*** 12 week Challenge Feb 13th****

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just getting us started!

Eating as been good. My workouts have been good...what else do I need?;)
Not sure what todays workout will be. Im getting off of work now and going for a little nap. I will figure out what I am doing while I feed everyone their lunch! LOL

Have a good day everyone!
Lori:)

Morning Lori,challengers

Todays workout is PLB I will try and do the floor work too,last time I did PLB I ran out of time! My abbs are screaming from yesterdays workout,feels good }(

Well,the scale is still showing a 3lb increase,im not gonna worry about it though...just focus on my water and diet today! I didn't drink my usualy gallon mon and tues so im sure thats it! Ive just been preoccupied

Lori-good job on the eating and the great workouts! Im sure your scale will be down by the end of the week,but i can tell that your not really worried about it anymore since it stop increasing..thats good,the scale can certianly drive ya nuts! it drives me nuts,ive probably lost hair over it,LOL :+

Gayle-Thanks for answering my npb question;-) you rock!!! that npb did keep me from indulging yesterday,there are all kinds of no-no's around the house these days(for the kiddies,DH)

hey to everybody who follows
bbl

A snowy morning to all!! I can't believe we are getting hit once again--UGH! :) No delays in school though. I think they are down to ZERO now.

My workout today is a 4 mile run. Chest to PUB and ME. I'll work my abs to coremax and/or butts & guts. Haven't decided yet.

Lori: Enjoy your nap. I'm sure you will come up with a *killer* workout :) I bet you start to see results now that your eating is going well. I know that was key for me.

I read the posts about the recipe yesterday. I noticed the sodium content right off. Too high for me. I'm one not to add salt to anything. Never did it--and surprisingly no one misses it in recipes :) I grew up in a home where my mom would dump salt on everything. I mean everything. She suffers from high BP too. Sooooo :) I guess we learn from the people around us :)

Gayle: What's on tap for you today?

Well I'm off for a refill-- will be back before I hit the gym

Good morning everyone,

I have a doozy of a head/chest cold that is just dragging me down - BIG TIME! My eating is horrible, my exercise is there, but only what I can drum up to get through the classes that I teach. Otherwise, nothing! I've taken DayQuil, Coldeze and nothing is working x( ;( I hope I get over this soon. I need to get back to focusing and get my motivation back.

I hope everyone is staying on track, GOOD LUCK!! Keep on going!!! You can ALL do this. :7

Luv Ya,
Marcia. :*

Hey Kath-i also grew up in a house were salt was used all the time! I have learned to cut it out over the years,especially since being a mother, I love my mrs dash seasonings! I guess its the hotsauce in the recipe that has all the salt :-(!

Hey girls,I wanted to share another clean recipe with you guys that is clean and oh so good! It orginated from rachel ray too but i made it clean!

Garlic Shrimp w/ww penne pasta
1lb of deviened shrimp
1tbs olive oil(recipe calls for two;-))
2 cans no salt added crushed tomatoes(i used hunts)
3 tbs of minced garlic
1/4 c finely chopped onionslemon juice(i used the bottled kind and just squezzed around the pan about three times)
sprinkle of mrs dash garlic and herb seseaning
1 box of whole wheat penee pasta
directions:

Cook past as described on the box. Over medium heat,heat the olive oil add garlic,onions and shrimp and cook until shrimp is pink(about two mins on each side) add lemon + tomatoes and a sprinkle of mrs dash garlic and herb seasoning! serve over pasta! Yumnmo:9

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm doing good eating and workout wise, but last week I was horrid for a few days. I'm holding steady, but I want to start losing again. This is the point where I always say, "Well, I look good enough" and give up only to end up gaining the weight back and feeling bad. So, I want to push through this point. As I'm eating vegetarian for Lent, I am having issues with Heavy lifting and hunger. I have one final heavy workout today (chest and arms - either Slo Mo or 4DS - I haven't figured out which on yet) then I'm switching to more endurance based so I can stop the hungries!

