*** Thursday Kettlebellin' ***

Gayle

Cathlete
Hey gang!

Jane's "Crazy Eights" and "Sinister Sixes" have given be a hankerin' for "Lucky Sevens":

7 Rounds, 1 kettlebell
Kettlebell swings 7r/7l
Burpees 7
Kettlebell snatches 7r/7l
Mountain climbers 7r/7l
Kettlebell cleans 7r/7l
1 kettlebell racked thruster 7r/7l
Walkouts 7

I didn't get home until 7:00 last night, so didn't have time to get a workout in, but today will be different. :)

Later taters!

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing a circuit workout tonight.

GymBoss Intervals: 30/25, 30/20, 25/15, 20/10

1 minute rest between rounds

Jumping Pull ups
Kettlebell Squats
Mountain Climbers
Kettlebell Swings
Jump Rope
Alternating Suitcase Kettlebell Deadlifts
Med Ball Sit up and Toss
Walking Lunges

Gayle ~ Have fun with "Lucky Sevens" tonight. I'll have to spring this on the crew on Monday. My one sister hates to workout but she is so stoked that she did the "Sinister Sixes" all the way through without modifications! Usually she will change something around or stop 3/4 of the way through. I'm so proud of her.

Melissa ~ YAY!!! for the baggy jeans!!! Your abs look fab, darling! WTG!! I gave up sugar a while ago and immediately noticed a difference. Now I'm working on my complex carbs. I think I eat a little too much so I'm cutting down on that.

Deanie ~ What workout is on tap for today. Hope you're having a good day!

Rhonda ~ If you are out there, I'm thinking about you and sending {{{HUGS}}}!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Good Afternoon!

I slept in today, could NOT get out of bed!!! and I thought I blew it for my workout today.;) But I re-arranged some things and I was able to workout at 12:30 today:) I totally ROCKED the workout today:):):):) I think maybe making the appt. with the RKC made me really concentrate on my form! Also, I usually put my left leg in the loop on the pullup bar for pullups, and since Saturday, I have been alternating which knee. I think that may be helping my left side!! Who knew???:) Hope that made sense!!?? Also, I am having a love/hate thing going on with the afternoon workouts. Ideally, 10 am would be best, but I am working! LOL

anyway, check out the workout below\/ in my signature!

Gayle::: I like the lucky sevens! Hope work isn't too busy for you! Have a fun workout tonight!

Melissa::: Yea!!! loose jeans :):):):) Your abs look mar-vel-ous!!;):)

Jane::: I like that you and your sisters workout together! But I also like Mr. Spectaculars!!

Have a great day gals!!!

Hey ya'll! How's it going? We are TIRED!!! Today was a busy day, and I only have about 15 minutes before I have to head to the kitchen to make dinner but I am excited to make dinner tonight! I was driving home from Field Day this morning and one of my friends pointed out to me a farmer's stand set up in his front yard so we stopped - and he had AMAZING looking vegetables. His romaine lettuce was HUGE and his cauliflower, radishes, green onions were beautiful. He charged no more than $1 for everything he had - I could not believe it! I got an entire bag full of spinach, beautiful spinach, for only $1, cauliflower and romaine and I am driving back in a couple of days because he had a bunch of other stuff in his garden that was about ready to be harvested. I tell you what, seeing vegetables straight from the ground makes the grocery store produce look sad and neglected. So tonight we are having salads with grilled chicken and chopped veggies and everyone is excited because it came from our neighbor. :D In the summer he will have kolrabi (anyone heard of it?) and lots of tomatoes and cucumbers... I really can't wait! Do you guys have any local farmers that you go to? Gayle, I know you get your milk locally, how did you find your farmer? There are a lot of coops around here but I don't know how to find someone to buy from directly.

Deanie, way to rock it! :cool: I have to say that I think it's working out in the afternoon that's the trick. Whenever I really focus on form it makes it harder for me for some reason. Afternoon workouts are da' bomb.
I totally get what you are saying about the loop - your LHS is used to getting help, right? ;)
I like working out in the morning because I feel like it gets me going and wakes me up. I am happy after I workout and so I prefer to start my day that way BUT I also love working out in the afternoon because I NAIL everything. During the program minimum (I AM ACTUALLY LOVING THE SWINGS AND TGUs!!! Does that make me nuts???) I will be doing a short am workout just to get them juices flowing and a strength based pm workout, again a short one, so that I feel strong. :eek::p

Gayle, Lucky Sevens looks like a serious cardio killer!!! Good thing you have the Walkouts for a break :p psshhhht! Like they're a break! Have fun with it. :)
I do still have the flourless bread but I don't eat Ezekial's anymore because I don't think their quality is what it was. The bread is more airy or something - not softer, but the last few times I had bought it there were a lot of holes and it was crumbling on me. I get Trader Joe's brand now, I think it's the seven grain sprouted bread but I can't remember. I just know it's a purple wrapper! :p

Jane, it's amazing: when you eliminate one thing it has a trickle down effect and you start noticing other things that you may need to change. Do you feel like you have more energy when you don't have sugar? I absolutely do. No afternoon naps when I am sugar and simple carb free, it is so cool. It's nice to save that stuff for special occasions, and you can actually recover quickly from it when you eat well on a consistent basis. :)
I think that I did the workout that you have planned last summer, or at least something like it, from NJCF. My favorite Crossfit, which is now a pay-only site. :( But that's okay because it's easy enough to make up a crossfitesque workout.

Rhonda, how you doing chiquita?

OH MY GOSH, CAN I TALK OR WHAT???!!!??? :eek::eek::eek:

Gotta run. Dinner is waiting to be destroyed by 4 hungry people. :D

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.