***A slippery wet fried-day in the CHEETAH den****

Good morning cheetahs

Jackie...I normally use Airborne when I get a cold but I am trying something new from the Health Food Store: Umcka, so hopefully it will help shorten the duration. Our friend loved the Garmin...:)..WOW, you did a lot of Cleanmax yesterday. The worst for me is bathrooms..hate cleaning there! Hope the weather warms up for your run outside tomorrow.

Christine...the Garmin was my sister's idea and I readily agreed. I think our friend loved it as I had it all charged up and ready to go yesterday. Sounds like you had a nice NYE. Funny as I always worry about the potassium too. I sure feel better when I get the right amount in. I don't watch any College FB but I did se the Penn State/USC score at some point, USC was far ahead. Hope you had a good bike ride.

Cathy...Yes, I do believe my friend did totally flip when we gave her the Garmin. She is very frugal and I thought it might upset her a bit, but she seemed to be quite excited...:D..Glad you had fun skiing.

Shelly...I am feeling that leg workout today!! My friend did love the Garmin. I am so happy we did that for her.

Well it'll be a wet run for me today (5 miles). I feel a bit yukky and did not sleep great last night. I should not work late so hopefully I can get in a nap when I get home. Did not do much yesterday except for watching a few movies.

Have a great day...:)

Morning, cheetahs!

th_give_flowers.gif

Carole—oh, I can just imagine your friend would be over-the-moon about her new running gadget!! Let us know how you like the Umcka. Sounds very foreign! *lol*…Feeling yucky and running in rain? Rock on there, sister! Hope you get a nice, long nap in later. What movies have been keeping you entertained?

Jackie—I’m glad the stuffy factor is lessening…Oh yeah, other than cleaning and working out today, it will be another low-key day for me. What's next on the race calendar for you and RP?

Shelly—Glad your night at work wasn’t too frenetic…Yeah, a night of skiing and a 3 am bedtime will knock ya out like that! I was quite happy the internal clock wasn’t working for a change…Not positive, but I think the check-in may have started in April ’06. I remember coming on board in May, and then we started going by the CHEETAHS shortly after.

Not sure what today's w/out will be...whatever-I-feel-like mode continues. :)

Have a great one!

Cathy...yeah I know, never too smart to exercise when you are feeling yukky, but I do anyways!...We started watching this goofy one called "They Live" from 1988. Had us in stitches the way they made the aliens look. Then I looked through my collection of movies on VHS that I have recorded over the years and watched "A Devil's Own" , then lastly back to a movie channel for "Perfect Stranger". The Umcka sounded foreign to me too but the lady I know in there said she has used it for years and it has always cut the duration of her colds. Enjoy whatever your workout may be today...:)

Carole—oh, that wasn't my thought at all. I have nothin' but total admiration for ya!...Can't say I've heard of the alien one. I was watching part of Footloose the other night and havin' fun cheesin' on the 80s. Those were the days... :D Good to know about the Umcka. Is it a tablet, like Airborne?

Cathy...you are too sweet, I was not thinking for a sec that you thought I was nuts for running being sick, that was just my interpretation of myself!! I loved Footloose! Yep those were the days, big hair and all that!! Umcka is a tablet but it is chewable. Which if you remember was what I thought Airborne was at first...chewable...
giggle2.gif

Good Morning Cheetah Ladies!

Posh – I mainly visit just the Cheetahs, too. ITA that the OD is scary!! It’s changed so much. It used to be a good forum. Oh well. I do remember us getting the name “Cheetahs” because of you and Jess. That was funny. :D

Cathy – Glad you had a good time skiing! I slept until after 10, too! I was amazed, but felt rested. I hate feeling exhausted. I’m back on normal time today. I did step on the scale yesterday and EEEEEEEK! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I do have my work cut out for me. I was spot on yesterday. I even managed to skip the appetizers that DH put out for DS and GF. Yes, craving fruit is a good sign!

Shelly – I did manage a decent ride yesterday, thanks! I made sure I got enough potassium yesterday, and that seems to have done the trick! Yes, the first HM I tried for was the one in Napa with AmyG and Elaine. I chickened out and ended up doing the 10k. :eek: That’s when the light bulb went off and I realized I could walk if I had to, so I may as well go for 13.1. Immediately after that, I signed DH and myself up for the Rock ‘N Roll Half in San Jose.

Jackie – Nah, Penn State did not win, but they put in a good showing (after being run over in the 2nd quarter). Dinner was nice, thank you! Great job in getting so much accomplished! That always feels so good, doesn’t it? :)

Carole – oh, I can imagine that your friend loved the Garmin! :D That was so sweet! Especially having it all charged up and ready to go. I LOVE new toys! ITA about potassium. If I don’t get enough, I don’t feel as well. Yeah, USC was far ahead, but Penn State staged a valiant come back. Oh well – ya win some, ya lose some. Enjoy your tun! I hope you’re feeling better! Chewable Airborne?! Oh my!! BTW – Cute title for the thread!

