---(((*** c&t friday eve ***)))---

Cute title, Katie! Enjoy your Fri Eve!

Today is kinda my Friday - the girls have no school tomorrow - conferences.
Not sure what we're up to yet for the day. BBL....

peace, love, and sandy feet!

Whew, I feel like I have a lot to catch up on. Yesterday was busy but fun - sorry I never really got here for a check-in. Collin and I spent the day playing with his new toys, baking his birthday cake (strawberry cake / strawberry buttercream frostine), snuggling in the bed to watch a movie, then we went out to Target so he could get a new toy with his b-day money, went for smoothies, etc. Last night we went out to dinner with the family, then came home and crashed. I only cried once the whole day - late last night when Collin started crying (said it was because he missed his daddy, who didn't bother to call at all yesterday, btw; I think Collin was just tired).

My period started yesterday so that's pretty much that for this month. It is frustrating to know that you did everything right, but it just still didn't happen. I think God is trying to teach me a lesson in patience! I did not cry at all about my period coming, although my cramps were so bad it almost make me cry. How ironic to be in so much pain on the 5 year anniversary of my horrific labor with Collin? LOL:p

This situation with pay pal has gotten much worse, and my bank called me late last night to talk about the "suspicious activity" on my account. They are taking care of it, but it is still a huge PITA!

And as if all of the above was not enough, my freaking bronchitis is coming back. I have felt myself getting worse and worse ever since I finished the antibiotic. Guess I will call the Drs office today.

Becky, the only time I have taken a "recovery week" from STS was when I got bronchitis and did NOTHING but lay around and feel terrible. I think light cardio and stretching is the way to go probably!
Wendy, I have been meaning to ask - whatever happened about the apartment with no oven?
Kate, your story about Isabel makes me smile!
Nina, I am glad time that you had a good time with your friend. Do you and the fam have tricare? I would either call your insurance company for a referral or ask at a gym or physcial therapist or something like that.
Colleen, I have also been getting a serious itch for an outdoor run. Gosh, I hope it warms up soon!
Anne, good on you for the run - I am jealous! And you are too cute talking about TCB:p
Hello to Klaudia, Robin, Clintonya...

ahhhhhhh Sandy feet !!! Sounds great :)

Some type of cardio today and PURE BARR ! Can't wait.

Hi Katie & Kate !

Katie, we were posting at the same time, so I didn't see your letter. Collins birthday sounds great :) :)
Sorry about your Aunt Flo. :( I know you're disappointed but stay positive . It will happen !!!

Last edited:
Just a quick picture of my sweet boy after blowing out his birthday candles!

Attachments

• Collin 3-3-10.jpg
    Collin 3-3-10.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 10
Hey girls, we had a solid night of sleep so that is great. I thought Ryan would set his alarm to work out but he didn't so I didn't get to the gym this morning and will go after I take the girls back to school. I also need to work legs today. MM legs and if I'm up to it, I'll add on the leg work from MIS. We'll see how it goes.

Kate, yay for your "Friday" - sandy toes sounds fabulous.

Katie, sorry AF reared her ugly face. I think you're right though, patience is a good virtue to learn! Hang in there. I know this is probably a silly question, but you didn't have any issues getting pg before, right? Sorry Collin's dad didn't call. That's no fun. I don't know my bio dad and in some ways I'm glad b/c he's never had the chance to disappoint me. :(

Becky, enjoy your pure barre! Hope you have a great day.

So, it's windy and super cold today and I needed tea to warm up while I was studying.

My elbow still really hurts today. Mostly when I extend it. Hopefully it will be better by Saturday when I need to do biceps.

Oh, Nina, you asked a few days ago about my knee issues. So, I ran regularly through college - about 4 miles a day on a regular basis and I loved it. My senior year I decided to up my 40-ish minute run to 60 minutes over night and I think it was too much at once when my body was so used to 40 min. Anyway, I injured my knee and it's given me problems since. It seems that every time I start to run, I bite off more than I can chew (mostly because my cardio endurance can keep up) and apparently my joints aren't ready. So, I'm hoping that by going VEERRRYYY slowly with c25k (it's driving me crazy), that I will be able to work up to a higher mileage. I'd LOVE to do the Paris 1/2 marathon next Spring.

Anyway, time to read to kids. BBL.

katie, what a handsome birthday boy!! you're right, a practice in patience in what you are faced with and it will happen when the time is right.

kate, i so wanted to make the pb choc banana bread yesterday but i stayed away and instead made that choc chip banana with the oats and wheat germ from the pink peppercorn... i think you shared that one. my family loves it and it aint bad for eating goals!!

nina, katie made a good point abt tricare...call them up! also i have seen a journal of sports nutrition at my lib so maybe try googling for associations or societies of. there could be a listing of practitioners in your area.

bbiab, gotta do bfast

hi everyone - fly by here! got out for a great early am run and abs. going to take my friend to the beach this am for a long walk.

katie, sorry about af. we do have tricare and i will try your recommendation - thanks. what a gorgeous cake.

angie, good luck with the running. enjoy your wo later.

kate, have a fun early friday.

becky, did you do your new wo?

hi wendy, by wendy!

bbiab

Angie, Collin was a *surprise* - not trying at all, but of course he is the best thing that ever happened to me!

Wendy, thanks for the compliment on my handsome boy!

Nina, ahhhh the beach! I need to get myself to the beach a.s.a.p!

gotta be quick - lots to do

katie, sorry abt af. ((((hugs)))

becky, are you pulsing???!!! :D

angie, how was the um, wine last night??!!

wendy, good for you for restraining!

nina, enjoy your walk!

