****clean&tidy Thursday****

Sorry so late this AM. Had French lessons and got out the door late to get the kids to school. Now have to go pick them up. Just finished leftovers from last night (yum fajita... kept it small and simple). Bfast was cereal. I need to figure out something else for bfast since I can't find healthy cereals here. I had a small bowl of Frosted Flakes this AM b/c it turns out it's better than my granola in terms of cals/fat/sugar! UGH.

Today will be BSB and hopefully (if Ellie sleeps) a full core max.

Gotta go get the kiddos.

Not worrying about tomorrow. But today will be clean.

Real quick start or Katie's going to post on top of me!!!:p:p

NOPE! Cause Katie overslept, whoops!:eek:

Collin climbed into my bed at some point in the night. He started snoring, Chris thought it was me, so he started kicking me to make the snoring stop. Then I got pissed and we had a semi-argument at 3 am. Chris put Collin back in his bed, Collin fussed and complained, but everyone went back to sleep.

TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I will have about 25 minutes for cardio if I hustle, so I am going to hop on the treadmill and just go for it. I may do my walk/stretch/abs thing tonight again, just so I don't feel like a complete sloth.

Got a quick run in, and I feel pretty good about it. I've got a ton of paperwork to get done at work today, and I have some catch-up time tomorrow too, thankfully. Court this afternoon (no police officers, just an old crotchety baliff), then busy evening at home.

How 'bout I post my menu, it's been awhile since I've done that....

b cereal
s banana, 1/2 ounce almonds
l 1/2 sandwich, salad
s applesauce, 1/2 clif bar
d chicken parm (lf cheese), steamed broccoli

BTW, I've got Chris on a clean-eating plan. He's also doing STS and did a few miles on the TM last night!

I feel like dirt:( I haven't been sick in a really long time. And I don't have any medicine at home and Darrin went into work at 2 am. Hopefully he can sneak over to CVS and pick up some Dayquil. Not gonna take Neven to class-it's clod and icy, too. Gonna curl up on the couch and rest.

Angie, sorry about the game-not really;) We needed Illinois to lose to keep us at the top of the Big 10. Hope you get your workout in.

Katie, sorry about your crummy night. Have a good run!

Thank goodness for my very self sufficient 9 year old who's making breakfast and her lunch!

bbl...

Morris I agree with Kate maybe you should write him a short letter and if he responds then write a longer more detailed letter.

Katie sorry about the rough early morning and everyone should be on the clean wagon.

Klaudia feel better and drink fluids.

Anne that Kabul beauty book is a shame b/c what works in USA can be very dangerous in the middle East. Women are killed for being to sexy or for just showing their hair.

Angie how do you like WW?

Hey Colleen.
--------------------------------------------

ladies this is my confession (y-day menu)
1. no breakfast
2. cheese burger from Hardees for lunch
3. two slices of pizza for dinner
4. brownie for treat.
5. skipped my w/o

I'll take my forty lashes please.:( Today I'm back on the wagon as soon as I go food shopping oh I wish I was Oprah.

My w/o today STs legs

Last edited:
morning all

angie, just today, that is all you need to do. does your store have wheetabix? it is one of my favorite european cereals and is really clean i think. enjoy your wo today.

katie, yah on the run. you are doing abs again today? hope your day goes well - menu looks great.

robin, that really is not a lot of food, so you were tidy at least:D hope you have a good day.

klaudia, feel better soon - so sorry you are husbandless and sick!

well, let me start off by saying I WILL NOT SABATOGE MY DAY! there. scale is being awesomely kind, workouts and eating are on track. i will keep it up despite being at work, despite my stress level. easy pace 9 miler this am. yucky weather on the drive into work. and just as i think about reaching out to my dad i find out he is being a jerk about money to my mom. i will let sleeping dogs lie for a little while i think, esp as dh leaves town next week for 2.5 weeks. shh, don't tell, but i wish he was not going. i never say that as it makes it harder for him to go and i really want to be supportive. but i wish he wasn't.

eats clean and in control so far. will post menu later. must do work.

Morning, everyone! Well, book club was very interesting last night. I was worried that everyone else would love it and I'd be the odd man out, but they all thought it was just as bad I did. In fact, about half of them didn't even finish it. One of the members lived in Turkey and Saudi Arabia for a time, so she was able to give us some interesting insights about her experiences there. She stopped reading the book because she found the author's actions so offensive. The author made a LOT of cultural mistakes and in that culture that is just so dangerous. So, it was fun.

Morris, I think letting sleeping dogs lie with your dad right now is a good way to go. Parent/child relationships are so complicated, aren't they? And, I'm sorry your DH is going to be gone so long. I totally understand you don't want to say that to him, but you can tell us anything! Vent as much as you need to about it!

Angie, do you have muesli in France? That's what I ate for breakfast in Belgium, mixed with yogurt and fruit. It was yummy. How was your French lesson today?

Klaudia, poor thing! Isn't the Michigan/Michigan State game tonight? That's the perfect excuse to curl up on the couch, isn't it? Feel better soon, I'm glad your eldest is able to take care of herself.

Robin, no worries! We all have off days. Today will be better.

Katie, your menu looks good. Sorry about the 3 am spat, don't you hate those? I hope your paperwork goes well today.

Hi to Kate and Colleen!

I got up at 6:15 today and did 4DS Bootcamp. I thought I hated that work out when I first tried it, but now that my cardio capacity is better I think I really like it. It goes by so fast. I wasn't feeling great this morning, so I took a couple little breaks, but I decided taking breaks and finishing the whole thing was better than skipping a drill. For bis and tris I couldn't match Cathe on the bicep work, but I came close on the triceps. I used a 30# barbell, so that was pretty good (for me). The tricep work with the barbell was a little scary, but I got it done!

