*** clean & tidy (party) weekend ***

Everybody have a fun weekend planned up? Or maybe relaxing?

Clintonya, I hope your girls have a fabulous weekend!

Party's at 11 and I have a LOT to do. Shoulda made the meatballs yday but I was too busy cooking everything else. I made a potato salad last night - never made one before - hope it turns out good!

I am sore all OVER from Insanity! My legs and back are so tight it hurts..... and nothing could make me happier!:p

later, gators!

Good Morning Girls !!!!

Have a wonderful party Kate ! I'm sure everything will be fantastic- including the potato salad !!! Pictures, pictures ! I bet you have a happy little girl today ! :) :)

I woke up to bright sunshine and that always helps start the day out a little better ! :)
We are running some errands this morning, helping my mom and dad plant (never got to it before), football.....and Kevin suggested a hike in the woods ! yay ! Sounds great.

My trap. which was feeling almost completely better is hurting a bit this morning again. I don't know if I slept a weird way or it's from mowing the grass yesterday..... :( but hopefully it's no big set back.

Everyone have a great weekend. I gotta get to FB and see all these pictures I've been missing.....!!! ; )

Whoa! Quiet here today.

I'm EXHAUSTED and ready to crawl into bed. If my mom makes the flight (not looking too good), she'll be here in the AM and I'll have to leave bright and early so I'm going to head to bed. I'll try to check in soon!

Wanted to bump us up!!

Hi Everyone!

So glad it is Saturday. Not feeling 100% and my workout reflected that. I did 1.75 mile run/walk. Came home and 2 did burn circuits from Bosu Xplode. It is a really good DVD and I look forward to doing the workouts. DH talked to MIL yesterday and they don't know what is wrong with their dog. They are able to feed her as long as she tilts her head up so they have been doing that.

Kate, hope the party was great! Yeah for the DOMs!
Becky, sorry to hear the trap is bothering you again. Enjoy your hike!
Angie, I hope your mom makes the flight. Sleep well!

Hi to everyone else!

Colleen

Party done! Fast & fun! :D Eats were PC!:)

Becky, Busy day for you! All your Saturdays are! Enjoy your time w/ DH!
Hope that trap doesn't turn into anything serious! Careful!!!

Angie, Hope your mom's flight works out! Sleep tight!

Colleen, That sounds awful about the dog!!! Hope it can get some relief.:(

-
No plans for the rest of the day.:confused: Never planned for post-party!:p

hey guys - sorry to be mia yday, i was sick with what finn had, then dh woke at 2am shivering and ill:( i worked this am, so i need to read yday to catch up.

angie, hope your mom arrives safe and without hassel.

kate, glad the party went so well. i cannot wait to see pics.

colleen, do you think you are coming down with something? overtraining? hope you feel better. i have to read about your mil's dog from yday.
\
becky, sounds like a nice weekend for you! sorry about the muscle. are you going to see a dr or give it more rest?

yday both boys had a swim lesson. i ran and did abs and felt good but worse as the day went on. this am i ran and did some bw exercises and power yoga. work was super busy. we did not get the house we wanted, but we are now waiting to hear about choice number 2. tomorrow we leave for charlotte, a 6.5-7hr drive:rolleyes:. and, i have not started packing!!! eats are clean today, and i need to keep them that way for the next week - we are due back friday night. bbiab

Nina, Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! And DH too - yuck! Hope it passes quickly so you can enjoy your time away! Or, you could do what my husband does.....get sick and leave your spouse to venture off with the children!:rolleyes::p:eek:
Hope you get good news on the house!

Looking forward to Sunday....church and Libby is ocming over for lunch. After I get Ju to bed we're going shopping!:D TJ Maxx is having some big liquidation sale. Not planning on buying anything but it'll be fun to be with her.:)

Good Sunday Morning Girls !

Kate, I LOVE the disney pics ! You look great , SO RELAXED and happy !! I love vacation !!!

We had a great morning yesterday . Went on some errands in the morning, stopped at Jimmy Johns for sandwiches, came home unloaded stuff, packed our sandwiches, apples and water and headed out for a hike ! We went to a beautiful park with hilly trails and had a fantastic hike in the woods !!! Then a picnic lunch in the park .
Great time. I love stuff like that. :D:cool::cool:

We went to Brayden's football game:)D) and towards the end, Kevin got a phone call. His mom fell again and the life squad was taking her to the hospital !
She's okay but we spent hours in the ER while she had tests, etc..
They finally decided she could go home, which is good but she is falling more & more.
Not a good situation.

Anyway, it was a late night and then for me, an early morning . I woke up because my trap muscle is hurting and I couldn't get a comfortable way to lay. :(
Am going to continue resting it this week instead of starting back with weights. :confused::confused:
Don't want to go to the dr. who will just prescribe muscle relaxers.....think a chiropractor would help ?

Today isn't going to be as pretty, maybe rain.
Not sure what's going on yet today.

But have a great Sunday!