Katie, I WAS pulsing ! but only in my abs today. My DD called and she wants to go to spin class again Sat. morning . You've scared me with your talk of monster DOMS, so I thought I shouldn't do PB today in full - and go to spin class with sore legs !!!
I LOVED the core work and can you say FELT IT ?? BIG TIME ?? yikes !
I ended up doing HIS , and PB core.
I have to get my errands done and hoping to STRETCH really good later in the day .

I LOVE the picture of Collin, Katie ! What a cutie !!!

Hi Everyone!

I am so glad this week is almost over. I really need the weekend. I finally made DH disconnect our home alarm last night so it wouldn't wake us up. We both slept really well. This morning I did legs. I did not run because it was icy out. Maybe this afternoon I can get out after work. There is a race at the end of April that I want to try to run, but I need to get started training.

Katie, when someone charged on my account it was a huge PITA too! It happened over a weekend and I had to remember everywhere I went and charged something.
Kate, that's great the girls have off from school tomorrow. Any special plans?
Nina, I am so jealous you live so close to a beach. We might head to the beach next weekend for St. Patty's Day.
Wendy, good job for choosing something healthier to make.
Angie, yeah on sleep last night. I bet it felt good to sleep in.

b: oatmeal w/ apple & almonds
l: chili
s: blueberries w/ yogurt
d: grilled chicken parm w/ ww pasta & spinach salad

having a blah day - feeling overwhelmed....yuck. i hate this. getting ots done i just feel so *blah*!

b, nice wo's! send me some energy!:)

c, hope you get your run! laura & i will need to start soon too.

Katie, what a mess w/paypal! Glad you & Collin had a wonderful day together! Sending lots of patience to you!!!!:)

Kate, now you’ve got me dreaming of the beach in June :D

Angie, glad you got a good night’s sleep!

Hi Wendy!

Nina, have fun on your walk :)

Becky, glad you got to do Pure Barre :)

Colleen, we need this “long winter” to move on & then you can get started on your running :)

Hi Robin, Anne, Klaudia, Lisa, & Becky Sue!

I have an all over body soreness from ccc :D Will bbl.

Clintonya

Mid-day check in:D

Colleen, what's the April race? I am afraid to register for anything cause I want to get pregnant. Maybe that's the key - register for another HM and I am sure I would get knocked up:p

Clintonya, I bet you are sore after CCC! Soak in a hot bath!

Kate, sorry about your crazy day. When is your crazy people race (is it called a Warrior Dash or something, can't remember)? June?

My Drs office called in a new anti-biotic!

Lunch is a small salad and a Lean Cuisine -- NOT clean, I know - but better than the drive-thru!

Katie - So sorry your monthly friend showed up. Sounds like you and Collin had a wonderful day though and that is awesome! Cute pic!

Angie - What is c25? Your running story sounds a lot like mine. My knees started getting really tweaky and I was told I wasn't running "right".

Kate - Sorry for the blahs. No school for my kiddos tomorrow either. Another furlough day. Homeschooling day for us.

Becky - I say go for it and go to spin!

Clintoya - Yay for an all over body soreness. It means your muscles are growing!

Colleen - I'm glad you had a good night's rest. Makes a world of a difference.

Nina - I don't know about the weight issues. Maybe like Klaudia said, it could be muscle.

Wendy - Any gym plans for today?

Hi Anne, Klaudia, and all!

My cold is still lingering around. Getting better, but the congestion is still there. My dad ended up getting bronchitis so I'm hoping I get better instead of worst with bronchitis also. I did do some yoga and today I did MMA Fusion. Enough to get my heartrate up yet mellow enough where I didn't wipe myself out being I still feel yucky. Anyway, eats were horrible yesterday. Whatever was junk, I ate. Bfast started out great then after that it went downhill. Today is a new day and I will refuel my body with good food. Kashi on tap for bfast. Gotta shower then leave for work. OH and DH is leaving for a trip tomorrow night until next Wed so I might be a little MIA since I will be doing the single mom thing. Wish me luck and LOTS of patience!

lisa, feel better and good luck with the single mom thing. we are going on 2 weeks now and it is old!

katie, your lunch sounds not too bad. hope the ab helps.

colleen, stay away from ice! what race will you do?

clintonya, i love ccc - on tap for saturday.

kate, sorry for the anxiety. maybe do something you like like cooking?

the beach was glorious even though it was 50 and windy. so nice to walk and walk and talk! yoga on tap for later and take out for dinner. m and m's are calling my name, but i have this kind of low grade nausea so i will resist. bbiab

Thanks for the encouragement girls! Love you guys!
GS chest & tri's tonight. Need to make myself do some cardio tonight.
Need to put our tax papers together now since J is taking a nice nap!

Clintonya, I've been dreaming about the beach since November!:p:D
WTG on the soreness! I think next time I get to WO w/ Laura I'm going to have us do CCC.

Katie, LOL! The Warrior Dash is in June - Father's Day weekend actually! I'll be home by Sat night so we'll still get to celebrate the best dad ever! And your post abt Chris on FB was too sweet!:D
Hope the new med works for you!

Lisa, Sorry for the bad eats. That was me yday - 100% today, thank goodnes! My body just cannot take that anymore! How do people eat like that all the time? Do they really feel like that all day and just get used to it? Yuck!

Nina, I love/hate that nausea! Hate it cause it sucks, but love it cause it keeps me from nonhunger snacking!:eek:
Glad the beach was nice!

Hey laaaaaaadieeeees! Everybody doing good?

Clean eats here all day. Hope everyone is having a good night!

Kate,
Just popping in to say thank you for your support. It truly means alot to me. I was shocked by what I read. I truly don't understand why someone would say that. :( But it's friends like you that makes the world a brighter place. :)

Hope you, Mike and the girlies are doing well! Hello to everyone else in Clean & Tidyville! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.