Okay, gotta eat breakfast. Yogurt and string cheese, but I'm out of bananas.

anne

Angie. hope u get your wo in!
wtg on eating! 1 day at a time!

katie, good job getting your wo in. last night too!
both big dds were in our bed last night. between them and j's 1-hr im up nursing her....mama not get so much sleep!:eek:

klaudia, sorry youre feeling so rough. yay for big kids!!
rest up today!

robin, no lashes from me! you've been doing so awesome. you just had a ceat day isall. you're back driving the wagon today!

morris, theres nothing easy about 9 miles before the sun is up!:eek::cool:
go w/ your gut on your dad.....
good job on eating & exercising!

anne, colleen, our busy working ladies! hope your a.m. is well!
------------------
i did sts6/legs last night.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
my hammies are hurtin'! these leg wo's are brutal!

cardio/stretch/abs today/tonight.

may go to meijer...but it is sooooo cold/windy..hate to take j out.:(

b - kasi, 1/2apple, pb
l- leftover enchiladas
d - s'thing w/ gr beef.

hi anne! glad you had fun last night!
i save bc for when my sistrs are w/ me. more fun w/ someone. plus i like to kick their butts!:D

WO done! Felt so good. I really am enjoying GS. They are just truly awesome! I have such a hard time with band work though - my neck always feels tensed up and I don't know how to relax it. And half the time, I know I'm not working it correctly! Oh well, practice makes perfect, right?

So, today was BSB and then I did core max 1 and Ellie came down just as I was finishing! Not bad. :)

Next two weeks the girls are off school and I've decided to do my runs with them. I'll put Ellie in the stroller and let Annabel ride her bike or run with me. We'll see how it goes.

Gotta take a shower... bbl for personals! Eats are squeaky... going to stay that way!

angie

Angie, Glad you're liking GS! For band owrk try to concentrate on pulling your shoulders down ans maybe that will help w/ the neck tension.
2 weeks off school?! I would love that! Hoep your running works out!

AM snack was toast adn cashews.:confused:

Question: Do you know how many times a day you use your right calf muscle?
Answer: Many!

My right calf is still sore from 4DS legs on Monday. The left one is fine and the rest of my legs are fine, but that puppy is tender! I must have done something. Oh, well, it's definitely better today, hopefully by tomorrow it will all clear up.

Angie, I'm glad you're liking Gym Styles!

Kate, your snack sounds yummy. I'm really hungry.

BBL.

anne

My neighbor made me homemade chicken noodle soup and it's so good! I think when Nevena goes down for her nap, I will, too.

anne, sorry about yourcalf! my legs are DYING from sts last night!:D

klaudia, what a nice neighbor!! enjoy your nap! its a good day for one here - gray cold windy

i took is & j to meijer. on the way to the truck a man was behind me. he was parked next to me. we were unloading our groveries out of our carts at the same time . i was thinking "cmon buddy! its freezing out here! ive got a baby - lend a hand!":mad: but alas he loaded his in half the time i did and hoped into his warm childfree car.....i guess what doesnt kill you makes you stronger huh?:rolleyes:

LOL Kate I just did STS leg 9 and my inner thighs are screeeeming.:eek: There were so many dead lifts:rolleyes:

Morris let sleeping dogs lie good advice for you b/c right now you are angry.

Anne take some OTC meds I hope you did not strain the muscle.

Klaudia thanks for the idea. I'm going to bake 2 chickens tonight and have soup for tomorrow.

FD-Time
Well it seems like lover-boy is sick of my cousin Tracey and told her that he needs his space. So she is coming back to NC tomorrow. I guess I'll be nice b/c she is heart broken.:rolleyes:

robin, hooray for deadlifts! i love those crazy things! they make me feel so strong!i didnt and i am def still feelin the burn!

maybe w/ that rejection tracey will know how her kids feel!

Klaudia, what a nice neighbor! Hopefully that nap will do you some good, too.

Robin, sorry about your niece.

Kate, you went to Meijer with two small children? You are a nut!

So, this year's road trip is going to be July 31 to August 2nd. There are only 105 spots and registration starts Monday (2/23) at 2 p.m. I know the last time there was only one road trip and that many spots it sold out in 3 minutes. So, here's my dilemma. If I try to get a spot there's a $100 nonrefundable deposit. My life is so up in the air right now in terms of caring for elderly parents I have no guarantee I'll be able to go. I don't mind that part, but $100 is a lot of $$$$. I guess I could try to snag a spot and let karma take over from there....what will be will be, right?

anne

anne, when you need groceries bad enough.....:rolleyes: it wasnt too bad. juliawas in the front pack and isabel is a pretty well-behaced child if i di say so myself!:D

i could technically make rt. once again, it would be immediately after our family vacation!:eek: except i wont be in my 3rd trimester this time!:D maybe my 1st tho!;) kidding!!! that would be way too soon! i highly doubt i'll go. the logistics of it w/ a nursing baby would just be not fun. but i will be SO SAD to be missing out!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

anne, when you need groceries bad enough.....:rolleyes: it wasnt too bad. juliawas in the front pack and isabel is a pretty well-behaced child if i di say so myself!:D

i could technically make rt. once again, it would be immediately after our family vacation!:eek: except i wont be in my 3rd trimester this time!:D maybe my 1st tho!;) kidding!!! that would be way too soon! i highly doubt i'll go. the logistics of it w/ a nursing baby would just be not fun. but i will be SO SAD to be missing out!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Whaaaaaat? Sorry I read the post wrong...I thought that you were preggo.:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.