****Clean & Tidy Monday****

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

I'm a little frustrated this morning. I weighed myself and in the past month I've GAINED 3 pounds. I thought, be cool, check your bf %. It went up. I was 22.6 last month and now I'm 22.7.

Guess this month I'll be focusing on my measurements and really cleaning up my eating. I'm just discouraged. I've never WO so consistently and to have it show a gain on the scale is just hard. I know it's not the only measurement of success. I also don't really have a good concept of what I'm supposed to weigh. The only thing I base it on is what I weighed when I felt skinny and that was 6-8 lbs less than I am now. I also didn't lift any weights back then so I guess it's hard to compare.

My annoying day keeps going. I have to go pay my cell phone bill at the store and I hate going there because it's always a long, drawn out process and to top it off, it's snowing and I HATE driving in the snow.

I'll be back later and stop complaining. Thankfully I get to do lowmax today and I love that WO.

Keep it clean peeps!
angie

Angie, I know I am the Queen of jumping on the scale, but I really don't think you should sweat this. I don't know if it would make things better or worse, but maybe you could weigh once a week instead of once per month? And I'm glad to hear you will be taking measurements, that is where the truth lies!

I need to get moving or I'm never gonna get my wo in -- run/walk on the TM. I did more 1RM testing yesterday, and I am a bit sore today. I also did BM2 cardio, super fun!

I just ordered a barbell pad, lifting straps for my bar, a body fat caliper, and the fitness by cathe band to sub for pull-ups.

Okay, be back soon....

WO done -- 4 miles, 390 cals, about 46 minutes. I felt really heavy and stiff on the TM this morning (AF is coming, I think that's the reason...) but I did the best I could.

I think my co-workers are taking me out to my birthday lunch today, but I WILL BE GOOD. My eating was squeaky yesterday, and I feel significantly better today. I will not blow it!!

Have a great day everyone!!

angie, .1% bodyfat is nothing! you have been under so much stress! you are doing great!

katie, great wo! good luck at lunch today! you can do it!:D

-----------
i did mm pp last night, paid taxes, went to meijer, and did the feb newsletter for preschool......and got to bed at 11:30.:mad: up w/ julia at 2 and i was up for the day at 5. i need some highenergy vibes today!:D

Monday, Monday!!

Well, I didn't get a chance to do Plyo Legs yesterday:( Darrin's friend from work came by to watch the game and I felt awkward working out with him there. Had some fries and 4 wings for dinner and shared a very small bowl of ice cream with Darrin:) Today is cardio-so it'll be HIIT and abs-from Ab Circuits, maybe? Have story time in a bit and that's it on the agenda.

Angie, please don't worry about your bf%. That miniscule amount is just that-miniscule. Keep up the good eating and the workouts and you're golden! Have fun with Lowmax!

Katie, 4 miles and you felt yucky?! Great job! Have fun at lunch. How was the movie?

Kate, busy night. Sending you lots of energy-I fell asleep at 10:30 or so and woke up at 7:)

Hi Robin, Morris, and Colleen!

b-kashi, fruit

bbl...

energy coming at you , kate!! i need some too;)

katie, great workouts, and great job with the eats!

angie, how do your clothes fit? i think that will be more accurate if you are lifting now.

horrid day and night for me. eats were fine. it is my mom, also had fight with dh, which i hate to do before he leaves. things are just so stressful. i came to the resolution he should get out of the navy. he still is not sure, so we are still up in the air. our fight was so silly, i am sure it is the stress. as for my mom, i am concerned she is suicidal. there. i said it. i hate all this and am getting close to hating my dad for putting her thru it. she has a psychiatric consult in 1 week, and my sister will be with her in the interm. she says the saddness is too voerwhelming and she cannot go on and does not want to! okay, i must stop writing about this as i am at work and will dry.

i did not sleep at all last night with worry but i did workout this am - 1hr on my elliptical. had clean white chick chilli for dinner, have leftovers for lunch. today i will ignore the cake at work and will not take my stress out on food. i will also take the dog for a walk later. bbl. thanks for listening everyone.

klaudia, you snuck in on me - have fun at story time, and enjoy your workout. how is the resume going?

A new Day...A new focus

Morning

Angie You are working out 100% so it's not your w/o it's your diet. Losing weight is 80% diet. Re-focus and write down what you really eat, IMO. I know my problem is nighttime munchies. Right after dinner it starts:eek:. Also with me it's carbs. My body over reacts when I eat carbs I immediately gain weight. This is why I weight myselft once a week and only count how much weight I lost by the end of the month b/c when I gain 3#n on Monday and then lose 2# by Thurs...did I really lose any weight?

Katie enjoy your b-day lunch. I'm thinking of waiting until Cathe gets her new chinup bar. Until then I'll just use the band b/c Iknow I won't be able to do a pull up. I'll just hand there.

Kate here are some wonderwoman vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~
you may need a napmax too.

My w/o STS Shoulder, Bi and chest....good and loud.

Klaudia and Morris your beat me.:D

(((Morris))) I so sorry.:( That's good that your mom is with someone at all time, she is going through alot and I understand why she is depress. I think that you should call her doctor and let her know how you feel. You are close to your mom so if you think that she is going to hurt herself....she may just do that. Take action.

Klaudia those wings were good right? You better hit that HIIT.

Good Morning Everyone!

Well Chris and I started STS this morning. He only made it 1/3 of the way through before he stopped. I was kind of glad he stopped early because it was getting cumbersome figuring out how to arrange everything for the both of us. I don't ever want to do a push up again but other than that it was fun.

