*** Coolers in July ***

MommaPew

Cathlete
HAPPY CANADA DAY

Just sitting here relaxing on our holiday. May get motivated to do Disc 17B - legs in a little while. I was suppose to do it last night but took my nephew to play BB for our company team who play in a mens league. I had fun watching and by the time we got home it was too late to w/o - well that and the beer I had after the game:) Call it an early celebration to Canada Day :p

Just DS and me today as DH down at the cottage working. It's suppose to rain both here and there so no sense in us going just to be stuck inside:( It's rained here periodically for the last few days:(

I can't believe how much teenagers eat! DN is 18 but the portions he eats. I had heard about their appetites but didn't realise it was still huge at 18. DH and I have learned now to cook for atleast 5 mouths:rolleyes:

Kim - what are you doing to fill in the rest periods between excercises? I thought maybe having a magazine handy. I'm already finding with M2 that I need a spotter for the bench presses. Guess what DN will be doing this summer:p Have a fun week off.

Laurie - any plans for your holiday weekend?

Morning All,

This morning was 30MTF Shoulders & Arms, and BBC MS Advanced Abs.

Feel that Plyo Leg workout from yesterday in my butt and legs. ;) Guess that was the goal to see those legs get shapely! :eek:

I have off Thur & Fri before the holiday, and will be beading my outfit. I think I should be done in plenty of time. ;)

Patricia, Thanks for starting us off on a new thread. Enjoy your day off. Yes those teen boys are just a eating machine. I think my nephew can go through 4 bowls of cereal in one sitting. :eek: :rolleyes: I think on the 4th we will be going to a cook out with our friends and then on Sunday is dress rehersal. :)

Kim, Oh my youngest would be envious of those Jonas Brother tickets. ;) I will have to put those Cathe Plyo workouts in and see if I'm up to them. ;) I have plyoX on my schedule for next week, have not done that one in a while. Hope I can keep up. :eek: The girls have been babysitting, sunning themselves (when it isn't in the 50's), cleaning the house/dishes, mowing the lawn and the oldest has been going to summer school in the mornings. So far she is getting an A. :D Don't know how you can go from an F to an A. She had a hard time with the student teacher she had for this class(went to fast for her), and even went to her for help after school. Still didn't help at all. Otherwise the girls have been helping out more than in previous years.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie, your dd can have my ticket if she likes;)I have to admit that I"m kind of dreading the whole concert but dd is super excited.

Patricia The computer is in the same room as my workout area so off I use the breaks to enter the workout in the workout manager and I leave the workout page open and can quickly update my weights if I need to on the breaks. I also play on the computer, check emails and stuff. Now on Meso 3 I actually do this less because I'm tired and just often sit and rest on the breaks. It's good to have a spotter for the chest work! DH spotted me a few times with the barbell but I find if I use the dumbbells instead then I feel comfortable without a spotter.

Did 4DS LIS cardio only and the STS abs (plates/weights) this morning, spent a couple of hours weeding the garden now heading to the Canada Day activites and then the baseball game.

Happy Thursday morning all. Can't believe it's July already.

Well, its been a soggy week and doesn't seem to be letting up:mad: I did Disc 17B - legs yesterday and will do Disc 18B - Bi/Back tonight and if I feel like it add some cardio.

Quiet day for Canada Day celebrations. Went for a drive late afternoon and say my used bookstore open so dropped in there. Need to get back in a week or so and stock up for my vacation coming up later this month.

Kim - what, you don't want to see the Jonas Bros? Hahha, I wouldn't even know one of their songs....

Laurie - I'm scared to try Cathe's plyo. Not doing it until I absolutely have to in M3:rolleyes::eek:

Hey, I think I'm the only one working:( Hope you all have a great Fri off.

Last night I did Disc 18B - Back/Bis. Great workout.

Quiet day here. Off to the cottage 1st thing tomorrow. Will spend the night and then drive down to my parents. It's DS's 4th Birthday and we're having a small family party. Still some last minute arrangements to get down on my lunch hour. We ordered a NASCAR birthday cake and I have the matching paper plates and napkins.

