****CHEETAHS***** TGIF!

Morning Sekcy Cheetahs!! Just gettin it started!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hey Cheetahs!!
Can't believe I'm startin it!! Cool:)

Today is the day I don't go to the gym, but I do some abs. Maybe SJP and go to gymnsatics. I'll go read some from yesturdays check in. Love you guys:* Will be back later after school.

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hi Adri and all who follow.

Adri, Have fun at gymnastics today.

Susan, Your 10k is tomorrow right!? I'm sooo excited for you! Can't wait to hear about it!

Well yesterday I opted for a quick gym hit as soon as DH got home from work. I hopped on a spin bike and did my 40 min ICycle.

I am going to do Legs and Glutes today and then at 5pm I am going for a run w/my friend.

TGIF!

Toodles for now!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Adri...sorry about your bad day at school yesterday...YUK...gross story!!! Sorry about your mean teacher, hope today is better...I really like SJP, it has a huge fun factor.. I am feeling S&H legs..now...:)

Wendy...have fun with L&G and running with your friend...:)

Susan...you should give P90X a try after the 10K. I think you might like it...

Colleen...my legs have always been fairly strong. I actually had wanted to go longer on the Elliptical but that particular program was tough!!! I can't wait for Cathe's new DVD's either. The Premixes are looking awesome!

Christine...How was cycyling and the Terminator!! Funny about the CC's maybe being in your DH's car...:)...my DH does things like that too.

Katrina...hope you had a good rest day yesterday..:)

I'll be doing MM shoulders, bi's and tri's, abs and a 5 mile interval run.

Have a good day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs! Finally getting here after sleeping in til 6:45 & getting up to get my dd's up & ready for school! Allison has her *pretty school* at 9, so I'll drop her off & go grocery shopping. My dh gets home early on Fridays (love his schedule!) so just in case I'm not home he can pick her up. Then he's doing a roofing project w/ a friend, they do it for some extra money. ;-) It will probably take them all day & tomorrow to get it done. I'm watching my best friend's ds tonight (he's 5 & Kiersten's *boyfriend*). She & her dh have plans & I don't mind keeping him over, the girls all love him. The weather's supposed to be beautiful today so we'll be spending it outdoors!!

Just pilates again on tap for today, it's technically my *rest* day but I feel like I've been resting all week!! :eek: And then just our 8 mile run tomorrow & taper madness will really hit next week!!

Ok, I've gotta get showered & ready for the day! I don't even have my contacts in yet, I feel lazy! :p

Have a great Friday!

Oh, and I got my KPC & L&G y'day!!! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait til AFTER the marathon to do it, but that was my plan. Something new to do after my big finish!

Hugs,

Hi Ladies
I'm checkin in quick here because the day is busy.
Yesterday was GS BSB and L& G ankle weight work. Today was a 6 mile run and stretch. I hope to get in some pilates after cleanning the lower level ( my friday routine)

Has anyone heard from Barb since her big shin dig? I am not all caught up on the forums....
Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning! I've been busy this week so haven't had time to post but I've been keeping track somewhat.

This Sunday is my final 20 mile run then I get to begin my taper!!! I am so freaking tired that I cannot wait to cut back a bit. But the satisfaction of just about having the peak of my training behind me is almost indescribable. For the next three weeks I'm going to have to keep my mind occupied to keep the jitters at bay.

Adri, I hope your day goes better for you today!

Wendy, Carole, Jess and Judy, Sounds like you are all doing great!

I'm going to try to drop by again later. Talk to you all then!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I think I’m just going to strap on my running shoes and RUN! I’m not sure how far – may try a route I mapped out before that’s about 8 miles (probably a bit more as I did not map it too closely). Nice uphill, but the end is all down hill. So, that’s a good thing. We’ll see. It’s a very cool day, so I’m looking forward to the run. I love running on cool days!

Adri – Have fun at gymnastics!

Wendy – enjoy Legs and Glutes! You’re becoming like our esteemed leader – leg work THEN a run! I’m impressed!

Carole – DH has no clue where they are… MEN!!! He’s going to look and get back to me – otherwise, I’ll burn a new CD with them. Cycling and The Terminator was fun! When I was training for a century ride, I used to ride my trainer and watch movies all the time because I was a single mom and had to be home for DD. I set up her bike, too, and we would ride together – often I watched Disney movies as I rode.

Jess – Happy Friday! I love sleeping in! When is your Marathon again?

Judy – haven’t heard from Barb lately! BARB!!! Come on out! Sounds like you had a great workout yesterday! Enjoy your run!

Elaine – How exciting!!! You know where with you in spirit!

Susan – enjoy your 10k!! That’s such a great distance!

