*** THuRSDaY KeTTLeBeLLeRS ***

Good morning!

Deanie - Nice workout yesterday! :cool: Pressing the 20kg would be freakin' AMAZING!!! Actually, pressing the 16kg is already AMAZING! :D Just curious, but have you tried the barbell press at all since starting ETK? You were getting up there with it during PTP, and I'd bet the strength transfer be significant.

For a brief stint a few years ago (when I was rehabbing my knee), I was an early morning exerciser and I really struggled on the strength stuff at that time of day. Cardio was fine, but it was hard to make strength progress.

Melissa - I need to watch your pull up video. :) I'm glad your LHS is cooperating...mine is not. :mad:

Jane - I would love a lemon tree. Have a good rest today. :)

Hi Marcy and Rhonda!

I did more swings and jump rope last night. This combo *should* be getting boring, but I'm still REALLY enjoying it! I was able to string about a dozen or so high knee jump ropes together, but they were NOT as graceful as Melissa's...mine were more...spastic. :p Those are gassers though! As bad as double unders are.

Buy in: All 12kg
10x halos
3 Rounds
* Alt C&P 3r/3l - I was struggling on the left side, so scrapped the presses on the 2nd round.
* 3x Modified chin ups
* 3x Push ups

ETK: Swings for 15 minutes
* Alternate 15 swings and 50 jump rope
* 11 rounds each

Cash out: Messin' with barbell snatches and OHS
* Dowel warm up
* (1) 1x Full snatch into 5x OHS @ 33lbs
* (2) 1x Full snatch into 5x OHS @ 53lbs - This is the most weight I've snatched and although I was able to catch it in the squat okay, it was definitely not great form-wise. I need to make myself a pair of plywood training plates so I can work these at 40-45lbs at the right height.

Have a good day!!

ETA - Deanie - I'm also very bummed that the old 603's programming is offline. :(

Last edited:
I did more swings and jump rope last night. This combo *should* be getting boring, but I'm still REALLY enjoying it!
I KNOW, RIGHT!!! On paper you think "UGH! That's IT!??? And I have to do it HOW MANY TIMES!!???!!" But when you do it IT'S AWESOME!!! I have never done a workout like this before. I am so diggin' it!

So, do you like jump roping with knee ups? I do... in my own perverted sort of way. Just like burpees. :D But what the heck is up with our LHSs??? Thankfully it does get better, but I feel so uncoordinated and weak after I nail RHS. Maybe we should always start with LHS so that we are feeling good about RHS instead bad about LHS :p

Deanie, You so rock! Do you have just an inkling of what you would like to do when you are done? I am with Gayle: cardio in the am is good, strength in the pm rocks harder. But I prefer to get my workouts done in the morning so that it's done, out of the way without interruptions and have my metabolism boosted for the day. :)
I would never be able to tell if you were a bad speller! Are you really good in Math? I love writing, history, science and critical thinking. I could do without formulas and how to find the surface area of a cylinder because I DON'T CARE! It says on the package how big it is so I'll know whether or not it will fit in the candle holder, so why do I have to figure it out? :eek::p

Jane, A CLIMBING TREE IS WAY BETTER THAN A YUMMY APPLE TREE!!! That is the one thing I regret about living in a new development: small trees, none are climbers. :( When we go hiking, I try to stay on the trails that are not as popular so the kids can climb grape vines and real climbers. :)

Rhonda, I am so sorry. :( I really hope that things start looking up for you - AND SOON!

Marcy, are you still with us?

Here's what's up: http://fitmiss.tv/index.php/workinit/3-record/53-5222010
Today is great so far. We are just about done with school and then we will head to the park. I hope that everyone has an awesome day, and I'll chat with you later! :)

Melissa

Hey everyone. No workout yesterday. I think that I am just going to start walking because I am having such a hard time getting into a routine and I don't feel my stamina is up to par.

Thanks for the hugs. The hardest part for me is being real with myself. I have a tendency and minimize things and not really embrace how I am feeling.

