****CHEETAHS****Thurs., 9/14

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs...

Just getting this going before I get ready for work. Want to get in early again today. It's raining lightly outside, but my goal is to get in a run after school as long as it stays like this or is dry. If it's heavier rain by the afternoon, then I'll go with KPC. I'm THRILLED that my DVD player is working again! :) :) :)

Wendy ~ sounds like a good workout. Are the same people in the new class?

Christine ~ Lots of good luck vibes comin' your way. I hope this happens for you. Keep us posted. :)

OK, off I go.

Cathy, have a good day at work and I hope you get the run in this afternoon! There is only 1 gal from my previous running class in this one but all of the students I am with have taken the first class at some point, some time. Some just didn't take the 2 classes back to back like I happened to.
As far as doing a 5k together, let's keep looking...we'll find one! I am doing one now at the end of Oct too in Sea Girt. It's the one that my running class is going to do. It's just women and is for breast cancer awareness in this area. I am going to ask my running buddy if she'd like to do it with me. You could join too but I know for a fact it's way too far north for ya!

Good Morning Cheetah Women!

So I think it's safe to say that I had enough of a work out yesterday!:p I'm gonna take it easy today and just do lower body ;)....hoping for L&G at naptime.}(

Tomorrow evening is my park run with my friend. We are NOT going to do any kind of hills though. We did hilly stuff 2 weeks in a row. I'm makin' her take on the flats this time!:p

Well, I was up at 5:30 am this morning. For some reason Joey started to cry (which is rare!) not only this morning but last night too (about 9:30pm) so I had to go do my mommy-job!;) I could have laid back down this morning but I was going to be getting up by 6:30 anyway so I figured it's not worth it.

Hope all is well.

I'll be back!:)

Good Morning Wendy and Cathy and all other cheetahs!!!
I'm going to school today (x() I'm feeling alittle better. Today's W/O is legs and abs, no cardio today. I'm ganna do alittle bit of abs this morning too.

Cathy- When I get home from school I'm ganna do some of the yoga video. Looks so relaxing and some new poses I haven't seen. Can't wait!! Also, hope you get the chance to squeeze in your run. If not, KPC is a great W/O!!

Wendy- LOL! L&G at naptime!! Good one:+ I bet your great a doing the "mommy job"! Joey is a lucky kid;-)

will be back later after school (or during if I can}() Love you guys!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

G'morning Cheetahs!! It hardly seemed worth it to get out there running this morning, just a 3.12 mile run! (3 miles on the taper schedule) It was chilly, dark, & almost a bit foggy but felt good to get out there once we got going. And I got to sleep in a little, Melissa & I didn't go til 5:30 since it wasn't going to take much time anyway!

Pilates again on tap for later. I guess one good thing about less mileage- my appetite has been a lot less! I'm trying to eat lighter this week too. I'll add in more good carb next week.

It rained most of the day y'day so I hope the sun comes out today!! If not, I think Allison & I will go run our errands this morning. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my new van?? ;-) We need to sell the old one still though, anyone interested?? :p

Have a great Thursday- it's Survivor night!!!! I love Survivor!

Hugs,

Cathy ~ Have a good day at work! Yeah on the DVD player working again! I hope the weather holds out for you. Did I mention that I ordered KPC w/ L&G???? Yep, I'm a sucker.... I've wanted it for a while & I ordered it now so that it'll be here for after the marathon. It's my treat to myself!! :p

Wendy ~ Enjoy L&G. See post above about ordering it! I can't wait to try it out, but will have to make myself wait til after the marathon, don't want any DOMS til after that!! Good Mommy to Joey, I remember those days. My dd's hit the pillow & are out til the morning now, but I've had many a sleepless night. Especially my 2nd dd who had colic, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!! Have fun running w/ your friend too.

Adri ~ I'm glad that you're feeling better. Do well in school, I know you will.

Christine ~ Adding in my well wishes for the new job!! I hope you get it, it sounds like a good fit for you!

Susan ~ I posted a long old post to you y'day. I'm going to repost it here so you see it! Funny that we are having similar routines! My older 2 dd's are in school full time & my youngest is still at home (except preschool 2 mornings a week). Oh yes, we have a HUGE tub of Polly pockets, the roller coaster, limo, cars, water toys, you name it!! Thanks to wonderful relatives who buy them a ton at Christmas/ bdays!! Plus a large collection of My Little Ponies, etc. They are fun to play with but I get a bit OCD & used to have to have them ALL organized by outfits & shoes.... um I was banned from playing Polly's!!! ROFL Now they just all go in a big tub & I can close it up & not look at it when they're done!