Well, today is grocery day! Oh joy! :rolleyes: I’m going to get in some upper body work, and probably another ride (indoors again – it’s raining). I was good yesterday, and will be so again today. I’m going to roast up a big pan of winter veggies for dinner. YUM! Have a great day all!

It's so fun to hear about the history of the Cheetah thread. I did wonder how you came up with the name--I think it's perfect!! :D I wondered for a while if Creative Cathy of the Brilliant Thread Titles had done it. But now I know the real story.

Today is my rest day, supposedly before a long run tomorrow. However, I'm fighting off just a bit of a cold, and so I'm not sure the 10 miles will be happening. I'm barely sick, so it won't be a problem at all to so some kind of workout. I'm just not sure if it's the day to try 10 miles. Or, maybe I'll just use Carole as my role model and get out there and do it anyway. JK. :D I've been popping the Airborne (not chewing it!), but maybe I need to try out your Umcka. I also like Wellness: Cold and Flu Formula (sold at Whole Foods stores).

Well, I'm also learning the history behind everyone's Cheetah titles. Now I know that Posh is the coffee and wine snob. And Shelly, I definitely agree that if SJP after 4 miles is a TYPICAL workout for you, then you definitely qualify for the title of Crazy Cheetah. :p

Christine--I agree that OD is scary. I usually post there if I have a question to ask that needs input. But I don't very often chime in on the threads. It seems easy to get flamed.

Jackie--Today was CleanMax for me! We had kind of let the kids go crazy after Christmas--playing with their (messy) new toys and eating their candy. Today I said ENOUGH--and the whole house got in shape. It was nice to be loosey-goosey for a few days, but I'm breathing a sign of relief now that everything is ship-shape.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Carole - Never heard of Umcka. Let me know if it works for you. I hate dusting first and bathrooms second. But, I like to get the bathrooms over and done with. At least I can sit down and do some dusting. Glad your friend loved the Garmin! Have a good 5 mile run! Hope it didn't rain on you. Feel better too. I ended up watching movies last night until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Cathy - RP wants to run another half in March or April. I told him I would let him know how I felt after January. I'm not motivated yet. I think he really wants to do a marathon but I'm not there yet. He hasn't done one in a few years because of a heart condition he has. I think he said he had some blocked arteries and had to give up the marathons. What workout did you end up doing? When are you starting ChaLean?

Christine - The scale wasn't that unkind to you, was it? You just show that old who's in charge. You can do it! Glad you enjoyed the game anyway yesterday. It's nice having the house clean again. Once I do a thorough cleaning, I do the bathrooms every 2 weeks and the whole house once a month. Now, I might not dust but every 2 months. Just don't like Have fun shopping and enjoy your workout. Good luck with the clean eating.

Laura - Enjoy your rest day! Hope that old cold doesn't ruin your run. As long as I can breathe ok, I think I can handle a run. Being stuffy and running is no fun. I'm ready to breathe that sigh of relief too to get the house back in order.

Today's workout was Strength Training with Rob Glick. Really like this workout and wanted to get it in before I started the new CLX Monday.

Have a fantastic Friday ladies!

Quiet day here in the den, eh?

Christine—yes, I went EEEEEK this morning, too, but I’ll tell ya, it’s given me all the motivation I need to straighten up and fly right. I’m back to using the nutrition software and did great today. No wild hunger pangs like I thought I might have initally given how atrocious my eating has been. It’s amazing how full you feel when you eat right. I always have trouble with the potassium part of it, but I made a B today. Yippee!! Here’s a good link for potassium sources, in case it’s helpful to you, too: http://www.pamf.org/patients/pdf/potassium_count.pdf

Carole—Thought of you ‘cuz I picked up some dried apricots today. I like! Gonna have to get some more. How was the run in the rain? Were you able to nap some?

Jackie—love your smileys again. J I see you’re starting Chalean on Monday. I expect to receive it then, so I anticipate being maybe a day or two behind you. Will you be subbing running for the cardio or getting in some runs in addition?

Warm hellos to everyone else!

I did iTread Ski Circuit using the EXT. Fun leg burner. Afterward, made a spinach smoothie based on a recipe someone posted on one of the CLX threads. Rather good, I must say.

Have a great night!!

Hey Cheetahs!

Posting a quick hello to say HAPPY NEW YEAR! :) You ladies help keep me in line. THANK YOU! :)

I will BBL tonight or tomorrow morning for personals. I have some company over right now.

Take care everyone!

Oh, by the way . . .

Yesterday was sloth day on the couch watching movies and today I did LIC. I love that workout except for step combo 2. All those turns around the step throw me.

BBL.

Correction: I rocked an A for potassium! :D Very happy 'bout that.

Hi Gloria!! Great to see you. Enjoy your company. I think that combo gets me tripped up a bit, too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.