*** 12 week Challenge Jan 21st ***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just wanted to get us started! Im up early b/c I have to work the next 2 day shifts and I want to get my workout in before I go to work. Its harder to fit it in in the evenings and I am just so lazy!

I bought a new battery yesterday for my BF capilar and it keeps reporting that my BF% is 9.4%:eek: Which I know if low. I took the skin between my elbow and shoulder, as much as I could nip, the skin 1 inch above my hip bone and the skin between my knee and the top of my leg. Thats where my book said take it. There was only one time it was 10.2% and thats when I let my tri hang instead of twisting it.

Anywaysssss..I have to get my workout started! I will report when I get to work!!!

Lori:)

Good Morning 12 weekers :)

How is everyone doing? What day/week are you into your challenge?

This is Day 21 for me. Down 4lbs. I think I'll have the trainer check my BF at the gym today Lori. I too get odd readings. Last time she did it for me it said I had 15%..then 12%. I was confused LOL.

On tap today is a 8mile run. Followed by Abs on the machines at the gym and Roman Chair stuff. I will also kill--I mean work my biceps :)

It's -10 here this morning. Brrrrr

Everyone have a great Monday.

Good morning everyone:

Week 2 - Day 1 (my weigh-in day is Friday)

I have an emotional week coming up, so I'm concentrating on not eating every comfort food in sight. A dear friend and co-worker died of a heart attack on Saturday. Her desk is right next to mine.

She was 60 years old and very overweight and out of shape besides extremely stressed. I am motivated now more than ever to lose the weight and become a personal trainer. I want to help people be healthy so this won't happen to them. I've decided to check out some 1/2 marathons in my area and sign up for one.

I teach step aerobics tonight, so that will be a good workout after an emotional day at work. I have my menu all set and I'm ready to go.

Have a great day everyone.
Marcia.

Good Morning Lori,Kath,Marcia and all who folows!

This is week 2 / day 2

I lost 2pds the first week but my scale has held steady at or around that weight for a VERY LONG time now,so the only thing that will impress me is if it goes down another two pds this week;-) (or just down period)

Lori-Im not very good with BMI's is that low for your frame? You look awesome, very fit and healthy. I have no clue what my BMI is....mmmmm, maybe I should invest in a BMI reader. Im seriously thinking about getting a HRM too.

Kath-Great workout planned for today! Have fun!

Marica-Im very sorry to hear about your lady friend at your next door desk :-(. Its so great that you want to help people get healthy! I think its also great that you want to sign up for marathons,You go girl;-)

todays workout is LB. Im thinking about doing Butts and Gutts :+. That workout is just sooooo dang intimidating x(. But thats what I got it for,to do!

I made a pot of the southwestern chicken soup yesterday and froze some,its not too shabby.:9

bbl

Good Morning!:) Im back!:)

I squeezed in a 4 mile hilly run and 2 seg of BM2 circuits, then BM2 abs. It was a long enough workout and of course, I ran out of time. I was thinking...that maybe...if I had the energy tonight I may go for another run!:) LOL Sometimes DS as a tiny nap at the sitters and he is ready for bed EARLY!

Kath** Have fun with your workout. Sounds like you have a goody planned! Its -16 here...beat that!}( It is freezing out! I can't wait for the warmer weather to get my long runs in again.I haven't ran 10 miles since the spring. The TM can be a bit boring and I am getting tired of playing my tetris game!

Marcia** Try to stay focused over the next couple of days, even though it may be hard. It is sooo important to eat healthy and stay fit! It doesn't mean that you will live a long life but at least we tried!

Ameila** My BMI is 20.1, I think. It was the last time I checked anyway. Im thinking my BF% may be more like 12-14%. Maybe the next time I go into the city I will get it checked!

LOri:)

Good Morning 12 weekers. Hope you all had a good weekend and are ready to tackle this week!

Lori - what a great workout. WOW - running 2x in a day - how much would you do tonight? That's amazing. Marcia -I am so sorry to hear about your co-worker. What a shame. It really does drive it home when we see it so close. I admire your choice to pull stength and motivation out of the situation though. Hang in there this week.