Take care,

Happy Birthday to your ds! Are you going to get some sun for the weekend? We're heading out to my mom's cottage after DH gets home from work so I'll be gone for the weekend and then to the concert Sunday evening so you might not see me until Monday :D:D Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Exercise wise I've doubled up workouts yesterday and today so can skip Saturday at the lake and still finish STS up by holiday time.
Yesterday was pylo disc 32 and Ab circuits:pilates and today was Sh/Bi/Tri disc 33 and 4DS boot camp cardio only.

Kim

Morning All,

Whew! Why do 4 day weekends fly by so fast! :D Had a great time, and managed to get my dress ready for dress rehersal. There are a few minor things that need to be adjusted, but the dress rocks! I should have pics posted by Tuesday. Lot of compliments, and lots of people comming up to me telling me that it looked purple! It's not purple, and was approved by all the appropriate people. :p Is what I say to all those people. :D The dress does look purple in the sunshine! :) But when the Queen stood next to me with her "purple" dress, mine turned blue. It was really cool! :)

With all the beading I was doing, I didn't get much done as far as workouts go. On Thursday I managed to get in BBC 5DA Legs & Butt, KM Leg Drills and BBC MS Lower Beg workouts done. Friday was Results 10 Days Upper and BM2 Upper Body Weights.

Kim, So how was the concert? They actually have one song that I don't mind hearing. Can't of course remember the name of it right now though. :D

Patricia, Bet your DS had a great birthday. The age of 4 is so great, because they ask so many questions. :) Or was that just my constant talking DD's? :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie

I would love to see pics of the dress Laurie! I guess that you can't have purple because that's the Queen's colour??

We had the usual time at the cottage, the lawnmower broke, the dock got blown away in a storm and the boat motor is leaking oil:confused::confused: The cottage is always exciting. We did get some waterskiing in.

I'm not sure what to say about the Jonas concert. Think 16,000 screaming girls ages 5-15 alond with a loud rock concert. The brothers are cute and the little girls are cute. I stood in a 45 min line to buy dd a $40 concert shirt. We had to stand the whole concert. She look shellshocked the whole time but said she enjoyed it.

I was so tired after being out late last night and outside most of the weekend that I feel asleep watching the news after supper. I'm now attempting disc 39 (squat rack legs) and typing on the long breaks:D I also did sneak in Imax2 between getting home and the concert yesterday.

How your ds had a great birthday, Patricia!

Morning All,

Todays workout was JM's 30 Day Shred #1 (ramp up to Advanced), Quick Fix Cardio Kicks Upper and Lower (20 Min.) and Ab Ripper 200.

Kim, Oh my on the dock, boat and the lawnmower! :( But getting in the waterskiing must have made up for all of that. ;) I can't even imagine the amount of noise that all those screaming girls could create. :eek: Yep no one else is suppose to wear purple except the Queen. The person I portray was an heir to the throne. In actuallity anyone during that time could wear purple, we just choose that for theatrical purposes. Most Americans don't understand what it is like to have a Monarch. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Of course, we still have a monarch here in Canada. My sister is a huge royal fan and can tell you all the details of the royal family.

Just finished a 30 min tm run and so now officially finished M3W3, only one more week left! Kim

Good Wed morning Coolers

Boy, where has the week gone? Sun was a beautiful sunny day for DS's B.D. party. We all sat outdoors for it. It sure was fun seeing DS open up his gifts. I think he is still on a "high" from it all. He was a little bit sick first thing. Could it be all the roasted marshmellows from Sat. night:rolleyes: He had a mild temp by the afternoon and a little one Mon a.m. so kept him home but seems to be on the mend again. I don't think he has had a bd yet that he hasn't been sick:rolleyes:

Lets see, Sun night I got in Disc 19A - C/S/T and Mon I did Step Works. I also played BB Mon. night, stayed up to 2am reading so was a pretty tired puppy Tues. Went to BB at 9:45pm and the other team didn't show so got home in time to get to bed for a decent night catch-up sleep:p

