*** Watercoolers - Good News Tuesday ***

MommaPew

Cathlete
Just starting us off. I'm expecting my boss any minute now. He drove up last night and stayed in a hotel. He is here for my yearly performance / career development discussion and to give out yearly raises so expect to have some good news later on. Just really expecting cost of living at this point in my career. The days of having big increases are pretty much done for me (understandably) - oops gotta go.

Morning,
Today was 4DS - LIS (except for calf work). Tonite is ladies night at the golf course. Looking forward to that.

Patricia, hope you get a BIG raise!!! Did you meet him at the door with hot coffee and a donut?

Debra, you better tell your DD she can sleep in this morning as it's not Wednesday if that's her first day of school! :p You silly goose!

just ignore me!

Apparently I have no idea what day it is...although it really is the diva's first full day at school. :p I think the excitement just overwhelmed me!! LOL! :rolleyes: I will be back after studying to catch up a bit....

Hope everyone has a great day!!:):):)

Morning Coolers,

Today was 4DS Shoulders/Calves and Abs. Will do a 7m run when I get home, since it is such a beautiful day. Also have a hair appointment later tonight.

Oldest DD is off to Six Flaggs today, hope she has a good time. I'm not a big fan of those rides.

Patricia, Hope your boss gives you a good raise. Yep we are just cost of living too. :( LOL about the bed being a mountain. I'm tall enough that our bed isn't a mountain, just a small hill. :) Hard labor or muscles that really don't get touched no matter how much we work out has happened to me too. :eek: Or it is the repetative motion that you did for the whole day.

Jeanette, Have a great time with you golf game tonight. Oh that cornbread sounds really good. Is there suppose to be a tutorial for the workouts? I guess I better start reading more of the STS information. :eek: May have to spend most of my first Saturday off reading on the threads. Well it appears as if my company blocks those sights. :mad: Oh well.

Debra, LOL about the excitment. ;) Have to love it when they are off to school. ;) YESSSSS it is our last weekend of faire. DH promised me that he wouldn't do anything reguarding the faire for a whole month! :D I will wait to see the it indeed does happen. ;)

Wendy, Oh a 1-1/2 hour foot massage sounds like heaven right now. My feet are not as sore today, but it still would feel good. :) Study and lectures probably made a good combination for a headache. :( Well now you can make sure that you have all the terminology down pat by Monday!

Kim, Oh I hope the second setting has worked. He really is going to be immobile for a while isn't he. I'm with Debra, I would help you rip that carpeting up. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello Ladies,

Today is Plyometrics (halfsies) and a Daily Dose of Bliss with Eoin.

Okay sacrum congetion. What is it? Well, it's like little bubble wrap on my hip bones and sacrum. It's fluid filled sacs collecting there because lower down or higher up (in my case both) the flow of fluids is restricted. For me, it's due to tight leg muscles and gluteal knots. Knots are like dried up tissue. When someone is working to release the knot, what they're really doing is applying friction to achieve a theraputic level of inflammation which sends a message to the brain to invade the dry tissue with fluids. Clear as mud?;) I really think that it occured from poor body mechanics when I was first learning how to massage. I wasn't tucking my hips or scooping out a bowl as Shiva would say. LOL

Patricia...
Sending you big raise vibes!!!! I hope they notice all your hard work and devotion to the company!!!

Jeanette...
I feel bad for whatever the Chaplin may have done. What a blow of trust. I think my hands are getting stronger. They're sore... mini-doms. ;) I'm hoping SNM gets that tutorial up when they update the server in a couple of weeks. I don't have time or paitence to figure out all those exercises. Glad to hear the stretches are working!!! I should start stretching before I give massages and before bed. Have fun golfing with the ladies tonight!!!

Debra...
You silly goose!!! Hope the Diva is having a great, real first day of school!!!! Now, get out your calendar and hang it on your bathroom mirror. :D

Wendy

Oh Laurie!!! I am so sorry I forgot you!!! I'm with you about amusement park rides!!! Eldest dd wants to go to Dorney Park, but I won't let her. I know. I'm a bad mother. Then again, she's only 10! If I ran 7 miles, my feet would be sore too!!!!:D Have a great time getting pampered tonight at the salon!

