 3 days, but I'll explain that at the bottom of this post.

Wendy - Ah, so you DID preorder STS! I wasn't sure if you'd jumped on the bandwagon or not. How's your shoulder healing up? Might it be ready in time? And is it going to be a problem at the Finn workshop in 3 weeks? I was really excited to see the STS clip on YouTube as well! Cathe's really trying to branch out. How's the bread making going these days? So, your masseuse can *feel* the fluid retention the day after a workout? Wow!

This weekend I spent allllllll day Saturday at a Children's Festival, and then back to a friends' house for socializing/dinner, etc. We brought their son home with us for a sleepover with my dd. I told my friend that if she wanted her son back, she had to come and get him, and oh, btw, bring your bike, because we're going for a ride. She's been humming and hawing about getting out on her bike forever. So, I sort of forced her out the door. On Sunday we went out for just over an hour, tooling around some backroads. It was really enjoyable. We got back in enough time for me to walk upstairs, change my clothes, and head back out the door to the Y for the class. The class entailed 4 hours of us instructor-wannabes bouncing around to short samples of each other's classes. I taught a step combo with an Imax2-ish blast. Fun fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon/evening. Then I was up again this morning in time to head out to my local Y for the step class. I was at the front beside the instructor this week. Had a blast. Got my steps all mixed up at one point (ever tried to follow someone who's beside you? Tricky!), so just kept jumping away until I found my feet again. Not sure if I took anyone else in the class down with me, but nobody swore at me, so it's all good. After the class the instructor and I went to a room by ourselves and played around with the steps for about 45mins. Again, fun fun. I'm learning lots about how to design and cue a step workout. I have one more Sunday afternoon/evening of training class, then I just stick with the instructor at my local Y and gradually begin designing and teaching her class. Then, I'm not sure where they place me. I should ask someone about that (note to self: ask someone about that).

Well, I'd best go pinch my children and see if they're getting enough to eat these days. Have a great night!
Sandra

Kim,

We were posting at the same time. Thanks for thinking of me! Your DD's in piano lessons? Nice! I took piano for quite a few years. My goal is to buy a piano some time before I die. I'd like my kids to learn. Holy crap that's a lot of time in football practice! That's how it is when kids get older, I suppose? Eeewwwwwwwwwwwwww on the sutures!!! What was he thinking?! OMG about the nail clipper! What a wacky job you have! We drove through Whitehorse in July, 1998, on our way to Skagway. Love that part of the world. When's your trip? My mother and grandmother are going on an Alaskan cruise next week.

Cheers!
Sandra

Good Evening Coolers

Just finished Keep It Up and Slim & 6 Pack then did most of Blissful Rider from PY4H2. Eoin sure goes quick in some of the sequences. I can see where PY4H is more my speed at the moment. My weekly yoga class was introducing some of his moves so I was familiar with most of them.

Question about w/o tops. Has any one found a solution how not to flash someone when they're bending over? I got a new top that I thought would solve the problem, but no. Even on PY4H I could see where the camera man zoomed in...

Anyhoo. Let see what everone else has been up to today.

Carol - 8" step - I haven't done that since my 20's. I think that also contributed to my back problems. I only use 8" now on a short step w/o usually from Charlene Prickett. This home schooling business has a whole new language. Are you sure you and Wendy aren't speaking in code?:)

Laurie - I've seen you mention faire a few times and not really understanding what it is. So what is it? You must be so proud of DD right now. I'm envious of the appreciative comments about your DH and his wranglers. I was just saying to DH on Sun. why don't you wear your cargo shorts instead of those baseketball shorts that just look sloppy? He didn't even remember that he bought them last year for our summer vacation. Will have to hunt them down. Now if only he would wear sandals. He has got the most gorgeous feet (& no I don't have a foot fetish):p BTW, I would love to have the rhubarb cake recipe as my Mom has a huge patch. I used to eat it raw. Yummy.

Debra - does removing the nail polish and putting a fresh coat on classify as a pedi? Probably not but that's all I had time for this weekend especially since I was bound and determined to start wearing sandals this week.:p Yep Nascar is next weekend (June 14th or so I think) Will be a busy week following as then our Yoga Conference follows too. Just starting to think about what to pack for Nascar now.