And yes, I used to run on the treadmill. In fact, that's how I started running. I got a treadmill after my 1st dd was born & started walking on it daily. I managed to lose 60 lbs, but was never *fit* & still overweight. (I used to be a cardio only girl, never lifted weights or did any strength training) It wasn't until after I had my 3rd dd that I really got serious about losing weight & getting in great shape. I had been walking & doing a little jogging on the treadmill & finally started bumping up my pace little by little & running a bit longer (well, worked my way up to 4-5 miles at that point). Well, eventually I killed the darn treadmill & got different one. I was running on that one until 6 mos later when I fried that one!!! (I got it used but thought it was a good one!) So... off to the outdoors... and have been running outdoors since!! (and that pushed me to do a 5K, then a half marathon last year!) Now I don't think I could go back to it. I ran outdoors all winter long, invested in a good pair of running tights & fleece & managed to run even in below 0 temps (yes, my neighbors think I'm a nut!! ). So anyway... more info than you wanted I'm sure!! That's it in a nutshell..

You'll do great in your 10K. I agree- don't start out too fast. Try to keep your own pace, don't follow the crowd. Do you have a Garmin (GPS) or know your usual pace for a 10K run?? Try to stick to it & kick it up the last mile or 2 if you're feeling strong still! And sprint those last .2 miles!!! I'm competitive too & try to pick out people to pass towards the end- it's good motivation to finish strong!

Shelly ~ I crack up every time I see your post about man against horse. Tell me, will you go ahead & finish up the last 1.2 so that you can say you ran a marathon?? I think I would! LOL

Carole ~ I'm glad that John is doing better. You're doing great w/ your workouts!

OK, I've gotta run & get ready for the day!

Everyone else ~ Have great workouts & a great day!

Hugs,

G'Morning Jess!
Its ok weather right now, but we have slight rain supposedely in the forecast. At least I don't have a run today, I mised mine yesturday;(

Jess- Have fun with Mari Winsor today (pilates) Your our piltaes star!!!:D

Well, have to make lunch and finish up for school. Will be back later. Love you guys:*
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Rain rain go away!! I'm sick of rain, it's rained all week here!!

I will have fun w/ Mari. I even have a picture w/ Mari, she's a pretty cool lady!! ;-) I even got to meet a couple of the instructors on her DVD's- Rachel (she's on the circle DVD & Maximum burn) & Susannah (she's on the abs sculpting DVD & most of her other ones). So I feel like I *know* them while I'm watching them on the DVD's!

So what do you take for lunch?? I pack my dd's lunch if they don't like what's on the menu. Have a good day & we love you too, sweetie!

Hugs,

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...yes, you can make the check out to John Piazza Hosp Fund...thank you...:)..wow 16 intervals...sounds like a good class. It is a good idea to do some flat after all those hills!! Hope Joey is not too fussy today...he is such a cutie..

Cathy...you are welcome for the address...:)...ME is death by Cathe...good job, so the DVD player is all right?....I am watching Dancing too. I was so impressed by Emmitt's dancing...WOW!!!!! I agree with them voting out Tucker....

Adri...glad you are feeling better today. Have fun at school. Yoga is so good for the Body...enjoy...:)

Jess...I bet you are loving your van!! Hope the rain stays away for your errands...I am a Survivor fan too. There is a local girl from where I live on it this time...should be fun to watch...:)

Judy...no wildfires here but there is still a bad one in Weaverville which is about 60-90 min away. I am not liking today though as it is dry and windy...so you call the treadmill a dreadmill?....too funny...:)

Shelly...glad to see you! Sounds like a tough run. At leats your weather is nice...P90X B&B was fun...thanks I had been meaning to post the address for Johns fund, but kept forgetting...:)

Tomasina...I hadn't heard about the Ralston fire...hope the smoke fades fast. I know, if I would just clean out the junk in my workout room I could probably put my Elliptical in there. I've started, but its a long project....I haven't got that issue of RW yet...I let my subscription lapse so I might have missed a few issues...