Good mornig Cheetahs, yes TGIF!

Long workout for me today. I did RS (one of my favorites), followed by a Treadmill Challengers workout which put me at 3.5 miles, plus 10 minutes of pilates.

Have a great day everyone:),

Katrina

Good morning cheetahs!

I am feeling great this morning! I am going to go out and do an easy 3 mile run and a good long stretch. I can't believe tomorrow is my 10k. I am really excited and I decided I am just going to enjoy it and not be competitive. I have plenty of time for that.

Adri,hope you had a great day at school and we love you too:)

Wendy, Sound like an awesome workout and I will definitley fill you guys in tomorrow right after my run. When is your 5k?

Carole, I will definitley try p90 after my 10k. I have so many unopened dvd's right now. I have the TLT's also that I have not tried. I get so obsessed with the running, that it is hard to fit it all in.

Jess, you will LOVE Kpc and Legs and GLutes! Have fun grocery shopping, UGH!!!

Elaine, It sounds like you need a break. What do you have planned for your week of taking it easy?

Christine, Have a great 8 mile run. I like that distance. Any further and my body starts to hurt.

Judy, great run!

Katrina, you get the prize today for the best workout! You must feel great right now accomplishing that.

Hello to everyone else and have a great day!

Susan

Hey Ladies:) No run for me today but I got a BodyPump workout in. It was an eventful week here with my brother's visit and all. My Mom and 17 yo Elizabeth were in a car accident on Monday. No one was hurt but Mom got some nasty burns on here chin from the airbag. Elizabeth was completely unharmed thank God. My brother and I were on our way home and saw that there had been an accident and my heart dropped like a stone when I realised it was Mom and Bishy in the crunched up car. We're not sure if the car is a right off or not but it was a definite wake up call for Mom. She says she's been a bit cocky with her driving lately. It's funny that our driving skills are never tested between 16 and 80 years of age. The week was very unstructured and we ate too much and slept too little. I'll miss Michael but am glad to get back to a routine. We had an early Christmas and I'm enjoying the brand spanking new 20" monitor that he gave us. I can see you all in your pictures now. The old monitor was 9 years old and very dark. You are one good looking, fit bunch of folks!!!:7

Adri, SJP is a blast, have fun!

Wendy, you really seem to enjoy LG,}( I think it's Cathe's best lower body workout:)

Carole, hope your workout was good. How do you structure a 5 mile interval run? Sounds interesting:)

Jess, you're gonna love your new workouts. My tapering starts after this Sunday's long run of 20K. Running a full marathon boggles my mind, although 6 months ago I couldn't imagine running a half:)

Judy, sounds like a good day, enjoy!

Elaine, I hear you! I'm trying very hard not to get too excited about the event, don't want to psyche myself out.

Christine, have a good one! The cool temps are glorious to run in.

Katrina, I love it when I can get an extra long workout in. RS is so fun!

Susan, I'm with you on just enjoying the event. I'm not running for money so this being my first event I see it as a base line for all the other's. No pressure, just the joy of being a part of something so completely positive!:)

So runners, I'm in a bit of a quandry. On Sunday we are scheduled to run 20K so our group is meeting in Picton and will run the half marathon route in it's entirety (21.1K) with the option to walk the last 1.1K. I have mixed feeling about this, it almost feels like opening up my Christmas present before Christmas. I don't want to run 20K on my own but I'm not sure if I want to run the exact route of the event and have the event be anti-climactic. What do you all think?

Take Care
Laurie:)

Well, the run ended up being 8 miles exactly, and it was a nice fun run. I never, ever dreamed I'd say that an 8 mile run was fun! I thought it would be tougher - I mean, I typically don't run hills as my half is flat - but I'm finding hills that are not really steep aren't too bad. Am I weird? I'm going to do this one again - And I know a little extra I can add to get it to 10.5 miles. It was WINDY out there, but it wasn't as bad as I had feared.

Susan - Enjoy your run! And as I said - good luck tomorrow! Enjoy this one. I like 10k's.

Katrina - great workout!

Now off to do StretchMax with the bands - I find that one really stretches my legs well.

Good job, Christine!! I'm doing my 8 mile run tomorrow. Funny that for me 8 miles is my *short* run after hitting my longest of 21 miles. I added my marathon date to my sig, it's Sept 24th!!! Just a little over a week away!!!! Wow, time is flying by!

And I love the hills. It's gonna be weird for me because the marathon course I'm running is pretty flat except for a mile 3 & a bridge to run over. Enjoy Stretch Max!