Thank you, Becky! We love vacation too! I need another one!:D
Your hike sounds so refreshing! ^5 to Brayden!
So sorry about Kevin's mom! That can't be an easy situation. It owuld be so hard to lose your independence.
I definitely think a chiro would help your trap!:) It's could be a vertebrae out of place and that pulls on muscles. I bet a couple adjustments (or even ONE!) and youd be feeling good as new! I *heart* our chiro!

Katie, How was the wedding?! I wanna see pics of fabulous you!:D:D
Clintonya, How's DANCEMAX going?!?!!? Close-up pics of your girls are requested!:D:D

Morning ladies! Yesterday was nuts - sorry I didn't make it here. Me, my mom, and Collin went out for tea, then went shopping (yes, I bought a new dress for the wedding last-minute -- and shoes), then home to get ready for the wedding. The first half of the wedding/reception was fun, but by the end, Collin was getting restless and tired and Chris was nowhere to be found (off drinking, trashing the getaway car, chalking it up to "your cousin only gets married once." We didn't get home until 10 pm but of course Chris and I had to have a little shouting match before bed. It was not pretty:confused: Not sure what today will be like!

Morning girls,

Busy day here. Been doing lots of house cleaning - it always just ends up such a wreck after being gone for a few days. I did a double this morning as well (step moves and PS legs and abs) because there was no time to WO yesterday when we got home and I was SOOOO tired.

I think I'll spend the rest of the afternoon resting. My mom didn't make it out last night and tonight doesn't look good either but we're hoping!

Quickly, because Anna needs me:

Katie, sorry for the shouting match with Chris. :( I do want to see pics though.

Kate, your disney pix are way fun. I'm super jealous.

Becky, sorry about your MIL. Hope she's ok.

Nina, hope you're feeling better!

Colleen, sorry you're not feeling well. Bummer about the dog too!

OK, gotta go... bbl!

sorryi havent posted since thurs. I was so so excited for weigh-in and then i got my period fri morning, proceeded to weigh in and found that i am down only .2 lbs =( big fat FROWN on that one. i know that it probably has to do with TTOM and also upping my weights recently and that it will all even out in the end but it just left me in such a funk, i didnt even want to talk about it. argg. I am not letting it affect my WOs though, eyes on the prize. yday was spin and then pump and what a combo that was for my legs...i actually could tell I could not complete the second legs track in pump and so i went to slower reps and then every other rep until the end. my hams and hip flexors today, YOWZA!!!

JJ finally seems to be better. there were a lot of little things that were "off" since we got here, like crying at bath time and waking up cranky in the am, that are back to normal now. not sure whether it was illness or reaction to new place or both. and he is sleeping totally through the night.

must keep the eats clean and pc... and NOT let the lack of lbs lost tihs week get me down.

kate, how was the party???????? yday, right? cant wait to see pics of the monkey cake. i love that you're going to TJ Maxx just be with your sister... i bet you come out with a few things, too =) how is insanity treating your knee this time around?

katie, sorry about the rough end to your night =( I remember my DH was not the most sensitive at the beginning of my pregnancy, i think subconsciously the fact that they cant SEE it makes it hard...hope you were ablet o resolve things. i hate going to bed mad.

becky, good for you resting that injury another week. are you sure the doc would just prescribe meds? maybe they would send you to chiro or massage! that prob depends on your insurance. hope your MIL is recovering quickly, sounds like its been a rough patch for her.

nina, sorry you didnt get the house you wanted. are things really competitive for rentals in FL right now? hope you get #2 so that you get to packing and planning. is DH feeling better? are you back to 100%?

angie, did your mom make it in??

colleen, sorry to hear about the dog, it is always so hard to just not know.

Hi Everyone!

I went to my crossfit workshop this morning and it was good. A lot of time was spent on instruction but it was nice that we could try out all the moves before we had to run through all the drills. It was like a bootcamp workout but using kettlebells for the strength instead of weights. It was not too hard since they had to accommodate all fitness levels but it was challenging enough. I think the reason I am tired is my allergies. I have been really congested the last few mornings which means I am not breathing properly at night and probably waking up more than I realize. Usually by the end of May I am better so I just need to hold tight.

Angie, sorry it is not looking good for your mom arriving. I hope her luck changes.
Nina, sorry about all the sickness. Good luck with house #2.
Katie, I hate fights over stupid stuff. I hope it is all resolved now.
Kate, I need to check out your disney pics. Have fun shopping today!
Becky, I think a chiro would be able to help you. I don't like a lot of meds either.

Hey all. I am so. stinkin. tired. BUT I am going to do some Insanity w/ Laura tonight after kids go to bed. Wish me luck!!!!

Katie, I hope today goes good for you! Sorry abt the fight.:(

Angie, WTG on the double! Hoep your ma gets a flight!

Wendy, SOrry about the scale's non-movement. Very frustrating but you sound lke you're in a good place abt it. Hang in there!!!

Colleen, So are there kbells in your future???!

gotta run!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.