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm doing good eating and workout wise, but last week I was horrid for a few days. I'm holding steady, but I want to start losing again. This is the point where I always say, "Well, I look good enough" and give up only to end up gaining the weight back and feeling bad. So, I want to push through this point. As I'm eating vegetarian for Lent, I am having issues with Heavy lifting and hunger. I have one final heavy workout today (chest and arms - either Slo Mo or 4DS - I haven't figured out which on yet) then I'm switching to more endurance based so I can stop the hungries!

Amelia-I’m glad the PB helped keep the other junk at bay. If that’s what it takes, then enjoy! And thanks for that shrimp recipe. I was just cleaning out the freezer and I have a 2# bag of shrimp to enjoy! I may just make this recipe! YUMMO!

Kath-I don’t add salt to anything that I make either. In fact, it’s been so long since I used the salt shaker that it’s all dried and caked over! LOL

Marcia-I hope you feel better SOON! Hang in there…SPRING is around the corner!

Christine-what would you need to tweak about vegetarianism to gain more energy for heavy workouts? Protein, carbs, other???

Lori-enjoy whatever workout you end up doing. Knowing YOU, it’ll be a doozy of a workout! LOL

OK…as for ME! First off, schools are closed. The freezing rain continues to pound us, and now the temps are rising so it’s a downpour of RAIN! There’s a flood warning in effect until tomorrow afternoon! Geesh! BRING ON SPRING!

My workout this morning was AWESOME! Here’s what I did:
·Gym Style Chest push ups on knees and hands on bench (I LOVE doing it this way as a warm up….I can really concentrate on pushing thru my hands on the bench/step and really focus on the chest muscles…TRY IT, ladies!)
·BFL Upper body that I posted yesterday. I had to lighten up, though on my last 2 sets of back work. I was starting to get a cramp on my right side of my back, and it was almost a bad kind of pain, so I lightened up those last 2 sets.
·Itread 11, 40 minutes. WOW WOW WOW! This was an AWESOME workout and took care of the 4 miles on my training schedule! You guys have to try this one. It’s a steady-paced run with no sprints or fast intervals. You start off warming up nice and steady, slowly increasing a bit here and there. About halfway into the workout, you hit a 6% hill that you RUN (for joggers and runners) up at a slower pace. Then you come back down and Grace then has you increase and decrease your speed +5%, -4%, +5%, -4%, etc. THEN…..you finish the last 5 minutes or so ON A HILL! From 4% to 6%! I was huffing and puffing. I logged 4.5 miles and was a sweaty ol’ mess by the end.
·Stretch Max with the band. LOVE THIS SM segment!

That was enough for the day! HA!

The plan for today’s snow day is simple. NOTHING! lol We have Valentine’s Cards to make for younger DS, but that’s it. Maybe we’ll venture out and get a movie later today. With the kids home, though, that means my PC time must be shared among me and younger DS (remember, older DS is not allowed on the PC due to his ‘naked women’ escapade, lol).

ANYWAY….you all be safe on the roads with this weather!

BBL sometime.

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone,

Tonites workout is timesaver blast #5 legs an glutes followed by a stretch. Don't know what lunch will be im on the road again.

Brkfst.-cereal, toast, and grapefruit
AM snack-yogurt and banana
Lunch- Wendys side salad
PM snack-cheese and apple
Supper-spagehtti made with italian turkey
Pm snack-protein shake

Off to work now everyone have a good day.

Afternoon Girls !

Gayle: That's funny about the salt shaker. When I have people over (which is quite often) some couples and/or my mom will say "Kath where is the salt shaker?" I'm like ooooohhhh my bad :)

I managed to get my workout in. The roads were horrible. I'm surprised they didn't delay. I was abe to kick some serious a$$ in my run. I had 4miles done and checked my pedometer and thought Wait did I do 4? Kinda made me feel good :) Tomorrow is only a 3 miler. So I will definately add some other stuff on to it. Can't go too easy on myself :)

I also ran a few errands. I had to hit the mall for a birthday gift. I had to laugh at the card shop. That place was packed with people buying V-day cards and stuff. I kinda smiled then looked in again to see if my DH was in there.LOL! He wasn't. :)

I'l be back--I'm inhaling my salad right now :) :) :)

Hi, girls! Busy, busy week at work. I have a consultant in who's driving me crazy but I'm stuck with him until tomorrow afternoon. He takes up all my time so can't do personals today but I read everyone's posts everyday so I stay caught up. You guys are doing a great job! :7

Don't think I posted yesterday. Slept in so no a.m. workout. Went to Dojo but it was a really easy class - hardly broke a sweat. This morning was Cardio Fusion Mixed Cardio premix 41 min.

