****clean&tidy(and tardy)tuesday****

rofl!!!! i just posted pretty much the same thing!

katie, you feeling ok?

whats up today angie?

-----

goinggroc shopping,
might have il's over for dinner
will do tris and cardio

i love spring brk!!!!

I'm here, just got down to the TM as fast as I could so I didn't post first. Sorry! I am feeling better and I did a nice 3.25 mi, mostly steady-state, run with a bit of speed work thrown in at the end.

Today WILL be a squeaky-clean day and I am determined to eat a BALANCED diet. My diet has been so carb-heavy since i've been sick and I feel "fluffy." Lots of fruits and veggies today!

Be back at lunch!

Hey all,

It's been a crazy couple of days. Yesterday when I went to pick up Ellie, my car wouldn't start. I finally got it started (have never had a prob before) but it was idling really low on the drive home. I turned it off and tried to start it again - no problem. So, I figured it was a fluke but the same thing happened when I went to pick up Annabel in the evening and it almost died on me (in a round about!) so Ryan and I took it in this morning. It's so hard because things that should be easy are so hard. They didn't quite understand that it was just luck that the car made it to the shop and they wanted us to bring it back to be fixed in two weeks. We finally got them to look at it today but don't know how long it will take to fix and in the meantime, I have no car because they don't have a loaner with an automatic transmition. Ugh. So, pray it doesn't rain thurs and fri so I can walk the girls to school. Ellie will have to stay all day because it's like a 25 min walk so I can't go back and forth all day. We'll see what happens...

So, Ryan and I had to also pick up our long term visas today at the Marie (town hall) but first we had to go to the Treasury office (diff location, hard to find b/c nothing here is clearly marked!) and get stamps that prove that we've paid for the visas. Such a ridiculous process.

So, we picked up the girls and now he's at work and Annabel will just stay home for the afternoon instead of going back to school. It's a rainy day otherwise I'd prob just walk her back.

Anyway, needless to say I've had a bit of stress eating action. Good thing oreos are finally gone. I had a bakery sandwich for lunch but will keep it clean the rest of the day. No WO today - just too exhausted. Will make it my rest day and tomorrow will be cardio & weights.

Kate, LOL about your post. I knew the minute I posted, someone else would! :) Glad you're enjoying spring break!

Katie, sorry you had a rough day y'day. Glad it' starting out better today. Great job with your run and you can keep it squeaky today - I know you can!

Morris, sorry you're back to the real world! I always feel like I need a vacation when I return from a vacation! :)

Klaudia, sorry about the game... :( I was really pulling for them. UNC is such a "big" team! They beat us a few years back. I know the heartache...

Anne, did you get pp in last night... ribs sound yummy!

Robin, LOL on the joke with your kids. :) How's recovery week going?

Colleen, I'm with you on being hungry. It seems like if I have a really good w/o, I'm SOOOO hungry afterwards and nothing seems to fill me up. So frustrating!

OK, need to work some more on microsoft money. I think it's actually going to work for me! :)

Have a happy tuesday all - I need a nap...

angie, woes abound in france! that stinks abt the car! no worries on the eats and no official wo today - youre walkmaxin'!:D:D
i wouldve been so lost trying to explain car trouble! props to you guys!

oh, and klaudia & anne, im sorry abt msu for you!:(
are you hoarse today klaudia?:p

hi everyone! rough start here. i feel more tired when i am getting sleep than when i wasn't. what is up with that. i pushed thru a really long run. my tummy got rough feeling at the end:( but, i have had a bowl of oatmeal and some strawberries and it feels better.

kate, great wo last night, and good plan for today! glad you are having a good spring break.

angie, sorry for the car issue. what a pain!

katie, great run. i hope yuou feel better tday. i am going to really push the veggies today.

klaud, your dinner sounded good from last night. i like the push pull type wo's too.

colleen, hope your allergies are okay today.

robin, too funny with your kids. can't believe they believed you!

hi anne. how were the ribs?

so glad today is a home day. tons to do - laundry max, walmart trip, yard clean up. it is drizzly and grey but we will walk later. also plan to do core and legs. bbiab

morris, you amaze me! you get so much done everyday! im hoping for a very productive day too - gina being home sure helps! either she helps me or she just keeps isabel busy. isabel is what we call high-maintenance!:p
glad your tummys better - i hate that! sorry abt the sleep too! julias on a baaaaaad schedule from chicago - hoping to correct it sooner rather than later

i nursed aidan every 2 hrs on our trip so he'd be quiet - not a good habit for either of us!@!! now we are in a tough love stage and it is getting better;)

Quick drive by, I have a meeting in 5 minutes. Sorry I didn't make it back last night, my home computer was being wonky. I did do Push/Pull last night and it was great. I went pretty heavy with the weights. I had planned to do more ab work, but by the time it was done I was too tired. I'll do abs again today.