Kim - I feel your pain on the cottage. We finally got a shower and I thought I would take my 1st shower on Sun - well the water heater for some reason isn't heating the water:confused: so forget a cold shower for me. It's now on the priority list at the beginning of our holdiays next week. We hade the heater for a few years, hooked up to the kitchen sink so it has worked in the past. Sounds like you survived the concert. Since DH is into music I guess I'll delegate that job to him:p Wow, only 1 week left. I'm so jealous. I haven't lost any weight but I definetly see more muscles in my arms, back and legs. What a great program.:)

Laurie - hey with the "state" funeral in CA this week I think you just buried your monach! So sad though. Can't wait to see a pic of the finished dress. I love purple and blue so it sounds like you have the best of both. Depending what light you stand in you can pick your colour:p What? Why? Constantly being asked these days and sometimes I don't have the answer:eek:

I think I'll be doing Disc 10A - legs tonight. Will finish up my 1st run at week 3 this week and then don't know what I'll be fitting in during my 2 week vacation.

Take care all.

Morning All,

Todays workout was 30 Day Shred #1 and a 20 min. Run. It was beautifully cool this morning, so it seemed to be the perfect thing to do.

Hope DH has time for me tonight. I need his help with getting the pics from camera to computer. :eek: Technology is not my friend. In other words when he shows me, I forget by the time I need to attempt it again. :eek: DH was busy sewing last night, so didn't want to bug him to much.

Kim, After next week, will you be starting CLX? Can't wait to give you the congrats on finishing. I haven't even started, but have it scheduled.

Patricia, Oh your poor DS on being sick for his bd party. :( But dang roasted marshmallows are the best! :) LOL about the monarch! CA can keep MJ as their state monarch, I really couldn't stand him. I'm old enough to have had to listen to his music over and over.... on the radio. Got to the point that in '88 when DH and I got married, I requested that the DJ not play any MJ music at the dance. :) His life was such a mess, but his Thriller album was the best he put out. LOL on the What? Why? Oh yes I remember that well. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Rest day for me. Enjoying getting caught up on other things!

Laurie I have two weeks of holidays after I finish STS and I'm planning on just doing fun stuff. We probably won't be home much as will do some camping and cottage stuff. Patricia has generously offered to lend me CLX so will give it a try. There are such mixed reviews on it so I'll have to give it a try. I've never been much of a MJ fan but I did see a bit of the memorial service on tv last night and it seemed quite touching.

Patricia Doesn't it seem like kids are always sick for holidays like birthdays and Christmas:confused::confused: I think that maybe they get overly excited and don't sleep/eat well around these events. What did ds get for his birthday? Cottages are such a nuisance at least it's not my cottage but my mom's but we do most of the maintenance and chip in moneywise.

Kim

Morning All,

My workout was 30 Day Shred #1 and 25 min run. Another cool morning, so it felt great to be outdoors. :)

DH was busy sewing again last night, and I got one French hoods almost done. Only two more to go. LOL! :rolleyes:

Kim, Well, I'm "planning" on starting STS after faire is over with. :) So far I have it scheduled for 9/14. Giving myself some time before that for the 1RM's. :) Will see if I have enough gutts to start it by then. :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning All

Just a quick fly-by. Did disc 10A (legs) last night and should get some sort of cardio in tonight.

Just back from seeing an Orthopedist for DS. For 2 years now he hasn't been able to straighten his thumb. I had 2 x-rays done of it and all the Dr's said was nothing wrong with it from a skeletal point of view. So I started taking him to PT last fall and they could get it straight but not stay straight. Well, as soon as the Dr. saw it today he knew it was Trigger Thumb which is quite common I guess in kids. So a 5 min. surgery booked for next Wed. We're on 2 weeks holidays so timing is good, but may not stay at the cottage much mainly due to keeping his hand clean.

Kim - do you know much about Trigger Thumb?

