*** Tuesday Watercoolers - Calm & Collected ***

MommaPew

Cathlete
Morning Everyone:

Just starting us off. At work freakin freezing. A light dusting of snow this a.m. My DS got crocs this weekend so wants to wear them to pre-school w/o socks of course. Opened the garage door and whoohoo bitterly cold. Rushed DS into the car so his tiny little feet wouldn't freeze. And to top it off I'm not dressed properly and my gas tank light came on so standing there in the freakin cold all for the pleasure of paying $50 for a tank of gas;( ;(

Did I mention it's FREAKIN COLD?}( }(

Ohmmmmm, Ohmmmmmm okay calmed down now.

Hope everyones Tuesday starts out warmer than mine.

Wendy & Debra - trust me when you get here in June you'll be able to wear shorts!

Good morning,
We got back from camping around 2 something yesterday afternoon. We had a good time despite the rain and drizzly weather for a lot of it. Camp trailer and generator sure comes in handy for those situations. Plus I can use my electric coffee maker too LOL! Had lots of family members come out and stay. DS enjoyed his cheesecake on Sunday night. Mom and Dad came out and they rode in the Rhino and had a good time. The organized bike ride on Saturday never happened for me as I woke up at 4 a.m. and it was raining pretty good. Not my idea of a good time to be riding in the rain. No other exercises besides eating and making coffee for me during the whole 4 days. Had a great time and can't wait for the next camping trip.

Today was Bootcamp, doing the premix with cardio, lower body, upperbody. Then the core only premix at the end. I will be doing a month of circuit workouts I believe. Have to build up my endurance again. Tonite is a bike ride with friends, then maybe mow the lawns when I get back. Weather is still dreary and will be until around Thursday I think.

Read everyone's posts, but won't be able to catch up.

Patricia, how rude about the snow. 2 Memorial Day weekends ago we were camping and it snowed during the night. Like 6". We ended up abandoning the trailer and retrieving it a couple days later. Dang price of diesel is now $4.99/gallon, or it was yesterday when I drove thru town.

Gotta move, wish I didn't have to go to work today. I could get very used to being retired. I'm sure I'd stay pretty busy.

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Today I have done a 3m run, and will get in a BBC workout or may change to P90X+. Will see how I feel once I get home.

Had a fun time with the family, it was a beautiful weekend as far as weather. Could never figure how it can go from 85 deg down to the 40's. But it is cold out today.

Well ladies, I managed to make a deer kill this weekend. My car will be going to get fixed tomorrow. :D My sister took pics of the damage so will see if I can post them. All I can say is poor deer didn't know what hit her. :( Or should I say stupid deer, because what the heck is it doing trying to cross a freeway!!!!! Cami was with us, and when we got out at the rest area, she had to smell the front of the car. After that she slept the rest of the way to the cabin. :D :D :D

Patricia, I was shocked to walk out of the house this morning also. That is why I opted to run on my TM. Just could take that wind!!!

Jeanette, I'm with you on the retirement!! It was so nice to just do nothing for a couple of days. My DB had the sauna finished, so we had that sauna going every morning and evening. I could only get the dang thing up to 110 deg. :-( Told my dad that he needed to get some more wood in there. My sister and BIL where getting ready to go in, and they got the temp up to 120. :7 :7 :7 I'm so evil. }( My BIL has turned into a Finlander, because he was the one pouring on the water for steam. :7 :7 Sounds like you had a great weekend too.

Will check out the weekend threads,

Laurie

Jeanette - I know what you mean about the crappy weather and staying inside. When we go to Nascar next month we've rented a huge mobile home. Another family is going too and bringing their tent trailer but we figured if the weather ends up being yucky then at least we can pile into our trailer and be comfy. My Mom offered us her stovetop coffee pot but DH said no way. We're bring our coffee maker!! Gee, we do seem to have a lot in common. Well, glad you took it easy this weekend. Nope, I wouldn't be getting out of bed at 4am either - not unless there was a pretty significant prize for doing it.