Wendy - sure gets complicated trying to figure out what w/o's to do with what else is going on. Must not mess up the massage schedule. I think only active people like us would understand the juggling.:)

Kim - OMG - what kind of people do you have to deal with? LOL It reminded me of the time my DH told me about seeing a guy in the drugstore checking out deodarants. He saw the guy actually take the cap off and USE it then put it back on the shelf. I had a piano growing up and even took guitar lessons (which I s**ked at). I've been really thinking of seriously buying a Keyboard. Doesn't take up as much room as the piano. DH has a guitar, a couple electrica guitars and a bass along with sound systems so maybe we could start up a family band one day - NOT:p

Sandra - LOL at the poor kid & no fireworks. Yep, Nascar in another week. Looking forward to it as we rented a HUGE motor home - right just when the price of gas has skyrocketed}( My brother is coming with us and we figured if it rains then the other family with their 2 kids can hang out inside with us (better than in their tent trailer). Luckily Tues. my BB game is at a civilized hour of 6pm, that way we can go out for beer afterwards. It really wasn't too bad playing so late as I was still home just after 11pm. I'm used to not getting home until 12-1am after a 6:30 game LOL. Happily it looks like DS is over whatever virus he had. Just a little bit of a rash which should be gone tomorrow or so. My fingers are x'd he sleeps well tonight. I swear I haven't had a good night sleep for more than 2-3 nights in a row in over 3 years. How do parents do it with 2-5 kids? Yea, I thought the same thing about Pat from SNL too! I swear there is no mistaking my sex. I was once told when I asked what a lipstick lesbian was that I would be the lipstick lesbian in the relationship. Better not delve too much farther in that topic in case someone asks Cathe to delete this post LOL. Glad you had a fun weekend. My only piece of advice about cuing - USE HAND GESTURES. I'm not Italian but I find "speaking" with your hands so much more helpful then oh I don't know, last second cuing. Have you taught floor aerobics yet or are you jumping right into step? If so, you're brave.:p

Okay, it's late, better get a good nights slepp.

LIC DONE! DONE! DONE! Darn Pinkie Promises. Well, I got it in before midnight.:7

Opening up a window for personals.

Wendy

So, I decided to beef up my circuit dvds. I ordered BM2 tonight from AdvancedWorkout.com. I was going to order HSC or HST but couldn't make up my mind. Which one should I try first? Which one do you all like best?

Patricia: Do you workout on BB game nights? I haven't thought to see. My BFF is LaTrecia. I call her Trish for short. So, I'll just keep calling you Patricia. My best friend in jr. high was Patricia. We called her Patty for short. Gosh, I wonder what's up with her these days. Workout tops... I like this Lululemon one for the best coverage:
http://www.lululemon.com/products/womens/tops/tanks/spark_tank
If that doesn't work, you can always wear a tight, clingy t-shirt over a sports bra. I tend to avoid t-shirts because it feels too tight around my neck. Really, I don't worry about flashing anyone since I don't have much cleavage. And, I'm too busy thinking about my breath and finding my edge to look at others. So, I wouldn't worry too much. Hope that helps.

Carol: IMax2 is a fun one! I thought about getting Biblioplan, but I kinda prefer to use a spine and add my own stuff. I don't really plan the add-ons. I've been blessed to find more than enough resources and books to round out MOH. The twins used the spiral binding for SOTW 2 this year. I didn't buy the revised edition because I wanted the spiral bound book. The glutes are quite tender today. She used a wooden contraption to help break up the larger knot. She told me that I'd have a bruise. I haven't checked to see though. Anyhow, the wooden thingamajig didn't really hurt, it just pinched my skin. I must have a high pain tolerance to deep pressure massage. How's your sister doing today? Isn't Pat a character on SNL?

Jeanette: Scoop! Scoop! I was with you today!!! I did it!!! Did NOT want to!!! But, I did!!! Sounds like I deserve a pat on one of my knots!!!:7 I was sweating tonight. I didn't feel like I had much endurance. In fact, I was shaking when I did a little yoga afterwards. PMS is not kind to me this month. I'm not fond of doing push-ups with Cathe. I like doing them at my own pace with Tony. I can get more reps in that way. I took it easy with the shoulder work tonight. Since the shoulders are recruited in the one triceps exercise on the bench, I went down in weights too. Safety first!!!:+ I feel it in my shoulders during push ups too. I much prefer to do isolation work until I'm 100%. Like Cathe says, "You're only as strong as your weakest link." So true. My boys saw Indiana Jones. They liked it. But, that's not saying much. They like pretty much any action movie. Oh, my MIL thought the MyChelle stuff made her skin feel very soft. I notice that my skin looks the best when I get a good sweat every day. Something about the oils maybe. Anyhow, my skin looks soft and plump, and my pores are less noticeable when I wash it after a good sweat.

