Lunge.............20# DB 2/10 *each leg of course
swiss ball crunch.12# DB 3/12

then I am off to golf 18 holes.

edit: work out is done here is how it actually went:
WU my own stepping BOSU for 5 minutes
D Lift.................#75.....2/10 reps
Should Pr on machine...#22.5...1/10 reps...#27.. 1/10reps
Lat pull down..........#49.5...2/10 reps
Lunge..................#22.5...2/10 reps per side (added 2.5# ankle weights to my wrists to get to 22.5)
swiss ball crunch......#12.....2/12 reps and 1/24 reps

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Well just for fun I am responding to my own check in.

Today was workout 11.
Warm up- 2 miles on TM 19:30
Squats- 70# 2/10reps
Push ups- 3/15 reps regular on toes style
Seated Row- 60# 3/15reps
Step up- 20Db in each hand, 3/10reps
prone jack knife on SB- 1/14 reps 2/15 reps

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Judy - I'll go for it - was actually here looking to see if anyone was going to do the check in.

I think it would be helpful to see how we are doing and I would like to be able to bounce ideas off all those who may be able to help since I don't have a gym membership or any equipment other than a BB and DB's.

Am at work so not quite sure about my progress - just finished my 2nd round of workouts in Stage 1.

Will check back in here and there as I don't get to my computer much when I'm at home and only if I have time at work.

I did my second workout in stage 1 today. Slightly too embarassed to disclose the weights I used.
I have never done deadlifts with a full knee bend before. Just looking at the picture I would call it a squat. But I read the description several times and felt it all over. When I finished my workout, I felt like I had worked really hard but I didn't feel completely dead and drained like I do after Musclemax or Gym Styles. Instead I felt invigorated and energetic! I had kinda overworked myself on Cathe DVDs during the last few weeks, to the point I didn't want to exercise at all anymore. So, NROL4W seems like a refreshing challenge! I've only done 2 workouts, but I like it so far!

Thanks for joining in ladies :)

Jacque- Check in when you can! Howdid you like your first two workouts?

Martwad-I know what you mean about feeling over worked. It can happen. I do like starting out with short workouts. Stage 1, as stated in the book, is really about finding out where we are as far as how much to lift. The workouts gradually get longer.

Today is WO # 12 (1B) stage one. I'll try to get back on later to post my efforts. I am not adding in cardio today. I ran the last three consecutive days. Yesterday was the first day I had any signs of DOMS (butt region) from this program. I also really pushed on cardio on Monday and Wednesady with iTreads.

Lorie- Are you checking in here?????

Workout 12 is done:

Warm up- 8 minutes on stationary bike
Deadlift----------------- 80# 2/10 reps
Shoulder Press* (cybex)--- 31.5# 2/10 reps
Wide Grip Lat PD--------- 49.5 2/10 reps
Lunge-------------------- 22.5 2/10 reps ( DB in ea. hand)
Swiss ball crunch-------- 15# 2/15 reps 1/24 reps

* The book says to do DB shoulder press, I switched to pully shoulder press, but I never let the weights rest at the bottom of the lift. I'm not sure this is OK. I may go to the JP Fitness forums and ask this question. That forum has a NROL4W sub forum.

Finally got back here with my training logs:

Just finished Workout #6, (first two weeks of Stage 1)

Started off with 40 lbs on the squats and have progressed up to 50. Am finding it getting harder to get the barbell over my head so will order a 20 lb. weighted vest soon:D Not sure I can go much heavier than 70 since my knees are getting old and have been "beaten up" with my past athletic endeavors !

Made it through with all pushups on my toes, yea !

Seated row I subbed with 3 bands and have just moved back farther from the anchor point each time - worked the positive and negative as much as I could and had very slight DOMS afterward.

Step up I added 5 lbs and find it absolutely exhausting.

Jacknifes I am doing more than scheduled and feeling it loads !

Deadlifts started at 45 and moved up to 50 so far.

Shoulder press went from 12 - 15.

Pullovers have remained steady at 30 lbs. because my shoulders "pop and click" due to my volleyball days.

Lunges are at 15 lbs per DB - feel those loads in my upper hams.

Swiss ball crunch - started weightless but saw you added weights so used a 15 lb the last go round and loved it !

Am feeling like 2 sets isn't quite enough and am glad to see next week will be 3 sets. I can feel some extra strength building but would like a bit longer workout.

My cardio is running 3 days a week, usually 5 miles twice a week, one steady and one HIIT, then a long run of about 8 miles. Sometimes I will add 30 min after a weight workout and usually walk and add a little incline to keep my heart rate up.

I am looking to burn off some of the fat that has accumulated around my thighs and behind area. Can see a little difference already.

ETA: Sun is my rest day - which day would be best to begin a new week's check in, Sun or Mon?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.