Angie, if I am not losing weight, then I have to look at my diet. Sometimes my portions are too big or I am adding extra treats. I rarely lose weight when things are really stressful.
Kate, sending you lots of energy vibes today! You will make it through.
Katie, enjoy your birthday lunch today! Where are you going?
Morris, sorry about your fight last night. I hope your Mom can make it through this difficult time.
Klaudia, have fun at story time and let us know how your ab circuit is. I was going to do one this morning but ran out of time.
Robin, what did you think of your STS workout?

w/o STS Disc 1
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: grilled chicken salad
s: chopped veggies, strawberries & yogurt
d: going to hh so might eat there.

Colleen I know what you mean. I had weights all over the place. In the first meso she does not give us enought time to put the weights back, write down reps we did and pick out new weights. I ended up pausing the DVD player after each exercise. I also did the extended stretch which was about 15 mins. I needed it b/c my chest was on fire.

:eek: The WM stated that I burned 416.74 calories.

The 1rm for chest and biceps were good challenging weights for me but something went wrong with all of my shoulder weights. Shoulder weights were way too heavy. I ended up going down in weight just to complete most of the reps.

Besides that IT WAS SOOOO FUN! I kept laughing because I thought that since it's only meso1 that it was going to be easy...HA

b- 3 egg whites and cann bacon
l-sweet potato and tenderloin
s-?
d-?

We are suppose to be going to this Habachi (sp?) restaurant for dinner. I think that it is buffet so I can eat low carb but not low cal. We will see.

Last edited:
robin & colleen, go, you stsers!!! i have to decide when to start:confused: not even sure why im waiting! i think i'll cardio and stretch this week

robin, i *detest* habachi places! i always get a wicked stomach ache. i hope you like it!

colleen, does chris have a new respect for you???!!!:D

morris, you sound very motivated today!
i just read an article last night abot getting sleep and wo's. funny!
so sory about your mom. im sure thats very hard to deal w/ being so far away.

klaudia, id give just about anything for a sleep like that! i could go for a nap right now but its not gonna happen.
is story time at the library?
plyo legs will be worththe wait!

-------------
had a nice chat w/ angie this morning! wish we could all get together sometime... i highly doubt ill be at rt this summer.

eats are great today. feels good
did 20 min hiit on the vc. man, is that one seriously hard wo. 20 min is my max. mike can get 5 and hes maxed!:p thank you, cathe!!! will do abslater

anne's on a beach right now!!!:D

Hi girls,

It's late - sorry I didn't check in earlier. We had a weird day. It started snowing right before I took the girls to school. We got to school OK but then I got lost trying to get to the cell phone store plus it was snowing really hard and I just got turned around. I finally got there and they told me I couldn't pay my bill there. UGH. So, I went home, ate some lunch (clean by the way :)) and went to pick up the girls from school. Well, I couldn't get "up" our street. We live at the end/bottom of a cul-de-sac on a hill and my car wouldn't get up. So, I called Ryan. He had someone at work call the school. Anna was supposed to stay for lunch but Ellie never does. So, she stayed, Ryan came home and parked at the top of the cul-de-sac and we went to get them. In the meantime, I shovelmaxed and cleared most of the end of our cul-de-sac! Ryan stayed home for the rest of the day so that was fun. Then it rained all afternoon and melted most of the snow. So weird.

Lowmax was good - stuck it out with 2 risers. I think it's funny that after the "outer thigh" blast, she says, "Some are just easier than others!" I was thinking that was one of the hardest ones. Whatever. Anyway, burned almost 600 cals and felt good.

Kate, so fun to chat today. Wish we could meet in person. Someday we'll have a clean eaters reunion. I wish I could go to road trip - if it happens to be in July, I **might** be able to make it. Good luck with your decision. Keep in mind that no matter where your kids go to school, they will do well and succeed because they have great parents and a loving home environment and that makes all the diff in the world! Glad you're enjoying your VC. I hope someday my basement can be a gym too!

Katie, thanks for the encouragement. I know it's my eating. Sometimes I'm just too stubborn to give up good food. :) I just have to determine how important it is. Good WO this AM!

Klaudia, did you get your HIIT work in? Saw some pics of you on facebook in your little bikini! Girl, you are smokin' hot! :) What's your secret (because I know it's not smoke and mirrors!)? :p

Robin, thanks for the eating advice. I know it's my eating. I just don't want to admit it. I love to eat. I love to workout. Why can't I just workout and keep eating? :) Glad you're enjoying STS!

Morris, (((HUGS)))!!!!!! I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. You have so much going on right now. Take care of yourself, and I agree with Robin, have someone check in on your mom from a med standpoint. That can be so scary!

Colleen, ha ha about Chris not keeping up with STS. You go girl! How long was the WO?

Have any of you that are doing STS done P90X? How do you think they compare?

So, my in laws sent an email today saying they are thinking of hopping on a plane tomorrow and coming out for the rest of the week. They're so random but I'd love the company! Plus, our anniversary is next Mon so we could go out while they b-sit! :):):)

OK... watching superbowl with Ryan. Loved the end of the first half - so exciting. Even though I know who won, it's still fun to watch!

Goodnight all!
ang

angie, thatwould beso great if you guys could go out for a night alone! do you get along w/ your inlaws?
awesome job on lowmax w/ 2 risers!!! ive used 2 but it takes all the fun away for me.
thanks again for all the hs info - helped make some things clearer.:)

eats are good thus far. was wanting something sweet so i ate some grapes.

I'm home, and I'm tired. It is snowing to beat the band here -- it's pretty, but not enough to get me outta work tomorrow.

B'fast, am snack, and dinner were squeaky, lunch was tidy.

Hope everyone has a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.