Ok, I'm finally sitting down! So much for a *rest* day! ;-) I got my errands run & came home to put the groceries away just as Greg was pulling in w/ Allison. She was a little mad at me for going to Wal*mart w/out her, she loves going w/ me! :) It was almost strange to be shopping by myself, I find that in some ways I like it but in other ways I love taking my girls w/ me.

I had talked to one of the preschool moms who told me her neighborhood was having garage sales so after lunch Allison & I went garage saling. Wow, I found some great deals on cute clothes for the girls!! I got a whole load of laundry's worth for about $20!!! And the best find was a Pooh blankie that is EXACTLY like Allison's favorite blankie (she sleeps w/ it & takes it everywhere) for $3!!! I was psyched, now I can wash her other one w/out a big trauma!! :p

So now I've gotta do some picking up to do & get in my pilates & the girls will be home in a little over an hour! The day's flown by. We'll just be hanging out tonight- what a nice day! TGIF!

Hey my Fav cheetahs!!!
Home from school. Today went better, alot better thank god!! I don't know if I could handel all that crap again}:)+

Today is the only day I don't go to the gym, but I still have gymnastics and did some abs this morning and I may do alittle more. I did SJP abs this morning before school and I may do a few hundred sit-ups now. I dunno I love ab work!! and biceps}(

Wendy- Hope you have a great run tonight girl! I should try running in the evening. Usually I like doing it during sunrise but sunset, should try that;-)

Carol- Great W/O you have planned!! S&H legs made me pretty sore the first time I did it. Great W/O that is! I love the music in SJP! Its so what the word...Energenic (not like I need more energy}() IMO. I love it!

Jess- Your so funny:+ I know you probally weren't trying to in your post but I just love the little humor you put in em. LOL:+ Sounds like you have a busy day cheetah! Sending you ((((((GOODLUCK))))) for your marathon!

Judy- Enjoy pilates cheetah!

Elaine- Also sending you (((((GOODLUCK))))) for your 20 MILE MARATHON!!! you crazy cheetah...LOL:D Hope everything goes well

Christine- Totally with you. I love running on cooler days too. It doesn't make me so hot and tired I stop myself short, plus especially in the morning at sunrise, its not only cooler, its beautiful!! Enjoy your run:)

Katrina- JW what is RS? My mind is going blackx( Anyway, great job on your W/O cheetah!! Keep it up

Susan- Awwwww thanks girl!! I love you and all my other cheetahs too:* Also, great attitude you have about your 10k tomorrow. Your not into "winning" necessairy, just fun and gettin a good W/O! Keep it up girl;-) Also sending you (((((GOOODLUCK)))))

Laurie- OMG I hope you moms burns get better, but glad to see no one got seriously hurt. To give you advice on your question, I say do what you feel you want. If you wanna do a different route go for it, if not, do the normal route. You choose girl;-)

Have a great afternoon cheetahs!! Love yea:*

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Posted same time as my Jess!! Wow you one busy Mommie:+:+ Take care cheetah;-)

TGIF!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

I have time to check in this afternoon! It's been all birthdays, all the time here at my house, DH, DD and DS all in the same week. I've been really busy eating cake :7 :eek: :+ :9 :9 :9 :9 But I have been working hard this week with a total of 53 miles on the agenda and of course there is the strength work too.

Adri, I am happy to hear that your day went much better today! Your posts make me smile.:) How come all 14 year olds can't be like you?

Christine, I think you are with me much more in spirit since our events are the same weekend. Are you getting excited?

Susan, I'm training for a marathon on Ocotber 7th so the break I have will be for the three weeks before the event. I'll run 20 miles this weekend for my last significant long run until the actual 26.2. Between the 20 miles and the marathon I'll just be cutting back on my mileage and other workouts. Good luck on your 10K tomorrow. I think you'll do just great! Be sure to post as soon as you can to let us all know how it goes for you.

Jess, I need days like yours to keep my mind occupied before my marathon. Otherwise I get all worked up and do nothing but constantly run the marathon in my head. And if anyone tries to engage me in conversation, well, what do you suppose the topic has to be?

Laurie, What a horrible thing to come upon an accident only to realize that it is your mother and your daughter!!!! I'm so glad no one was hurt. How do you get burned by an airbag exactly? And please, please forgive me again but I forgot when your 1/2 is.:7

Geez, Laurie - I missed that entirely!!! WOW! How scary! You must have been frantic! I'm so glad no one is hurt! One thing to remember on your Half, is that even if you do run it, it will be nothing like running it during the Half - events are always way different with people everywhere - other runners, people on the side lines shouting...

Awwwww Elaine thanks girl!!! That made me feel so nice:) I'm so glad I joined here and can be around ppl like you!

Thats for givin me that special moment:D
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.