Laurie - what an expensive weekend for you. Even if insurance covers the repair you're always out of pocket something. Glad that now one was hurt. My DH must also have some Finlandian genes in him as he wants a sauna for the cottage - sitting right at the water's edge so a short walk to jump in the lake I guess. I wanted electric so you don't have to fuss with the wood. I'd also rather have a hot tub (which he wants too:p )

With the auditors here there is lots of munchies around but I've been good and only eating the fruit and staying away from the muffins & donuts. Waiting to see what leftover for lunch today as I didn't bother to bring my own today. (I'm so cheap)

Shuuuush! I had no idea that the thread that I held myself back from turned into such a hoopla! After I read it, I just didn't go back to OD because some of those people drive me crazy....And then today...I went back because of you guys' comments last night and now there is a thread over there from a gal whose husband just confessed cheating on her...WTH would you post that on OD??????? What is wrong with people????? What does she expect anyone here to do about it??????

Okay...enough of my rant...That is why I try to stay away from that part of the boards. I had a fun time with the urchins at the pool today. Everyone had a great time and no one drowned...so the day was a success!!! No workout for me today, though, unless I get a burst of energy later. My head is better today, but still not right...I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I have all kinds of errands to do this week since it is DD's last week of school and her dad is coming next week and she has her recital next week....UGH. I will be glad when the next couple of weeks is over and we can go back to a semi-normal schedule. And I will get to sleep late since it is summer...YIPEE!!!!!

Okay...onto personals.....

Wendy...
Thanks for the swimsuit choices! I saw some folks at the pool yesterday who could have used your fashion advice! I felt much skinnier once I saw all the fat bottoms at the pool. Shuuush...what some folks wear just scares me...lol. And then there are the 16 year old girls who are shaped like women...I even heard some boy yesterday say to one of his friends, "She's so f***ing hot!!" He couldn't have been more than 15. Ugh. I am proud of your restraint on the inflammatory threads...I just wonder sometimes why people feel like they need to say all of that on OD in a fitness website...whatever. The fundamentalist's daughters do NOT dress anything like that...in fact they all wear pretty skimpy bathing suits...Oh...and remind me when I see you in Toronto about what the mom said to me about their homeschooling. And even if you get me one of those bathing suits, my lovely calves will still show...LOL!

Sandra...
I keep thinking this headache is going to take me down too, but so far I am still alive...if barely. That's really cool that you will teach class with someone for a while before they just throw you out there on your own. I guess they want to make sure you don't stumble over your own feet first! I agree with you on the bathing suits..I really don't like my butt to hang out. I always wear skirted suits or boy short styles so that I have full buttock coverage.

Tracy...
So happy to see you pop by! Hope you and your family had a great holiday weekend. Are you guys doing a big vacation this summer??

Patricia....
There are crazy people over on OD and I truly try to stay away from the weirdness...Read my post to Wendy about today's threads. I just wonder why anyone thinks it is a good idea to put your whole life out on an OD board in a fitness website...WTH?? Anyhoo...to each his own...I am such live and let live person, it doesn't occur to me to be prejudiced against anyone for any reason...even if I don't agree with your opinion, I will fight to the death for your right to have an opinion...I just don't feel like everything is appropriate for all websites...and the OP on the first thread that I read was just about how much she liked the season finale of Grey's Anatomy...and it took an ugly turn from there...I felt bad for the OP since she was just saying she liked the show. Sorry about the cold up there...It was 90 here today! But tomorrow it is only supposed to be 63...WTH? But it should be nice again in a couple of days.

Jeanette...
Sounds like a perfect weekend...even without the bike ride! Sorry it was rainy, though. How wonderful that your parents were able to join you guys for some fun. It must be good for them to get out. Have fun with your ride tonight. Why do you think you need to increase your endurance...Didn't you just do a triathlon?? How much endurance do you need?? LOL!