Christine. Good Luck with the job...When will you know about if you got it?? You are right it is supposed to be cloudy today, but its too dark to see right now...:)

Susan...just try not to get sucked up going too fast in the start. And remember your breathing so you don't get a stitch, those are things that have happened to me in shorter runs. Yes, P90X can be modified. You don't really need the chin up bar. You can sub any kind of row with weight or even use bands for the chin-ups and pull-ups.

I am doing S&H legs, and at least 60 min on the Elliptical, not sure of which workout yet...:)...

Have a great day...:)

Just a quick check in. I ran 8.31K in 50:15 and am so pleased that I am able to stay in the 1K/6 min. range even in my longer runs now:) It was a rainy run but a good one. My visiting brother took us out for a late dinner last night and my tummy felt a bit heavy on the run. We're having a great visit, I love him dearly, he makes me laugh and think but God Bless him, HE SMOKES TOO MUCHx( x( He bought 15 yo Marley a digital camera so I'm hoping to get a head shot up soon so y'all can see my smilin' face:)

Off to work, I miss catching up with everyone, hope all is well.

Take Care
Laurie

Good Morning Cheetahs! Up getting the girls ready for school. Was going to go for a short run, but it’s really windy out there . We’re experiencing a cold front today and tomorrow (yesterday was 90 – today will be 70 – go figure). So I’ll probably do an iCycle workout and P90X Shoulders, Bi’s and Tri’s.

Cathy – So glad to hear the DVD player is working! That’s wonderful! Thanks for the good vibes. I will keep you posted.

Wendy – that sounds like a great run! So cool!!! Are you still walking okay after your super day? Of all the jobs I’ve had, the mommy-job is the best! How’s the other job going for you?

Adri – have a good day at school

Jess – I’m so happy you love your new van! There’s nothing like driving a car you like. Good for you! I’ve noticed as well that when I don’t run as much, I’m not as hungry… Thanks for the well wishes!

Carole – I’ve got a check in the mail for John as well. Did you ever receive the CC’s? Thanks for the well wishes on the job. The manager is going on vacation next week so if I don’t hear today or tomorrow, I’ll have to wait a week. I guess I keep looking, but…

Laurie – Great job on the run!! I’m sorry to hear about your brother. I know how tough it is to quit, but it’s worth it. He sounds like a great uncle, though – buying Marley a digital camera! Can’t wait to “see” you!

Thank you so much for the check for John, Christine...:)...I was going to email you. I never rec'd the CC's...we usually don't have trouble with our mail, so I am assuming they might have got lost or sidetracked? I hope you hear before the manager goes on vacation....:)

I agree with Christine, Laurie...would be great to see you and your bro and of course the girls...:)

Carole - I had DH mail them, so they're probably STILL sitting in the back of his car. I should know better. Grrr... Let me check with him, whap him upside the head with a Silly Putty hammer, and get them out.

Jess and Carole,
Thanks so much for the advice. I know that adrenaline is going to get started and I will really have to pace myself. I do not have a gamin, but maybe in the future I just might need to get one:) I love new toys!

Jess, yes we do have a similar situation with the kiddies. I have a barrel of little ponies and groovy girls and TONS of polly pockets. My daughter always makes me dress the polly's and sometimes it is pretty tough to get those clothes on. I honestly don't know what I will do with myself when she goes to kindergarten next year....Oh I will probably think of something:9

Just 2 more days until my run!!!! I am not excited at all}( I am going to run 5 miles today on the treadmill and do the Body Max upper body portion. I am really liking that workout.

Jess, that is funny about you wearing out your treadmills, you must have been smokin! I used to hate running outdoors, but now I find it very serene and much more interesting than the treadmill, but I am going to continue to do both.

Cathy, I am glad your dvd player is working again.

Wendy, enjoy legs and glutes and hopefully you won't be too tired today after getting up so early.

Carole, I think after my 10k I will get into the power 90 x. I need something different. Have a great leg workout!

Laurie, I am so glad you are having a nice visit with your brother. And, great job on your run.

Christine, have a great workout! I bet you are glad to be back on schedule. How is your eating? My is a lot better.

Adri, I am so glad you are feeling better. Have a great day at school!

hello to everyone else and thanks you guys for all your encouragment. I TRULY appreciate you guys, HUGS!!!!