Have a great day!

Sue

Hi Girls!

Just waiting for DS to wake up, he is having quit the little snooze! I only slept until 10:30 ish but I did sleep at work and I think I was in a pretty deep sleep b/c my coworker said he came in to tell me he was gone to pick up his wife and I didn't move! LOL He yelled out to me 3x's and nothing:7 Im sure my boss would appreciate that! LOL
After picking up DS I drank a lg coffee and some steel cut oats with a banana. I felt like I had eaten a big turkey dinner! I was soooo full! Its 3 hours later and Im still not hungry!
Soooo...todays workout (b/c I was so full) was MM UB, 3mile run, Imax 3 1-5, then MMLB. A good workout but I wasn't planning on working UB again so soon.

Ameila** Again, wait until Sat's weigh in. Maybe the sodium is really high in that dish you made and you are retaining water;)

Kath** Good job on the workout today. When I use to run with my friend there was a st that we would circle around 2x's. It was about 4 kms long. Sometimes we would talk so much that after running around the 2nd time she would say "have we went around twice" Id be like "yeah...and I ain't do'in it anymore!" LOL Thats when I went from running 10k to 14 k over night! My knees really started aching after that.

Gayle** Good workout! Sounds like you got in there good! I went pretty heavy with my weights again today so I think there will be a little DOMS again tomorrow. Im hoping it won't be alot though!

Marcia** Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Pull up those socks and get that eating under wraps!

Roxie** Enjoy your workout tonight. You seem to do the TS alot. You enjoy those? I don't use that DVD very often.

Christine** I seem to have regained my eating composure! I wasn't behaving myself for a little while. I think I have things under control now so I know where you are comming from.

Sue** Hope your days aren't to hectic!

BBL!

Lori:)

Quickie check in, the kiddos woke up too soon!x( Eating has been good today despite dh being home most of the day. Greek yogurt with honey for breakfast, carrots and hummus with almonds for a snack, lunch was a veggie burger with cheese and salsa (no bun). I will have a protein shake later and dinner is Filet Mignon, baked potato (I'll have a baked sweet potato) and spinach salad.

WO today was Supersets, I missed yesterday's wo, was having a very emotional day and I haven't taken a rest day in almost two weeks. It was time. Tomorrow is 4DS KB.

I'll try to bbl. DH went in to make rounds, no surgeries scheduled today so he will be back soon. Don't know how much I'll be on the computer once he's home. I always want to hang out with him on the rare occasion that he is home during daylight hours. :D

Have a great day all!

Hey girls!

today has a been one of those go-go-go days x(!

I did the standing work in PUB,then ds woke so that was that! But it was still a good workout-i increased my weight on EVERTHING!:7 Those dang leg presses will getcha,LOL :+

ok,and i have managed to drink so far about 120oz of water so thats good too! I can't find my water bottle that holds 1.58liters so ive been using a 20oz bottle instead x(

ok,i will catch up with everybody in the am! I have to wake up early anyway to start a stew in the crockpot!

Have a good night:)

My meals for today
#1-3 mini protien pancakes w/1tbs NPB
#2-protien shake w/water and a orange(was starving)
#3-1 c brown rice,stirfy veggies and 4oz chicken-side salad w/ff french
#4-turkey sandwich w/1tbs light mayo
#5-1 1/2 cup of southwestern chicken soup
#6-1/4 c of reduced fat cheese and one slice of ww bread(cheese toast)

Hi Everyone,

I didn't really get to eat lunch today had a few onion rings,but that was it. The rest of my meals went as planned.

Lori- Iam doing the timesaver blast rotation that was posted on the
rotation forum. I like #3 and #4 and that is about it.

I start a new rotation that I had Lainie make for me. I bought low impact circut and am currently bidding on kickmax on ebay. I have tried to get this video 3 times but still haven't won one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.