Laurie - Really - STS isn't scary at all and I'm really enjoying it. I've noticed in the past week finally muscles in my arms, shoulders and back. I guess I've been doing it all wrong up to this point! The only thing I don't really like about it is the time commitment. To get abs and stretch in your spending 1.5hrs so I've been skipping the abs alot1:)

Patricia I do know a fair bit about trigger fingers as I treat patients with them and also my sister had both thumbs done as an infant. Thumbs don't usually respond to any sort of treatment and so surgery is usually required, the sooner the better. Should only be about 3 sutures after, very minimal pain. Why did it take 2 yrs to diagnose a simple trigger thumb:confused::confused: any doctor or therapist should be able to feel one.

Hopefully your ds flys through it pain free! Poor little guy!

Morning Coolers

Took DS to BB last night then an ice cream treat afterwards. There is a store right on the waterfront so it was nice to eat it sitting watching over the water and boats. Finally a perfect summer night for this.

Got home and did Low Impact Step with a little bit of my own ab work on the ball.

Kim - did you find it hard to do any type of w/o after a STS leg w/o? I'm wondering if my rest day should be after the legs.. Thanks for your comments on the Trigger Thumb. Its good to hear that the pain is minimal. I'm only worried about them finding a vien to put the iv in. He was a human pin cushion at 18mos when he had to be put under for a MRI:rolleyes: Hopefully his viens are bigger now:eek:

Have a great weekend all - vacation has almost started

Morning All,

Today was 30 Day Shred #1 and a 25 min. Run. Mosquites where out with a vengence this morning when I walked the dog, and then it started to rain. Decided to do my run on the TM.

Patricia, I think the time commitment thing is what is scaring me the most. I'm one of those that feels guilty if I don't get the required workouts in. :rolleyes: I would probably miss the ab workouts too, and then it would start bugging me. :eek: Glad your DS is getting his thumb fixed, and I'm sure he will do just great. What a great evening you had.

Tomorrow is opening weekend for the faire, and DH has been busy sewing every night. Once we are not so busy I will bug DH about posting the pics. Need to get some things from the store tonight, and then we have to get everything packed and cooked. :D

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Evening All

Got home early from work so started Disc 21 - Back & Bis. Had just enough time to get in the back w/o before we had to leave for dinner and grocery shopping. Have to stock up on enough food for the nephew to eat while we're away;) Finished up the Bicep portion now and did the cardio step portion only of 4DS - LIS. I'm am tuckered.

Laurie - have a great time with the faire this weekend.

Kim - hey, did you get your trailer awning fixed? When is the next trip?

Just finished disc #34, the last chest/back workout of STS! I am 5% sronger after this mesocycle! Yesterday I got RS and STS yoga abs done. I remember when RS used to be so frustrating because of the choreography now I have so much fun with it!

Yesterday ended up being a busy day as ds had some friends over and they did a sleepover in the camper on the driveway. DD decided she needed to spend the night at her cousins's across town.:rolleyes: I felt like I spent all day organizing, feeding and driving kids around. We had baseball and football tickets for the evening so ds and I went to the football game and dd and DH went to the baseball game but came home after inning 7. The game went to 15 innings, till after midnight. There was no way dd would last that long.

I'm so excited to have nothing on the schedule for today. I have a whole list of things I want to accomplish but all housework/yardwork stuff. No cottage or camping this weekend. We were able to remove the sunroom from the trailer and it is still in at the trailer place they haven't told us whether it will be under warranty or not.

Patricia Are you at the cottage for the weekend? Hope you have some hot weather! We have another week of work and then 2 weeks of holidays ! We plan to spend one week at the cottage and one camping. I find that Cathe has scheduled a heavy cardio workout after legs each week and the legs sure do feel it! I just adjusted this week as I don't want tired legs while running with my friends as they are already fast than me.

Laurie Have fun at the faire! I totally understand your "commitment" issues to STS. I'm always obsessive about completing all the workouts on a schedule and feel so guilty when I miss one.

Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.