Laurie: I thought about incorporating one of the BBC workouts into my circuit rotation. Which one do you think I'll be able to survive?:7 Is that trouble maker doing the faire this year? Or did he leave the group? If he left, why was he lurking during rehearsals? What a dear, sweet dd you have! Hopefully, she'll get her chance to participate next year. I never have luck cooking with rhubarb. It always comes out tasting tarty. You must have the special, sweet touch!!! Oh, I would be interested in the ww crust recipe if you can get it. I'll forward you the apple pie recipe or the CC recipe in return.:9

Debra: I'll cross my unpedicured toes that all goes smoothly with your separation!!! Hope you and the Diva had fun getting pedicures! Did you get matching colors? I should take my munchkins for a spa day this summer. Hey, if I take them one at a time, that would be three spa days for me!!!:7 I hear you. I'm not in any shape for the workshop. I have to keep reminding myself that Eoin will still love. It's all good. It's allll gooood.:) I don't know why I notice his lisp. It's not that noticeable. But, since I'm aware of it, I can't help but to notice it. Sorry, I might have possibly poisoned you to it now. Say What?!?! Phil doesn't get a break. Girl, you should hear how he calls me spoiled when I ask for a massage on massage days!!!! But, how can he say NO to the bootay!!!}( }( }( OH! Guess what!!! My massage therapist, Patty, might be at the shore the same time as us!!! I hope you get to meet her. She has a client with a mega huge shore house. She stays there a few days and gives her a morning massage in exchange for free room and board. She charges her friends who stay at the shore for extra spending money. Not a bad set-up! I told her to go the week we're going. She can hang on the beach with us. I hear you about the weight and inches. Same here. My weight is the same, but my inches are bloating up with every passing second. Maybe, I should invite myself over to Carol's house for dinner. LOL

Kim: How nice to get a break from piano lessons. If we didn't leave this winter, dd would have year long lessons. I needed a break. So we took off from November to June. I think dd might have to relearn how to play!!! Oh! Don't you know, night time driving is the best time to drive!!! Traffic isn't as crazy. And, the kids don't need to use the bathroom every 5 minutes!!! MIL and I have had our moments. She once called me controlling because I enjoy homeschooling. It was when I first started and I think she was concerned her granddaughter wouldn't learn how to read. LOL She fully supports me now, especially since she homeschooled the twins this winter. She said she learned so much and enjoys history now.:7 EWWWWWW!!!! Sutures and nail gunk. That would give me the heebeejeebees!!!! You must have a strong gut to go through something like that!!! I make my kids go to Phil whenever an accident involves blood!!!! Do you ever use CC for other types of cardio? I'm thinking I might try CC on the treadmill one of these days. The only thing holding me back is my treadmill doesn't have automatic incline. I have to stop it and manually adjust it. Not happening!

Sandra: Howdy Stranger! Well, you are not the only one who remembers SNL's Pat. I just asked Carol about it earlier in my post.:7 Yep, I took the plunge on STS before the preorder prices went up another level. I'm not sure what condition I'll be in when STS is finally in my hands. That's why I was thinking of canceling my order. I don't think that my shoulder should be a problem for the workshop. Eoin is so WONDERFUl at helping you accept where you are. I've been making range of motion gains because of him!!! That's what spurred me to check out his seminar schedule. I can't wait to meet him and tell him!!!! Oh, yes! My massage therapist is GOOD!!! I LOVE her!!! I am so fascinated with massage now. I've always thought about getting a massage license. Now that I see the extreme benefits of massage, I'm so fascinated with the entire anatomy part... how everything is so connected. How the body works. My therapist has inspired me to look into going to massage school. I'm always asking her questions. So, during the massage she explains what she's doing, why she's doing what she's doing, and how the body works. I can't get enough. She's already agreed to mentor me, and hire me if I get certified!!!! We are planning a trip to Thailand in a couple of years to learn Thai massage in Chang Mai. How cool is that!!!

So, everyone! I might as well let you all know. On Wednesday, I'm going to register for massage school. I'll attend part time in the evenings for three days a week. Classes start in July. By next year, I'll be able to give you all massages at the retreat!!!!!!!!