Wendy

Big Smiles Here

:):):):)
Well, I was pleasantly surprised today. I got a nice raise, more than the 3-5% I was expecting. I think they might have included combat pay due to my recent dealings with a particular subtrade that we're having difficuly with:D:D

We should know DH's raise in the next week or so too. As a company we get yearly raises Sept. 1st, however, with the way pay-day lands they have until Sept. 12th before they have to tell everyone one. It can be a time consuming job and its always nice when you're told sooner rather than later....

Jeanette - too funny. He almost caught me posting here - that's why I had to cut it so short:) Our project is having a Men's night at the golf course next month and my boss has already said we will have to do something for us ladies. I'm going to push for the spa. Too bad you're not in construction, you would be able to play golf for free lots of time what with all the tournaments we pay to send people on.

Laurie - what a relief the fairre is over I'm sure. I'm glad BB is done and over with too b/c my arm is needing a break. What are you going to do with yourself now? Start a honeydew list?:D Hope you enjoy your hair appt. Just a cut?

Wendy - huh? And I bet you thought Massaging would be better for you all round. I wonder if MT make for the most frequent clients?

Deb - did you figure out what day it is yet? So correct me if I'm wrong here? Doesn't the US also have labour day weekend this weekend? So you go back to school for a week and already a long weekend? Actually that might make for an easy transition back to school. What grade is the Diva starting?

Okay, off to pick up DS. He had a school trip today so pretty exciting for him and I'm anxious to see how it went.

BBL

Did Slim Series - Firm it Up. It's a lower body w/o. Now watching Shear Genius before going to bed.

Hope everyone had a good day and night.

Good Evening Ladies,

I got Plyo and Bliss finished well before I had to leave for the massage. I got my heart rate up to 182 with an average of 152 during plyo. I've gotta work on regaining my strength and endurance.

The massage went well. He had very strong hands. However, he still has a lot to learn. I still prefer Patti. Even so, I rebooked with him for the week I practice massaging instead of getting one. Anyhow, dh worked my glutes and legs some more tonight. Yeah, I'm spoiled.:p

I haven't decided what workout to do tomorrow. I need to make an appointment with PT for the afternoon. They should be able to fit me in before class. Maybe, I'll do another lower body premix since I'll be working my upperbody for two hours during PT.

Patricia...
Congrats on the raise. I don't know how many massage therapists get massages. But, far more non MTs get them than MTs. Also, alot of MTs trade off with someone they like once a month.

Hope everyone had a great day. Chat more in the morning.

Sweet Dreams,
Wendy

Hi ladies,
Wow, I just updated Mozilla and it looks so much different. Not even sure what font this is. Must change it to something bigger. Had a very fun time tonite golfing with 2 girlfriends. We also had drinks along the way (Mike's Hard Lemonade), so made it even more fun:p. I was pleased with my play and fit right in with the other 2 ladies.

Wendy, wow, I have a hard time getting my heart rate even up to 170. Everyone is different for sure. That plyo will definitely get the old ticker up there. So far, the plan is that the Chaplain will resume programming so all is well...so far. Interesting about the sacrum congestion. So it sounds like an injury. Interesting, I was talking to my golf girlfriends and they were complaining about their hips and lower back being stiff. Same complaint from other friends around my age. Think we need to keep stretching and moving and stretching.l

Patricia, YEEHAW on the raise!!! You're right, Labor Day is this weekend. DH and I are taking off Friday and will get 4 days of camping in. It's feeling like Fall is on it's way. Little cooler each morning. What was your DS's school trip about? Did he enjoy it?

Laurie, you and I did the same workout today (sans the run and the calves for me). Yep, there's supposed to be a tutorial for the STS exercises. I get the feeling from reading that a lot of people are waiting for that to come along. I'm not alone in not recognizing the names of a lot of the exercises. How'd the hair appointment go?

Debra, how was Julia's first day of school? Bet she loved it!

Must look and see what's on tap for tomorrow's workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.