Keep up the good workouts!

I'm checking in even though no workout for me. We are going out to dinner since my BIL is in town to run the 10K as well.

Melissa ~ My aunt had a great climbing tree in her front yard but she would freak out when I starting climbing it (this was about 5 years ago). She has since passed on so I can't climb it because we don't own the house anymore. :( There is a massive Live Oak (See photo below. Hey I got it to work!) where I live. It's over 300 years old and I just itch to climb it every time I go by it. Unfortunately climbing is not allowed.

BTW...loved your pull up video. I'm going to work on my pull ups.

Gayle ~ I need to try that swing/jump rope workout. Sounds like it's right up my alley.

Rhonda ~ I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Deanie!

Hope everyone has a great day!

moz-screenshot-3.png

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

Attachments

• big-oak_small-web-view.jpg
    big-oak_small-web-view.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 5
Jane - That tree is incredible!!! It just begs to be climbed. :) It's cool that BIL is also running your race.

Melissa - I DID like doing the knee high jumps, but it was hard to get them started...definitely something to keep working at.

Rhonda - Sending you more hugs and prayers. I know what you mean about it being hard to embrace what your feeling, it's draining all the way around...hang in there. Get your sleep and eat well, the stamina to get back into a workout routine will show up when your ready. (((HUGS)))

Last edited:
Good Afternoon!

Before I get started "chatting" here is my workout for the day: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Today was take your child to work day, and since the boys couldn't go with DH, they went with me (anything to get out of school! LOL:p) I think they had a nice time. We were outside most of the day and the 12-2 enrichment was fun. then we ran errands, and I had to keep reminding them - "fun in the sun today! your friends parents have office jobs! no complaining about errands!;)" ...... It was fun to have them with me, although they come anyway when I have school and they don't.

We have baseball tonight DS13 is playing:)

Gayle::: I like your swings/jumprope routine too! I will be trying it next week. Not sure about the high knees though, I may fall flat on my face!!:eek: Funny, I was thinking about the barbell press yesterday. I haven't tried it since ETK, but I will! If I end up doing resolution, there is a barbell press in there. I definitely agree with you about the early morning exercise. Right now, with my job and the kids, its the only time I really can exercise and be consistent. Like today, I thought about working out in the afternoon, but its a good thing I didn't - I had to go talk to the principal at the elementary school after work!!(long story, crazy sub, principal totally supported my DS10 - but the incident should never have happened) I'm really hoping nothing pops up tomorrow - I plan on doing my workout at noon again. Great job on the snatches into OHS's!!!

Melissa::: I really liked your pull up video! And even though the pullups are too easy with the band, I can't do them without!:eek: I am now doing a pullup (I can do 3/4ths of one) every time I pass the bar. Unfortunately for me, the bar is in my basement and I don't go down there too often. I am not good in math!! I am good in and like English, history and psychology (my major was psych.) I do feel better that you and Gayle have some LHS issues too! Nice company to be in the same boat with!;)... see yesterdays post for my ramblings about what I may do next. At this point I'm leaning toward Resolution 3X and SIM 1X with something else thrown in.... Although doing the pm for a while could be fun too....What are you thinking of doing?

Jane::: LOVE THE TREE!!! I think you need to sneak out at night and climb that baby!! Enjoy your dinner tonight!!

Rhonda::: I so hear you about minimizing things. I'm good at ignoring things and hoping they will go away! Own your feelings, go for walks, and CHECK IN with us!!:):) (((HUGS)))

Marcy:::
Are you still with us? Miss you chicka!!!

Have a great day everyone!

The picture doesn't show it but at one time the branches stretched out across the street and they had these tall towers that the branches rested on. At some point, lightening took out those longer branches. They have cables holding up some of the branches. The tree is located downtown and it is near the end of the 10K race that I'm doing on Saturday. They have a whole party thing set up in the park after the race. You get free hot dogs, ice cream, etc plus they have massages for free.

Deanie ~ Have fun at baseball tonight!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.