Okay ladies, it's way past my bedtime. I'll chat with you all tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams,
Wendy

Hi everyone,
Put in my 9 holes of golf after work today. Let me say, I won't be giving up my day job and going on the LPGA tour any time ever.... I do get a few nice shots in once in a while, but not very consistent. I'm getting tired of playing by myself. Father Tony is supposed to have surgery this week on his broken finger (I think). Another girlfriend and I will be playing next week. Just not sure of the day. Tomorrow will be a ladies bike ride. Hopefully without wind or rain. We just have not had a nice weather day for our Tuesday night ride. Think I might have heard mention of a "wind event" for tomorrow. Sigh.

I talked to the guy from Mississippi that I bought the Rhino part from. He gave me the quick fix over the phone. He assures me that if it doesn't take care of it, he'll make it right and replace it. For some reason, I believe him. I've always gotten a good feel from his website and forums. His site is www.hunterworks.com.

Laurie, when you talk of the faire, my mind goes to Debra's, when we were all in her workout room watching your DVD. I absolutely loved it! What a wonderful activity it is. What a sweetie your DD is, making sure that others know she was an alternate on the team. I'm sure she'll be right there in the main field in the upcoming years. LOL about the comments on your DH's nice butt in Wranglers. Oo la la! Does he wear tights with his faire outfit? Do you have a present picked out for your DH? I'm thinking I'd like to get my DH a pressure washer for his birthday in August. Last year, I had a new garage door installed. Ours had been so bad for years. You had to manually pull it up and down and there were times I thought the whole thing was going to collapse on me. I was tired of him trying to fix it. What a PITA that was.

Debra, how was the pedicure with your DD? Has she ever had one before? Are you less nervous this time with XDH coming? Did you save some fish tacos for me? I'd love to heat some up for my lunch tomorrow. The vacation at the beach sounds wonderful! Does Julia like the beach? Our beaches (a 7 hour drive from here) are all very cold water of the Pacific. Actually, since seeing Jaws in the '70's, I quit getting in the water. Better not to chance it I'm thinking. Way to go on the stats. You do get to eat out a lot and still look great. What more could a person want? I'm in denial and have been for a couple months. Been over that since I've stepped on a scale LOL! I no longer want the scale to dictate whether I'm grumpy or happy, and believe me, it used to. Yep, denial.

Kim, crazy about the guy not having the stitches removed. I think we have a fix for the Rhino. Just need to have DH do it while I tell him what to do (which I'm good at). Hope you don't have hot weather right before the marathon. I can't believe how cool it's been lately here. I have a metric organized ride in a couple of weeks. Hope it doesn't heat up abruptly again. Part of my problem is I keep pushing ahead, not wanting to stop, even when I guess I should for my health and safety's sake. Dumb, huh? Whitehorse is small at 23,000? Our town is 20,000, but 10,000 of the city's population are the inmates in both prisons. You would say we are teeny weeny. 15,000 runners? Wowsa!!! That's a lot of runners for sure. More than our whole town.

Wendy, my dear, thanks so much for the heads up on STS! Looks great and motivating. Way to go, pinkie promise friend, on doing LIC!!! Did you do those staggered pushups? I didn't do the band with the barbell for biceps. In fact I used DB's as I was too lazy to lower the weight on my BB. Tomorrow will be either a cardio of some kind, or I will just skip the workout in the morning and do the bike ride in the afternoon with my buds. But then again, if there is the "wind event", I will be sorry that I didn't work out in the morning. Have you been out on your bike lately? I'm reading a blog about a lady that is riding down the west coast from Canada to Mexico. She's been gone 300 and some days. She's still touring in Mexico. Very interesting reading. Sometimes I just want to do a short tour of say, a week or two. In 1977, I toured from Oregon to Colorado with a group of 9 or 10 from all over the country. Loved it, for the first part. Towards the end, just wanted to be done with it. After that, I never jumped on a bike until around 2000. I need to start planning a cycling retreat time with my girlfriends. It will probably only be a few days this summer and we probably won't drive very far to get there. Darn those gas prices.

Sandra, LOL, so you got the s'more fixins too? I did have a few graham crackers tonite. I actually had a bit of discipline and didn't open any Hershey's candy bars or marshmallows. Probably because I had 2 yummy, warm, fresh from the oven peanut butter cookies at work. Your toddler will love the s'mores. Bet she gets marshmallow on her little face. Sounds like you are loving the designing and teaching of step workouts.

Trish, I like my DH's feet too, much better than mine. All of the women in our family have the same short, stubby toes. Everything about us is that way. In fact, at 5'2", I am the tallest of 4 girls and my Mom. Where is your NASCAR race? Is it in the US? Who is your favorite driver? I'm with you on liking hand gestures for step, along with cues. Helps a lot.

Okay, got to go now,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.