Amelia - you can do a BMI calculation without a reader. Just do a google search for BMI and it'll give you a link to a calculator. But yes, for BF% you need a reader.

Kath - BRRRRRR is right! Enjoy every step of your 8 miles. Way to go.

Ladies I had the strangest day yesterday. It was my free day and I made it a cheat day. But the strange part was that all I wanted to do was sleep. I snoozed on and off ALL DAY LONG! Didn't work out (and I DID need a rest day) ate really bad food, and slept, but I mean hard. It was like every time I woke up (and I must have taken like 5 or 6 "naps") I felt like I'd been in the deepest sleep ever! It was such an odd feeling.

So given those bad food choices and total slug-ness yesterday I was back at it this a.m. Did itread and tush (OMG what a fun workout that I just got! ;-)). B&G (no "G" yet), BBC legs (donkey kicks and hydrants), S&H plie squats and S&H shoulders. Need to fit in some abs work later on. Kiddos and I are off to a dental appt and errands today. Happy MLK Jr. day. BBL to see what everyone is up to.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hi all --

It's great to read that all of you are on track. I seem to be off after the last 2 days, with food (exercise is always good). What do you do to get back on track? Part of me just feels like I should throw in the towel because I've "ruined" it so soon into the challenge. But that's not going to help anything. All I know to do is track my food and exercise but I am also looking for fresh ideas from you.
Meredith

Good Morning Everyone,
No time for personals. On tap tonite Iam trying time saver blast for the first time segment #1 tonite. Marcia sorry to here about your co-worker and friend. Hey forgot I finally lost that 2lbs. I was holding on to. Well off to work report more later.

Marcia - I'm so sorry about your co-worker. That's awful.

This morning I did CC v5 on the spinning bike. Great workout!

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was a 3 mile walk with friends and then Body Max1 step only.
I wanted to take a peek at the # on the scale so badly b/c I think I have lost ,but I could hear Gayle's voice in my head telling me NO. Tomorrow is my WI day, I will be patient and wait.

I have today off for MLK Day. On schedule is Clean Max the house, lunch with friends and then dentist appt.
I promise not to complain about the weather here (44 degrees) after hearing how cold it is where everyone else is!!x(

Marcia--So sorry about your co-worker. Have you done a 1/2 marathon before? Great distance!! My favorite!:)

Have great day!
Gin:)

Marcia: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. ((Hugs))

Roxie: Congrats girl on the weight loss :)

I did my 8miler --whew :) I'm finding my endurance is building :) That's a good thing. Worked abs and did my biceps.

I can't believe how cold it is here. Brrrr. Good day to stay inside but I have a few errands to run. Might as well hop in the shower and get to it:)

Have a terrific Monday

Hey guys! QUICKIE post for me. My kids are off school today and they each had a friend sleep over last night, so we ALL ARE fighting for this PC! LOL Last night I made them sleep up in the bedrooms (they usually sleep in the living room), because I didn't want them to hear me in the basement early this morning! LOL

This morning's workout PUB and I increased my shoulder work (now using 6/9/11/9/6 for that pyramid) and biceps (now using 13/16/21/16/13). I was hurtin'! I think what makes PUB tough is the way she goes immediately into the next round with no rest between sets! ANYWAY....I'll take it. I'm sporting some DOMS from yesterday morning's Power Yoga! LOL I get it everytime from that workout and LOVE it!

I'm enjoying my egg quiches...this time I made it with a box of cauliflower and it's yummy!

OK…yesterday’s Free Day was a complete FREE DAY! All day long, and I AM GOING TO STOP THAT! I know having/eating anything you want is ‘allowed’ in the program, but I think I take it to the extreme. lol Starting today, also, I’m REFOCUSSING on portions. I think my portion sizes are getting too liberal and I need to keep that in check. Free Day from NOW ON, will be planned meals, even if they ARE splurge meals. Instead of it being an eat-all-day-long type of day, I will have Free Day have PLANNED meals and controlled portions, just like every other day.

Gayle

p.s. HA! This post took me 25 MINUTES to finish and post! KIDS!