Susan

Helloooo Cheetahs. Perfect weather here for a change. I love fall in Minnesota.
Cathy, I'm glad your DVD is working. It would be very hard for me to live long without it workout wise..
Wendy, You get stars for working our while Joey naps. I used to nap when DS napped I was so pooped out. I was a wus.
Adri so glad your feeling better. Are you in school? Or do you teach school?
Jess, where do you live? When I ran before my now 9 year old was born I ran in the winter. In fact I loved it. I hate running in summer heat.
Carole, Wow as usual. How do you do two tough workouts a day? Your legs must be legs of wired steele.
Laure, Wow to you on your milage. You are an inspiration. I couldn't do the distance let alone the time. Please let me know how to get a picture up on the web site. I don't know how to do it. I could get a shot of my mug up too.
Susan, Good Luck
My week has been, 5k & stretch,core max, HST (the leg presses were *ell), rest, fast 2.8mile run & 13min. stretch, today PUB and lay down 15 yards of mulch.
I can't wait until Cathe's new dvd's are out. I ordered them all ages ago and they will be a nice addition to my rotations.
Colleen

Got in P90X Shoulders and Arms with the bands - decided I'd try it this week as I've always been taught that shaking things up is good. It definitely gives a different workout. I had to change bands around like I do weights - but I enjoyed it. I do feel all worked out. I added CoreMax 2 as well - love that workout. Now it's off to fix dinner - I want to get it ready to pop in the oven as we have Back-to-School night when we usually eat - thank heavens I'm home right now or it would be take out! Then I'll do an iCycle and watch The Terminator (a free On Demand movie from Comcast). I hoping i'll cycle longer if I watch the movie... :p

Susan - I am eating better, although I messed up a bit yesterday. But I'm backon track today. Glad you're doing better!!

Hey there, Colleen! Fellow Midwesterner here, I'm in IL!! I love fall weather too, it really feels awesome here today!! I love running in the winter, especially when the snow is just falling, it's sooo serene & pretty. Once I got used to how many layers to wear, it wasn't so bad. I ran on Thanksgiving morning through the snow & it was beautiful! I actually look forward to that.

Sounds like you got in good workouts so far this week!! Take care!
Hugs,

Susan ~ You're welcome. You'll do great at your 10K & I can't wait to read your race report!!

Funny about the polly pockets too. Yes, sometimes those clothes are a pain to get on & off!! I love some of the shoes too, but they're so small that it seems like we only have *1* of the pair! People keep asking me what I'll do when they're all gone, but for some reason I keep finding something to keep me busy... (um, running or Cathe??? ;-) )

I think it's a good idea to do both. I actually would like to get an elliptical, but don't know where I'll find the room. My treadmill was a space saver & didn't take up much room folded. I know Carole has one, but I'd like to get a cheaper model since I'd probably only use it a couple times a week.

Hope you enjoyed your 5 miles today!

Hugs,

Good job, Christine! I've heard lots of good stuff about P90X around here. A friend had lent me Power 90 a while back, but honestly I thought Tony was sooo annoying. I only did 1 of them though, and I think it was a yoga?? Anyway, maybe I should give him another shot!

Enjoy your iCycle & Terminator! My dh loves those movies. WTG on getting back on track w/ the eating today!

Hugs,

OK, got done w/ ErrandMax. Ran into a good friend at Target so had to chat w/ her for a bit. Allison was good. I found a black seamless dry-wick running tank on sale, I might wear it for the marathon. I'm going to wear it on Sat to make sure it doesn't rub anywhere!! Otherwise I have my aqua one that I wore for the half marathon that I might wear. Decisions decisions!! ;-) I found a pair of jeans for my 7yo & a pair of track pants & matching jacket on clearance, I love Target for that reason! :) And a few other things of course, I can't get out of there w/out a few extras!

Then to the bank & stopped by my neighbor's consignment store (which she co-owns w/ her Mom) & found a plain grey Champion workout top for $2. Can't beat that!

Anyway, got home & fixed lunch & my Dad called to say that w/ the weather so nice he was gonna hop on his Harley & head over in a bit. (he lives about an hour & a half away) So... guess he'll be here for dinner. ;-)

Better go get in my Pilates & vacuum while Allison's napping. The day's flown by!!! Have a great rest of your day!

Hugs,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.