Laurie...
Sorry to hear about your accident this weekend. I am glad that everyone is okay...except for the deer, of course! That would have really shaken me...I ran over a squirrel the other day and it bothered me for a long time...and it was just a squirrel!

Okay...that does it for me now...I have a few emails to write and then I am taking it easy for a while to recover from the urchins. Hope everyone has a great night!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

What a day! Tuesdays as Mondays are so much harder for me to get back into the groove of things.

Anyhoo... I'm feeling up for a circuit rotation too. I need to melt some of the flab off my body!!! I think I'll do CW tonight!!!

Patricia: Snow at the end of May!?!?! UGH!!! Knowing my luck -- not that I believe in luck :)-- it'll be freezing when I get there too. Too bad Laurie isn't going to be there for me to warm up my cold hands on her [font color = red]HOT [/font]body. :7 Oh No you didn't!!! You allowed your toddler to wear Crocs?!?!?!? They're like jelly shoes for the masses. When my sister wore hers last summer, I pretended I didn't know her. }( Well, at least they have some cute buttons for the kiddos to pop into the holes. But, I don't recommend stuffing all the holes. From what I recall about plastic/rubber shoes, I think you'd need some ventilation.

Jeanette: I'd question your self proclaimed, albeit misguided, assertion of being the Laziest Xer had you gone riding in stormy weather. Hey, I wouldn't mind camping if I had access to a generator too. In fact, throw in an indoor fireplace and I'm there!:+ Did you see I invited myself to join you on a month long circuit rotation? Thought you'd like the company.:)

Laurie: Did you see that Tracy and Sandra may join forces for an X+ rotation? Depending on finances, I may go ahead and order it when I get back from the Eoin workshop. OH! I just read about the deer!!! How awful! Remember Phil's encounter with the buck. He still claims that the buck hit him as he slowed down to 10 mph!!! The body shop had to replace the entire driver's side of the car plus the hood!!! An acquaintance found the suicidal deer dead on his property. He took a picture of it, but we haven't seen it yet. I think our insurance covered the entire amount. I'll have to ask Phil about it.

Sandra: I never got around to telling you how sorry and saddened I was to read about your father's twin brother. How heartbreaking!!!! Were they identical twins? Oh, I'm just like you about wearing skimpy bathing suits. I used to wear skimpy suits when I was in my 20's. My friend even claims that I once said, "If you've got it, flaunt it." I seriously doubt I ever said that!!!! Who knows. I don't remember. Despite this, I bought an Athletica bikini for this summer!!! I needed a new bathing suit after I accidentally exposed my left breast to the lifeguard while boogie boarding two summers ago.:eek: I almost sent the bathing suit back once I tried them on my flabby rear. I thought the bottoms were full cut. They're not. Anyhow, I found the cutest pair of Patagonia board shorts on clearance at that Ladies Night Out which match my new bathing suit like a dream. :)

Debra: Stop it! re: What does she expect anyone here to do about it?????? You almost made me choke on a pita chip!!!:7 I feel so bad for her. Who knows if she's suffering from PPD on top of the drama. I'd like to think that I'd kick Phil to the curb if he ever cheated on me. But, I know my temper too well. He'd better sleep with one eye open and hide all the knives!!! He wouldn't want to go there and come out of it being called Phylis!!! :eek: }( ;) Goodness, I hope your doctor can figure out what's causing all your headaches before you have to deal with the ex again. Are you experiencing any other symptoms? Are you still easily fatigued and tired all of the time? So, CBL's got some big mamas over at the pool? Sure must make you feel better about him hanging there! Wait till you see the people at the Jersey Shore. I truly think the younger generation doesn't care about cellulite or stretch marks or diet!!! Back in the day, the teenagers were more aware of how they looked. Then again, I grew up in Florida where the winters don't last very long.