Kath** Good job on the workout! I find the best workouts are the ones that aren't planned...when it comes to running anyway. I did 5 miles yesterday but could have gone longer. I needed to get off the TM though b/c I knew DS was soon gonna wake from his nap.

Gayle** Sounds like you are in for a fun day with the kiddes! LOL I may have 2 but the age difference is so big that there isn't any fighting yet. Thank goodness! I had my cheat day on Fri but Sat ended up being even worse!~We went to visit some friends and there was candies,chips and cookies everywhere!!!!

Meredith** DOn't give up! There are still a few weeks left yet and there can be alot of changes made in those weeks!

Lorie** YOur day did sound a little weird:) I got tired just readin about it! I use to love napping. Of course now with the baby I don't get to nap. If I run tonight it may be another 4 miles or so. Depending on my energy. If Im gonna get all sweaty and need a shower, I may as well get a good workout in! But then it may wake me up and I may find it diffcult to sleep tonight...we will see!

Gin** Good job on ditching those extra pounds!

BB in a bit

Hi, everyone!
I did Kelley Coffey Meyer Cardio Kick Box2 premix#2 plus the abs segment,(45min.) and PLB.
Some of you have really low BF%!!! I thought I was doing ok at about 18%!!! Oh,well. My scale can be a little wacky on that, too.
Have a great day, Nancy J.~~

Marcia, sorry to hear about your coworker - hang in there girlfriend!

Lorrie - I'd love a nap day, but since the kids are ALWAYS with me on the weekend I KNOW it won't happen LOL!

Hi to everyone else - sorry to be light on personals, but I need to get to work.

Did Cardio Fusion, step only premix today. LOVED it. Not sure about tomorrow - weight work of some sort - probably PUB that's my favorite. I'm not like Gayle, tho - I'm stuck @ 3/5/8 for the shoulders and 8/10/12 for chest & biceps (tho I CAN use the 15s for chest on a good day :)).

Gotta scoot - have a great day everyone!

Just a quick check in before I put the kiddos to bed. Today was 4DS HIS. It was my first time and the foot work is a little tricky, even after I practiced last night, bit I enjoyed it. My chest is feeling pretty good right now.}( Eats have been good today: cottage cheese, whole wheat toast and an apple for breakfast, larabar for snack, left over steak fajita quesadilla for lunch:9 :9 :9 .

I will have a protein shake later and I have Greek Chicken in the crockpot for dinner. I am off to do LaundryMax and DeclutterMax for the rest of the day. I also have a Bible Study to complete for this evening. Will try to BBL for personals.

Have a great day!

Hi there. This is just my Second post. I miss posting when you lot are awake as our time zones are different however, I shall try to keep posting as I realise you girls are just like me - We eat!!

I am still struggling to eat "clean", however if I keep in touch with you all maybe I will do better? I did muscle endurance upper body over the weekend and bicep work twice. WOW! The ab work in that dvd is really hard, especially when I did the cardio leg blast of the kick max first! Now that I am getting fitter I can start top work on my form, Doesn't that make a difference? Good form, good work. well wish me luck for the week of cleanliness eating, I wish you guys well for the week too.

Off to work, TTFN
Andrea

P.S. Marcia, terrible news about your work collegue. I've been there and its not easy. Hang in there.

Good evening everyone.

Today's workout was something I had been wanting to try for a while. I did His cardio and then went in and did all of boot camp.
That was tough but boy do I feel good right now!!!

Hey Everyone,
Timesaver Blast is alot harder than I thought it would be. I don't know if I got a good workout in when I couldn't even get some of the steps right and the barbell my DH gave me for christmas won't go together so I use dumbbells for everything. I guess you just keep trying an it will come to me. Have a good night everyone.

Hello All!!

Today begins week 4 for me. I did Turbo Jam Lower Body Jam with the band and 8 lb weights ( I think this is a good lower body w/o), followed by planks (traditional and side).

I have not weighed or measured ....but I can tell things are tightening up all over...I'm quite pleased. I don't need the scale to ruin my happy day.
:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.