Well, the game was a bummer, but there's no shame in losing to the best team in the country, right? It's pretty tough to beat 3 #1 seeds in a row (for those who don't know, MSU beat 2 #1 seeds to get to the final game of the tournament). And, it was just so fun to have people in the state be happy and upbeat for a while.

Gotta scoot. I'll be back later for personals.

anne

Sniff, sniff:( Still getting over yesterday's game, if you can even call it that. They got schooled. Ah, well. At least it was an exciting season. Today is a cardio/abs day. Not sure what kind-maybe an incline walk or kickbox. And if I don't get to the store, we're going to be eating the plates!

Angie, so much beaurocracy in France! Hope the weather holds out for you. Last night hurt pretty bad-MSU didn't even look like the same team. Enjoy your rest day.

Kate, will you go for me, too?;) I think I'm going to have a b-day dinner for my mom and grandma next week. And I'm not hoarse-it was such a blow out, I didn't have to bother.

Katie, glad you got your run in. Good attitude on the eats!

Morris, thanks for the breakfast idea:) We have the same weather-I want sun and warmth! My poor kids don't leave teh house unless it's 45-50* and no wind!

Anne, I love ribs. I need to try and make them one of these days-maybe in the crock pot. Did you watch the debacle? It was painful-feel bad for Darrin . He takes it a little too personally, poor guy.

Robin, nice trick! Keep them on their toes!

Hi Colleen!

morris, amen to tough love!:p i hate hearing her cry in bed but when you know theyre overtired it does make it a little eaier.

anne, good luck at work today! great wo!

klaudia, so it was obvious the whole time they wre going to lose?
whatcha makin for bday dinner? i think im making lasagna bolognese tonight
hope you get your wo in!

bfast is done...nursemax, again, then meijer.....might buy them donuts...they havent had them in months and i had a bit of a mommy meltdown i feel awful about:(:(:(:(:(

NC Tar Heels triumph:D...now I have to buy the t-shirt because I live close to NC high school

I'm with you Katie....lots of veggies today.
Y-day I did not eat enough lunch to make it to dinner so I snacked on trail mix y-day afternoon.

Angie sorry about the car...they wanted you to wait 2 weeks!! I know how hard it is to not have a car. Stress will rob you of energy so try to rest today.

Morris do you eat anything before you workout?

Anne& Klaudia .... sorry about your team.

----------
w/o today 40mins step machine...which is getting boring.

help - what do i make for dinner? i need quick and good, using chicken. i have onions, potatoes, broc, cream of chick soup, salsa. no time for slow cooker now i don't think (it is 10am). help!

Morris, you so have time for the slow cooker-I put my dinner in at 1:30 yesterday and it was done by 5:30. You can make Salsa Chicken-pour the salsa over the chicken, add some corn, beans, can of diced tomatoes, and some cheese at the end-awsome over rice. Cook it on high for 3-4 hours.

robin, do you lisen to anything on your steppper?

morris, i like kl's idea. and you def have time!

klaudia, mmmmmmmmm

-
workdrama!!!! slowly resolving issues, but i hate issues! at least g's home to help!:D

colleen, are you buried under papers too????

-
found out today we're getting a whopping refund. im kinda ticked....i like to owe a little or just get a little back. better luck next yr. .....need to change withholdings around i guess. thanks julia!:D

I'm having an annoying day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. No news on my car - hopefully it's nice out tomorrow so at least the kids can get outside. He just came and picked up the girls and took them out so I could have some time to myself... he's too wonderful to me.

Sorry I'm kinda MIA... just not really thinking straight.

angie, you'd better *thank* your hubby later!;) would love to "meet" you all someday - you have a great little family!

that goes for all of you!!!!

(((((( group hug))))))

Aww, I think we all needed that hug!

Angie, it's ok to have an annoying day. Heck, I have annoying weeks!

Kate, Darrin would love to be "thanked";) I'll tell him it was your idea. That IS what you meant, isn't it?;) I knew within the first 5 minutes that MSU would lose. It was not a fun game. For dinner next week, I'm thinking steak, lamb chops (for my mom and grandma), asparagus, and some kind of potato:)

another question - how many sweet potatos make a lb? sometimes i am so hopeless in the kitchen!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.