Okay Ladies, off to figure out what's for dinner.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Wendy...
Not to pick up where the OD thread left off, but a lot of the gals at CBL's pool are gay...LOL! He seemed kind of proud of himself because he had a couple last year say that if they were going to switch teams it would be for him....HA! Of course, the few gals I met would tear him up since they had to outweigh him by at least 50 pounds. And now I feel like I should be calling you Janet (or Miss Jackson) because of your wardrobe malfunction! As far as the gal with the cheating husband..I feel bad for her too, but I just don't think she can possibly get the support she needs from OD...now if she had a checkin group (ie friends) it would be different. I wouldn't have thought anything about the post if I had been lurking on someone else's check in...YKWIM? And lately, no real fatigue...at least not for a good reason...lol...just the darn headaches...well, continual headache. I told one of the mom's at the pool adventure today about our trip to see Eoin and she was really jealous! She actually didn't know who Eoin was but she is an avid yogi at some classes here in town. Of course, she goes at 5:45 am which just ain't happening in MY world, but more power to her! Anyhoo, I sent her the info on his website. Don't worry, she won't be joining us...she is going to be in Costa Rica at the time. Poor baby. I hate Tuesdays as Mondays, too, since I feel behind all week long!

Okay...done rambling for now...I guess I should feed my child. I had a dream last night that instead of spraying sunscreen on her, we put on hairspray instead and she got really burned. Can someone please turn off my brain??

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Here's a link to the race picture I did in April. www.tpssportsphotos.bc.ca Click on Winnipeg Police Half Marathon and enter the bib number 2101. There are 5 pictures most of them are of my partner (it was a two man relay) She has the dark hair and blue jacket, I'm in the far left of the first picture, red jacket, blonde hair. ;) Kim

Kim - saw the pictures. It looked a tad bit cold though for you. Does the relay you each only run part of the race, or did you run together?

I did Burn it Up again and may take tomorrow off as I'm donating blood. Will decide tomorrow night. I traded for Rhythmic Step and got it in the mail today so anxious to try it out (just the VHS version).

My eyes are really dry and I'm having trouble seeing so off to put some drops in and get ready for bed. DH is away on business until tomorrow so get the bed ALL to my self (well, except for Abbey the cat).

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Kim - saw the pictures. It looked a tad bit cold though for you. Does the relay you each only run part of the race, or did you run together?

I did Burn it Up again and may take tomorrow off as I'm donating blood. Will decide tomorrow night. I traded for Rhythmic Step and got it in the mail today so anxious to try it out (just the VHS version).

My eyes are really dry and I'm having trouble seeing so off to put some drops in and get ready for bed. DH is away on business until tomorrow so get the bed ALL to my self (well, except for Abbey the cat).

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Good evening everyone,

Jeanette - great to see you back! You were missed!!

Wendy - glad you got home all right today!

Laurie - :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: on the deer. Did you do like Patricia's people and bring it home for dinner?

Patricia - Ummmmm, a whole bed to yourself. I'm jealous :)

Debra - STILL with the headache??? You poor dear!

Kim - Loved the photos! Thanks!!

Tracy - I started my first recovery week today, so will be starting Phase 2 of the P90X+ Classic rotation next Tuesday. I need Mondays to be my rest day because that's when I do the step workout at the Y.

I'll have to do a proper catch up tomorrow, as today didn't pan out. I started my "recovery week" today....with Back&Biceps and ARX! It's a significant change, for sure, but recovery?? We'll see. Tomorrow's CoreSyn. Hellooooo Dreya!

Have a great night,
Sandra

Hi gals,
I had a nice long post written and the power went out. I kid you not. The internet just came back up. It's too late to recreate. I'll catch up tomorrow.

Wendy, I would love to have you do a circuit rotation along with me, if you've a mind to. Tomorrow will be some kind of interval step workout as today was the circuit workout.

Must hit the hay. Had a wet bike ride this afternoon. Yuk, miserable, but a good workout with the shoes filled with water and heavy.

See y'all in the morning.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.